Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,683 members, 7,865,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518179 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 2:44am On May 07, 2008
u just dont get do u the reason we have gone trophyless for four seasons is cos we keep selling and we keep building every season only to sell again when they start gelling
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:48am On May 07, 2008
Ade killed who?? shocked

How many Strikers in the HISTORY of Arsenal have scored 30 goals a season??

Even Titi at his best did not have to soldier as the sole striker for as long as Ade did this season, yet he produced results. He is the BEST striker in the land, bar Ronaldo who is on another level altogether.

He's no Ian Wright, but he is the MOST PRODUCTIVE striker we have right now, so apart from Cesc, his place is also unquestioned.

The reason we struggle is not due to selling - we sold Ljunberg last season, please tell me the wonderful contribution he made at W'Ham, ditto for Henry, Aliadiere and co - tell me ANY of them who had a fantastic season that made you think 'we should not have sold him'.

Apart from losing Pires after the CL final, I have not regretted a single player departure in the past 3 years, they have all deserved to go. We simply have too many injury prone players IMO, if they were even fit for half the season, RVP and Rosicky alone could've given us that extra push over the finish line.

This season was not like the others - why is it so hard to see that?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 2:52am On May 07, 2008
tosinadeda:

u just don't get do u the reason we have gone trophyless for four seasons is because we keep selling and we keep building every season only to sell again when they start gelling
Really?
I wonder whether arsene wenger does not realise that. Maybe you should go and take over from wenger since you can see what wenger cannot see

or better still do you suggest that since you now know why we have not won any trophy in 3 seasons, and wenger does not know we should sack wenger instead of selling players?

p.s. if wenger leaves arseal today, most of those youngsters he had faith in and groomed including cesc fabregas will leave.

it has been a poor season because there was yet again no trophy, but arsenal did play some wonderful football and that is a very small consolation for me not to forget watching all those many last minute goals and comebacks
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 3:29am On May 07, 2008
Diarra is ahead of Flamini in the French Squad - he has more caps, and plays more regularly so that is no issue.

But he doesn't play in the middle like Flam for france at least, but he still is in the squad for now.

What do you know of Makoun to know he is a 'terrible idea?' have you seen him play? He has CL experience, is French/African and will come in and stay, he scores goals too. . .with MU and Chelski chock full of central midfielders, he probably won't be crazily expensive.

@ 4Him

the 'links' are not usually true, the real links come out sooner or later, and we usually don't get the 'expected' players. The stupid agents just say crap and link players to clubs to try to increase their cut or make the players more expensive.

The real links will be persistent but quiet - no one really believed we would get Sagna till he came. wink

PS - Wenger SELL EBOUE and play Vela when he comes, that MOFO has regressed since 06 when he was excellent.

who have we sold when they 'start gelling'??

I dislike this fly by night shallow analysis - The CORE of this team has remained, Flamini did not really want to stay, how is that selling? You can't force a player to stay, and given his previous history with Marseille, he was always going to take off regardless of what the club wanted. Hleb wants to go? Let him - I know he was good this season, but had MANY significant off days, with little end product

Rosicky scored more than him!! Enough said on this Flamini matter, the real loss in this case IMO was Diarra - he would be getting ready to form the dynamic midfield partnership with Cesc for the next 3-4 years now, instead he went for immediate gratification - the likes of Clichy have bided their time - the call ups will come soon enough.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2008
tosinadeda:

we both know that ade killed arsenal this season

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Which Ade were you referring to,Ade Bendel or Ade Houston?

