Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (510399 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 9:07am On Apr 03, 2008
rasputinn

i agree with u on eboue, the guy has been a big flop this season. last nite was just too clueless for me. if we r to win anything next season wenger shld pls buy quality players
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2008
Temporary advantage liverfluke?yes

Real advantage liverfluke?hell NO
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:10am On Apr 03, 2008
Looking ahead to the sundry fixtures we have with liverfluke,both in the UCL and EPL,I DEFINITELY know we will beat them on the two fronts.
You see,whether they want to admit it or not,the only team they are scared of playing against is ARSENAL,but they know they can only run,they surely cannot hide.
In retrospect,the draw is not such a terrible scoreline,aside the fact they have an away goal now.

Going forward,I want to recall what happened on Tuesday 9 Jan 2007 @ ant field,when we gave them a 6-3 thumping that really made them look like ants (I’m sure they’ve not forgotten)

That is not forgetting Jan 6 2007 when we had earlier beaten them by a 3-1 goal margin.

We must put up the same superb performance come Tuesday even if we have to appeal to the Merengues to release the beast to us for that purpose cos those four goals he scored on the night of the 6-3 routing of liverfluke will remain fresh in our memories

Finally, I know we will progress to the semi finals of the UCL @ the expense of Rafa Benitez’s team.I JUST KNOW IT

GO ARSENAL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nyabinghi(m): 9:33am On Apr 03, 2008
Typical gunners and their boastfulness. Who makes liverpool have the jitters most? United of course. Liverpool is more afraid of United than the gunners. Check the results of encounters between the 2 teams . U hardly get a draw at andfield though u do beat them at your ground but united mostly thump them home and away.

You could still spring a suprise in the second leg but u have to work extra hard to do that cos the fans at anfield know how to raise the adrenalin of the kops.
Liverpool 2 Arasenal 1 for the return leg. Don't say i didn't tell you. I don't mind to be called names cos its the pastime of gunners to do that to real analysts.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2008
Goodmorning Gayners,

Congratulations, i believe are in order grin grin grin grin

Always knew the title of the popular song we will hear today would be 'WE DREW WITH MILAN @ HOME BUT WE BEAT THEM AWAY" its defly going to be a hit. grin grin

rasputinn:

Now whatever happened to killing off a game
The equaliser by liverfluke was just a disaster waiting to happen,what with the lackadaisical way the Gunners played immediately after that we scored
Yea yea,there were some spirited attempts our players to increase the tally after the equaliser [b]but why make things difficult and complicated when you could have made it so easy?[/b]Pray someone  tell me,what was Bendtner doing on the touchline of liverfluke?
My all-season dissapointment with Eboue's performance just switched gear in a geometric progression.
If I had my way,he would have a permanent position;ON THE BENCH

ma point exactly tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 10:26am On Apr 03, 2008
@ Coded Guy
The CL ties are two legged affairs and as it is now, no team is sure of reaching the semi-finals(manure and barca included).I have seen lots of dramas in CL ties to know that, it ain't over until it's over.
We could have made it easier last nite by winning the tie, but such stuff happens in football, There's still the 2nd leg to play for.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Emperoh(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2008
Arsenal played well yesterday and where unlucky to get away with a scored draw.
Now their hopes are in Liverpools hands.
They will surely frustrate their efforts at Anfield
But let see what happens next week

Chelski didn't play perticularly well but i believe they will sail thru
Fenerbache was really good.
Men that Second goal was a scorcher and a beauty to behold

That reminds me. Why did u guys not tell me that Liverpool has signed Bendtner on loan as defender shocked shocked grin
Eventhough it was a foul but did you guys see how he guarded the line and defended for Liverpool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:38am On Apr 03, 2008
HNIC:

@ tope
why do most teams come to the emirates and pack so many players behind the ball and hope to hit on a counter?
That's the only way they can play THE ARSENAL.
If you decide to play footie with us, the way it should be played, you will certainly be beaten black and blue.
Harry Redknapp admited to that, when he played 10 men behind the ball at Fratton park in December.
pool defence to cross the ball.

I hate hearing this nonsense grin

Do you want opposition to play a beatable style?

It is up to your coach to do something.

I think Arsenal played very well most expecially in the 2nd half and i think they can qualify.

Liverpool will remain liverpool. I am just worried of Anfield on a European night shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 10:57am On Apr 03, 2008
@HNIC

We all know its a 2 leg affair, but wouldn't you have liked to atleast be 2goals up and be relaxed and more composed for the Away 2nd leg

This same senario played itself during the tie with Milan, am sure most of you who came here to say gayners would win said it with lots of prayers and wishing, It came out good for you guys that time but the question is, after that very uncomfortable feeling, you guys have put yourselves into the same situation.

You are doing it in the CL and the PREM.

must one suffer this much cos you a Gayner.

Read previous post and see lots of complaints about your team by YOUR OWN FANS

Wenger should be fired! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by femib26(m): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2008
The referee was a liverfool yesterday.
Even our own Breadtner and eboue decided to be liverfoolish too. Am so disappointed in the two of  them.
Me think if you cant score, you shouldnt stand on the way of progress of others:  Breadtner , was, am short of words.

