Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15706 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Sep 12, 2008
Sky Blue:

It seems if you want to scare Nigerians there is no need to carry a gun, just say "come lets solve our problems" and you will se people jumping into bush, cheesy

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 12:40am On Sep 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Why in the world would I even want to contact one of those folk? What am I wanting from them? Assurance, security, better life? Don't think so. Better off taking thing into your own hands. Dreaming for a better Nigeria is just utter stupidity. What is dreaming going to do when folk aint willing to die, fight, sacrifice for it? Look at the Civil Act Movement with akata people. They wasn't looking for a better life for them, but for their descendents. But not ndi Nigeria. Nope, they want the fruits of their labor too.

So you have never tried ever to ever contact such people but you resolved that "it is Nigeria" hence it can't be done? So you castigate the government for being an abomination etc (quite understandably) but are not willing to even consider the posibility not to even speak of doing anything proactive to change this? Isn't there a paradox in there somewhere? Plus you sound to have given up on Nigeria ever getting better, so what exactly are you doing here making the effort to preach such to those who are foolish enough to still hope and act if you habour such resignation that Nigeria would ever getting better? Not trying to offend you, i just don't get it and i guess i don't have to, to each his own. Have a nice day.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 12:46am On Sep 12, 2008
This is something i just don't get, so everyone who dares to dream of a better Nigeria is living in fantasy? The thing about dreams is that a lot of people dream then work to make the dream a reality. In Nigeria it seems it is either just dream and not act at all to bring it to reality or just remain pessimistic.

brother Joseph, which dream are you talking about. It easy for you in abroad to talk about dream: live in a big house surrounded by modern gadget, drive big car, spend hard currency. The real Nigerians are in Nigeria, they have nothing. Most of them haven't eaten since yesterday.

[size=15pt]While you in abroad are having a dream, the real Nigerians are having a nightmare[/size]
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 12:49am On Sep 12, 2008
bilymuse:

brother Joseph, which dream are you talking about. It easy for you in abroad to talk about dream: live in a big house surrounded by modern gadget, drive big car, spend hard currency. The real Nigerians are in Nigeria, they have nothing. Most of them haven't eaten since yesterday.

[size=15pt]While you in abroad are having a dream, the real Nigerians are having a nightmare[/size]

So what exactly do you know about me? The "real Nigerians" in Nigeria are suffering and having nightmares, and folding hands and doing nothing to change this is going to cause such to cease? What exactly is your gripe with someone saying, it can be better so let us act to make it so? What is soo offensive about that to you? What exactly? Shouldn't i be the one offended that after pointing out that people in Nigeria are suffering you seem to be against doing anything to change that?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 12:52am On Sep 12, 2008
The reality is that Nigeria has no future,  our future is tied to oil. When the price of oil goes up in the international market , more money comes into he coffer of the government and they are happy; low price , less money and sadness. when the oil finish , Nigeria will cease to exit as a nation.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 12:55am On Sep 12, 2008
bilymuse:

The reality is that Nigeria has no future,  our future is tied to oil. When the price of oil goes up in the international market , more money comes into he coffer of the government and they are happy; low price , less money and sadness. when the oil finish , Nigeria will cease to exit as a nation.

Thanks for making your position clearer but of course you know not everyone sees Nigeria as being without hope as you do, and not everyone has such resignation. Hence please stop expressing phony shock at people who might see possibility and hope in the situation.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 1:08am On Sep 12, 2008
What exactly is your gripe with someone saying, it can be better so let us act to make it so?

its a false hope, and an empty promise for the future. Just like in the days of Noah, the nation is doom. those who want to survive must board the ship. Don't inspire people to believe in a bright future that would never come- it called deception
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 1:18am On Sep 12, 2008
Read earlier comment, not all will agree with you that things cannot be different and i disagree with you that their is no hope as i happen to believe that there is so you might just have to deal with the fact that not everyone sees the situation as unchangeable and hopeless. Good day  smiley
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bettes(f): 1:27am On Sep 12, 2008
bilymuse:

its a false hope, and an empty promise for the future. Just like in the days of Noah, the nation is doom. those who want to survive must board the ship. Don't inspire people to believe in a bright future that would never come- it called deception
[color=#000099][/color]

It might be a false hope for you,but not for me.I believe Nigeria will become better and i know that not only will y children witness Nigeria's improvement i will also witness.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 1:43am On Sep 12, 2008
Onyiye

which ones na? Can't Naija benefit from d experiences of other nations? just because USA took fifty years doesnt mean it is a spiritual law that cannot be broken. Was it not before oiur very eyes that they
began to develop Dubai? Do you know what Dubai is? Dubai was a desert and it is still a desert. but it is the most
beautiful couontry in the world and they are still buillding.