Either this is a huge joke or you're just trying to look a gift horse in the mouth,i.e if you meant Ade25
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 9:14am On May 07, 2008
@ rasputinn
I don't know what Nigerians have against Ade.Maybe because of that name 'Adebayor'.
Maybe if he had an english sounding name like Martins or Cole OR a latin one like[i] Gomez [/i] , he won't be on the receiving end of such insults from them.
Against Manure, Ade missed a sitter against VDS and everyone shouted,Ade is an idiot,he'suseless etc.
A few minutes later,Shrek missed a sitter against Mad Jens and everyone clapped for Jens for saving Arsenal (I am not comparing Shrek with Ade,before a manc stroll in here to say all sorts tongue)
He wasn't prolific at all at Monaco and many wondered why AW brought him in in Jan 2006.
He scored on his debut at Birmingham(I wonder how many score on their debut).
He did not have a good campaign subsequently in 2006/2007,but let's be real, whoever thought Ade would score 30 goals in the 2007/2008 would have been deemed [i]crazy[/i]when the season began. lipsrsealed
Ade's game has developed and he was TREMENDOUS this season, even while not scoring in games,his link up play with midfielders has been great and he does harass and bully defenders.
Obviously, he ain't the finished article yet,but with what he has showed us this season,and if he really works hard, the sky is the limit.
Come on, whoever thought at the beginning of the season that Ade will be amongst the six nominated for the PFA awards, or even in the best starting 11 or that Ronaldo(manure) will vote for Ade as his player of the season
Please, spare Ade! He has had a good season!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:59am On May 07, 2008
My brothers, how una dey? I'm a fan of you guys football even though I support Chelsea and I like to discuss football with anyone, regardless of their club. What do you guys think of this article?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=686506

[center][size=14pt]Arsenal Fans Must Blame Wenger, Not Flamini[/size][/center]
Arsene Wenger has mishandled the Mathieu Flamini situation, and sent a very dangerous message to the rest of his team, writes Abhishek Thakur,

Only three years ago, as Arsenal prepared to move to The Emirates the following summer, the headlines were dominated by the fact that Thierry Henry was moving into the final 24 months of his contract.

Attempts to get him to sign on sold newspapers throughout the season, and it was public knowledge that he would be on his way to Barcelona if he did not.

He did eventually commit in an emotional moment after the Champions League final – a decision he was to reverse the following summer – but the astute Wenger had taken no chances as far as the club's future was concerned.

The key point is that he understood the importance of the moment – they needed their skipper and star player as they moved to a big stadium and into a new era. He broke the trend, and Arsenal's wage policy, to hand the Frenchman a mammoth five year deal, one which put him at par with Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack as far as the rich list went. Smart move.

As Henry was signing, a certain Mathieu Flamini was moving into his final 24 months. Did anyone even care?

What You Did Last Summer

Fast forward to last summer, when Flamini was moving into the final 12 months of his contract. He was, once again, conveniently ignored. What was 'the professor' doing? He was getting Cesc Fabregas – who had light years to run on his deal – to sign a massive extension through to 2014.

So, before one demands loyalty from Flamini, one has to ask whether Arsenal were loyal to him. If that was business, so is this. The only reason he was not offered a new deal was because Wenger thought he was expendable at that point. He might as well have been shown the proverbial finger.

Put yourself in Flamini's shoes for a moment. Would you grudge him for feeling treated like a second rate player? You move into the final year of your contract and watch as a teammate signs on for seven seasons. The person who has to answer for this is Wenger. The Arsenal manager knew full well what he was doing, and it is he who must carry the can, not Flamini.

Personally, I strongly believe that the hugely improved midfielder should still have stayed at the club. He will never mean to Milan what he could have to Arsenal, just like Henry will never mean to Barcelona what he could have had he retired at the Emirates. But that is a moot point.

What About Last Month?

Let us move on, assuming Wenger took a calculated business decision, and assuming he thought he could get Flamini to sign on. Let us now look dispassionately at what has happened over the last month. Let's talk business.

Within six months, the midfielder's stock had risen, and with that the interest of other clubs – particularly as he was available on a free. That was the risk Wenger had taken.

Flamini's agents advised him to hold out for a meaty offer. Wenger was to refuse, and made it very public that he would not be blackmailed into breaking his wage policy – the very policy he had broken to keep Thierry Henry at the club.

Another finger, only this time, the player decided to respond in kind. Within six hours of Arsenal's final game, he was in Milan, and another 18 hours later, he had completed a medical and signed on for four seasons at around 4 million euros per year (equivalent to around ₤60K per week). Supposedly, Arsenal would not go beyond ₤50K.

I would rate Flamini at around ₤10-12 million today, even if I was to be conservative. Now, Wenger will go into the market, and probably spend at least ₤8 million as he looks to shore up his midfield again. Flamini, in that sense, would have been a free-transfer, so that eight million could easily be amortised into an extra two million over four seasons.

