Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,004 members, 7,845,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (288481 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2008
@All

I wonder whyi watch the match sef cry cry cry

One of the most dismal performance of Chelsea for ages.

Borough were very very unlucky

Was it NOT the same Chelsea defence that was difficult to break for many years?

Indeed beautiful footie of Avram's team shocked
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2008
Yes he does have passion . . . he went to see the FA Youth Semi-final game with Avram Grant. .

@Akola

I was amazed you know. . . They removed the special because of this same type of football o o . . To mean it looks like the football is now worse. . . it was so boring a fan slept off. . So much for positive football

Dismal exactly is the name. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2008
@Nateeves

You are too oyinbo for my liking. grin

Copyright ko! Copyright ni!!

Once went to Chelsea shop in SB tobuy almanac, cups and DD turtle neck( that was during sales)

I will always be glad to buy Aba made jersey at a relatively cheap price.

I am from a 3rd world country and dont expect me to buy a jersey for £40.

Let share some material jare grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2008
Quote From Ibime

Did you know Avram Grant never played pro-football. He has been a coach from the age of 18.

He was a youth-coach at 18. remember JM was born into coaching. What is the big deal about this even Nairaland's Vieria is a youth Coach in England.

Did you know we have 52 scouts, including 8 in South America scouring the world for top talent - that is why we have been linked with some obscure names recently - because we are on a mission to unearth hidden talent. All the boys mentioned look good on youtube and are recommended by people I talk to. For me, this is a welcome change from the Mourinho years of always going for the obvious top stars and paying a King's ransom to get them. Frank Arnesen is now coming into his own. When Mourinho was around, he only scouted youth players because he knew Mourinho would never accept any of his recommendations for the first-team squad. Things are starting to change at Chelsea - and I like the direction we are moving in. No longer will we be anybody's come-chop.

Was it not the same Frank arnesen that force Belahrouz on JM? cry cry

Why cant you just quote everything as reported by Saturday times, page 102 with title "Quite man playing generation game in search of adventure"

52 scouts for Chelsea, Do you know how many scouts work for Wenger, west ham and Lyon?

Could Roman forgo trophies to build a team?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 6:43pm On Mar 30, 2008
@ AKolaBaba

Your comments about AG is always below the belt grin grin Why don't you just like this guy. If the guy wins, you criticise, if he looses , ahhhh Heavens go fall that day.

What can this man do to satisfy you and make you happy grin grin. At the slightest thing, you recount life under JM, no probs about that, don't get me wrong

But at the same time, you forgot JM scrapped a lot of 1-0 victories in his first season, infact those scrappy victories won him his first EPL gong.

You are also forgetting that Chelsea are Boro's concubine, most times they nick points of Y'all. You know that. They beat Y'all at the Riverside last season, just like Pompey have been nicking points of united in the last 2 to 3 seasons. SO even if a Million JM were the gaffer today, chelsea may not have done much  tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by folahann(m): 6:45pm On Mar 30, 2008
Some teams promote youth tems players to the first team that team is not chelsea. Chelsea  buy "big" players and demote them to the reserve team; what a shame. I will advice any youth team player at chelsea who thinks he has a future there to think otherwise and look ahead.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:54pm On Mar 30, 2008
folahann:

Some teams promote youth tems players to the first team that team is not chelsea. Chelsea  buy "big" players and demote them to the reserve team; what a shame. I will advice any youth team player at chelsea who thinks he has a future there to think otherwise and look ahead.

How many teams does that?

@Rikky

We were terrible today.

While JM was grinding results, you will never see him mentioning our style of play. The only thing in his mind is winning! winning!! winning!!!.

Mr Grant came with so much "quite noise" but always making noise about our style of play.

To be honest, what has changed in the way chelsea play?

Our friend ibime always come to slap JM and JM people full here grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2008
Akolawole:

@All

I wonder whyi watch the match sef cry cry cry

One of the most dismal performance of Chelsea for ages.

