Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,641 members, 7,865,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518148 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:47pm On May 06, 2008
Chacal tongue tongue

Thats why i said you need help embarassed

Did you care to read what i wrote on Matt Flamini, and as usual you just jump on the first train to Bangkok, without thinking, sort of like Ronaldo and those Trannies grin grin Thats why you have male scorned lovers stalking about on Nairaland, a'la the above poster grin grin

I never said Flamster and Hleb didn't contribute, i said they can be replaced by better players (and in Hleb's case, more productive players).

What have they done that Cesc or Ade didn't do, to be described as the best players If Berbatov leaves Spurs will Ramos breakout in tears

Flamini and Hleb (if he does go) have been good servants to the club, and we wish them well, but Arsene will find replacements, what we can only pray for is for those replacements to gel quickly like say Sagna did cool

cool GOONER 89

P.S. I will still come to the Scummy thread and spew whatever grin at least i don't have male admirers chasing me all around the Sports section wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 3:49pm On May 06, 2008
4 Him:

Arsene would make my summer if he goes out and gets Berbatov (who desperately wants to leave Spurs), a defensive midfielder, one central midfielder, a center back, goalkeeper and proper right winger.

Think he should just buy a BRAND NEW TEAM grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 4:01pm On May 06, 2008
@ Loyika,

It took Hleb & Flamini almost 2 seasons to become what he is today. . . .
Should Wenger get some other players in a team that has no leader like Arsenal, it might take anutha 5 years.
Your team will be like NEWCASTLE that keeps changing their managers. . . .NO CONSISTENCY!!!!
Arsenal's strength is their midfield. . . . .Ya defence is not up to standard and the attack can do better. . .
However, the midfield of Hleb-Flam-Cesc-Rosicky will be in the top 2 in the Premiership ON THEIR DAY.

Anyways, worry NOT about the idiot savant having penile erections on me. . .
There are so many niggaz on the down low these days. . . . .He might have seen me pics somewhere, u never know in this computer age.
The last time i checked, He is a GAYNNER/CHAV. . . .Soccer fans in London have the highest number of sods in the whole wide world.
It's becoming endemic. grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2008
[quote

[Arsene would make my summer if he goes out and gets Berbatov (who desperately wants to leave Spurs). [/b] ]]

Not on your life mate.Spurs would never sell Berbie to Arsenal,even if he's on a free transfer,he'd rather sign for another club,what with the mutual hatred that both teams have for each other.
There are other top of the pack strikers some of whom have openly admitted their admirsation for Arsenal,question is;will AW make the right call?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 6:37pm On May 06, 2008
Saw some Gaynners saying that they are satisfied that Arsenal are "making progress"? grin grin

You finished 2 seasons in 4th place and finished the 3rd season in 3rd.If this pattern continues,you will finish 1 more season in 3rd place,followed by 2 more seasons in 2nd place. grin grin

This obviously depends on how you are measuring 'progress'.6 years ago,after winning the title,Wenger spoke of the dawn of a new era.He noted the time frame within which it took Fergie to establish Man Utd at the pinnacle of English football and submitted that we were heralding a period in which Arsenal will dominate English football a la Utd in the 90s.

Fast forward 6 years later and Arsenal fans are bleating. . ."we are making progress"! They arbitrarily pick a period and template that suits them to support their point.

How does Arsenal's finish this season actually represent an improvement from 05/06?In '06,Arsenal finished 4th and 2nd in the EPL and UCL respectively(the 2 most crucial competitions).This season,Arsenal finished 3rd(1 place better in the EPL) and Q/Finalist in the UCL-not much of an improvement.

To glibly point out total points amassed will be the height of foolishness. . .by that measure,this Arsenal side is a better side than the Utd treble winning team of 99 which didn't even hit the 80 point mark!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:08pm On May 06, 2008
@ 4 play
Loyika rightly said that you know you are making progress when u do well in the league.
Let's be frank, cup competitions cannot be compared to the league.
Look at L'Pool's team when they won the CL in '05 and compare with the team now.
Well said Loyika
I just wish the haters can just concentrate on their teams and leave the Arsenal alone
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:19pm On May 06, 2008
Meanwhile Hleb and Flamster have been super this season, but damn! They can be replaced.
No player is indispensable.Flamster and Hleb can't play for Arsenal forever.
Trust the Press to start linking everyone in Arsenal with other club's after Flamini's departure and to speak
extensively about our wage structure(like we haven't paid any player above 55k/week before )
and of course, folks from other clubs will pick the little pieces of information that was fed and come up with all sorts of funny analysis
Arsenal pays slave wages,Arsene Wenger is stingy,He has lost the plot,the MD is a certified accountant and was being paid megabucks compared to what the players were earning,bla, bla, bla
So many stories about the Arsenal all around. even at times overshadowing the fact that its manure vs chavs in both the league and the UCL.
Arsenal this, Arsenal that,
OMG.Let Arsenal be!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by sirwebs(m): 7:37pm On May 06, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Loyika,

