Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? (3698 Views)

Poll: Is sex A good way To a man's heart?

Yes: 45% (9 votes)
No: 55% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

What Is The Latest Way To A Man's Heart:good Food Or Good Sex Or Good Character? / "The Way To A Man's Heart Is Through His Stomach"-outdated Quote / Is The Quickest Way To A Man's heart is through his stomach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 02, 2008
topup:

Most people seem to hold the opinion that if you can master all these 'elements' - cooking, maintaining the house, sex, conversation,  a man will not want to cheat on you or will be satisfied.

I believe that this is not the case, just as much as I disagree with a point made by a poster saying that 'a man will always try to find better', can we say that every mistress is 'the perfect wife' NO. I believe most of them, are only able to master the element that the man is lacking in his existing relationship, so men who have wives who are great cooks, great conversation, good looking, leave them for a mistress who is grest in bed, or a wife who is great in bed, great cook, but leave them for a mistress who engages their minds.

Men want it all, and not just men, humans want it all, have our cakes and eat it.

Also, another point is the fact that a lot of people sometimes don't want to believe that they have found the 'best' out there for them, they would only be convinced if after a long tortorous search and many many relationships.

That is why a lot of relationships when we're young end, we still have the mentality that something better exists.

I have always thought that men by nature are always on a search to better themselves and to achieve the best, so sometimes they don't appreach the good or great, their eyes are always set on 'THE BEST' and generally, if you don't keep them on their toes forever, and the relationship starts to slip into pattern or familiarity, then it is very easy for them to believe that the grass is greener on the other side.

I believe as women, we can try and try to captivate a man's heart, but it all lies with ONE thing, a man will be captivated ONLY if he wishes to be, if he is willing to listen, work hard on a relationship, if he has realistic expectations and such. A man who has his criteria for the perfect wife, may never be captivate-able unfortunately.

ah dis is too long naaaa undecided
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
topup:

Most people seem to hold the opinion that if you can master all these 'elements' - cooking, maintaining the house, sex, conversation, a man will not want to cheat on you or will be satisfied.

I believe that this is not the case, just as much as I disagree with a point made by a poster saying that 'a man will always try to find better', can we say that every mistress is 'the perfect wife' NO. I believe most of them, are only able to master the element that the man is lacking in his existing relationship, so men who have wives who are great cooks, great conversation, good looking, leave them for a mistress who is grest in bed, or a wife who is great in bed, great cook, but leave them for a mistress who engages their minds.

Men want it all, and not just men, humans want it all, have our cakes and eat it.

Also, another point is the fact that a lot of people sometimes don't want to believe that they have found the 'best' out there for them, they would only be convinced if after a long tortorous search and many many relationships.

That is why a lot of relationships when we're young end, we still have the mentality that something better exists.

I have always thought that men by nature are always on a search to better themselves and to achieve the best, so sometimes they don't appreach the good or great, their eyes are always set on 'THE BEST' and generally, if you don't keep them on their toes forever, and the relationship starts to slip into pattern or familiarity, then it is very easy for them to believe that the grass is greener on the other side.

I believe as women, we can try and try to captivate a man's heart, but it all lies with ONE thing, a man will be captivated ONLY if he wishes to be, if he is willing to listen, work hard on a relationship, if he has realistic expectations and such. A man who has his criteria for the perfect wife, may never be captivate-able unfortunately.

I agree. cool
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by topup: 1:33am On Sep 03, 2008
But then after communication, he has to be willing to work at it, a relationship cannot be tackled by just one person alone. Really, I believe that if a guy does not want anything to do with you, that is how it is going to be, likewise if it was the woman who wanted to leave.

Communication is a great start, but from experience, some withold communication about the things that matter the most or the problems, but are able to maintain communication about the positive things. e.g. doubts are left to grow and fester in the mind, whilst compliments and sweet nothings just roll off the tongue.
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by bigboyslim(m): 1:55am On Sep 03, 2008
topup:

Most people seem to hold the opinion that if you can master all these 'elements' - cooking, maintaining the house, sex, conversation, a man will not want to cheat on you or will be satisfied.

I believe that this is not the case, just as much as I disagree with a point made by a poster saying that 'a man will always try to find better', can we say that every mistress is 'the perfect wife' NO. I believe most of them, are only able to master the element that the man is lacking in his existing relationship, so men who have wives who are great cooks, great conversation, good looking, leave them for a mistress who is great in bed, or a wife who is great in bed, great cook, but leave them for a mistress who engages their minds.

Also, another point is the fact that a lot of people sometimes don't want to believe that they have found the 'best' out there for them, they would only be convinced if it comes after a long tortorous search and many many relationships.

I have always thought that men by nature are always on a search to better themselves and to achieve the best, so sometimes they don't appreciate the good or great, their eyes are always set on 'THE BEST' and generally, if you don't keep them on their toes forever, and the relationship starts to slip into pattern or familiarity, then it is very easy for them to believe that the grass is greener on the other side.

Topup, once again you have hit the nail on the head. Sadly this took me way too long to realize but I guess its better late than never.
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Cayon(f): 1:59am On Sep 03, 2008
@ poster

The way to a man's heart is his stomach (belly).
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Hannibal: 2:01am On Sep 03, 2008
topup:

But then after communication, he has to be willing to work at it, a relationship cannot be tackled by just one person alone. Really, I believe that if a guy does not want anything to do with you, that is how it is going to be, likewise if it was the woman who wanted to leave.

Communication is a great start, but from experience, some withold communication about the things that matter the most or the problems, but are able to maintain communication about the positive things. e.g. doubts are left to grow and fester in the mind, whilst compliments and sweet nothings just roll off the tongue.

This red txts are hurting me pupils. sad sad sad
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by DeepZone: 2:16am On Sep 03, 2008
The way to a mans heart is communication.

If communication is on point then you will know what his needs are and will be able to be able to address them w/o him having to go outside

Some won't even tell you their needs. Most specie in men cannot talk our discuss anything with you effectively. May be their vocal cords are not developed.
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by vampire(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2008
Well Who ever says the way to a mans heart was his stomach is aiming a little bit too high
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by gboyesh(m): 9:42am On Sep 04, 2008
Wellll, For one thing , y'all r right but also very wrong, 1st off im a guy, married , sex is good , wife is the girl of my dreams n all that, my childhood sweetheart turned girlfriend ,turned wife , !!!
The thing thats got me about this topic is just that a mans heart has sooo many diff needs, food , sex , conversation, but the most imp thing is compatbility.
we as guys appreciate it when you are adventurous in bed and willing to do all, but theres a diff in trying and liking , if i know that yr just trying it to pleaese me , i will appreciate but nxt time i'll look for someone who will ENJOY it and prob take it to the next level, now thats fun!!!
The sameness can be boring!!!!
Just a thot!!!
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by DeepZone: 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2008
votes= 8 for and 10 against. I guess the 8 people that voted here are guys.
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by outlaws(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
cool

Buy him cars and give him money when ever he ask

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Your Partner Decides To Protest? / White Girls Too Sweet / Am A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.