Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

One Year Marriage Ultimatum! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Year Marriage Ultimatum! (1991 Views)

600 Men Slept With Me In One Year, Says 24-year-old Student / Actress Funke Akindele’s One Year Marriage To Kehinde Oloyede Ends / 9 Secrets From A 73-year Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Caliente(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2008
[size=13pt]I've got this beautifully designed friend of mine whose dad gave an ultimatum to get married in the next one year. She's currently in NYSC camp somewhere in the north. According to her the first two suitors were just too full of themselves, annoyingly arrogant, disrespectful and think that their money is everything a woman needs. One of them is an Omata guy. The other one saw her like today and started talking marriage the next day. She doesn't think they are capable of treating a woman right. What advice can you guys give her? This is the first of the twelve month ultimatum.[/size]
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2008
how old is she?
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by spikedcylinder: 11:51am On Sep 02, 2008
Caliente:

[size=13pt]I've got this beautifully designed friend of mine whose dad gave an ultimatum to get married in the next one year. She's currently in NYSC camp somewhere in the north. According to her the first two suitors were just too full of themselves, annoyingly arrogant, disrespectful and think that their money is everything a woman needs. One of them is an Omata guy. The other one saw her like today and started talking marriage the next day. She doesn't think they are capable of treating a woman right. What advice can you guys give her? This is the first of the twelve month ultimatum.[/size]

Err, I have problems understanding that part.
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by HRhotness(f): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2008
na today?

my mother has been giving me ultimatum since i turned 21. . . she go soon tire

ur friend shd relax jare
let her not go and jump into a pointless relationship to please someone else
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by MrCrackles(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2008
mesmya:

how old is she?

shez 43! cheesy
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
Brash!:

shez 43! cheesy

e be like say na true talk grin grin grin
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by lexicon(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

na today?

my mother has been giving me ultimatum since i turned 21. . . she go soon tire

your friend should relax jare
let her not go and jump into a pointless relationship to please someone else

Yes. she should take her time.u can only false a horse to the river,u cannot false to drink water
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Tgirl4real(f): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
She shouldn't choose anyone for now cos of the pressure. If she does she will end up with the wrong guy in all probability. Pls tell her to take her tym jare.
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by MrCrackles(m): 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
mesmya:

e be like say na true talk grin grin grin

clock is ticking and time is money! cheesy
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by kingdong(m): 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2008
mesmya:

how old is she?

Brash!:

shez 43!

Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Caliente(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2008
[size=13pt]She's 24[/size]
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Caliente(m): 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Err, I have problems understanding that part.

[size=13pt]I was only trying to say she's very pretty[/size]
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by HRhotness(f): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
what or who is an omata guy? undecided
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Caliente(m): 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

what or who is an omata guy? undecided

[size=13pt]It's a term for (often derogatory) somebody who is trading without any proper education.[/size]
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by agaba123(m): 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
OMATA = Onitsha Market traders Association.

Most of them in that association are only interested in money and believe money can buy them women. And with money they could do anything and get away with it. They do anything to get money. They are the kinda people who will not like their babes to get into the limelight. They treat women as property. An Omata guy's meaning of romance is N100k for Christmas shopping. He believes potbelly is a sign of wealth.
Most are uncultured.
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by beauteous(f): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
agaba123:

He believes potbelly is a sign of wealth.
Most are uncultured.

Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Adonica(f): 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2008
24yrs? . . . .whats the rush?
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by madamkoko: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2008
I don't know why Nigerian parents like to pressure thier children into marriage.
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by ayomifull(f): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2008
madamkoko:

I don't know why Nigerian parents like to pressure their children into marriage.

Imagine! at 24 and if she eventually gets married they expect her to get pregnant the same night. African mothers with wahala.
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Ben13: 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2008
And this rush is always 4rm the mothers, why? lipsrsealed
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Caliente(m): 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2008
Ben20001:

And this rush is always from the mothers, why? lipsrsealed

[size=13pt]She actually said the ultimatum came from her dad but I won't be surprised if the decision has the royal backing of the mother.[/size]
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by madamkoko: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
Its quite sad and I've heard on several occassion many older Nigerian women say "No matter how successful a woman may be (educational attainment/wealth) a woman is nothing without a man"

"A woman without a man is nothing (esp socially, amongst her friends, family, and within the Nigerian society)"

Meaning the success of a woman is unfortunately largely dependent on whether or not she has a man.

I think this kind of pressure is what leads women to crazy men, and makes women stay with crazy men or cheating men.  angry angry angry
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by madamkoko: 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ Caliente : although her dad gave her the ultimatum, i'm quite certain her mother is behind this. sad
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by yongbabe(f): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
if she doesnt comply weytyn go happen?
she iz a freakyn adult
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by iceland(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2008
I don't blame the parents o jare!It's the fault of our so called "nowadays" ladies.They enjoy jumping from one d*ick to another.Listen to them all!You can hear all of them them saying she is still young.At 24?When her mother got married at 19.I support the ultimatum she should learn how to cope with one d*ick and one d*ick ONLY.Enough of exuberance.

madamkoko:

I don't know why Nigerian parents like to pressure their children into marriage. 
It's not called pressure it is called  "call to Order", Parents have the right to call their children to order!This is not UK
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by nana(f): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
My mama no fit rush me to marry o.Lai Lai. If I choose to remain single or marry later,na my business not my parents'
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by madamkoko: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
They enjoy jumping from one d*ick to another.Listen to them all!You can hear all of them them saying she is still young.At 24?When her mother got married at 19.

This is some funny s#$@t L O L
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by madamkoko: 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2008
I support the ultimatum she should learn how to cope with one d*ick and one d*ick ONLY

Mr ice and does the same apply to men ?
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by iceland(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2008
madamkoko:

Mr ice and does the same apply to men ?
Men?hmmmm well undecided undecided
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by madamkoko: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
iceland:

Men?hmmmm well undecided undecided

undecided undecided lipsrsealed sad
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Caliente(m): 7:16am On Sep 03, 2008
iceland:

I don't blame the parents o jare!It's the fault of our so called "nowadays" ladies.They enjoy jumping from one d*ick to another.Listen to them all!You can hear all of them them saying she is still young.At 24?When her mother got married at 19.I support the ultimatum she should learn how to cope with one d*ick and one d*ick ONLY.Enough of exuberance.

It's not called pressure it is called "call to Order", Parents have the right to call their children to order!This is not UK

[size=13pt]You don't even know her. I'm not trying to defend her but to the best of my knowledge she's not the d1ck jumping type, her parents can attest to that too cuz she spends enough time with her mum.[/size]
Re: One Year Marriage Ultimatum! by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 03, 2008
eeeyah!! Too bad. Why do our parents push us this far cry

She should get herself a job, leave home, start her life and pray for the right man. No need to get rushed into making a mistake.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why nice guys fail / Why Do Nigerian Men Get Angry When You Touch Their Ugly Heads? Answer With Pict / Can You Approach A Guy You Admire So Much And Make Him To Fall In Love With You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.