Alas what shall we say to these things, there will always be thomases when God stirs up some changes.
Bros Rhino, ride on man, undetered.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by blackspade(m): 3:27am On Sep 12, 2008
It's truly sad how a lot of our people have lost hope in Naija. cry
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:09am On Sep 12, 2008
Can anyone really blame individual Nigerians for loosing hope in a nation of over 140 million people?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Uche2nna(m): 5:11am On Sep 12, 2008
Its like losing hope in urself since those individual Nigerians are part and parcel of that 140 million
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:18am On Sep 12, 2008
I don't believe it is like loosing hope in yourself ooo. It is clear to see that we all look for escapes rather than sit to deal with the consequences of the silly choices for others around us who happen to remain in the majority. There are way too many enemies of progress in that crowd of millions.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 7:40am On Sep 12, 2008
kobojunkle

Naija is being ruled by the hopeless, visionless, nerveless, and other lesses.
That doesnt remove the possiblity of a better Nigeria. Naija simply has the wrong guys
in the wrong places. The right guys need to come forward. Let you and I, the pple with
vision rise and take a stand.

The bible says, "Evil will prevail, when good men do nothing". The logic is simple but i guess the attempt
may be didfficult. i have had it with letting the old, empty barrels rustle around. All they do is talk.

It is not hopeless for Naija, No matter how many pple think so. Even If 139 million of 140 million think there is no hope, as long
as there is one man with a different ideology, there is hope. After all Hitler was one man, all he did was spread his satanic ideologies.

the conclusion: we have left our beloved country in the hands of losers. I dare say if we forcefully seize the reins of power from them all, you would be surprised what woudl happen: you will see how weak they really are. None of them have even the slightest
motivation for this country to fight back. They are just there.

I am done talk "n" angry
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by mellow(m): 8:02am On Sep 12, 2008
Those who believe Nigeria will never get better I don't blame you and those who think Nigeria

will ever get better please, keep keeping your spirit high. As for me and my household, we

believe that Nigeria is destined for great things and more.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by chickslord: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2008
dont bother if u dont have provision 4 non corrupt leadership.9ja na 9ja!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by skfa1: 8:34am On Sep 12, 2008
mellow:

Those who believe Nigeria will never get better I don't blame you and those who think Nigeria

will ever get better please, keep keeping your spirit high. As for me and my household, we

believe that Nigeria is destined for great things and more.

Same here
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 8:40am On Sep 12, 2008
Nigeria, i love you no matter what!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by dammizz(m): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2008
Its no dreaming. Nigeria will get there.
We have actually acheived many of these virtues, but due to some shady acts of our leaders, there was a deterioration cry. Well, lets keep prayin for a change of heart of our leaders. Naija possesses what it requires to be developed.
I think its high time we stopped comparing Naija with USA. It started long enough before us.
Naija govt should give vast attention to other sectors like IT, banking, and even farming.
All these will speed u the rate and we'll acheive these virtues well before 3010 cheesy
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by faoni572(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2008
[size=13pt]While you in abroad are having a dream, the real Nigerians are having a nightmare[/size]

That's it. The suitation in Nigeria can not even allow one to have sweet dream but only nightmare.

Actually, I do believe it is possible for Nigeria to achieve all those things, but it will take her years maybe by year 6010, we don't have to deceive ourself. If it can take developed countries to get where they are now, it will certainly take longer time for Nigeria to get there. TRUTH IS BETTER ANYWAY
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by purpleh(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2008
This is achievable, but are we ready to do what it takes ?

My proferred solution :

A mass revolution leading to killing of every politician, everyone who is involved in kick-backs.
Asides from this, the inflated contracts will continue with wreckless abandon and the rich getting richer while the poor masses will continue getting poorer.

Abi wetin una think
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Amax(m): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2008
Imagine a Nigeria where:
1. There is light 24 hours of a day, 7 days of a week and 365 days of a year, and if by any chance the light has to go off, there is prior notice and apologies is sent as well and wont be off more than few minutes.
2. The roads are great and there no more a death traps.
3. Medical institutions are top of te lines.
4. Security is great, and you could just park your car and wont have to pray and fast that the ride wont be stolen.
5. There is safe and drinkable water at every home
6. There are affordable houses and home for 80% of the populations, because it is not possible to have 100% of the populations.
7. Affordable education for more than just few.
8. Unemployment rate of less than 10%
9. Fair distribution of the national wealth.
10. Good facility for growth and start up of a business

What and what can we all do to make this happen?

THE ABOVE ARE REAL IF AND ONLY IF 9JA WILL GIVE ME THEIR VOTE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by carmelily: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2008
Imagine a Nigeria where:
1. There is light 24 hours of a day, 7 days of a week and 365 days of a year, and if by any chance the light has to go off, there is prior notice and apologies is sent as well and wont be off more than few minutes.
2. The roads are great and there no more a death traps.
3. Medical institutions are top of te lines.
4. Security is great, and you could just park your car and wont have to pray and fast that the ride wont be stolen.
5. There is safe and drinkable water at every home
6. There are affordable houses and home for 80% of the populations, because it is not possible to have 100% of the populations.
7. Affordable education for more than just few.
8. Unemployment rate of less than 10%
9. Fair distribution of the national wealth.
10. Good facility for growth and start up of a business

What and what can we all do to make this happen?

