Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (510398 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by TheJackal1(m): 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

Roma was a bigger competition for Man Utd.
Ferguson DOES NOT RESPECT any team in England. . . . .
United went to the Emirates to play 4-4-2 against y'all GAYnners . . . He couldn't muster such courage against Roma away.

How can u compare Liverpool to Roma?
Liverpool? When was the last time Liverpool defeated Man Utd in a league game?
I wld rather have Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal in the UCL than European teams.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by yommys01(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2008
I am sure Liverpool and Manutd fans will be happy we drew last night's match but the warning signal is : we will always score at Anfield, and hopeful Mr FOOLISH will not bench walcot and will learn to use Eboue for 2 rather than 7.Any one want to join a soccer discussion forum Then check out Soccerfanbase.com it is free to join and you can interact with other soccer lovers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Look at these hopelessly desperate Gaynners.They have resorted to hugging any negative news they can find pertaining to Utd.How sad.

On March 31st of 2007,Vidic broke his collarbone and was out till the end of April,did that stop us from winning the League?We still maintained a 6 point gap over Chelski till Vidic came back.Then,it was Rio and Vidic that were both out with injuries.

You've forgotten, that you were the 'master in this game',
and what's negative about someone picking an injury?
and save us the story about how Vidic broke collarbone last year bla bla bla,
For all I care, he may break his head grin grin grin grin
that's his problem.
go talk about it in the mancs thread
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Look at these hopelessly desperate Gaynners.They have resorted to hugging any negative news they can find pertaining to Utd.How sad.

On March 31st of 2007,Vidic broke his collarbone and was out till the end of April,did that stop us from winning the League?We still maintained a 6 point gap over Chelski till Vidic came back.Then,it was Rio and Vidic that were both out with injuries.

You've forgotten, that you were the 'master in this game',
and what's negative about someone picking an injury?
and save us the story about how Vidic broke collarbone last year bla bla bla,
For all I care, he may break his head grin grin grin grin
that's his problem.
go talk about it in the mancs thread
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2008
Apart from the Roma episode, this last few CL competition, Italian teams have always posed problems for Man u.
I will have Livepool, Anyday, simply because they are our wifey, whether CL or PREM liverpool.

You did not outplay them @ the Emirates, you are talking bout Liverpool not being able to outscore Ass Anal @ Anfield.
I guess the lucky win of the pensioners @ the San siro is what is making u spew this rubbish.

@chacal

Heard your ass was banned grin grin grin
Welcome back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Coded guy n Chacal

Liverpool may ur iyawo's domestically but u can't compare their European form with their domestic form.
Roma are by far no where near the strongest teams in Italy, they've never been except the year they won the scudetto, heck they couldn't even beat Arsenal when we were still finding our feet in Europe (3-1 @ Stadio Olympico).

Honestly Jackal would u rather have had Chelsea over Roma (A team u did 7-1 last year), uve even openly expressed ur fears over Chelsea chasing u guys down for the title, so y fear a feeble Roma team over them, i always fancied united to win in Rome, especially as Mr (I don't like performing in the big stage) Totti was not available, deep down u know Roma were weak opponents for u
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bgees(m): 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2008
people find it hard to understand us. and everytime, we end up surprising them.

its as simple as this:  ARSENAL HAVE THE BETTER GAMEPLAY
                                  LIVERPOOL HAVE THE BETTER GAME PLAN. (and i dont care if its defensive)
and which works better, even an ostrich knows it is gameplan.
our game plan has worked so many times even against stronger opposition, it even worked yesterday night at the emirates,  

arsenal fans and players will cry blood come next week tuesday at anfield. becos our gameplan will surely work.

and why was flamini wide-eyed like he was having a nightmare. the boy should learn to hide his fears.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by TheJackal1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

Roma are just 4 points behind Inter(league leaders in Italy).
How far behind is Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in our league? What is to say Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool can beat Roma?
Have u forgotten that was the same Roma that walloped Real Madrid HOME and AWAY?

United/Ferguson will prefer to face English teams in the UCL.
Liverpool will be sacrificial lambs both HOME and AWAY. . . . Rafa Benitez cannot read Man Utd.
There's so much fluidity in Man Utd that Hyppia and Arbeola don't even know who to mark . . . .
Ronaldo's goal at OT against Liverpool is a classic example. . . . .Nani's corner and who was marking Ronaldo? Dimunitive Xabi Alonso?

