Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,585 members, 7,861,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290032 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2008
debosky:

Scolari has been just as dull if not duller than JM, the first game aside - so all this talk of 'attacking footie' is a dream in my opinion. Duller, yet less ruthless.

Disagree completely. Passing is much slicker. More chances created . . . but midfield is more porous. . . I tend to have more high BP under Scolari than Mourinho.

debosky:

beware of players like Robinho - any player who will openly violate his contract and do all these shenanigans to change club will not be good for team morale

Arsenal fans hating on our marquee signing. . . no surprise there. . ,  you should have been wary of Flamini when he broke his contract with Marseille to join you.  grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2008
I hope and pray we don't get Berbatov. . . . . . .
He is not the solution to United's problems but i'd rather have him than nobody.
All we need is Eduardo(lazy player but would bury 9 out of 10 chances).
Can someone clone Rasheed Yekini??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2008
Berbatov will add another dimension to United's game. I always thought that if Man Utd could make the ball stick more upfront, they will be unstoppable.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:30am On Sep 01, 2008
debosky:

Scolari has been just as dull if not duller than JM, the first game aside - so all this talk of 'attacking footie' is a dream in my opinion. Duller, yet less ruthless. I do think MU will be emboldened by this turn of events.

Very very true. At the moment, it seems Scolari will not leave up to his hype much less match JM's record.

However, the season has just begun. Players need to bond. Scolari is still trying to settle in and at the same time change the style of the team. The difficult part is trying to change the style and yet win at the same time. Let's see how it goes.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:59am On Sep 01, 2008
somze:

Very very true. At the moment, it seems Scolari will not leave up to his hype much less match JM's record.

However, the season has just begun. Players need to bond. Scolari is still trying to settle in and at the same time change the style of the team. The difficult part is trying to change the style and yet win at the same time. Let's see how it goes.

Absolutely. . . Also one thing that hasn't been repeated since the first game is that Mikel has not played . . With Ballack.
His ability to keep things simple and keep the passing game going is a gift we all need to love him for.
No disrespect to other players in midfield, but only Mikel and Ballack understand the Deco-type game play. He just too damn slick for Lampard and Essien. . .

I have said it time and time again that Essien will only thrive under a Muorinho-type game-plan (energy and forward drive). . . He keeps things loose in midfield when he plays because he is not a good passer of the ball. Can't wait to see Mikel Ballack and Deco again.

One thing I disagreed with though was that LFS was hyped. Don't think he was ever hyped. . . . He came in being a manager of his own. . He however has a big job on his hands now . . and we just have to wait and see what he will do.

I believe in him to do great things.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2008
Quaresma joins inter milan, well well !!!

jackal,
will you ever surprise me; NO !
what else was i to expect from a tripple-tounged scummie ?
makes me wonder if you watched manure's game against Zenith Bank.
see how stupid fergie's team can be ! chac, you've been online for way too long; go to bed !!

the game yesterday wasn't bad. are we back to rousing issues regarding JM again
we just didn't utilize the loads of chances we created. happens to everyone !
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2008
One thing that concerns me about LFS. . . .

I watched his interview yesterday and he said he is not dissapointed with the draw with Tottenham cos Tottenham are a good team.

Last week, he said he was extremely happy with the 1-0 against Wigan because it is difficult to win away in EPL and one away win is almost like winning 10 points.

Doesn't he understand that you damn near have to win every game to win Premiership? This is not Brazilian Serie A you know!

Nateevs,

I agree that Essien passing game is not compatible with Deco's. Mikel and Ballack are vital for that passing game

LFS will inevitably be compared to JM whether you like it or not. JM also drew his first game for Inter so LFS start at Chelsea is not so bad. Still top of the league.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by KnowAll(m): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
Too many cooks spoil the brut - I have come to beleive thats chelsea's problem, how else would you all explain Shawn Wright Phillips debut with Man city. I have always beleive chelsea's major trouble would be knowing who the 1st 11 players are, I think JM knew who is 1st 11 is but others may struggle.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
OMG! Tottenham have accepted Manchester City £30m bid for Berbatov. Manchester City mean business. I don't think Man Utd will match their bid.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2008
Paulo Ferreira is talking with West Ham.

Drogba plays reserve game tonight.

Robinho deal is said to be 'dead in the water'.

Man City's new owner is said to be 10 times richer than Abramovic and will stop at nothing to get Man City to no 1.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ibime:

Man City's new owner is said to be 10 times richer than Abramovic and will stop at nothing to get Man City to no 1.
I knew SWP will be better off there once again
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by presido1: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2008
Drogba playing with chavs reserve team against Arse reserve.
Live now on Arse Tv.
One assist from him so far.

