Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,386 members, 7,864,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290330 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tng(f): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2008
Common somze, dont be so pessimistic. true, we didnt get what we wanted but I think our present squad is good enough. we could use the sinclairs, faims and co when we need to. Its not all doom and gloom.

if chelsea had bought robinho for 32.5mil, all the plonkers on planet earth would've been let loose on this thread, making all sorts of comments and comparisons !
not signing him is not funny but we, sure as hell, will move ahead without him

Exactly
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Biliamin(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2008
Can someone help me talk to OUR OWN COACH- Scolari to stop using Anelka Nicholas. The man is just too less to have been in Chelsea. In fact, I still prefer Wright Philip. Though, he showed his stuffs during pre-season matches, it's as if he had exhausted all his scoring talents during pre- season matches.

I stand to be constructively corrected if wrong.

UP CHELSEA

BLUES 4 LIFE
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by superstan(m): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
tng:

Common somze, don't be so pessimistic. true, we didnt get what we wanted but I think our present squad is good enough. we could use the sinclairs, faims and co when we need to. Its not all doom and gloom.

peter kenyon should be sacked.

sinclair, faim and others are untested.

chelsea's biggest problem is lack of creativity.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by KnowAll(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2008
SWP will come back and hunt us - when we play Man City[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
wormedup:

See a video i bumped into on youtube.

amazing !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiUA_JriWMs&feature=related

Is that the Aghani-Norwegian 14 year old boy that Chelsea is supposed to have signed last year?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2008
Ibime:

Is that the Aghani-Norwegian 14 year old boy that Chelsea is supposed to have signed last year?

i have no idea who the kid is .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lalaboi(m): 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2008
hearing dat news al over and over again! MAKES ME SICK MAHN!!

bt we are short of wingers! just joe cole. malouda is just not malouda anymore! kalous is counted as a striker!

maybe he'll strenghten further in january! this squad aint strong enough!! as it used to be!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
wormedup:

i have no idea who the kid is .

Oh yeah, now I remember they said the guy was the new Didier Drogba. . . . obviously Drogba aint got skills like that. grin grin

Shebi you heard of Rhain Davis, the 9 year old Australian boy Manure signed 2 years back. . . he is better than that guy you posted. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG47FDenyXw
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2008
Ibime:

Oh yeah, now I remember they said the guy was the new Didier Drogba. . . . obviously Drogba aint got skills like that. grin grin

Shebi you heard of Rhain Davis, the 9 year old Australian boy Manure signed 2 years back. . . he is better than that guy you posted. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG47FDenyXw

yeah i heard of Davis; boy's got talent !

there was this other kid that popped up in brazil a couple of years ago too. can't remember his name though.
great prospects too !

why are we talking about kids all of a sudden tongue

lala,
i think we have a squad that can compete in all fronts.
i'd personally love to see, at least, sinclair, fabio & di santo give the oldies a run for their money !
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
Those names you called are inadequate and unsuitable at the moment.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
alright Somze, let's see what eventually turns out !
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by thecrew: 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
blues for ever !!!! scolari for blues
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 9:01am On Sep 03, 2008
lalaboi:

hearing that news al over and over again! MAKES ME SICK MAHN!!

bt we are short of wingers! just joe cole. malouda is just not malouda anymore! kalous is counted as a striker!

maybe he'll strenghten further in january! this squad aint strong enough!! as it used to be!

true sad sad embarassed embarassed
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bami1(m): 10:38am On Sep 03, 2008
una never migrate go City? dats where the money is now ooo grin

some of ur money inspired players are already lookin to move by Jan. lol
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=848537

[center]Robinho Not Worth €40m - Kenyon[/center]

Chelsea’s chief executive Peter Kenyon has reportedly revealed that they were never going to land Robinho because the club does not believe he is worth the amount of money the Spanish giants were asking for.