Borough were very very unlucky

Was it NOT the same Chelsea defence that was difficult to break for many years?

Indeed beautiful footie of Avram's team shocked

this match really sums up the extent of the problems we have been living with at the club this season.

ok we are happy to collect the points & retain our home record.

but on this type of performance we are not going to win anything this season.
our rivals are playing and scoring with a lot more confidence and ease.

we scored an early goal thanks to r carvahlo ,but failed to build on this .

we had chances but failed to take them,something which has been happening for over two seasons,clearly a problem mr grant has not been able to cure of us totally.

our defense recently has looked shaky and our defending from set pieces is open to abuse,something which concerns me with the new management.

to be fair to middlesbrough they sensed our vulnerability as the game progressed and pressurized us unlucky not score on several occasions,alves in particular playing well, also schwartzer in goal played his part.

overall cfc today quickly lost the momentum ,confidence and organization that is required of a team facing quality opposition
in the remaining fight for the title.

today we didnt play the best side in the league and we did have cech,lampard & makelele out,but this performance was poor.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by folahann(m): 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2008
Akolawole:

How many teams does that?

Some teams might not be promoting youth team players to the first team but they don't buy first team players and demote them.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2008
Just tell us how many teams support your theory, no long thing tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2008
folahann:

Some teams might not be promoting youth team players to the first team but they don't buy first team players and demote them.

They will be awarded the Trophy of promoting youngsters grin grin grin grin Talking about trying to hate sha. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ariblaze(m): 11:09pm On Mar 30, 2008
i am a staunch fan

but i also like to consider myself an objective football observer

with respects to AG , he is the worst thing that ever happened to chelsea

that guy lacks ideas(constructive or Destructive)

he hesitates to make changes and when he does :::::it leaves one with a bitter after taste

JM:::::had his faults but positive play had always being one of his strong points
i remember back then i always had this feeling that we would always win and whenever we lose it feels unreal

the man's only crime

his panache, the fact that he dared to be different and his style of game wasnt entertaining

if we want chelsea to stop that pattern general team overhaul has to take place
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 3:44pm On Mar 31, 2008
John Mikel Obi has dramatically stated that he has nothing personal against the new line of selections by the Stamford Bridge crew, following the decision of Avram Grant to play him in fits and spits of recent.

The Catalyst has suddenly lost his super-regular status with The Blues and, while admitting that the situation is a frustration, Mikel says he understands that the club's top stars are now laying stronger claims to shirts.

"Since I have been at Chelsea I have played games, but lately not so much. I think I am back to my best, but if the manager wants me to wait, because we have many big players and they all want to play, then I just have to wait,” Mikel declared.

He noted further that it’s bound to be a stiff challenge for shirts at a star-studded club like his "You can't blame them, because they are in the peak of their career and want to play every game.

“I am waiting, and I am young as well. I love playing football and want to be on the pitch all the time,” the former Lyn Oslo star consoled himself.

http://www.brila-fm.net/index.php?r=news&v1=2008-03-31_mikel-bows-to-chelsea-stars
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2008
Chelsea have taken Dutch starlet Shayton Curiel on trial at Stamford Bridge.

The 16-year-old forward currently plays for Dutch amateur club Spartaan 20 and has been earning favourable reviews since breaking into their first team.

RTV Rijnmond are reporting that Curiel will arrive in West London at the beginning of April, with Chelsea's coaching staff to observe his progress in a number of training sessions. . . . . .
(Article continues)

[url]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3369275,00.html[/url]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
Meanwhile. .

Grant targets exciting signings

“There are players who make smoke and players who make fire. I want players who make fire,” Grant told The Times.

“If it is not possible to bring in a Messi or a Kaká, we will try and find the next one.

