Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15707 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Sep 13, 2008
dreday:

I believe the poster [size=20pt]DID NOT[/size] say that these things will happen overnight,but I believe that yes,they will happen.
Nigeria will work.It will take time,yes.It will take dedicated men and women,yes,but look around u if u will.
You will see such people springing up everyday.
We're better as a nation today than we were last year.And last year was better than two years ago and two years ago was definitely better than 1998.
It is gradual.You may not notice it when it's happening but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

It can happen overnight, only question is are the Nigerian people willing to Let it happen ?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by dreday(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2008
I re-iterate that it cannot happen overnight.
No good thing just happens overnight.History has taught us that and we must be honest and admit that Nigeria's case is more peculiar than that of most other nations.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by zelaws: 10:40am On Sep 13, 2008
the dream of the poster (RHINO) is not a mere dream but a dream that will surely come to pass
testimony of changes in the nation is withnessed in the telecom industry,
lagos in the past 4 months is witnessing a major change in transportation sector
surely we will get there.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2008
Dreamers are liying to people , witha promise of future Utopia. Its another form of 419 scam

IBB dream with vision 2000 - Over 5 billion dollars cannot be accounted for
Abacha dream with vision 2010 - Over 7 billion Dollars went missing
Present regime are dreaming with 2020 - our money is going down the drain

We are tired of dreams, tell us the truth, we want reality
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2008
this is reality-

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2008
Kobojunkie:

It can happen overnight, only question is are the Nigerian people willing to Let it happen ?
The most difficult thing for any human is change, nothing comes without a fight, we not asking for this o happen overnight, it is all abt the process of getting to the promise land, we can all do it, we need all hands on the deck.

bilymuse:

Dreamers are liying to people , witha promise of future Utopia. Its another form of 419 scam

IBB dream with vision 2000 - Over 5 billion dollars cannot be accounted for
Abacha dream with vision 2010 - Over 7 billion Dollars went missing
Present regime are dreaming with 2020 - our money is going down the drain

We are tired of dreams, tell us the truth, we want reality

You are very right bro, all these pple promised us changes, but they werent able to deliver and the bad news is that no one will be able to deliver, but we need a govt where we can all be a party to it, where we can be the dsigner of our own destiny, where we will all see nigeria as our our company and we wanna see it suceed, where we all see Nigeria as our baby, and we want the best for her, it is not jst what Nigeria can offer us, but for once, let us find ot what Nigeria need and what we can do for her
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by anonimi: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2008
when we[b] (you & I)[/b] stop praising and honoring the thieves who are our parents, brothers & sisters, cousins, uncles & aunties, nephews, friends, church/mosque/shrine co-worshippers, ex-schoolmates etc then we can make the dream for a better life become a reality.
until then we wait for Rawlings to come and kill all the above mentioned people. shocked
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CrudeOil2(m): 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2008
/
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Anuliph(f): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2008
bilymuse u really got me cracking up. Theres no love amongst ourselves, it is this selfishness tht breeds corruption, armed robbery, and those other vices. There seems to be no hope cos we young ones are getting indoctrinated.
How many of you have prayed for our country Nigeria today? It seems our prayers are'nt getting past the ceiling cos everyone's hands are dirty!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by obongyi: 1:57am On Sep 14, 2008
It will happen when the world is over
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 3:58am On Sep 14, 2008
There is a place and time for prayers and there is time for hard work, sometimes, i think we Nigerians do attach all importance to Prayers and forget what even God Himself said, that prayers without works is dead, we need to be hard working and be real with it, the reasons why our prayers aint getting even to the ceilings is simply cos we pray amis, we praying with our lips and yet our minds is saying something else, How cld a man that comes to church and left his wife at home angry pray and God will listen.
Anyways, dont let me get off track here, God will hlp us, but we need to be willing to do our own parts, we need to pray that we dont work and work like we dont pray.
But Nigeria will change
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by redsun(m): 4:17am On Sep 14, 2008
Sometimes we refer to ourselves as if we are invalid,nigeria could be anything that we want it to be,we are the decision makers.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by geolabious(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2008
NIGERIANZ arent good, we r da best
NIGERIANZ arent cute, we r sooooo fuckin BANGIN!!!,
NIGERIANZ dont just kiss, we make out
NIGERIANZ dont play, we f*ck
NIGERIANZ dont relax, we chill
NIGERIANZ dont dance, we grind
NIGERIANZ dont talk bad, we talk dirty
NIGERIANZ lips arent just hot, their da lips u wish u could kiss.
NIGERIANZ dont just do it, we do it best
NIGERIANZ are da people u could ALWAYS trust
NIGERIANZ r da bestest dancers wink
(if u wanna kno how we dance den u come 2 our bangin azz partiez!!!)
NIGERIANZ arent nice, we r sweet
NIGERIANZ arent just friends, we r lovers
NIGERIANZ arent cool, we r awesome
NIGERIANZ r sexy
NIGERIANZ were blessed when we were born cuz now were proud to tell everybody dat we r 100% NIGERIANZ
NIGERIANZ, there arent enough words dat could explain how n who
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2008
Rhino
Imagine a Nigeria where:
1. There is light 24 hours of a day, 7 days of a week and 365 days of a year, and if by any chance the light has to go off, there is prior notice and apologies is sent as well and wont be off more than few minutes.
2. The roads are great and there no more a death traps.
3. Medical institutions are top of te lines.
4. Security is great, and you could just park your car and wont have to pray and fast that the ride wont be stolen.
5. There is safe and drinkable water at every home
6. There are affordable houses and home for 80% of the populations, because it is not possible to have 100% of the populations.
7. Affordable education for more than just few.
8. Unemployment rate of less than 10%
9. Fair distribution of the national wealth.
10. Good facility for growth and start up of a business