Even from a purely business perspective, it makes no sense to let him go and then spend more money on a replacement. If Henry earned in excess of ₤100K, surely Flamini could have been offered more than ₤50K as a player effectively signed for free. There have been some great French mathematicians in the past. Arsene clearly doesn't tow that line.

What Message Does This Send?

And the most concerning bit is yet to come. In doing all this, Arsene has broken up a midfield partnership that was perfect for the way he likes to play his football. We have seen some absolutely amazing stuff from Arsenal this season, and a lot has to do with how Flamini has combined with Fabregas. Arsene must now strive to recreate that from scratch, with a player who may or may not suit Cesc's style.

What is more, by losing a key player, he has sent a very dangerous message to the rest of his team. With a new deal for Flamini wrapped up, today, he would have been thinking of consolidating for an even stronger assault on Manchester United. Every Arsenal fan would have been thumping his chest proudly.

Instead, he has told Cesc Fabregas, Emmanuel Adebayor and Alexander Hleb that he is unwilling or unable to do what it takes to keep this team together. Nice way that to demand trust.

The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter and Milan interested in one or more of those players, who will surely have been disillusioned somewhat by the developments. Reports this morning already claim that Fabregas is unsettled after Flamini's departure. Real Madrid circle over him, while Inter refuse to give up on Hleb. The chest thumping fan has been replaced by a worried one!

'Hey gaffer, if you care so much about building a team, why did you not keep Flamini?' That could so easily be the refrain, one that Wenger might struggle to respond to as mega offers start coming in. There will be teams willing to offer Adebayor and Hleb ₤80K per week, and Madrid and Barcelona would probably hand Fabregas a bumper ₤120K. Worrying times at The Emirates, and of their own doing.

Be it lopsided priorities last summer, poor mathematics last month, or simply a sloppy estimation of the damage this exit could cost, there is only one person who must answer for this. So, before Arsenal fans abuse Flamini, they must ask their professor how he managed to land the club just where they were two years ago.

To conclude, what would have been a summer of strengthening for Wenger now threatens to turn into three months spent desperately trying to hold on to his key players. This desperation was already evident in some of his comments about Adebayor on Monday, as well as his anger towards Ramon Calderon.

Talk about swinging the axe onto your own foot! Sorry Arsene, but you have got this one completely wrong.

Abhishek Thakur
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 11:23am On May 07, 2008
@Ibime
Nice link and the writeup was spot on. Man Management is part of being a Great Coach.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2008
@ Ibime,

God Bless You . . . .

That was a well-articulated piece. . . .
Letz see what Arsene's ass-licker(Debosky) will have to say to this. . . . . I am yet to see the most myopic football fan.
When Arsenal lose, Debosky will come here to say it is good for the team as it will form a cohesive bond. . . He spews nonsense.
If u ask him about Arsenal's 3rd TROPHYLESS SEASON, Debosky will say that was in the blueprint before the season kicked off.

@ Debosky,

The amount of balderdash that comes out of your gay mouth these days is worrying.
How can u say the players that left Arsenal haven't really been a ball of fire in their different clubs. . . . Can u compare Ljunberg's West Ham to a quality team like Arsenal? That your analysis is horrendously flawed. . . .

Wenger's man management is nothing to write home about. . . . I can do better as a manager.
Flamini and Cesc's cohesion should have been preserved by all means. . . . Wenger will now go to Swaziland or Comoros Island to sign anutha player who might gel with Cesc or not OR probably take anutha couple of seasons to be like Flamini. . . .Thats a huge risk.

Anutha TROPHYLESS SEASON beckons. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 12:13pm On May 07, 2008
Nice write up.
But I am not sure AW should take the blame.How do u stand in the way of a player who is a free agent?
AW has never stood in the way of a player who wants to leave.He has his faults(plenty)but this wasn't his.
But let's be frank. wink
Flamini is no Henry just like Cashley is no Henry.
I see no comparison at all.
IMO,Flamini would still have left, even if he was offered something more or even if we had won the league or the CL
only that he was professional about it and still gave 110%.Me thinks, he had made up his  mind a long time ago
Like someone opined, he has had a fantastic season.What's the guarantee that he would have another super season??
Last season, he was about to be off loaded to Birmingham, now a chance to play for AC MIlan comes up,of course he would jump at it.
Remember in all his years at Arsenal, he's been a squad player,from midfield to left back, to right  back etc.
This season is the longest, he's ever played for Arsenal.
What if next season, he suffers a loss of form,next thing would be, how we will off load him to Norwich or Charlton(apology to the fans).
In life, we take risks.
Matthieu has taken one.
He gave his all when he was a gunner.Hope he does well at AC Milan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 12:30pm On May 07, 2008
HNIC:

Nice write up.
But I am not sure AW should take the blame.How do u stand in the way of a player who is a free agent?