“We want to bring more flair. Roman is ready to back us. . . . . . ”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/03/29/Premier-League-Grant-targets-exciting-signings/

Brace up. . . this guy's going to be here next season. Let's start getting used to it and not be disappointed if it turns out so.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2008
Does anyone know if we own Peruian starlet Jefferson Farfan? He was recommended in 2004 by the same agent that recommended Cech and Robben. I remember we bided for him and the plan was to loan him to PSV as he could not play in the premiership then for reasons of work permit. Did we actually sign him?

Co-incidentally he plays for PSV now. . . Farfan anyone?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2008
Akolawole:

Our friend ibime always come to slap JM and JM people full here grin

Unlike you, I believe Management is a lot more than just winning trophies - managers have to take care of the financial side of things as well - Jose sacrificed long term gains for short term ones - and it came at a very high price. He is the type of manager who doesn't want to know how much the club is spending on players wages, transfer fess etc - he just doesn't care.

He even held Abramovic to ransom over a new blockbuster contract just one year after he arrived - not to talk of encouraging his players to milk Abramovic for all he's worth.

People talk about if Jose was here, we would do this and that. Well let me tell you - if Jose was here, MAN UTD WILL STILL WIN THE LEAGUE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!

Why? Because SAF buys true talent, Jose buys workhorses - hence my assessment that Jose sacrificed the long term future of the club for short term gains.

Just put it this way - If Jose was in charge of Leeds, they would have still gone into administration. If you give him the money, he will spend it - and he will spend it stupidly without even asking questions.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2008
nateevs:

Does anyone know if we own Peruian starlet Jefferson Farfan? He was recommended in 2004 by the same agent that recommended Cech and Robben. I remember we bided for him and the plan was to loan him to PSV as he could not play in the premiership then for reasons of work permit. Did we actually sign him?

Co-incidentally he plays for PSV now. . . Farfan anyone?

Yes, we own Farfan, Alcides and Rajkovic and Miguel Costa abi Manuel Costa who all play for PSV.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2008
Ibime:

Unlike you, I believe Management is a lot more than just winning trophies - managers have to take care of the financial side of things as well -

(1) Jose sacrificed long term gains for short term ones - and it came at a very high price. He is the type of manager who doesn't want to know how much the club is spending on players wages, transfer fess etc - he just doesn't care.

(2) He even held Abramovic to ransom over a new blockbuster contract just one year after he arrived - not to talk of encouraging his players to milk Abramovic for all he's worth.

3) People talk about if Jose was here, we would do this and that. Well let me tell you - if Jose was here, MAN UTD WILL STILL WIN THE LEAGUE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!

4) Why? Because SAF buys true talent, Jose buys workhorses - hence my assessment that Jose sacrificed the long term future of the club for short term gains.

What a "correct and true" comments from Mr Chelsea grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2008
^^^I have told you before, I'm not into all this football tribalism - I speak the truth when I see it - Man Utd are the best team in the world. Just like Barcelona were 2 years ago. Even Mourinho, in all his wisdom could not conquer that Barca team - even when he did, we were extremely lucky, to be honest. Abi, I lie?

This is your problem, you are too blind to see that Man Utd had overtaken Chelsea. For your info, I saw it a long time ago, even as far back as early 2006 - and it heightened my sense of dissatisfaction with Mourinho. You have to be able to recognise when the level of football has changed. Mourinho was still buying his workhorses and insisting on paying 25m a piece for Villa and Dani Alves - whilst Fergie was purchasing top talent. Let me tell you something, there is only so long you can motivate a workhorse before he starts feeling like a World Star - ask anybody now and they will tell you that half our team are overrated - and they are correct! If a workhorse does not stay motivated, he can't win anything - because his success is based on desire, not skill. You cannot motivate yourself infinitely. However, if a truly skillful player such as Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson etc is not motivated, he can still maintain a winning habit playing at his average level.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2008
Ibime:

Yes, we own Farfan, Alcides and Rajkovic and Miguel Costa abi Manuel Costa who all play for PSV.