I think he should be investigated, peradventure, he's been settled by betting ring leaders or is he on liverfool payrole, abi what do you want me to say wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 11:39am On Apr 03, 2008
@debosky
Does it matter if the gist's new or not?At least i waz concerned enough to bring it grin grin

It ain't over yet,gaynner.You could still win @ Anfield,though its gonna be one hell of an uphill climb.Y'all played well yesterday,just that the finishing was poor.There's still hope.I think undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 11:41am On Apr 03, 2008
femib26:

Even our own[b] Breadtner[/b] and eboue decided to be liverfoolish too. Am so disappointed in the two of them.
Me think if you can't score, you shouldnt stand on the way of progress of others: Breadtner , was, am short of words.

Whoz Breadtner?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by femib26(m): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2008
Bendtner or Breadtner, what ever his name is, he was a liverfool yesternite.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DaJunta(m): 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2008
rasputinn:

Temporary advantage liverfluke?yes

Real advantage liverfluke?hell NO

U could say watever u like but 1 thing is 4 sure, liverpool is in the driving seat tongue
We aint Milan that all sorts of team in Serie A thrashes. Last weekend Milan lost to a lowly rated team in serie A @ San Siroshocked
So it aint a big deal that ASsnal beat them @ San siro tongue

ANFIELD is a different stage all togeda, especially on an[b] European nite[/b] grin grin grin

YNWA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DaJunta(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2008
Rafa Is the father of 2nd legs grin

YNWA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2008
Where do i start?It was a nice game last night we had our chances and we simply didnt take them typical Arsenal! my men of the match where Walcott and Fabregas Cesc was like a quarterback last night running the plays and giving great hustle Gallas didnt do too badly.A Man.Utd friend of mine jokingly told me that Wenger should go into music and with players like Eboue and Bendtner i can see why, but seriously what was that dumb Dane thinking? did he want to score himself didnt he know he was offside? RVP i dont know what to say to you you must have biscuits for legs.I officially start the Bendtner,Diaby and Eboue must go campaign we would keep going trophyless with shyte players like that in our camp.All hope is not lost yet though lets start by beating them in the Premier League then it will be battle royale at Anfield
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2008
femib26:

Bendtner or Breadtner, what ever his name is, he was a liverfool yesternite.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2008
coded guy:

Read previous post and see lots of complaints about your team by YOUR OWN FANS

Wenger should be fired! grin

Arsenal fans are passionate and at the same time we speak our minds about our darling team.
LOL Real fans complain,just in case you didn't know,
and about AW being fired?
Go ahead and fire him, you could try this, Stage a one man demonstration in front of the Emirates on Saturday carrying the placard, "Fire Wenger",
U never know.
The Arsenal board may just listen to you!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2008
HNIC:

Arsenal fans are passionate and at the same time we speak our minds about our darling team.
LOL Real fans complain,just in case you didn't know,
and about AW being fired?
Go ahead and fire him, you could try this, Stage a one man demonstration in front of the Emirates on Saturday carrying the placard, "Fire Wenger",
You never know.
The Arsenal board may just listen to you!

LOL

Good idea cool cool
You'll be surprised at how many Arse Anal fans and board members would be right behind me grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2008
femib26:

Even our own Breadtner and eboue decided to be liverfoolish too. Am so disappointed in the two of  them.
Me think if you can't score, you shouldnt stand on the way of progress of others:  Breadtner , was, am short of words.

I think he should be investigated, peradventure, he's been settled by betting ring leaders or is he on liverfool payrole, abi what do you want me to say wink wink

LMAO  grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ femib,take ya time oo,abi you wan crack my rib?
I'm swivelling in my chair with laughter,really having a hard time trying to stop laughing before my secretary will think something is wrong as I'm alone in my office

Thanx fo d new words though (if they be not new,then moi must av missed 'em)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Wormy

are u surprised Cassiel calls u Wormy and calls me Kit  undecided

u suppose know wetin dey now  wink

aw we go see 2moro jare . . .lets have a bottle or 2 man  cool

this place bores me silly with this moderator shebang  angry I expend all my energy to post only for some idiot to delete my posts  angry

and have Seun the dork send threats to ban me . . like I care ?  

u ban me . . .I sign in as someone else. is that hard to do  

AWON WERE GAMBIA  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Coded guy

Have u seen this? It doesn't look too good!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7325791.stm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2008
@HNIC

yes have seen that, not a good thing for us anyway, and am sure y'all are sormersaulting on one spot tongue tongue
Vidic's injury cannot stop our momentun.

Let me ask u a question!
Was the defence ruffled when oshea came in against Roma?
Take a look at our bench, then u'll know we can cope.
We have enough[b] ARSENAL[/b] in our squad to replace anybody.

Please dont think, you guys have a chance when u come to OT
Y'all be raped again and again and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with or without vidic, Geddit!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2008
Look at these hopelessly desperate Gaynners.They have resorted to hugging any negative news they can find pertaining to Utd.How sad.