Carragher was eyeing Vida, Skirtel was marking Rio and Carragher was locking eyes with Wes Brown.
This is the problem opponents have against Man Utd. . . . The attack is all about constant movement.
Ronaldo is popping left, right and centre same as Wazza and Carlos Tevez.
Bring any team in England and letz see if United won't beat em SILLY at the moment.
The only HEAD 2 HEAD game United failed to cop maximum points was against the GAYnners at the Emirates(last min equalizer). cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2008
@chuckdee

Make up your mind.
Are you asking if we prefer chelsea or Liverpool in europe. or both. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Get back to me!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2008
@coded guy

I was going by what jackal said (Any English team: My pick was Chelsea)

@ Jackal

U didn't answer my question, yes u guys had Liverpool for lunch a couple weeks back but i still insist they are much tougher opponents than Roma (Who are trailing the Italian champions that Liverpool hammered). We all know Real Maadrid are light at the moment and can be got at easily, their defence is as good as non existent, go and see the La liga table and see how many points they have dropped all season, that should tell u they are not at their best this season.
I would have preffered we played Roma than any premiership team but since lady luc brought Liverpool round, we'll just have to open up a can of whoop ass on them.

Dude what the hell u doing in Leeds Don't let the locals know ur a Scum united fan
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by TheJackal1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

Arsene Wenger is a prat. . . . . .I think he should be sacked.
A gaffer like him shoulda known what Liverpool is all about. . . . He would be better off with a 0-0 result than going to Anfield with 1-1.
Jose Mourinho with all his tactical prowess couldn't outsmart Benitez(who i think is a master of UCL knock-out competitions).
Make no bones about it, Rafa will outfox Wenger at Anfield.

Leeds? There are more Man Utd fans here than Manchester. grin grin grin
They still prefer supporting Mancs up here than y'all Arses and Chavs of the South.
Its a safe haven here if u consider the blue half of Manchester that carry knives. grin grin grin

P.S. TREBLE* beckons on Arsenal. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2008
Records were meant to be broken, Benitez will crack under the pressure of pure unaldutrated football from Wenger and the boys, no English team had beaten Milan at the San Siro a few months back, look where that record is now (Thats right down the toilet). Liverpool can and will be beaten at Anfield, make no mistake, at the worst it'll be a 2-2 draw but Liverpool will sure not outscore us even at Anfield.

i won't discuss tactics with u cos i don't know a great deal bout it but Wenger brings something different to Anfield, something Mouriho could never bring during all their encounters, lts see how Benitez handles it, i personally think Liverpool will crack

As for Leeds, well what can i say, u scum united fans are like a bad rash, u just seem to be everywhere grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2008
Jackal, ur back. . .in another form I see. . . grin wink

Forget these Arsenal losers. . .They are just a waste of time. .
Like someone said before, . Arsenal is the only "big" team that can stay 3 seasons without a trophy and the coach wouldn't have been sacked.
Real sacked Capello even though he won La Liga. . .not to talk of not winning any damn cup. .not even the Carling Cup. .!! Pathetic lot. .!!

And here goes another season. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2008
@chuckdee

Why are u always talking bout the other team cracking.
You should be concerned bout the deep in form of your pathetic team.
You just played these guys at the Emirates and could not muster a win,
You are here saying they would crack!!!! under what, the same pathetic and depleted Arsenal squard

The same liverpool you just confessed you did not want to meet in europe. tongue tongue tongue tongue is who u expect to crack at Anfield.

Shame on ya! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ coded man

Yes i said i would have rather had Roma than any English team (Doesn't mean i'm scared of any one of them), the Arsenal aint scared of no one including ur team of batty boys

I asked a simple question and as usual, u a nd ur ring leader went on without answering the question. Roma are a weak team that any of the English sides would have beaten, simple as and would SAF be happy he had them rather than an EPL team , hell yeah

@ justkunmi

we aint chavs who jump ship at the slightest sign of a crack, i'll remain a gunner even if we're playing Sunday league football
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Chuckdee4
Relax my brother.
what didn't we hear a couple of weeks ago when we played Milan,
Em, Kaka will rip us apart,Pato will ruin us.Seedorf and Pirlo will finish us,
Now, all that's being said is that Benitez will finish us tactically .
It must be ages ago since we failed to score at Anfield,we've scored their this season and last season, a certain Baptista got 4 goals.
Because Chelsea fails against L'pool in cup competitions does not mean the ARSENAL wil falter.
Why am I even breaking sweat?
Tuesday is very near!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2008
@chukky

WTF question is it u asked that we did not answer, if we prefer Liverpol, chelsea , Roma or Even Le Arse.
Bring any of them, right now Man u has the strenght indepth to deal with any of them.

@HNIC

leave Baptista 4goals out of this, it was a flash in the pan for Ass Anal
The same Baptista, whose career was almost ruined by AssAnal tongue tongue is playing regularly for real madrid.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Coded guy,
It was a flash in the pan, yet Baptista has entered record books.
and did u say Bap's career was almost ruined at Arsenal, How?
Can we say Forlan's career was almost ruined at Man utd? because he's doing well where he is
Mancs logic like my fellow gunners say!!!.

