Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,859 members, 7,862,818 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517701 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:26am On May 09, 2008
Cougar:

is this true? alexander hleb is buying out the final 2 years of his contract for 3 million??
as much as i cannot stand arsenal, hleb is one player i admire.
is arsenal crumbling as a club?

OH, You haven't heard, there are many more players to follow,including Eboue, Senderos, Djorou,Song and even the gaffer is leaving.(Don't forget that the MD has left also)
At this rate, Lady Nina and the rest of the tight fisted board may pick up shirts and lace boots when the league starts around early AUgust and we may sign up some cheap African starlets from Mauritania and Cape Verde before the window closes. grin grin grin

Don't u guys get tired of fanthoming every year that Arsenal is about to DIE
When Paddy left,same story,when Henry left,same thing,
I have even heard here that AW was stupid to let Ljunberg go.
Is it not the same Ljungberg that West Ham is questioning their mental state for actually signing him. They are on their knees begging him to go. grin grin grin
I think some guys are secretly fans of Arsenal. tongue
Guess that's why they are more worried than the REAL stake holders
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 9:05am On May 09, 2008
According to the Daily Mail, Emmanuel Adebayor has threatened to throw Arsenal into full-blown crisis by following Mathieu Flamini and Alexander Hleb out the door unless they make him into one of the Premier League's top earners

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=689254
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 9:13am On May 09, 2008
one wish i want AW to do is to break the salary structure of the club. arsenal shld be the least paying team in the big 4. why cant he just make these players earn cash like their mate with all their contributions. thats why a player will always jump at a mega bucks from a big team else where. ashley cole did, flamini left, hleb is going and adebayor wants to go too? why cant he just up their wages
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:14am On May 09, 2008
dayokanu:

According to the Daily Mail, Emmanuel Adebayor has threatened to throw Arsenal into full-blown crisis by following Mathieu Flamini and Alexander Hleb out the door unless they make him into one of the Premier League's top earners

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=689254

Huhh,why do they always rush to press with this balderdash of a news item
pleaaaaase
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:17am On May 09, 2008
topeorekoy:

one wish i want AW to do is to break the salary structure of the club. why can't he just make these players earn cash like their mate

Afterall they are professional footballers and there's a professional rate that obtains @ their level
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 9:25am On May 09, 2008
Who in this world can resist higher wages Maybe rassputin but not dayokanu, Ashley cole, Flamini, Hleb and probably Adebayor
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jaymes(m): 9:28am On May 09, 2008
UP GUNNERS!!!!! FOR LIFE!!!!!!!
whats up guys, any speculations as to who Wenger is buying? becos i think we need a striker, this one that eduardo is out! and Adebayor should better not be leaving, cos the club will be in ruins, Abeg O!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 9:54am On May 09, 2008
jaymes:

UP GUNNERS!!!!! FOR LIFE!!!!!!!
whats up guys, any speculations as to who Wenger is buying? because i think we need a striker, this one that eduardo is out! and Adebayor should better not be leaving, because the club will be in ruins, Abeg O!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You better start supporting Wikki Tourist.
There would be little heartbreaks. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2008
He deserves a wage increment. A 30 goal striker earning 35k per week! Haba Wengylo! Wenger is a slave master. sad sad Adebayor Milan,Intern,Barca,Madrid are all for you. Leave that Prof and find a better life. Afterall,he has threatened you that you could become a nobody.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2008
@bluehorizo

are u sure that is the correct id u would have loved to use or u just cant type right to save ur life ? tongue undecided

shut da hell up . . . .none of ur biz !!! tongue

@All

If there is any one that deserves a higher pay, it has to be Adebayor . . .motivate him now with that, get him another quality pair upfront not some Hleb-bing options, or lone striker options AND HE WOULD FLY cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2008
dayokanu:

Who in this world can resist higher wages Maybe rassputin but not dayokanu, Ashley cole, Flamini, Hleb and probably Adebayor