Chelsea’s intense negotiations with Real Madrid for Robinho in the last few weeks of the transfer market failed to bear any fruit when Manchester City made a last minute swoop and captured the Brazilian for an upfront fee of €40 million.

Now, according to Spanish sports journal Marca, it has been revealed that Robinho was never going to head to Stamford Bridge, based on those merry-go-round talks between the two clubs.

When analysing the events that transpired on the final day of the transfer market, Peter Kenyon, the man Chelsea entrusted to orchestrate the move, reportedly admitted that “Robinho is not worth €40 million” and that “we were never going to arrive at that number”.

Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón had at one stage insisted Robinho is free to leave the Santiago Bernabéu, provided any potential buyers can meet his asking price of €40 million.

Chelsea only allegedly went as high as €37 million, an offer which was blatantly shot down by the Madrid hierarchy. Manchester City, backed by their new Abu Dhabi-based investors/owners, eventually swooped in out of nowhere for the 24 year old by offering €40 million upfront plus another €2 million based on the player’s performances.

KS Leong
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by kaypumpin2(m): 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2008
Robinho Not Worth €40m - Kenyon, losers song
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by k1banty(m): 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
i wish robinho well at ManCity

Something tells me deep down that Scolari go Bleep up this season.

Two EPL managers done resign, who go be the next?

Anelka is so terrible upfront, i hope Drogba get his form back or else there will be wahala.

No matter what happens at Chelsea and as long as they are not relegated i'm a die-hard Chelsea fan

Up blues!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 11:51pm On Sep 05, 2008
[b]The director of football has become the bete noir of English managers.

Alan Curbishley and Kevin Keegan both cited interference in transfer policy as the key reason for their resignations earlier this week.

Curbishley was infuriated that West Ham technical director Gianluca Nani had authorised the sale of George McCartney without his knowledge, while Keegan could not accept that executive director Dennis Wise had signed two players he had never even heard of on transfer deadline day.

Harry Redknapp voiced the thoughts of many English bosses when he said: "Players are bought and sold without the manager's
consent - and even knowledge in some cases. How can you do the job like that?"

Five Live football correspondent Mike Ingham has even suggested that the trend of appointing directors of football could lead to the demise of the English manager.

But can the partnership between a director of football and a manager work?

David Pleat, who was Spurs director of football from 1998 to 2004, says it can.

"It's absolute rubbish to say it can't," he told BBC Sport. "But both men need to buy into the idea from the start and respect each other."

These sentiments are backed by Stoke director of football John Rudge who, in tandem with manager Tony Pulis, helped the club secure promotion to the Premier League last season.

He told the BBC: "I'm working with someone I get on really well with in Tony and I hope I can just help by taking the strain off him, because I know exactly what it's like to be a manager."

Rudge says it's too much to ask one man to oversee coaching, transfers, the academy, dealing with the board and matchday matters.

"Being a manager is a hard role and can be often too much for one person," he said.

"I'm here to lighten the load so Tony can focus on winning matches."

West Ham vice chairman Asgeir Fridgeirsson also believes the old-fashioned model of one man being in control of all football matters leads to expense and instability.

When a new manager comes in, he inevitably wants to bring in new players and ship out many of the old ones.

"About a year ago, we began to feel we were vulnerable in having a structure with one manager who runs all football matters," Fridgeirsson said.

"If the manager leaves, where does it leave you? We decided to build an infrastructure and philosophy for the club, which would provide continuity."

West Ham and Newcastle have both decided on a policy of mainly signing young players who can be developed.

The clubs believed that Nani and Wise were better suited to doing this than the respective former managers.

A source "close to Newcastle's board" is reported to have ridiculed Keegan's lack of knowledge of emerging players, saying he had presented a wish list of signings valued at more than £200m, including Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Frank Lampard.

Instead, Wise was charged with looking to South America and Spain for previously undiscovered talent.

Nani had an impressive track record of unearthing talented players when he worked at Brescia.