Mr Rhino
Your above prognosis is an exact copy of Babangida vision 2000, infact l suspect you once work for ministry of information togeher with that bloody lier, Jerry Gana, who is one of the main architech of vision 2000. At year 2000 , what happen , nothing:

they promise us road: no road , lies , lies lies
they promise us food : no food ,lies , lies , lies
they promise us house: no house, lies, lies, lies
Result of  vision 2000: lies , lies, lies

Now on nairaland , in year 2008 , you are posting an expired version of vision 2000 on the thread with the title, "Imagine". Some people are fooled and have joined the chorus. We want reality and truth; not dreams.

Rhino challenge
I m throwing you a challenge, why don't you tell us what you think will happen next year, 2009.  At least, most of us will still be around to judge your genius, instead of dreaming for  year 2200 , when most of us will be  dead
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2008
bilymuse:

Rhino
Mr Rhino
Your above prognosis is an exact copy of Babangida vision 2000, infact l suspect you once work for ministry of information togeher with that bloody lier, Jerry Gana, who is one of the main architech of vision 2000. At year 2000 , what happen , nothing:

they promise us road: no road , lies , lies lies
they promise us food : no food ,lies , lies , lies
they promise us house: no house, lies, lies, lies
Result of vision 2000: lies , lies, lies

Now on nairaland , in year 2008 , you are posting an expired version of vision 2000 on the thread with the title, "Imagine". Some people are fooled and have joined the chorus. We want reality and truth; not dreams.

Rhino challenge
I m throwing you a challenge, why don't you tell us what you think will happen next year, 2009. At least, most of us will still be around to judge your genius, instead of dreaming for year 2200 , when most of us will be dead

You seems to b missing the point here, I am no running for office, at least not yet, we are here debating on what and what is possible and see a vission for our great nation, if you look thru a lot of thread on this forum, yu will see nothing more than how i have bashed, insulted and talk abt how messed up our leaders and the nation is, forgetting the fact that, no matter where i reside and what i become, i will always be a product of Nigeria, even those that were born and bread in the best nation in da world, they will always be a product of Nigeria, so with that being said, all we are doing is to see a vission, cos without a vission, we will never see a way out, some of the things that these fools called leaders are lacking is a vission, they come and talk about vission 2020, vission 1913 and all those jargons, but what we need to see is vission NOW!!!, if we cant see where we are doing wrong, and where we have gone wrong, we cant move forward, Nigeria has all it needs and will ever need to make all the promised mission possible, but the promising leaders has been busy stacking up "mission money for their wallet"
Hate is a strong word but i hate all the past leaders with a passion, i wish we cld have someone like Rawlings in Nigeria, cos we need to move forward, and to move forward, there is a need to get rid of our past, and the sad thing is that our past keep staring us in da face, cos they stillhold a grip on the power to make and to mar in Nigeria, a nation where someone like IBB cld walk freely and pray with pple and yet to be mugged or killed, a nation where OBJ cld be bold with balls and come and run for election and won and rule Nija for 8 years and nthing to sho for it, in a nation where all the past politician that stole our money are still out there talking and they are praised as heros, bro, we have a prob and it needs to b fixed.
Now lemme ask you this, if Nigeria realy wanna get a "around the clock" electricity, how much do u think it would cost, what kinda technology do u think would make it happen? can we afford it, you bet we can afford it,most Nigerians are now resulting in Solar Panel, why cos, our leaders dont give a phuck and that sucks, but we all have the power to make a difference, my guy, all i have stated above are not that hard to come by, cos we have the technology to do that, we have nigerians that are doing it for other countries abroad, i kno pple that works with Power generations in Both USA and in Canada, they know what it takes and they have the technical know how, Nigeria has the money, but would they make it happen? Nope, and lemme ask you why, it is all cos pple that are making money from importing solar panel and generator wont want it to happen, why cos they wanna make all they can make and leave me and you in the dark.
My guy, we need to start thinking out of da box and see beyond the ordinary.
Once again, YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2008
Billy, i want the reality and that is why i wanna imagine it first, i wanna dream it and be angry to get the reality, and challenge pple like u and me to see how we can come together and make it happen.
YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2008
Rhino
I'm not against you as a person, but lm against your methodology. l welcome Your thread, cos it has provoke lots of debate and remind me of IBB vision 2000 419 scam. l want us to debate reality, and use that reality to plan for the future. Leave dreams for the dreamers.