Gunners,
Please check this out.
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8689_3379519,00.html
What do you think?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2008
I won't say Arsenal is going to beat Liverpool at anfield but i know Rafael is going to play a defensive game there in protection of their away goal (if u play a defensive game against Arsenal while they haven't scored, you are plying to conceed a goal ) and if Arsenal get a goal, that is certainly the end for liverpool cos the game will be opened and there will be possibility of conceeding more goals. So, the probability of Arsenal carrying the day at Anfield ids higher
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2008
Really Funny but gunners might not find it like that
http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749_3379478,00.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by TheJackal1(m): 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ HNIC,

Liverpool will be a different scenario to AC Milan.
Go and check the number of games Milan have lost at San Siro this season and u will marvel.
How many times have Liverpool lost to an English club at Anfield this season? NONE!!!!!!!!!!
Only Man Utd have the bragging rights to go to Anfield and get maximum points . . .The same Man Utd that thumped y'all 4-0.

Besides, RVP is out again after copping anutha injury last night.
Where is the goal gonna come from? Adebayor? We all know the lanky Togolese is finished.
The last time he scored in England bar yesterday was some 7 weeks ago. . . .It might take anutha 3 weeks before he scores again.
Hleb, Cesc and Flamster are all tired running on empty tanks. . . . .Will Sagna be back before tuesday?

Its a HUGE ASK for the GAYNNERS and it will take a Biblical Miracle to overcome the Scousers at Anfield.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by texazzpete(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2008
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2008
Jackal,
Let's wait and see.
The underdog status usually suits us in this kind of situation.
Tuesday is just around the corner!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2008
Roma are definitely a weaker team in the UCL compared to Liverpool if you ask me i think this thing is beautifully scripted Uefa wants a Barca vs Utd semi and another all English semifinal

@HNIC
We are not even the underdogs Benitez knows that.Chelsea always went to Anfiled to defend that was their problem their tactics ended up stifling each other Arsenal is a sharp contrast as we would be out to score Benitez will not win this one
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 7:32pm On Apr 03, 2008
anyone that feels Liverfool WONT LOSE THEIR 2 REMAINING MATCHES AGAINST IT NEEDS TO GO TO CHURCH 2MORO NITE FOR DELIVERANCE . . . I RECOMMEND T.B JOSHUA'S SYNAGOGUE  grin  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by opia(m): 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2008
u guys are going down, just start preparing for qualifiers-UP BLUES
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Mc Omo
That's your church,right? No wonder cheesy And who cares if i call Wormedup Wormy? People dey pose with beta nicknames,u dey hia dey halla over 'Wormy'.Na wa o. As for your own 'Kit', i just happen to know it sounds a lil better than the 'Omo' one you got going.Even if nobody admits it cos they fear your bullying ways,its true grin Abi were you sent a memo on NL name rules?Tell me now o,u know say banning na the current high tongue.

like i care grin grin grin grin grin

@folahann
Liverpool play a defensive game?Defensive?At Anfield?Jeez,thought you would be a little more realistic.They got an away goal.Why on God's green earth shouldn't they get many more on their home turf?They're not gonna be looking just to defend their goal,they're also gonna be fiercely angling to get many many more.Besides,everybody knows y'all have a poor record at Anfield.
I know the Scousers are gonna go all out against you guys.Sure,their defense could do with some tightening up,but the same could be said about yours.Rafa is so determined to outthink Wenger on this,i doubt Wenger will know what hit him.Its a hell of a job Arsenal has got ahead of them,and right now,with RVP out and Bendtner's current status as a Scouser defender wink ,i wonder where the goals will be coming from.Wenger had better let Walcott play right from the start if he knows whats good for the team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Mc
Don't price more than you can pay for.
To be honest by sunday you guys will be 8 or 9 points adrift of Man United.
I suppose that will be the last time i will hear"We are still in the race"
from any of you Gaynners. Although the match tuesday is still open to anyside to win
but the scoucers are more advantaged to scale throu.
Hope your seasons end before mid-wk.
Enjoy your 3rd position TROPHY.
WAN UNITED
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2008
presido1:

@Mc
Don't price more than you can pay for.
To be honest by sunday you guys will be 8 or 9 points adrift of Man United.
I suppose that will be the last time i will hear"[b]We are still in the race"
from any of you Gaynners[/b]. Although the match tuesday is still open to anyside to win
but the scoucers are more advantaged to scale throu.
Hope your seasons end before mid-wk.
Enjoy your 3rd position TROPHY.
WAN UNITED

lol grin grin grin grin

You will still hear it o,i guarantee ya wink grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Cassiel
If you were to be in place of Rafeal Benitez then Liverpool would have confirmed their relegation this season.
Keep hating cos it's not going to change shit bout what's gonna happen
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2008
@folahann
lol grin grin grin grin

I think i would prefer Fergie's position to Rafa's.

But seriously,i'm not hating.I'm just being realistic here.Liverpool won't be doing y'all any favours @ Anfield,and that's the simple truth.They'll be looking to win. And if Arsenal hope to beat them,a whole lot of work needs to be done,especially with RVP out and players like Eboue and Bendtner in confused states.Geddit?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2008
Football is a game, Arsenal is a team and Champions league is a competition

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.