Folklore has it that he discovered Kaká in Brazil, only for the Italian club to be unable to afford him.

What is undoubtedly true is that he helped to develop future Italy internationals Andrea Pirlo and Luca Toni and enabled the club to make huge profits on players such as Slovakian Marek Hamsik.

Yet, despite all these arguments in favour of the director of football role, it is the manager who has to stand on the touchline on matchday and suffer abuse if his new signings fail to perform.

And it seems clear, as Pleat and Rudge suggest, that the director of football and manager must get along.

Ideally, the director of football will have recruited the manager in the first place.

This was not the case with either Keegan or Curbishley, but perhaps the structure will work when their successors are appointed.

What do you think?

Can the structure work? Is it unsuited to English football or do English managers need to change their ways?[/b]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:40am On Sep 06, 2008
dyabman:

Is it unsuited to English football or do English managers need to change their ways?[/b]

English managers certainly need to change their ways. . . . why does Kevin Keegan who has not watched any football for the last three years want to dictate transfer policy?. . . . when Newcastle asked him to submit his list of transfer targets, he listed Bastian Schweinsteiger. . . . is he crazy?. . . he was even talking about Thierry Henry last season. . . the fact is, he knows nothing about the transfer market and always wants to spend big money on a small group of players. . . .even asking Newcastle to give Michael Owen £120,000 a week. . . then he has the cheek to complain when Tony Jimenez and Dennis Wise bought good players like Jonas Gutierrez, Xisco and Colocinni for very moderate prices. . . . he deserved the sack abeg.

Same with Alan Curbishley. He proved he wasn't capable of handling transfer matters . . . from mishandling quality players like Mascherano and Tevez and putting them on the bench to buying rubbish or injured players like Kieron Dyer, Nigel Quashie, Craig Bellamy, Boa Morte, Lucas Neil, Matthew Upson, you name it. . . . he completely wasted the clubs money. . . . . £6m for George McCartney is a very good price and he was stupid not to accept it so the club accepted it for him and bought Heita Illunga instead who is just as good as George McCartney.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 12:50am On Sep 06, 2008
Ibime:

Same with Alan Curbishley. He proved he wasn't capable of handling transfer matters . . . from mishandling quality players like Mascherano and Tevez and putting them on the bench to buying rubbish or injured players like Kieron Dyer, Nigel Quashie, Craig Bellamy, Boa Morte, Lucas Neil, Matthew Upson, you name it. . . . he completely wasted the clubs money. . . . . £6m for George McCartney is a very good price and he was stupid not to accept it so the club accepted it for him and bought Heita Illunga instead who is just as good as George McCartney.

Syntax Error. . . . .

It was the same Curbishley that steered the HAMMERS out of relegation waters in 06/07 season.
He led West Ham to win 7 of their last 9 games beating Man Utd, Arsenal and many other top teams to stay in the Premiership.
Tevez n Mascherano were unfit when they joined West Ham(no pre-season and Tevez had weight problems).
Curbishley joined West Ham in Dec 2006, Mascherano joined Liverpool a month later so how did he mishandle him??
U have a way of making asinine comments sometimes. tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 12:51am On Sep 06, 2008

@ Ibime

How dare you mention all these names, without mentiong Freddie Ljunberg, the dud?  grin grin grin grin

Ljunberg had West Ham for lunch by banking more than 75 grand a week. thanks for Curbishley who got the dud

Hold on or was it Alan Pardew? Nah, it was Curbishley grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:04am On Sep 06, 2008
Hannibal:

Tevez n Mascherano were unfit when they joined West Ham(no pre-season and Tevez had weight problems).
Curbishley joined West Ham in Dec 2006, Mascherano joined Liverpool a month later so how did he mishandle him??

Tevez on one leg is better than anything they have at West Ham.  grin grin grin

I also disagree that they were unfit. I saw Tevez in Argentina-Brazil game and he looked sharp as he always does. An unfit Tevez is fitter than the average footballer anyway.