Did Flamster suddenly become a free agent?
When Arsenal kept adding more years to Cesc's contracts, why didn't he pay attention to Flamini then.
Lets call a spade a spade. . . .Your manager is a Arrow. grin grin grin

Only an idiot of a gaffer will let a player like Flamini go. . . . .
It's like letting Hargreaves leave Man Utd. . . Flamini is an utility player with 110% commitment.
AC Milan will be licking their lips. . . .who would Arsenal buy to replace him? Maybe anutha Diaby from Lesotho.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 12:37pm On May 07, 2008
If Wenger is indeed an Economist as he claimed, he could have given the poor boy £65k a week then sold him off thereafter.

Arsenal could have make a lot of money on that.

Let see how he manage alex's own
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2008
d'oh  

what exactly is spectacular about that write-up  undecided

what was said that we all havent read here, either in form of Arsene-bashing or even Flamini-bashing  tongue

@HNIC

I categorically said that our most influential players this season would be ADE, CESC, HLEB and I rightly left out Flamini, though he was given a chance to prove himself which he did, I dont think he is all that, EVEN THE BEST OF PLAYERS CHANGE CLUBS ! let him leave, whaddahell ?

this might just be his journey into obscurity . .who knows  

Adebayor to me, has been phenomenal this season and anyone that feels otherwise needs to go see his shrink  cool

AND YET WE STILL ASK THE QUESTION, SINCE THE EPL STARTED HOW MANY PLAYERS HAVE SCORED 30 GOALS OR MORE ?  
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 12:49pm On May 07, 2008
@ article
I dont think many arsenal fans would be so pissed with Flam, he did what any body would have done.

At te same time i wonder how many coaches would have given flamini a new contract 12 months ago.
U must understand that for the most part of last year Wenger handled coaching affairs and football admin issues.  it is almost impossible 2 handle the two without one suffering, apparently player contracts and related issues suffered, there is presently no director of football @ arsenal at the moment, Edelman(the closest to tht) was more of a business guru than an adminstator of football. He's going now since his job is done(stadium, highbury plots, long term future) to be replaced with someone with a better sense of a football admin, who helps in players contracts etc

Flamini can go. He isnt irreplaceable!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2008
Mc Omo:

1) what exactly is spectacular about that write-up undecided

2) this might just be his journey into obscurity . .who knows

1) I dont even bother to read the write-up

2) Yes "Might", it can also be his best move financially and football-wisely like Bentley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Ibime(m): 2:21pm On May 07, 2008
Firstly, it is not my write-up. I don't write editorials, only news stories. I think it is a good write-up though.

I think Flamini will be a star at AC Milan. His name will be recognised as much as Patrick Vieira's and he can cement his France spot. No matter how long he stayed at Arsenal, he would never have been one of their top stars. However, if you look around Europe at the big name players in his position - Yaya Toure, Seydou Keita, Makalele, Mascherano, Vieira, Cambiasso, Diarra, even Toulalan - they all have big names and stellar reputations - which Flamini does not. I think it is time for him to take his place amongst these so called big names because he is every bit as good as they are. I don't think he would have got that recognition at Arsenal because he will always have that 'squad player' tag attached to his name. You also have to understand that his father is Italian so in a sense, he is going home.

I think the same applies to Alex Hleb. He is a top midfielder whose name can be mentioned with the best - but it is not. I think he can also cement his reputation in Italy. I am not dissing Arsenal but I think certain players there are very much underappreciated in terms of their reputation and image. IMO, Alex Song is another great player who can easily replace Flamini - we saw at the African Nations Cup how he single handedly held down Cameroon's midfield with great tactical awareness and wonderful passing ability. But if he replaces Flamini and does well, will he get the recognition he also deserves?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:23pm On May 07, 2008
Firstly the write up was rubbish tongue (No disrespect to Ibime who i respect on the forum), comparing Henry to Flamini is the biggest insult anyone can give).