If u discredit what Hleb and Flamini have done to Arsenal then u are a PRAT!!!!!!!!!

How can u say such about your best performers this season?
Clichy ma bloody foot. . . . Like he caused the dropping of points at Birmingham. . . He is part of why Arsenal's season crumbled.
Okay. . okay, because he was named in the PFA team? Loyika, stop smoking CRACK!!!!

Granted, this aint ma thread but don't u come to the United thread to spew balderdash as well?
Ronaldo is going to REAL MADRID. . . .Heinze is going to Liverpool. . . .Carlos Tevez's transfer saga and reh reh reh.
Lets GLOAT while we can. . . . we never know if this might be our last chance of taking the piss on Arsenal!!

@ Jackal Thank God you understand how fickle the game is. I was about to dismiss you as a loudmouthed airhead (which i guess you are).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 8:05pm On May 06, 2008
@ Sirwebs,

You are still an IDIOT.

Your argument was based on the fact that NOTHING IS WRONG WITH ARSENAL!!!!!
In ur deluded world, Arsenal have achieved since Vieira left but ma question is. . . What has Arsenal won since Vieira left? ZILCH.
If finishing 3rd in the Premier League is what u count as an achievement then u should consider yourself(never mind Arsenal) A FAILURE. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 9:47pm On May 06, 2008
Contrary to the opposition's analysis and "doom and gloom" attitude, Arsenal is improving. Yes, we are yet to get the "perfect" eleven, and have not really replaced the solid players that have left like Henry, Viera, playmakers like Bergkamp, we are still bringing through promising young players. It is a shame that the game has changed, and clubs play more for the financial rewards and winning trophies, no matter how they do it.

Our youngsters still need to be given time to prove themselves. Not all will make instant impact like a Rooney.

Overall, we finished higher than last season, and could have maybe won the league, had we the depth and mental stability of other challengers. We are still in the learning process.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 9:59pm On May 06, 2008
If we forget the last 2 seasons, ur speech coulda hold water with me. . .
However, not winning anything in the last 3 seasons with Wenger's shambolic man-management, Arsenal WILL NOT WIN a single title next season.
Lets face it. . . . Next season shoulda been the the zenith for players like Hleb, Flamster, Cesc and Rosicky.
But. . . .the budding players are now leaving cos they feel Arsenal lack ambition to compete with their rivals. . .
Wenger will prolly buy more players from Iran and Hong Kong. . . nurture em only for em to leave after 2-3 years.
Can't u GAYnners see this cycle of empty production line?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:49pm On May 06, 2008
BLA BLA BLA . . .

THE SAME OLD LINES EVERYTIME embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:01am On May 07, 2008
The Zenith of Hleb? "grin" what. . .he'll score 4 goals instead of 3? please stop talking trash

Flamini had ONE great season as a midfielder, truth is. . .there is no guarantee he would replicate the form next time around. Ask Kevin Phillips wink

And don't get me started about Rozzi - the day he plays 25 games in a season, I will shave my arse tongue grin

People can talk about us 'crumbling' but I don't think so - Hleb can be as annoying as he can be creative, his loss will simply make AW go out there and get someone else - preferably someone who will attempt to shoot more than once every 10 games tongue

There is a lot of hue and cry and season comparisons. . .but only a patently asinine person would deny the progress of this season over the past two - where we have failed to even amass 70 points this season we have amassed 80 and will finish a mere 4 points behind the league winner, or even less if they both draw on the last day. If that is not competitive I don't know what is.

So there it goes - the two players likely to leave (Hleb's case is not even certain yet) are HIGHLY replaceable - Sagna, Clichy, Cesc, Ade are the guys who carry the heart and soul of this team and are all still there. Granted we need reinforcements, but the guys leaving are not the 'budding' players with all due respect.