Is your intellectual depth that shallow?
What in my last post suggested I was against higher wages?
Duuuhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2008
Ajegunle militant,wetin now? Shebi i'm only advocating for Ade's wage rise. No bad belle tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:29am On May 09, 2008
carry ur blue self out of this thread jare . . .u be Adebayor broda tongue undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Mustay(m): 12:23pm On May 09, 2008
GOOD BOY ashley

u knew arsenal could never win you the ucl! grin grin grin tongue tongue cool

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2008
I still ponder and wonder why so many non-fans are this much interested in the dealings at Arsenal.Only Flamster has been confirmed as an ex-gunner.Nothing official as per the rest.
Now everyone is interested in everything about Arsenal's wage structure.
I think I even heard last nite that some back room staff and several ball boys at the emirates have tendered their resignation letters.They just found out that they can earn thrice what they are earning at some other epl clubs.Heard one or two will be off to Italy grin grin grin grin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:49pm On May 09, 2008
dont mind them . . .bloody voyeurs ! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by baddestguy: 12:52pm On May 09, 2008
http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=689059

Arsenal In Tatters As Hleb Follows Flamini

THIS IS A REALLY SAD STORY, AS MUCH AS I WILL LIKE TO CONSOLE MYSELF THAT THIS MIGHT STILL BE A RUMOUR. . . I HAVE TO FACE REALITY. . .

HLEB IS GOING. . . I HATE WENGER
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 1:01pm On May 09, 2008
Hleb and flamini were almost nobody before they came to arsenal. Wenger will replcate them. If cesc fabregas could replcae viera and Clichy (who is better than ashley cole) could replace ashley cole and henry could score only about 12 goals for barca while adebayor scored 30 goals,Ljunberg is forgettable thanks to cameo performances from walcott. i M CONFIDENT.

LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, AT LEAST for one wenger knows he has to spend big during the summer and has admitted into bringing experienced players. i heaar Alberto Aqualini of AS Roma is on his books too.

AND REMEMBER GUNNERS, THIS SAME PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING ARSENAL IN TATTERS WERE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PREDICTED ARSENAL TO TAKE FIFTH OR SIXTH PLACE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON BECAUSE HENRY LEFT.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by baddestguy: 1:12pm On May 09, 2008
3RD IS NOT TOO FAR FROM 5TH . . . BUT YOU HAVE A POINT SHA. . .
. . . AND ABOUT CLICHY, WALCOTT. .E.T.C, URE RITE BUT ARSENAL IS BECOMING A SELLING CLUB, WE HAD TWO OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN EUROPE IN HLEB AND FLAMINI. . .NOW WE HAVE TO START DEVELOPING ALL OVER AGAIN. . .DAMN!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dejilegs(m): 1:43pm On May 09, 2008
the simple truth is, Arsenal will still be BIG next season,
football'ing' is just like working, a new company gives u an offer with higher pay or u think the new company will take u to higher places but,
it doesn't always work out, if Henry cud turn bac the hands of time, do u think he wud re-choose the Barca offer?

i respect Flamini's move, his contract is off, but Hleb and Adebayor, though still speculations, can leave if they want.
the best way to scare off buyers on players u don't want to go is to put an 'unreasonably' huge tag on them, if anyone buys them at that rate, FINe!!!

I mean, ow can Adebayor ask for 85k a week from a former of 35k, aba , if u were the coach, will u approve that?, especially from a player who can't do it all.
Adebayor is good but has a 1001 weak-points. if him wan go, fine,
u buy another big player with the money and still get it going,

The thing is, Wenger doesn't just think of winning trophies with his boys, he's into developing their lifes, and thats y he doesn't hav the thing for 'made' players, most are stubborn,,,

but he sure needs to buy some good ones this time.

Arsenal will get better by nex season , take it or leave it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2008
The Grapevine has it in Spain that Pep Guardiola is planning a summer clear out and that players that will be shown the exit door include-Gudhessen,Dinho,Edmilson,Henry,Dos Santos,Thuram,Oleguer,Jorquera,Yaya Toure .
I think Yaya would be a good acquisition after we missed out on him when he was still in Greece.
Hope AW will be monitoring the situation.

