Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15691 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
femzy:

A Nigeria where we can build Refineries all over instead off exporting oil for refining

A Nigeria we cld all be proud to call our own, and we can all do it.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by idupaul: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2008
A nigerian where people that are creative will eat from their efforts, and nt get their works pirated.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by dove24u(m): 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2008
Lets join hand to make Nigeria to become our dream country
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
I have been one of the few that has bashed Nigeria and never imagine a day will come when i will be talking like this, but pls, we can all do it, we can re-allign our minds and get involved in politics for good reasons.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by congoshine(m): 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

Imagine a Nigeria where:
1. There is light 24 hours of a day, 7 days of a week and 365 days of a year, and if by any chance the light has to go off, there is prior notice and apologies is sent as well and wont be off more than few minutes.
2. The roads are great and there no more a death traps.
3. Medical institutions are top of te lines.
4. Security is great, and you could just park your car and wont have to pray and fast that the ride wont be stolen.
5. There is safe and drinkable water at every home
6. There are affordable houses and home for 80% of the populations, because it is not possible to have 100% of the populations.
7. Affordable education for more than just few.
8. Unemployment rate of less than 10%
9. Fair distribution of the national wealth.
10. Good facility for growth and start up of a business

What and what can we all do to make this happen?

You'll need to wake up from your slumber !
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by mekk(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

he is not saying it is not possible, but all he is saying is that, it can only be done without the fools called politicians, and i so much agree with him

thank you joo. I think the guy is shotsighted or something
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by talk2castr: 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2008
Nigeria will be like that when there is no much political parties. When we stop looking for presidents rather look for leaders. If we can have only 2 parties involve in Nigeria government, nigeria will deifinitely turn back like the brazilians did. 20 years ago. We need a leader not a ruler or pencil whatever. When old men will return back to look after our villages and let young men, I said young men not young boys. God fearing people irrespective of your religion. I am sure that every religion respects the God they serve. Let join hand together.

We must all succeed.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by blackspade(m): 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2008
femzy:

A Nigeria where we can build Refineries all over instead off exporting oil for refining
Exactly, it makes no sense that we are just signing our natural resources away like that. How can a country like Angola, who just came out of a civil war not even 3 years ago, is having a rapidly expanding economy, and the people their are getting richer by the day? Because they have their own nationalized companies, which means all the money stays in the country, and benefits the people.

For example, Angola is the largest exporter of oil in Africa now (it used to be us, but you know our problems), but most of their oil is handled by their own company called "Sonangol", whereas we have foreign companies like Chevron, Shell, BP, and others who are blatantly scamming us. If we had our own oil companies in Nigeria, you would see a lot more money flowing in, and see even more improvements in this country, just because the money stays with us, and not into foreign accounts.

But all this has to be done without corrupt politicians, because if this happens with our current government, I can guarantee no more than a quarter of that money would be seen by the public.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by mekk(m): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

we can re-allign our minds and get involved in politics for good reasons.

the problem of this country transcends re-alligning our minds(if i must borrow you word)
the reality is:the politics of this country is just too scumy for any decent and well
intentioned person engage in.a lot needs to be done!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
the reality is:the politics of this country is just too scumy for any decent and well
A lot needs to be done by who? If decent people refuse to go into politics, nothing can change.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2008
blackspade:

Exactly, it makes no sense that we are just signing our natural resources away like that. How can a country like Angola, who just came out of a civil war not even 3 years ago, is having a rapidly expanding economy, and the people their are getting richer by the day? Because they have their own nationalized companies, which means all the money stays in the country, and benefits the people.

For example, Angola is the largest exporter of oil in Africa now (it used to be us, but you know our problems), but most of their oil is handled by their own company called "Sonangol", whereas we have foreign companies like Chevron, Shell, BP, and others who are blatantly scamming us. If we had our own oil companies in Nigeria, you would see a lot more money flowing in, and see even more improvements in this country, just because the money stays with us, and not into foreign accounts.