On March 31st of 2007,Vidic broke his collarbone and was out till the end of April,did that stop us from winning the League?We still maintained a 6 point gap over Chelski till Vidic came back.Then,it was Rio and Vidic that were both out with injuries.

This is even good news because earlier news reports suggested he had ligament damage which will rule him out for the rest of the season.Its a good thing it happened just when we had Silvestre and Neville back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Akolawole

Liverpool anytime anyday would be iyawos to Manure and Arsenal . . . .so dont go there  cool

WE LOVE ANFIELD . . .COS WE WOULD ALWAYS SCORE THERE  cool

they come out to play . .THEY ARE IN TROUBLE . . . .they stay back MORE WAHALA  grin

WHO IS TORRES ?  undecided

anoda CRONALDO-like player ?  undecided almost always missing in big games  undecided one single shot at goal  shocked  grin

AND LATER THEY WILL SAY ADEBAYOR IS SH@T  shocked  angry

@Coded guy

Vida has been a solid rock for u all season . . .are u sure u wont be ranting like Chac was about how Rio being banned cause Manure to lose the title  that season  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2008
Interesting game last nyt, there's no point repeating whats been said already, i've just about had it with Eboue, the clown has the potential (Judging from 2 seasons ago) but seems to have gotten a big head, i will personally drive him to Barcelona and cancel his British visa.

We should have put our foot down on this game and made the second leg easier, cos we've got the scummies days after the second leg, the last thing we needed was a do or die game at Anfield. Liverpool can and will be outdone at Anfield, they may not be Milan but they wil stil get outdone.

Everyone's going on about how the Anfield crowd will play a huge role, as long as they don't get on the field and try to beat up my boys then they might as well can it, football is played on the field not in the stands, if we outdid Milan in a very intimidating San Siro then all i can say is bring on Liverpool, they obviously have the advantage with the away goal, it simply means we'll need to get a goal quite early.

Again Torres was locked and apart from the goal Gerrard was quiet

Let the games role on, i'm silently confident of reaching the semis, lets hope Chelsea don't stutter at SB cos Fernebache won't take shit lying down like Olympiacos did
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2008
Mc Omo:

@Akolawole

Liverpool anytime anyday would be iyawos to Manure and Arsenal . . . .so don't go there cool

WE LOVE ANFIELD . . .COS WE WOULD ALWAYS SCORE THERE cool

they come out to play . .THEY ARE IN TROUBLE . . . .they stay back MORE WAHALA grin

WHO IS TORRES ? undecided

another CRONALDO-like player ? undecided almost always missing in big games undecided one single shot at goal shocked grin

AND LATER THEY WILL SAY ADEBAYOR IS SH@T shocked angry

@Coded guy

Vida has been a solid rock for u all season . . .are u sure u wont be ranting like Chac was about how Rio being banned cause Manure to lose the title that season undecided

The fear of Anfield on an European night is the beginning of all wisdom.

If you doubt me, ask a Chelsea fan . . . yeah that's me also grin

Personally, I'd prefer Arsenal to Liverpool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2008
somze:

The fear of Anfield on an European night is the beginning of all wisdom.

If you doubt me, ask a Chelsea fan . . . yeah that's me also grin

Personally, I'd prefer Arsenal to Liverpool cool

Somze u talk like uve qualified already, in ur case the fear of fernebache is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nyabinghi(m): 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2008
Mc Omo,

Arsenal don't have a good record at anfield, save for last season. You even lost in the league bya scandalous scoreline 4-1. You will walk alone back to emirates mark my words. Man u vs Roma is a done deal. Euro all starts can't even beat united. I sense a repeat of 1999.
The last time Arsenal played an English team in the Champs league they were knocked out 3-2 on aggregate. A feeling of deja vu here.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 2:35pm On Apr 03, 2008
nyabinghi:

Mc Omo,

Arsenal don't have a good record at anfield, save for last season. You even lost in the league bya scandalous scoreline 4-1. You will walk alone back to emirates mark my words. Man u vs Roma is a done deal. Euro all starts can't even beat united. I sense a repeat of 1999.
The last time Arsenal played an English team in the Champs league they were knocked out 3-2 on aggregate. A feeling of deja vu here.

I don't see Liverpool outscoring us, i think they'll rather hold on to their away goal, either way they will conceed come Tuesday and if they feel the Anfield crowd can lift them up then they better watch it, if the Anfield crowd make them believe they can stand toe to toe with Arsenal football wise then they got another thing coming
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2008
@MC OMO

No doubt Vidic has been a rock for us, but now that he is injured we will make do with the other players.
Like 4play said we have players coming back from injury. so his injury is kinda light on us.

Rio was banned for a whole lotta games, 2-3 games without Vidic will not make us stutter.
Pls, dont start having hopes in the EPL. grin

i was so impressed bout the fact that our defence did not feel any form of pressure at the Roma game after Vidic Left.
Brown, Pique,Rio,neville, Sylvestre, Oshea, Evra, pick your choose? grin grin grin

cant say the same bout your team tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 2:49pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ coded guy

Lets be honest between Liverpool (CL Liverpool that is) and Roma, who would u say was more competition?

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.