Meanwhile, this looks good if it's true

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/09/sfnars109.xml
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 4:20pm On May 09, 2008
Cech must be a wicked guy, anyway its not his fault.
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=688732

Mass exodus, i said it sometimes last two months.
Let sit and admire what is happening but at the same time its not good for EPL.
As only the chavs will challenge the might Reds.
Wenger pls keep them players and buy more even from Oldham. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by JUNIT1(m): 5:34pm On May 09, 2008
what are we discussing all this things for, wenger will do whatever he wants to do, don't be suprised if he doesn't sign any recognisable player this season, every year we keep on getting dissapointed with the names he brings in, and also you never know, you might not no the player but wenger knoes just how to select the right player we need, look at sagna.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 5:42pm On May 09, 2008
J UNIT:

what are we discussing all this things for, wenger will do whatever he wants to do, don't be suprised if he doesn't sign any recognisable player this season, every year we keep on getting dissapointed with the names he brings in, and also you never know, you might not no the player but wenger knoes just how to select the right player we need, look at sagna.
Then why are you getting disappointed every year. I think this guy(wenger) has taken all of una brain box or you guys just dashed it out to some people.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 6:39pm On May 09, 2008
Players' exit can be blamed on Wenger, he likes to keep them but he's sometimes left with little to do; Flamoney knew what he was plying for and that's revealed. Arsenal could to do better without him, Hleb leaves arsenal for Inter at his own peril.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dangermous: 6:40pm On May 09, 2008
Una don hear say Kranjcar dey go Arsenal.

Imagine, una lose Hleb Phantom, buy Kranjcar Peugeot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2008
Who knew flamoni when he was laving Marseille for Arsenal. Do you ever xpected to become a big figure like this
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2008
i am happy for chelsea fans but i think they still need to remember that unless they win the champions league this season, Arsene wenger alone has won for arsenal three premier league titles and four FA cup titles in less than ten years.

OUR dear chelsea have also won in their entire history and with over 20 coaches and over 100 years the same amount of rophies that arsene wenger alone not to talk about other coaches have won with arsenal

However, hiatory is history, but wenger will get it right sooner or later and that is why arsenal is special:

EVEN AS THINGS ARE BAD, THERE ARE MORE CHANCES OF AVRAM GRANT GETTING FIRED THAN ARSENE WENGER LEAVING!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2008
dangermous:

Una don hear say Kranjcar dey go Arsenal.

Imagine, una lose Hleb Phantom, buy Kranjcar Peugeot.

i was reading a bbc sports forun 606 that was comaparing hleb and kranjcar. Hleb is fantastic in his dribbling and hiss passing is second only to fabregas however some argued he is not a finished product. for example he will not score screamers from distance , he is not good in the air, he is not good in taking free kicks and his finishing at times can be poor.

Hleb is a great player but if he leaves, he can be repleaced. Afterall someone was playing the positions before hleb and flamini came and now they want to go someone else will step in their shoes. tHEY CAN BE REPLACED IF THIS GUYS BELOW WERE REPLACED:

WHERE IS HENRY NOW?
WHERE IS VIERA NOW?
WHERE IS PIRES NOW?
WHERE IS LJUNBERG NOW?
WHERE IS JOSE ANTONIO REYES NOW?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:12pm On May 09, 2008
vicade:

However, hiatory is history, but wenger will get it right sooner or later and that is why arsenal is special:

EVEN AS THINGS ARE BAD, THERE ARE MORE CHANCES OF AVRAM GRANT[b] GETTING FIRED THAN ARSENE WENGER LEAVING[/b]!!!

Yes Wenger cannot be fired because the vision of Arsenal'smanagement's is different AND LIMITED.

Rijkaard with the goodies he has done was fired.

Jose was fired.

Wenger will not be fired because their management dont care about trophies but remainning in the Premiership grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 7:22pm On May 09, 2008
Akolawole:

Yes Wenger cannot be fired because the vision of Arsenal'smanagement's is different AND LIMITED.

Rijkaard with the goodies he has done was fired.

Jose was fired.

Wenger will not be fired because their management don't care about trophies but remainning in the Premiership grin

That is the most intelligent thing i have heard all year. You should be proud of yourself for making such a statement. Now give yourself a wonderful round of applause, smiley smiley smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 7:23pm On May 09, 2008
now coming from an agbalagbi like Akolawole . . .u ought to be slapped  angry

is Wenger responsible for Chelski's poor record in English footie . . .or need I remind u that ur club is the 14th most successful club in England  undecided

Wenger can not be sacked cos he has given more to the game than Rijkaard or Jose can ever claim  tongue

P.S what does Jose Mumurinho do for a living these days  tongue  grin  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.