I didn't know the deal with Farfan was done then. I know about Rajkovic and Alcides. That's great news. Do you see him starting with Chelsea in the summer. This guy makes SWP look like Golf player.   And why in this bloody world do we have the type of player elsewhere and we use rubbish guys?. . did you see the chance SWP missed against borough?

We have this habit of thinking that this player and that player are not ready for the premiership while the ones we think are end up as rubbish. I think we need to give players that are not ready a chance. I still do not see the reason Sinclair is on a sceond consecutive loan . . when we have Malouda and Kalou that don't really look better than him?

I've seen Disanto play in the reserves, he might not be your average argentine that does all these tricks like Messi but the guy has scored 5 goals in 7matches since he joined the reserves while Pizzarro and Sheva playing with this same reserve team cannot even mange a goal. It's crazy. We need to change our player choice policy.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2008
nateevs:

I didn't know the deal with Farfan was done then. I know about Rajkovic and Alcides. That's great news. Do you see him starting with Chelsea in the summer. This guy makes SWP look like Golf player.

Farfan isn't legally ours - but it is a gentlemans agreement - just like Alex was never legally ours. They said he was on loan - but the fact is, we paid one pound for him as a transfer fee - so he was never legally ours - Roman fronted PSV the money to buy him - as he did with Farfan. To be honest, I don't rate Farfan that highly - better than Wright-Phillips, maybe - but Chelsea standard? Certainly not!

The fact is, we have to look at who we are competing with - If Man Utd are parading Ronaldo, Nani and the like, what hope do we have if we are parading Farfan?

If I was to pick a best eleven from Man Utd and Chelsea squad right now, the team would look like this:

Anelka

Nani                                                                                                           Ronaldo

Lampard
                                              Anderson
                                                                       Makalele

Evra                                        x                             x                                   Essien

Cech

Note: If you look at the team, ANY Chelsea player can easily be replaced by a United counterpart, but NO Man Utd player can be replaced by a Chelsea counterpart.

Note: Essien is only there by default as Neville is injured, Ivanovic is untested and all the others are shit. Anelka is there instead of Drogba because Ronaldo and Nani don't play that long-ball percentage shit. You can pick any two defenders from the four, it doesn't make a difference. Maka will be finished soon and can be easily replaced by Hargreaves. So how can any Chelsea fan look at that team and keep decieving himself that Chelsea is better than Man Utd. I would be interested to see what selection Chelsea fans would pick, especially Mr Akolawole.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2008
Nateevs, I agree - I don't see the difference between Malouda and Sinclair at this point. I have told you before, Chelsea is a Mafia team full of overinflated egos. Any of them can be easily replaced except Maka, Cech and Carvalho.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cassiel(f): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2008
@Ibime

Terry can't be easily replaced. wink He's their playmaker.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2008
^^^Trust me, for the amount of money he earns, we can pay TWO central defenders who are just as good.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2008
Ibime:

1) ^^^I have told you before, I'm not into all this football tribalism - I speak the truth when I see it - Man Utd are the best team in the world. Just like Barcelona were 2 years ago. Even Mourinho, in all his wisdom could not conquer that Barca team - even when he did, we were extremely lucky, to be honest. Abi, I lie?

2) This is your problem, you are too blind to see that Man Utd had overtaken Chelsea.

3) For your info, I saw it a long time ago, even as far back as early 2006 - and it heightened my sense of dissatisfaction with Mourinho. You have to be able to recognise when the level of football has changed.

4) Mourinho was still buying his workhorses and insisting on paying 25m a piece for Villa and Dani Alves - whilst Fergie was purchasing top talent. Let me tell you something, there is only so long you can motivate a workhorse before he starts feeling like a World Star - ask anybody now and they will tell you that half our team are overrated - and they are correct! If a workhorse does not stay motivated, he can't win anything - because his success is based on desire, not skill.

I was flattering you in the other end and you fall for it.

1) What yardstick did you use to call United the best team?  If you say most effective team, yes i will agree but "BEST", i need clarification.

Are we lucky to beat Barca 4-2?

2) blind? sorry sir.