You can only plan for the future, if you know your past and take cognisance of the present . This is the mothord use all over the world for planning and design.

For a start, how do you see 2009, in the contest of the present situation?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by emiechat: 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2008
There must not be a bloody revolution to weed out any so called corrupt leader from the political field of Nigeria, all we need is a mind reorientation starting from the change of mindset of pessimists who think Nigeria cannot get better because of corrupt leaders; they are those who easily get swept aside by the tide of corruption when they get into public offices. If you can wink think IT you can become IT.

That can also be accomplished by imbibing this into the minds of Nigerian children and stop teaching them the culture of cursing and criticizing leaders and seeing no good in the foture of Nigeria. It is not the "Developed Countries" that made themselves, it is the people that made them into what they are today.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by shilyjay: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2008
can someone wake this guy from his nightmare
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by LUDALOOLO(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2008
@poster i have only 2 word to say to make Nigeria a better place

1. $1 = 1naira

2. Respect of human right
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by dani1luv: 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2008
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2008
bilymuse:

Rhino
I'm not against you as a person, but lm against your methodology. l welcome Your thread, because it has provoke lots of debate and remind me of IBB vision 2000 419 scam. l want us to debate reality, and use that reality to plan for the future. Leave dreams for the dreamers.

You can only plan for the future, if you know your past and take cognisance of the present . This is the mothord use all over the world for planning and design.

For a start, how do you see 2009, in the contest of the present situation?

2009 will be like a year that others has been, nothing achieved and nothng gained, and this is why there is a need for us to do somehing and change the course of the nation.
We need to plan, since we have failed to plan all along and everyone just com up with vission without a plan, and that is why we wanna plan now so that we can stop the failure.

LUDALOOLO:

@poster i have only 2 word to say to make Nigeria a better place

1. $1 = 1naira

2. Respect of human right
Naira dont have to be at par with the US$$ for nigeria to be developing nations, and human right starts with me and you, when you can start treating your househelp like ur own child and see everyone as being equal and dont tell you driver to go and eat at mama put while u dining in fine restaurant.

This thread is to make me and you stop and smell the flowers and see what we can all do to make Nigeria a nation we all want it her to be.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Ezenwenyi(m): 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2008
I will sure do more than that when i become the president in 2022.I will give Nigerians the total and absolute dividends of democracy where constant power supply,good road networks,social security,social and lucrative infrastructures,good health care centers,good drinking water,and security of lives and properties will be the order of the day.I am the chosen.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2008
Ezenwenyi:

I will sure do more than that when i become the president in 2022.I will give Nigerians the total and absolute dividends of democracy where constant power supply,good road networks,social security,social and lucrative infrastructures,good health care centers,good drinking water,and security of lives and properties will be the order of the day.I am the chosen.

How wld u prevent the old fools from preventing u from even running?
I just think it is time for the youths to get involved and chase of all the old goats.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by hommer(f): 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2008
i say one day, one day, one day e go better. E go better for you and me
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2008
hommer:

i say one day, one day, one day e go better. E go better for you and me

That is a lazy and a poor man's prayer, take action.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2008
$$Rhino:

That is a lazy and a poor man's prayer, take action.
And what have you done so far
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2008
When you are ready o b constructive, then, me and you cld talk, till then,i am done just gongs cool
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2008
In other words. . . . . all you have done is shed hopeless propaganda of a better Nigeria and pretty much done nothing else abi.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2008
Re-read the thread and tell me what you can make of it.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by slyk2(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2008
tall dreams.
we all pray for such.
but let me tell you that if 50% of what you asked of will be done, we can beat any nation on earth.

however, lets start from doing certain things that will usher in these ideas.
encourage any one near you to always be positive and think of others in all affairs.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Phoenix042(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2008
OK. Here's what I think. I think for Nigeria to get better, everyone has to get off their asses and work for it.
From low income earners to business tycoons, paupers to big shot politicians, EVERYONE. Pointing fingers won't help anyone, as much as our leaders seem to be dragging us thru the mud, our daily conducts in our places of work can also make a difference.
Everyone wants to get "the money" at the expense of the rest, not even minding how they get it: Contractors building houses with fake and substandard products, businessmen making fake drugs for public consumption, specifically demanding and importing fake phones (or chinese phones as they call it) for large profits, politicians signing useless contracts so as to get a piece of the "national cake". The list goes on.
Our leaders have a very huge part to play in turning this country around but we all have our small roles as well, we can't deny that. We're like centuries away from all that, so the sooner the better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

50 NSCDC Officers To Ondo Over Illegal Mining / Tension In Ondo APC Over Alleged Plan To Tamper With Primaries Result / 500 Clerics Fast, Pray For Buhari’s Re-Election In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.