Curbs put Mascherano on the bench for a whole month. Mascherano went to Liverpool and GBAM! He was flying from day one. Complete mishandling.

rikkyjen:

How dare you mention all these names, without mentiong Freddie Ljunberg, the dud? grin grin grin grin

Ljunberg had West Ham for lunch by banking more than 75 grand a week. thanks for Curbishley who got the dud

Hold on or was it Alan Pardew? Nah, it was Curbishley grin grin grin grin

Oh yeah, I forgot Freddie Ljungberg. What a joke!  grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 1:08am On Sep 06, 2008
@Ibime,
what up , hows ur squad doing. without even goign to check i know im still toppin the managers chart.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 1:09am On Sep 06, 2008
Money, money, money and guess what? More money.

Gone are those days when people could go to matches with their kids as a cheap day out on the weekend, gone are the days when you could sit where you like in the grounds and gone are those days when football had soul, now greed is rife in our day and age.

I hope I'm not the only one who has become disillusioned with the modern game and how we as fans and football lovers pay to watch these over-priced, over-hyped players swan around a pitch for 90mins and winge about their wage half the time.

How many of you would love to earn 50k per year let alone 50k per week?

Manchester City are the newest recruits to the over-the-top-spending-on-players and has seen them smash the British transfer record, but what will happen in the future?

I for one can see lower attendances, fewer merchendise being purchased and the eventual implosion of the English game once the clubs owners see that money cannot always bring success.

Yes I'm a Chelsea fan but I fear the Money Men WILL kill off our beloved sport and the FA can do FA about it.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:12am On Sep 06, 2008
dyabman:

@Ibime,
what up , hows your squad doing. without even goign to check i know im still toppin the managers chart.

lol. . . . I scored very well last week thanks to Defoe and a few others. . . . . I'm now 6th in my head to head league and 4th in Nairaland league although gaining fast on 3rd place. . . . plus Berbatov is now at Man Utd so my gamble paid off. . . . . they said they are going to charge me 36 points for making some transfers but I haven't seen it. . . . I changed at least 7 of my players.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 1:17am On Sep 06, 2008
they will still charge u sooner or later,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 1:18am On Sep 06, 2008
Ibime:

Tevez on one leg is better than anything they have at West Ham.  grin grin grin

I also disagree that they were unfit. I saw Tevez in Argentina-Brazil game and he looked sharp as he always does. An unfit Tevez is fitter than the average footballer anyway.

Curbs put Mascherano on the bench for a whole month. Mascherano went to Liverpool and GBAM! He was flying from day one. Complete mishandling.

Oh yeah, I forgot Freddie Ljungberg. What a joke!  grin grin

Tevez n Mascherano were unfit when they joined West Ham. . . . .
Their mishandling(if there was any) was under the nose of Alan Pardew, not Curbishley.
Between early July up(after the World Cup) till Tevez moved to West Ham in late August, he didn't train at all. No pre-season.
How do u expect him to fit in? I remember him complaining to SAF last season that he was tired because he has skipped 2 pre-seasons.
A club can only live within their expenses so i cannot blame Curbs, Kev or any other manager in em struggling clubs.
80% of their revenue are expended on the wages of their players. . . . . It's kind of UNHEALTHY.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 1:34am On Sep 06, 2008
@Ibime
Chelsea should sign Lukas Podolski(striker) & Bastian Scweinstiger(winger) in January.It has been reported that he is unhappy at Bayern Munich and maybe Bastian Scweinstiger as winger as both these players are quality and have pace.
I am really tired of Scolari always trying to sign Portugese or Brazilian players as he should think about best possible signings for club instead of being biased in chosing merely Portugese or Brazilian players as this is sheer stupidity and clear favouritism.
Also I as Chelsea fan think that we should give Malouda a chance as he can play as he was Best France player in 2006-2007 season.
What do you guys make up of Frank Lampard's performance so far this season.He has not played well in any of Chelsea games except penalty and one brilliant attempted chip over Gomes.I have not yet seen his previously impressive shooting efforts on goal which are his trademark.He needs to work on his shooting from long range as most of his efforts from long range have been really off target this season and they should be at least on target if his shots are not able to beat the goalkeaper of our(Chelsea's) opponents.