But all this has to be done without corrupt politicians, because if this happens with our current government, I can guarantee no more than a quarter of that money would be seen by the public.

these are some of the reasons why we all need to stand up to the present leaders that are leading us into the holes, these are pple that has nothing "upstairs" they have no idea what is good and what is bad for the nation, they are just power driven and wanna steal the money and nothing to show for it, so the youths needs to start getting involved, and also, there is a need to educate the market mamas and papas, that it is time for them to stop selling their vote for the highest bidders, cos with their sales is their future.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
mekk:

the problem of this country transcends re-alligning our minds(if i must borrow you word)

If me and you that are decent refuse to get invloved and allow the "indecent" grandpas and grandmas to keep rulling, that means we will never seea nigeria that we can be boastful of.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by makavele: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2008
@post

Nigeria can never become like that. Why am i saying this? What steps are the leaders taking? Tell you the truth, even Yar' Adua himself has not even thought of a better Nigeria as much as you are doing now.

The conditions described could only be achieved in paradise; and you know what that means. Till this world gets to its end, Nigeria will always be the "slum" it has always been.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Alase(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2008
for all these to happen, the problem is not the corrupt politicians or leaders. the problem is you and me. If with all sincerity, everyone can do his or her bit with transparency and turns it ino our culture. Let us search our hearts and have a rethink. That the public is not seeing what we do in the secret does not make us saints.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2008
makavele:

@post

Nigeria can never become like that. Why am i saying this? What steps are the leaders taking? Tell you the truth, even Yar' Adua himself has not even thought of a better Nigeria as much as you are doing now.

The conditions described could only be achieved in paradise; and you know what that means. Till this world gets to its end, Nigeria will always be the "slum" it has always been.

u sure hate nigeria so much oh, i used to think that i am the only one that pasionatley get digusted at the mention of Nigeria, but i tell you wat, Nigeria has all it takes to be all these and even more.

Alase:

for all these to happen, the problem is not the corrupt politicians or leaders. the problem is you and me. If with all sincerity, everyone can do his or her bit with transparency and turns it ino our culture. Let us search our hearts and have a rethink. That the public is not seeing what we do in the secret does not make us saints.

That is very true and that is why me and you need to start on how to get the direction of Nigeria on the right course, but i am sure we can do it.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
makavele:

@post

can idiots like u shut up please, the USA at 50yrs old isn't that much better than modern day nigeria. china during the period of the cultural revolution was similar to the nigeria of today. with patience and dedication, nigeria would improve
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by palmwine(m): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2008
This is good, but my fear is that the new generation politicians are worst in the way of corruption.

Check student unionism on our university campus. Future leadrs have taken corruption to the hi-tech level
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by cabali(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2008
This wont happen. There are members of the powers that be that are making a lotta cash from things not working.

Take for instance NEPA! If nepa does it right, Michael Otedola will have issues. and so will others attached to him.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2008
bawomolo:

can idiots like u shut up please, the USA at 50yrs old isn't that much better than modern day nigeria. china during the period of the cultural revolution was similar to the nigeria of today. with patience and dedication, nigeria would improve

easy oh my guy.

palmwine:

This is good, but my fear is that the new generation politicians are worst in the way of corruption.

Check student unionism on our university campus. Future leadrs have taken corruption to the hi-tech level

there are corrupt pple all over the world, however, we need to create a situation where we can actualy vote and be counted, and educating our pple for them to know that, nigeria belongs to all of us, and what we want is what we will feed her, garbage in, garbage out, i am sure that western world wont even want Nigeria to be like that, cos there wont be dumping ground for thier nonesense, but with determination, we can do it.

cabali:

This wont happen. There are members of the powers that be that are making a lotta cash from things not working.

Take for instance NEPA! If nepa does it right, Michael Otedola will have issues. and so will others attached to him.

Yes, there are so many people that are making so much money when things are not working well, but all they need is education, or if they wont let Nigeria be OK, they will be used as sacrifice.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Johnnoo(m): 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
if we can collectively impact effectively from our individual positions, the story 'll be a different 1 by nxt yr. smiley
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by cyras: 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino

If me and you that are decent refuse to get invloved and allow the "indecent" grandpas and grandmas to keep rulling, that means we will never seea nigeria that we can be boastful of.