All of Arsenal's team members in the PFA are STAYING. These same naysayers said we would come 5th last season because Henry left so why should we even listen to your bollocks this time around

Everyone at Arsenal knows that three years without a trophy is too long - the stadium excuse is over now, time to start producing. Incidentally, this season was the second EVER unbeaten home season we've ever had, now it may not be a 'trophy' but definitely a sign of progress, our defensive frailties not withstanding.

Listen to AW's words - "We won trophies with Gilberto and Jens because they are special human beings, you know? You do not win with average people."

AW knows EXACTLY what we need - with a buy like Sagna last year, we need more of those special ones. Those are the calibre of players needed at this club now, impressive individuals who are accomplished and bring their skills and talents to bear. This season may be make or break for Arsenal, we watch patiently for him to move.

Empty production line indeed - Clichy has been playing at Arsenal since when? how come he hasn't left? What about RVP or even Cesc? They've all been here since 03/04 and have not left, the only ones that have left (bar Flamini and maybe Hleb) have not been good enough, SIMPLE.

Spend money, man management eh? Rafa spent how much? Apart from Torres, which other buy did anything special this season? They ended up TROPHYLESS too. . .in 4th place as well a definite regression from last season. So y'all can stuff your silly analysis. In the previous two seasons, did we even lead the league once after the initial alphabetical arrangement?

Nuff said. . .Arsenal will improve next season, glad the Flamini matter is done with early, we won't miss out on available players because of him. Let Hleb do his nonsense and leave if he wants to. There is NO SPACE in this squad for half hearted commitment to the cause.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:03am On May 07, 2008
arsenal board and wenger are so stupid to let the core of there team go
[size=15pt]bye bye[/size]  [size=20pt]flamini[/size]
pity arsenal will rather stick to there stupid policies than win trophies,get good players and keep there good players
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:05am On May 07, 2008
pardon me but some posts are just plain stupid and un realistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
imagine arsenal without flamini this season!! and imagine his position filled by gilberto!!!!
its obvious we let our best player go, there are no two ways about it.
i would rather let a hleb go than a flamini
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 2:08am On May 07, 2008
when viera left who ever thought flamini will come up?
now flamini came up and has also left who knows who is next to come up?
moreover flamini never scored alot of goals and some of his shootings are poor.He made a total of 153 appearances for the Gunners scoring eight times

Gilberto scored 11 goals alone last season. flaminis strength is the partnership with cesc fabregas. cesc and gilberto dont combine well.
Flamini is definitely not the best player this term:

1.Cesc Fabregas
2. Adebayor
3. Sagna
4.Clichy
5. Flamini

hleb leaving is more of a worry.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:12am On May 07, 2008
thats exactly wut am saying!!!!!!!!!!!
was scoring goals his job at arsenal
he was a wing back and a holding midfielder for christ sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he job was to tackle! damn
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:15am On May 07, 2008
@ vic

to be honest I was more worried about Flam than Hleb - for an attacking player his goal return was WOEFUL- even worse than Sicknote Rosicky! shocked

We need to buy someone like Makoun who is both defensive and scores goals, and then go after a Ben Arfa type of player with explosive pace and goal scoring ability too - with RVP likely to be injured sometime next season, Dudu out of form till December at the earliest, another striker will be a necessity too.

If we do that and get a tall intelligent CB ( sell Kolo or Gallas if they refuse to sit on the bench) then we will be set for next season.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:17am On May 07, 2008
vicade:

when viera left who ever thought flamini will come up?
now flamini came up and has also left who knows who is next to come up?
moreover flamini never scored alot of goals and some of his shootings are poor.He made a total of 153 appearances for the Gunners scoring eight times

Gilberto scored 11 goals alone last season. flaminis strength is the partnership with cesc fabregas. cesc and gilberto don't combine well.
Flamini is definitely not the best player this term:

1.Cesc Fabregas
2. Adebayor
3. Sagna
4.Clichy
5. Flamini

hleb leaving is more of a worry.

gilberto scored 11 times so wuuut?
how many of which were from the penalty spot!!!

cant biliv any1 would rate adebayorplayful idiot over flamini this season, i wouldnt even rate clichy and sagna over him!!!!
remember clichy's error against bham was the beginning of our downfall this season, pity we never overcame it!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 2:19am On May 07, 2008
and defensive midfielders are not supposed to score?
Look at chelsea,man united and Liverpool and mention one defensive midfielser that dos not score?

or viera and roy keane never scored?