I love Frank Lampard and hate English fans when they boo him.He deserves respect as player and as a person.
what do you think?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2008
dyabman:

@Ibime
Chelsea should sign Lukas Podolski(striker) & Bastian Scweinstiger(winger) in January.It has been reported that he is unhappy at Bayern Munich and maybe Bastian Scweinstiger as winger as both

Podolski is not Chelsea standard. Maybe Schweinsteiger.

@ Hannibal

West Ham were not in the relegation zone when Curbishley took over. It was his prerogative to get them out cos he took them in there. Alll your fancy theories about Tevez and Mascherano not being fit are rubbish.

By the way, this is why Keegan was sacked:

Kevin Keegan stunned owner Mike Ashley by asking for £200m to bring in David Beckham, Thierry Henry and Frank Lampard to Newcastle before he quit. (Sun)

Absolutely no clue.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
Ibime:

@ Hannibal

West Ham were not in the relegation zone when Curbishley took over. It was his prerogative to get them out because he took them in there. Alll your fancy theories about Tevez and Mascherano not being fit are rubbish.

West Ham were in the relegation zone when Curbishley took over.
Alan Pardew managed West Ham in 17 league games. Lost 11 with just 4 victories.
Pardew admitted the club's only ambition for the season was to avoid relegation the day he got sacked.
So give credits to Curbishley(he spanked Man Utd TWICE and he is still the only manager to record a LEAGUE victory at the Emirates).
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2008
Why does everyone I see have this feeling that LFS will mess up ?
Even chelsea fans. . !
Common guys! Are y'all waiting in the corner just to say "I KNEW IT" . .
If Scolari fails, Chelsea fails . . get it boys . .
Slow down on your emotions. .
Jose Mourinho bought Ferreira, Carvalho, Tiago, Maniche, Hilario to name the ones I remember . . no one accused him of bringing in too many portuguese. .
LFS has signed only three players and we are already accusing him of favouritism . . I bloody do not care who he brings in and where they come from as long as he wins some title and restore our pride of winning . . LFS was the one who said he wanted to get Malouda's real role and bring out his Lyon performances of yester-years. .

LFS we can agree does not know the transfer market well as other managers that have been in the game of club management for some time . . so he has to work with those he his sure of already . . as time goes on and with our support he will find his space . . and as the very intelligent manager he is, success will come in . .

Wait a minute have we all forgotten so quiclky that a joker took us to three finals last season with this same squad even though he did no know jack-sh*t about football?
If the joker can, why do we think LFS will stop at anything less?

It's very easy to find faults in the players and manager. . but common! we'v played only 3 matches. . let's talk about performance in December . . for now let's support.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2008
nateevs:

Wait a minute have we all forgotten so quiclky that a joker took us to three finals last season with this same squad even though he did no know jack-sh*t about football?
If the joker can, why do we think LFS will stop at anything less?

The stakes are higher now, amigo!!!

Man Utd's attack alone cost about £90 million(excluding Manucho and Ronaldo).
The Abu Dhabi group have shown intent that they are ready to challenge the BIG 4 this time around by snatching Robinho from Chelsea.
It's very normal for Chelsea fans to panic cos Chelsea haven't really shown they are hungry to win any of the titles at stake.

Anelka is yet to prove he is an ace, Malouda, Kalou and Joe Cole are not inspiring. . . . Things look a bit hazy.
Apart from the game against Pompey(who were not interested), i am yet to see the acclaimed Samba Style football.
The next top is at Man City in what the British media have called THE CLASH OF THE CASH. . . . .The Battle Of The Billionaires.

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.