Secondly, PLEASE HAS ANYONE SEEN MAJORITY OF GUNNERS EITHER CUSSING FLAMINI OR BLAMING WENGER FOR FLAMINI'S EXIT all this interest is coming from the press and folks like Jackal who have nothing else to do than focus on Arsenal tongue Thats how he and his Man Servant went on about an "Imminent take over", till that died down.

Now its "Arsenal will fall apart" and "Mass Exodus in Arsenal", when willyou guys give up this rubbish

FLAMINI HAS GONE!! Thats the end of that, can he be replaced!? HELL bleeping YES!! Will he be replaced? DEFINATELY!! So whats all the fuss about, or has Flamini suddenly become Viera

Players will move where ever they want, as Jackal even noted, Divino will eventually move to Real M, not because he cannot achieve stuff with United, but because Real M is a bigger club than Scum United, the same way Milan is a biger club than Arsenal, so why shouldn't Flamini take the offer

Afterall he did the same thing when he was in France, so why the hue and cry over him going to Milan (after confessing his love for Juve ) THATS LIFE GUYS!!

Theo left Southhampton to come to Arsenal even when Redknapp wanted him to stay longer, Essien forced his move from Lyon to Chelsea, ballack forced his move from Bayern to Chelsea, these things happen.

Look at this situation at Villa;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3872782.ece

Will we now say O'neill is not a good manager if Barry leaves Villa for a bigger club Thank God Martin O sorted it out;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/aston_villa/article3882706.ece

As Blogger stated, the AST met with Wenger and this was what was addressed;

"On Flamini, Wenger said that Flamini had left purely because of the
money on offer. He commended the Board for having done the maximum they
could to make Flamini a good offer within sensible limits. Interestingly
he pointed out that one of the risks of having overseas players at the
club is that they are attuned to the concept of moving clubs.

On transfer activity. He said he was looking for a defensive player, to
address the team’s weakness defending route one. He said we defended as
well as Manchester United and Chelsea from set pieces and open play; but
not the long ball aimed down the middle and he would address this. He
also said he wanted a creative player and told Ken Friar that he
shouldn’t plan for much of a holiday as the phone would be busy.

He was very clear that he did not want Hleb to leave. He said that he
was sceptical that the Webster clause would be invoked. (This is
probably a reference to the gentleman’s agreement between clubs not to
do the dirty on each other). In Wengers own words, ‘we have lost one
player and we do not want to lose any more’."

Flamin left on good terms, and he gave his all for the cause, AND EVERY GUNNER APPRECIATES HIS EFFORTS AND WISH HIM WELL, The same way we wished Overmars and Edu well when they left, so whats this rubbish of folks trying to paint another picture

Anyways, doomsayers will be more happy with this; cry cry

http://jakartacasual..com/2008/05/more-bad-news-for-arsenal-fans.html

ARSENAL IS BOUND TO CRUMBLE NOW!! cry cry

Speaking of uncertainty, Akola (and Ibime) comment on this, since you like commenting on Arsenal and Arsene grin grin

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article3858294.ece

grin GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:31pm On May 07, 2008
Ibime tongue

That logic is flawed to say the least, Did players like Henry, Vieira, Bergy, Anelka, Cesc Fabregas, and others not get their recognition playing for Arsenal

Henry is the player he is BECAUSE HE PLAYED FOR ARSENAL FC.

Cesc fab got his chance to show what he can do at ARSENAL FC.

Dennis B retired from Arsenal as a flipping football Legend.

Paddy V will always be associated with Arsenal.

Kanu N will also be remembered for his time with Arsenal FC.

So what the hell are you on about

If that was the case, why didn't players like Edu become stars after they left, What happened to Reyes Is Baptista any bigger having played for Madrid-Arsenal-Madrid Did Anelka win FIFA Player of the yea when he left Arsenal Oh Diarra is now a big star at Pompey

Everyone wishes Flamini well, and he will always be grateful to Arsene Wenger for what he contributed to his footie knowledge, if he becomes a World Star, fair play to him, the lad deserves it, but a star can come from anywhere, doesn't have to be at a particular club, Berbatov is a star, yet he plies his trade with the flappers at Spurs, SO GO FIGURE MATE!! tongue The only reason he wants to leave is because of the UCL, if Spurs were in the UCL, Le Sulk (2) would not leave the Lilly Whites, and he would still be considered a star!!