if you tackle all day and you have poor shooting you cant win matches. Flamini is not all that. Arsenal have had greater losses in henry,bergkamp and viera. Loosing Flamini to me is like either loosing Reyes(who turned out to be poor for athletico) or loosing david bentley(who is a brilliant player) Only time will tell. Let us see if he will make the euro 2008 france squad. i hope he does and i wish him the best and totally enjoyed him playing for arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:23am On May 07, 2008
So now Flamini is the best player ever because he is leaving? Puhleeze - Gilberto has performed OVER TIME - delivering titles too. Flamini? Nothing

Don't get me wrong he has had an excellent season beyond most expectations, but most of us would've gladly let him go last summer so no biggie in the end. Lets start planning now Obviously the player had his heart set on moving a long time ago and thus refused to sign a new deal that has been on the table since last year. Rumor has it that he was offered the only 55k at AC, so if he left it was to an obviously bigger club with more prestige and I would never begrudge a player that. I wish him the best, but Arsenal FC will definitely move on.

If we can score 70+ goals and be the second highest goal scorers in the league in the season immediately after T14, with one 'playful' ( I so wish RVP and others were playful then grin grin) striker scoring 30 goals, who the heck is irreplaceable?

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 2:24am On May 07, 2008
Do you know how many times clichy saved arsenal all those last minute goals, where did you think some of the crossses into the box came from

Flamini would have been a great player if as a defensive midfielder he added some goals to his name. He is not makalele or gattusso for christ sake. Arsenal need defensive midfielders that can score pile drivers. at least more than flaminis 8 goals in 153 matches.

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, CESC FABREGAS IS THE ONLY UNTOUCHABLE IN THE ARSENAL SQUAD. WHERE THERE IS FABREGAS, THERE IS HOPE TO BUILD A TEAM AROUND HIM. HE IS THE CORE OF THE TEAM.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:26am On May 07, 2008
tell me how many goals mikel,makalele,mascherano and carrick have

vicade:

Loosing Flamini to me is like either loosing Reyes(who turned out to be poor for athletico) or loosing david bentley(who is a brilliant player) Only time will tell.
scored this season

now this is amazingly crazy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Him1(m): 2:26am On May 07, 2008
the main loss will be Hleb and not Flamini.
Flamini can be easily replaced, if we had Diarra we wont even be bothered.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:28am On May 07, 2008
debosky we both know that ade killed arsenal this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Him1(m): 2:29am On May 07, 2008
who are we buying shld be the issue on the table now not those who are leaving us.
Who is coming in? Every other team is making moves already and we are still busy crying over mr. Flamin Jeffers.

We are always being "linked" with every player that goes to another team, when will we buy one?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:30am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

the main loss will be Hleb and not Flamini.
Flamini can be easily replaced, if we had Diarra we wont even be bothered.

really shocked
diarra my foot
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Him1(m): 2:32am On May 07, 2008
All these players who are either too greedy or too eager to move clubs after one fluke season, where is Diarra now? Anywhere closer to the French team for Euro 2008?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 2:35am On May 07, 2008
I LIKE TO SEE QUARESMA PLAY FOR ARSENAL

makoun dude in lille is also good i think

carlos vela is coming back

a defender maybe mexes

and of course a good striker-i will be happy if wenger can pull a coup for benzema but i doubt it

i think Diarra is actually ahead of flamini in placement in the french national team
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:35am On May 07, 2008
i wouldnt call this season a fluke season for flamini, he only happened to play in his rightful position this season
we all know wut he did as a left back in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!
the guy paid his dues abeg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:37am On May 07, 2008
vicade:

I LIKE TO SEE QUARESMA PLAY FOR ARSENAL

makoun dude in lille is also good i think

carlos vela is coming back

a defender maybe mexes

and of course a good striker-i will be happy if wenger can pull a coup for benzema but i doubt it

i think Diarra is actually ahead of flamini in placement in the french national team

diarra ahead of flamini shocked shocked
that cant be true.
makoun is a terrible idea!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 2:39am On May 07, 2008
flamini is good but i don't see the reason for your outrage over him leaving: henry,pires,viera have left in the past so what

The game goes on and remember it is just a game. Relax and enjoy the game. As an arsenal fan, i adore watching cristiano ronaldo because i enjoy his game. IT IS ALL A  GAME.

GO and check all the qualifiers,Diarra always played ahead of flamini if need be and flamini has only capped once for france.

i also hear wenger is looking at yohann gourcuff of ac milan

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.