One all first half.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2008
Man City don enter Robinho deal according to goal.com

Thre is fire on the Mountain. Two Bilionaires want to show who is the real man.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lalaboi(m): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
according to shysoprts new! transfer dealine special

a spanish radio station says man city av made a bid of 40million eauros for robinho an dthey av agrred a deal for robinho!

i hope this is not true!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lalaboi(m): 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2008
this is heart break oh!

ramon calderon just said they have sold robinho to man city! for footballing and human reasons!!! wtf

its a british record as well! 32.5million pounds
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2008
Real Madrid have agreed a fee to sell Robinho to Man City.
The DEAL is done.
SKYSPORTS just reported the DEAL is done and Robinho is now a CITY PLAYER.
The paperwork has been porcessed and all the dotted lines have been signed. cool cool

Chelsea fans, Eat ur HEARTS out.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tng(f): 11:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
@lalaboi
Mehn!!! Just saw it on goal.com and didn't want to believe it. Kai this Calderon guy is messed. Anyway, nothing spoil. Would definitely not subscribe to us paying that for robinho.

@Hannibal
Take your time oh. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lalaboi(m): 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2008
Bleep robinho man!!!!!

what a disgrace! after the mouth in the press conference!
going to play eufa cup! e no even get ambition!!

Bleep that mancity buyer aswell!
flipping dickheads!!! to hell with all of them!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
Real Madrid have agreed to transfer Robson da Souza Robinho to Manchester City. Based on prior events, such as statements made by the player, a decision taken by the coach, and a new offer on behalf of Manchester City, the club decided to transfer Robinho to the English side.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1202741576302/noticia/ComunicadoOficial/OFFICIAL_ANNOUNCEMENT_2008-09-02.htm

OFFICIAL!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2008
tng:

@Hannibal
Take your time oh. grin

Don't be MAD at me, babes.

How many times have y'all hijacked United's players in the past?
Ballack-Robben-Essien-Mikel and Anelka.
I can go on and on. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:41am On Sep 02, 2008
Just came back home to hear the news. . . . shocked shocked shocked

Robinho is an inconsistent overrated bantamweight anyway. £20 - £25m is his limit. Phock him. Sensible decision by Chelsea not to enter a bidding war with City.

Interesting that Liverpool and Manure fans are happy for Man City. When Chelsea was bought by Abramovic, they accused us of only competing because of money. We were always a 4th placed or thereabout team with decent European pedigree before Abramovic. You would think they would level the same accusation at City since City are traditionally a bottom-half team, but no, all we hear is words of praise for City. This goes to show the traditional bias the press have had against Chelsea even before Abramovic when they accused us of spoiling the English game by having so many foreigners. It is well known that the English press always hated Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by doyin13(m): 12:52am On Sep 02, 2008
It is a leftist class bias Ibime. . . . . . .

It don't get much more high brow than Chelsea does it tongue tongue grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by niyooo(m): 7:48am On Sep 02, 2008
Na wah o!!!! I wonder when and where this Chelsea Bad belle go end!!!!  angry undecided GOd dey sha, at least we have Drogba almost back. And that's goodbye to cry baby Robinho. All these bad belle managers sef. For human and sporting reasons indeed.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ndumart: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2008
At time swe think we've got what we need but some people think otherwise. all d best to Robinho in d blue half of Manchester
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2008
Scolari, Kenyon and hence Chelsea failed woefully in the markets.

The additions we've had are inadequate. No new striker, no new winger and yet we lost SWP and Robinho to Man City while ManU gets Berbatov.

Scolari will fail woefully this season. I reckon even Grant's performance will remain better.

ManU will most certainly win the league once more.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ndumart: 8:56am On Sep 02, 2008
somze:

ManU will most certainly win the league once more.

You can say that again
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by papadims: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2008
signing berbatov is not a guarantee for success, losing Robinho is not tantamount to failure, neither is not buying a player is equal to failure. what leads to success is what you do with what you have.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by MrCrackles(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2008
papa_dims:

signing berbatov is not a guarantee for success, losing Robinho is not tantamount to failure, neither is not buying a player is equal to failure. what leads to success is what you do with what you have.

super!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2008
papa_dims:

Please watch football.

1. Berbatov is a striker. Manchester United needed a good striker, now they have him - Great buy
2. Robinho is a winger, Chelsea needed a winger - we lost Robinho and SWP to the same club
3. Failure is in the concept of the markets, then the league. If you do not buy a player that you need, boy you have failed. Wake up.
4. What can Sunderland do with what they have? Why do club buy new players then?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2008
somze,

stop crying will ya ! chelsea failed cos we didn't succeed in buying robinho na waa o !
winger = we got fabio ( the boy is class, i saw some highlights on yesterday's reserve game with the arse)
plus, there's sinclair and some others with the reserves.
striker = di santo smiley

berbatov to manutd is yet to be seen as great.
i'd have been more worried if manutd got santa cruz/huntelaar and the likes - poachers.
berba's not so different from rooney and tevez; on the contrary, he's not as hard working as the other 2 !
another SS - great buy grin

if chelsea had bought robinho for 32.5mil, all the plonkers on planet earth would've been let loose on this thread, making all sorts of comments and comparisons !
not signing him is not funny but we, sure as hell, will move ahead without him !
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ayusco: 11:52am On Sep 02, 2008
heeya!!! pele chelski about robinho chei! after wastin money on replica shirts hehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
See a video i bumped into on youtube.

amazing !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiUA_JriWMs&feature=related

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.