Wasn't Scarface a star before he signed for Nazikanu FC Have they made him into a bigger Star

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Ibime(m): 2:43pm On May 07, 2008
^^^No, that is not the point. Reyes was a flop. Flamini was not. As for Edu, injuries have ended that debate. Even in your run to the CL final two years ago, Flamini played a brilliant role at left back. Plus, I have always been impressed with his workrate and technical proficiency as far back as 3 years ago. Flamini's performances should have guaranteed him a new contract as far back as two years ago, even before the stellar season he's just had. Look at Man Utd and Chelsea - John O'Shea, Paulo Ferreira and players of that nature always get their contract renewed. How much more a player like Flamini? The article is asking why Wenger waited till this season to even begin discussions over a new contract. That would never happen at Chelsea or Man utd. Even if you take the Flamini of two years ago - he was competent at DM, competent at LB and RB. Which squad will not want a player like that? Now, he is superb at DM, which I always thought he would be. It's Arsenal's loss, any way you look at it.

Now the reason I think he moved is this - Vieira's performances in Italy over the last 2 years do not come close to Flamini's, yet Vieira is first pick for France. What will they say when Flamini goes to Milan and outshines him week in, week out? Flamini's reputation will skyrocket. Have you heard what they are saying about Momo Sissoko over there? Sissoko is suddenly a huge star in Italy. This is a player who could not even trap ball at Liverpool.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 2:51pm On May 07, 2008
@ Loyika,

You are a Arrow!!!!!!

However, u are a reasonable Arrow unlike Debosky. . . . . . .
One thang about y'all GAYnners is u shy away from the truth!!!!!!! Your manager's man-management skills should be questioned. Comapring Flamini to Edu and Diarra is a bit short-sighted. . . . . U can do better than that, hombre!!!

Wenger must be frustrated rather than satisfied as he is going into the summer.
Granted, Arsenal played their fair share of expansive football this season and any astute manager would have been looking to strengthen the bunch rather than lose the key members. . . .

Mathieu Flamini was arguably Arsenal's most improved and consistently impressive player this season. . . .Even the likes of Cesc, Adebayor, Clichy all suffered loss of form at one period or the other but Flamini never put a foot wrong throughout the campaign. Wenger must be an idiot to lose such a fine player and the prospects of his partnership with Fabregas in the midfield.

Wenger must review his ideology,he cannot win anything with kids in the is Premiership. . . his rivals are way stronger than his set-up.
He was hoping to tweak his squad in the summer not completely over-hauling it. . . . .Wenger must hope his new buys would gel as quickly as Bacary Sagna but how often does that happen?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2008
Ibime

You disappoint me, Didn't Scum United get into it with Wes Brown Aren't Ronnie and Deco planning to quit Barca. Isn't Drogs planning on quiting (more like he might be booted out for sh@t stirring grin), Didn't Lampard drag out his contract talks, didn't Terry ask for an unreasonable wage increase

Ibime, PLAYERS LEAVE FOR DIFFERENT REASONS MATE!! Flamini choose to go to Milan, Lungberg choose to go to West Ham, Sheva choose to come to Chelsea grin Sidwell choose to leave a team where he was playing regularly to come to where the groundsmen don't even recognise him grin grin grin

Ibime, players do whatever they like, the gaffers can only try their best, United offered everything Heinze could want, BUT HE STILL WANTED TO GO TO THEIR NEAREST RIVALS shocked

Figo left Barca to go to Madrid shocked

Flamini has gone, we all wish him well, LET IT GO MATE!! cool

cool GOONER 89

Chacal tongue

I thought you had lost it, now i know you have gone bonkers embarassed WILL YOU COME HERE AND SAY FLAMINI IS A BETTER FOOTBALLER TO EDU AND DIARRA

If you have nothing to say, just keep quiet bro tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 3:02pm On May 07, 2008
@ Jackal,
How can u compare Fab4 with Flamini? grin grin grin
Flamini was nicknamed 'headless' chicken by the gunners and called a weak Ray Parlour.
Up until 05/06 Cl run in where he played at Left Back, he was tagged another of AW's useless buy.
In fact, he only cemented his place in the first team this season.
So why should a Cesc type of offer be on the table before this season?
No fault of AW at all,the lad decided his time with Arsenal was up and has moved on.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:04pm On May 07, 2008
Question to you all, apart from Flamini and Crazy Jens; WHO ELSE HAS LEFT ARSENAL!?