I thought these are already in place in Nigeria

@ favcom
huh?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by florishn(f): 10:13am On Sep 12, 2008
l pray soooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Rhea(f): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2008
The  Nigerian dream is what it is, a dream; our dream. It is our individual and collective dreams, but can only be, when we live our dreams.

The truth is that while most of us crave for that Nigeria, only very few are willing and ready to work for it. Many of us still look up on our leaders exclusively to deliver that Nigeria to us on a platter of gold.

Many of us, while we voice our discontent at government policies, are still unable to contribute our fair share and quota towards the realisation of this dream.

Many of us have lost our sense of pride in the Nigerian entity, and would rather proudly fraternise with the successes of other nations.

Many of us today are clamouring for Obama and raising funds for him (by force), while we wish our president would die away in Saudi Arabia.

We can bring this Nigeria of our dreams to fruition, but that has to start from our individual homes and backyards.

How many of us pay our taxes?
How many of us pay our NEPA bills?
How many of us would stash away that banana peel in a bag and dispose of it later in a bin rather than fling it out of the car while driving through the streets?
How many of us clean out our environments on sanitation day rather than sit down at home and watch BBA?
How many of us as Nigerians actually pray for Nigeria while we pray for a job, wife, money, scholarship etc?
How many of us would obey the traffic light even when LASTMA ain't hounding us?

These are some of the questions worth pondering upon, while we dream and live the Nigerian dream.

May God help us to actualise that kind of Nigeria where things work and work well.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by beemex(m): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2008
@cabali

I was expecting people like u to say just that and i wasnt disappointed.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2008
[size=15pt]THE HISTORY OF NIGERIAN DREAMS[/size]

The first Nigerian dreamer in recent memory was Babangida. He was the beautiful bride and suitors dazzle by his charisma flock in. At the beginning of his rule he launch his dream and called it vision 2000. The slogan was:

Shelter for all by year 2000
Good roads by year 2000
Education for all by Year 2000
Food for all by year 2000

By year 2000,  after IBB misrule , he left Nigeria in tatters. Over 3 billion dollars of excess crude oil fund cannot be accounted for. He practically legalised bribery and corruption. Today, all Nigerian 419s are graduate of IBB school of deception. He created a new set of pen robbers whom he called newbreed politicians, and gradually they took over power. Over 70% of Nigeria politicians today are newbreed with their root in IBB era. Even Yaradua is a new breed with root in IBB era. This newbreed politicians took corruption to another level and loot the treasury ruthlessly. That is the reason why IBB is one of the main power broker, untouchable and the grand godfather of Nigeria 419.

That is the dream, vision 2000.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2008
[size=15pt]AND THE DREAM CONTINUES[/size],

There comes Abacha with his own dream and he called it vision 2010, the slogan were similar:

Industrialisation
Education
Technology etc

At he end of his rule, Nigeria were faced with reality: We were worst than when he started. He looted the treasury with careless abandonment and operate the nation's treasury as if it was his personal bank account and committed atrocities .

That was Abachas dream , vision 2010
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by WesleyanA(f): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2008
I'd be VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY Happy
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2008
", if our leaders have a change of heart, "
Our leaders? How long will you guys call these old hags our leaders?
How long will we call them our leaders? This is the very veil that has prevented
us from doing what we ought to do, because we see them as our leaders and thus the only available
solution for this country, we actually resign to the thought of accepting and managing them as they are because we think we have
no other

I tell u , i know how these ol' school guys think. I have executed a few contracts with these government officials
before, their thinking is terrible. I wish i have to time to explain some of these occasions. It was just like when a move
was made in the house of reps to adopt the kind of digitized polling system practiced in developed Nations.
They all rose up against it for obvious reasons.

Please these guys are no more our leaders, the future is begun already and the true leaders had better get set. The Obasnjo generation which includes Yar Adua, Kingibe and all those guys is rounding up. If we keep quiet, they will put their own children and relatives while we watch complaining. We are all making Naija another Cuba and our presidency another Fidel Castro.

We shouldn't accept this bullshit one more day
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2008
[size=15pt]Present dreamers - vision 2020[/size]

The government has finally realised that Nigerian loves dream and hope, so they keep feeding them with deception. The new whiz kid in town is vision 2020. By the year 2020 Nigeria is going to be like New York and my grandmother is going to be a professor of aeronautic engineering, despite the fact that she is illiterate. The grand optimist will tell you all things are possible, and my illiterate grandmother will be a professor, hurray!!!!

this is another scam, wake up from your deep slumber.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Stop Defending Fulani Herdsmen – Ohanaeze Tells Presidency / Bullion Van: Running An Election Isn't Cheap - Tinubu Support Group / NAVMC Mass Production Of The ATV (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.