3) ok sir, The man that see tommorow grin

4) Who are the workhorse?
 Keep on saying anything you want on JM. Jm was the one that send signal to the transfer market that "why are Chelsea's price different from others?" As much as he want Micah richards and Daniel Alves buthe stopped being interestested when the teams are being too greedy? If not for Chelsea's price, do youthink wenger will buy Anelka for that price?

Stop commenting on Chelsea yester-years as if we just joined Chelsea yesterday
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cassiel(f): 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2008
Grant waits on star duo for Fenerbahce tie

Chelsea manager Avram Grant is prepared to wait until the last possible moment before deciding whether key duo Frank Lampard and Petr Cech will fly to Istanbul to prepare for Wednesday's Champions League showdown with Fenerbahce.

Lampard missed Sunday's 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough because of sickness, although he was able to watch the match at Stamford Bridge from the stands.

Goalkeeper Cech has been sidelined by an ankle injury picked up on Champions League duty in the previous round and his deputy Carlo Cudicini almost gifted Middlesbrough a goal with a mad rush from his line yesterday.

Grant said: 'Lampard was very sick and he didn't even come to (the training ground at) Cobham. If he can be available, we will take him on the plane and we will see about Petr Cech at the same time.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=521479&cc=3888

Methinks Cudicini's gonna be the weakest link come wednesday wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:03am On Apr 01, 2008
is Ibime a closet Manure fan

how can MANURE be the best team in the world undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:52am On Apr 01, 2008
Akolawole:

1) What yardstick did you use to call United the best team?

(2.) Are we lucky to beat Barca 4-2?

3) Who are the workhorse?

(4.)Keep on saying anything you want on JM. Jm was the one that send signal to the transfer market that "why are Chelsea's price different from others?" As much as he want Micah richards and Daniel Alves but he stopped being interestested when the teams are being too greedy? If not for Chelsea's price, do youthink wenger will buy Anelka for that price?

(1.) My eyes - and anybody elses eyes who is not blind.

(2.) Yes, we were lucky to beat Barca - go and check the stats for that game. I have never been so scared in my life as during that match - and also the one when we lost to them in the second round. You forget to mention that we were chasing the game and if not for Terry's late goal, we would have lost. Even though we beat them, they were widely recognised as the best team in the World during that period. Chelsea were NEVER regarded as the best team in anybodys eyes.

(3.) Who are NOT the workhorses?

(4.) For your info, Roman pulled the plugs on those deals, not Mourinho. Mourinho nearly had a heart attack when Roman pulled the plug on those deals. Get your facts right and take off your Mourinho-tinted glasses.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:01am On Apr 01, 2008
Mc Omo:

is Ibime a closet Manure fan

how can MANURE be the best team in the world undecided

Tribalistic ranting. Open any newspaper and it is widely acknowledged.

No, I am not a Man Utd fan. They were the team I hated most in the 90's and early 2000's, now the team I hate most is Liverpool.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 7:48am On Apr 01, 2008
^^^I have told you before, I'm not into all this football tribalism - I speak the truth when I see it - Man Utd are the best team in the world. Just like Barcelona were 2 years ago. Even Mourinho, in all his wisdom could not conquer that Barca team - even when he did, we were extremely lucky, to be honest. Abi, I lie?

Barca was the best club 2 years ago, They won the UCL Man Utd has not won any trophy yet you call them the best team in the world. WHat reasoning!!! Is it based on the colour of their jersey?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:33am On Apr 01, 2008
Apparently Lampard trained yesterday . . courtesy ChelseaTV . . Petr might still be injured. .

@Ibime. .

Why can't Farfan play at Chelsea? He is better than Kalou and SWP put together . . He is decent on goal strong, quick and can dribble very well. We do need a team full of superstars. It's not good for balance and some young players develop quickly when they play with superstars. I think he can do well with Chelsea. Come to think of it anyway, all the young players we are linked with these days are not ready for Chelsea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.