Well say, u see nairalander Nigeria need  fresh set of new young men as real leaders with vision and dreams for good nation with peace of mind but this Old men that always fly abroad for medica treatment  after pressure in the office that cause heart failure malfunction of the body, my mission is to start lunching magical missile bomb to finish them all on the day of there nonsense meeting of argument as i did in Iraq. so support me now or these country remain thesame.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by inbox(m): 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
please u guys should wake up!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2008
cyras:

$$Rhino

Well say, u see nairalander Nigeria need  fresh set of new young men as real leaders with vision and dreams for good nation with peace of mind but this Old men that always fly abroad for medica treatment  after pressure in the office that cause heart failure malfunction of the body, my mission is to start lunching magical missile bomb to finish them all on the day of there nonsense meeting of argument as i did in Iraq. so support me now or these country remain thesame.

Like i said earlier, chances are, it will be bloody, but i think Nigeria need a real and true revolution, let us do what Rawlings did in Ghana, and show the old politicians, that we wanna take over and they could all retire and enjoy all they have stolen in peace, or we will make them use it in pieces if they wont step aside.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by cabali(m): 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2008
I need to see how this one can be pulled off.

Even the future leaders are corrupt. Can we possibly kill all the present corrupt leaders? Cos if we cant then lets just leave it for now till we come up with something else
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2008
inbox:

please u guys should wake up!!!!!!!!!!
Na wa oh, most Nigerians have lost hope on this nation oh, we sure need to at least try oh
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2008
cabali:

I need to see how this one can be pulled off.

Even the future leaders are corrupt. Can we possibly kill all the present corrupt leaders? Cos if we can't then lets just leave it for now till we come up with something else
Why cant we kill them all, and if we keep leaving it, when will we ever see a Nigeria we could all be proud to call home.
Nigeria is so bad, that even the president cant get medical attention in Nija, but in Saudi Arabia, where Nigerian doctors all over the world are some of the best.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by cabali(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2008
Look it will be difficult to call people together to do the revolution when some people you are inviting fopr it have uncles in power giving them part of the loot
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by beemex(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2008
Believe me guys this should be the dream of all well meaning Nigerians and i make bold to say that i am already doing my little bit through what i am doing right now which is that, i am part of team that believe that Nigeria can be all of the things this poster said and even more and this we are trying to propagate through a medium called MOMENTUM MAGAZINE. This is not one of your regular magazine that deals with Society people, celebrities, gossips and the likes. It is a platform from where everything positive that makes Nigeria and Nigerians walk taller anywhere in the world is published. It has its thrust on BEST PRACTICES, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & VALUES. Let me not bother u guys with details here but anyone who believes that what this poster said is achievable so long as we all contribute our quotas and wants to go ahead and do their bit, should pitch tent with MOMENTUM. For more info on MOMENTUM MAGAZINE and what it seeks to achieve for Nigeria and Nigerians, reach us through:

momentummagazine@yahoo.com
info@momentumagazine.net
www.momentumagazine.net

Or Visit us at:

27, Sabiu Ajose Crescent, Off Bode Thomas Street, Surulere, Lagos.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by cabali(m): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2008
Just advertising right?

Please back to the post :
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by A40(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2008
That Nigeria will be possible in the year 4040 grin.With these set of leaders its a hopeless case i mean where else will a plane crash and the crash site is unknown for months
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by cabali(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2008
And a navy vessel with millions of volume of crude oil disappear from the waters till date
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ Topic
Good and positive imagination. However, its only purposeful leadership and followership that can give birth to such paradise on earth.
But in Nigeria where we are not even sure of the type of Govt we should run, we take one step forward, ten backward. Personal, group,ethnical and regional interests are by far more important than the national interest (if any at all). A country where the least political office is used for wicked enrichment rather than service. This is where most Politians are thieves, religious and traditional leaders dubious and fake, civil servants evil, students cultist. I mean I can go on and on.
Surely, Nigeria can be among the most developed nations BUT Nigerians must CHANGE the way we think, act and put the National Interest before other interests.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi / Why Buhari Won't Attend Fayemi's Campaign Rally On Tuesday - Daily Independent / BREAKING: Police Seal Off CJN Onnoghen’s Office, Eject Administrative Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.