JESUS H CHRIST!! You guys should give all this Flamini talk a rest pleaseeeeeeee tongue tongue tongue tongue

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:21pm On May 07, 2008
Typical Loyika grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:34pm On May 07, 2008
Typical Kolawolesky grin grin

Avoiding the Chelsea topic grin grin

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article3858294.ece

Instead of wasting time on Flamini, lets see how we can get into this club cool

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/

Now thats the Club i want to belong to cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 3:47pm On May 07, 2008
@ Loyika,

Now you are moving from being a reasonable Arrow to an irritating one!!!!!

Stop comparing Arsenal to Man Utd, Chelsea, Milan, Madrid or Barcelona.
A club like Arsenal that can only boast of 14 good players should not be booting players off. . . .They should be adding.
Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and even Tottenham can hang on to their present squad and compete next season. . .Arsenal cannot do that.

Any player that moves away from Arsenal is a LOSS never mind him being a good player like FLAMINI.
If Diarra had stayed at Arsenal your season would have shaped better but moronic Wenger let him leave to Pompey.
I just cannot understand why y'all blind Gaynners cannot see the rot and decay in ur team. . . .Wenger is sending wrong signals to other players.

@ HNIC,

Headless chicken or not aint the issue anymore.
JS Park was once known as a headless chicken. . . . He is now an integral member of the United's starting XI.
Drogba wasn't exactly a ball of fire in his 1st 2 seasons. . . . I can go on and on. . . . .
Only an idiot will say Flamini does not deserve 70k per week at Arsenal. . . . This was the same Wenger who sank on his knees to beg Henry and changed the contract policies of the over-30s just to satisfy Thierry Henry. . . .Where is the consistency?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:54pm On May 07, 2008
@Jackal

The worse part of it was Wenger has jujulise and pocketalise all their fans grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:57pm On May 07, 2008
Chacal

The same way we can't understand why all this shyte bothers you. JESUS MATE ARE YOU AN ARSENAL FAN IN DISGUISE, THE WAY YOU GO ON AND ON WITH WENGER THIS!! ARSENAL THAT!!

If Arsenal are going to be relegated, why should that give you sleepless nights

Try enrolling in a yoga class or go to Soho and get laid or something, just give the "Arsenal are doomed" talk a flipping rest for like 4 hours pleaseeeeeeeeee!! That is not the most importanmt thing there is to talk about is it

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Ibime(m): 3:59pm On May 07, 2008
The Diarra I mentioned was Mahamadou Diarra, not Lassana oh! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:02pm On May 07, 2008
Akola

Your case is "a pot calling a kettle black", coming from someone who supports a team where the owner has turned you all into "Muppets" we take that as a compliment grin grin

Stop avoiding the article i put up tongue You like bringing up stuff on Arsenal, but you shy away from chelsea issues, ADDRESS THE CHELSEA ISSUE!! grin Is Roman getting tired of watching boring football (even if he gets to hold aloof the UCL trophy come may 21st). WHAT A FLIPPING IRONY!! Reminds me of Alanis Morrisette grin grin

grin GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2008
@Loyiks

Post Chelsea stuff in Chelsea thread. Dont behave like millitant tongue

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1136382.ece

"I must say I am disappointed that he did that but legally he can do it. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:11pm On May 07, 2008
Kolawolesky grin

I am sure Mukina will not mind this once, and i crave the indulgence of my fellow gunners, SO ANSWER THE ARTICLE HERE grin grin

And for someone who criticises hearsay papers like the Sun, you sure do quote them alot when it comes to issues that concern Wenger

I guess you pick and choose what Sun articles you love reading and quoting right tongue

tongue GOONER 89

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.