Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15709 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by mekk(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2008
bilymuse:

[size=15pt]Present dreamers - vision 2020[/size]

The government has finally realised that Nigerian loves dream and hope, so they keep feeding them with deception. The new whiz kid in town is vision 2020. By the year 2020 Nigeria is going to be like New York and my grandmother is going to be a professor of aeronautic engineering, despite the fact that she is illiterate. The grand optimist will tell you all things are possible, and my illiterate grandmother will be a professor, hurray!!!!

this is another scam, wake up from your deep slumber.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by faoni572(m): 11:29am On Sep 12, 2008
Rhea:

The  Nigerian dream is what it is, a dream; our dream. It is our individual and collective dreams, but can only be, when we live our dreams.

The truth is that while most of us crave for that Nigeria, only very few are willing and ready to work for it. Many of us still look up on our leaders exclusively to deliver that Nigeria to us on a platter of gold.

Many of us, while we voice our discontent at government policies, are still unable to contribute our fair share and quota towards the realisation of this dream.

Many of us have lost our sense of pride in the Nigerian entity, and would rather proudly fraternise with the successes of other nations.

Many of us today are clamouring for Obama and raising funds for him (by force), while we wish our president would die away in Saudi Arabia.

We can bring this Nigeria of our dreams to fruition, but that has to start from our individual homes and backyards.

How many of us pay our taxes?
How many of us pay our NEPA bills?
How many of us would stash away that banana peel in a bag and dispose of it later in a bin rather than fling it out of the car while driving through the streets?
How many of us clean out our environments on sanitation day rather than sit down at home and watch BBA?
How many of us as Nigerians actually pray for Nigeria while we pray for a job, wife, money, scholarship etc?
How many of us would obey the traffic light even when LASTMA ain't hounding us?

These are some of the questions worth pondering upon, while we dream and live the Nigerian dream.

May God help us to actualise that kind of Nigeria where things work and work well.

I will take myself as an example to answer your questions and I know it is applicable to most Nigerians, not all. The true is that Government should first start their responsibilities and every other things will follow.

How many of us pay our taxes? - Since I have been working payment of my taxes have been 'pay as you receive' which means I pay my taxes regularly, I know the same thing apply to most Nigeria (not all pls), the little taxes they collected what are they doing with it, they embezzle it. if they make use of it and everybody see what they are doing with it, it will encouraged others to pay

How many of us pay our NEPA bills? -  This is the worst aspect of it, I never own NEPA any penny yet as at now it has been three months that I saw light last in my area which virtually means I am paying for darkness. Tell me how do you want me to continue paying, afterall I am using money to buy fuel to my generator

How many of us would stash away that banana peel in a bag and dispose of it later in a bin rather than fling it out of the car while driving through the streets? - So if I dispose the banana peel into my dust bin, where will I empty the dust bin, of course on the side of the road because govenment has not provided adequate waste disposal

How many of us clean out our environments on sanitation day rather than sit down at home and watch BBA? - How many people do you see on the road on a sanitation day. Even after sanitation if you go out you will see a lot of dirts that people piled up by the side of the road, because no where to dispose them, the dirts will still flush down to gutter when rain fall.

How many of us as Nigerians actually pray for Nigeria while we pray for a job, wife, money, scholarship etc? - You obviously have not noticed how many churches will have in Nigeria. A friend of mine visited Ghana and comfirmed to me that Nigeria has more churches than Ghana, yet Ghana is overtaking Nigeria in all facets of lives you can ever imagine. I believe those people are not in the church to curse.

How many of us would obey the traffic light even when LASTMA ain't hounding us? - I am not based in Lagos to see LASTMA, but where I have being to in this country I can confidently say that  Nigerians like to obey traffic light. Even imagine where handicapped person control traffic jams and people obey him, it happens here in PHC. Our traffic light has been on and off, some work onece in a month. i am very sure that if it had been consistent, people will respect traffic light.

Government should simply wake up and do something, the problem is corruption.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by kamuzu(m): 11:29am On Sep 12, 2008
are you looking at year 3000?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Phemzy(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2008
It is not POSSIBLE, not a country like Nigeria that the leaders' mind is full of corruption and the youths are also planning to do so. But I can't tell may be by 2020, this dream will comes true
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2008
it is not only possible, but it will come to pass, i will put m money on it. its only a matter of time! But mennnn a Nigeria Like dat will make me even more proud to be Naija 4 life! Either ways Naija is Naija for now and i Love it!, once a year!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by carmelily: 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2008
engineerd:

it is not only possible, but it will come to pass

yes, right after the bloody revolution i've been advocating.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2008
No we are not waking up. We will keep dreaming while you
keep living. Pretty soon you will wake up to find out that you
were in the matrix all along.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2008
faoni572:

I will take myself as an example to answer your questions and I know it is applicable to most Nigerians, not all. The true is that Government should first start their responsibilities and every other things will follow.

How many of us pay our taxes? - Since I have been working payment of my taxes have been 'pay as you receive' which means I pay my taxes regularly, I know the same thing apply to most Nigeria (not all please), the little taxes they collected what are they doing with it, they embezzle it. if they make use of it and everybody see what they are doing with it, it will encouraged others to pay

How many of us pay our NEPA bills? -  This is the worst aspect of it, I never own NEPA any penny yet as at now it has been three months that I saw light last in my area which virtually means I am paying for darkness. Tell me how do you want me to continue paying, afterall I am using money to buy fuel to my generator

How many of us would stash away that banana peel in a bag and dispose of it later in a bin rather than fling it out of the car while driving through the streets? - So if I dispose the banana peel into my dust bin, where will I empty the dust bin, of course on the side of the road because govenment has not provided adequate waste disposal

How many of us clean out our environments on sanitation day rather than sit down at home and watch BBA? - How many people do you see on the road on a sanitation day. Even after sanitation if you go out you will see a lot of dirts that people piled up by the side of the road, because no where to dispose them, the dirts will still flush down to gutter when rain fall.

How many of us as Nigerians actually pray for Nigeria while we pray for a job, wife, money, scholarship etc? - You obviously have not noticed how many churches will have in Nigeria. A friend of mine visited Ghana and comfirmed to me that Nigeria has more churches than Ghana, yet Ghana is overtaking Nigeria in all facets of lives you can ever imagine. I believe those people are not in the church to curse.

How many of us would obey the traffic light even when LASTMA ain't hounding us? - I am not based in Lagos to see LASTMA, but where I have being to in this country I can confidently say that  Nigerians like to obey traffic light. Even imagine where handicapped person control traffic jams and people obey him, it happens here in PHC. Our traffic light has been on and off, some work onece in a month. i am very sure that if it had been consistent, people will respect traffic light.

Government should simply wake up and do something, the problem is corruption.

WHose job is it to hold government accountable? Whose job is it to make sure that they are not duped by the people hired to be in government?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by okomogo(m): 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2008
Fellow Nigerians, I,m of the opinion that we  form some kind of patriot groups  and engage in community projects and mass orientation of Nigerians.Let us do our best and pray to God to do the rest for us.At learst we can start from somewhere.  
   We can name the club NAIJA 4 LAIF.When we see our numbers here ,then we can create our own tread and share ideals on what to do and how to do it.
  What do you guys think?

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by okomogo(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2008
Fellow Nigerians, I,m of the opinion that we  form some kind of patriot groups  and engage in community projects and mass orientation of Nigerians.Let us do our best and pray to God to do the rest for us.At learst we can start from somewhere.  
   We can name the club NAIJA 4 LAIF.When we see our numbers here ,then we can create our own tread and share ideals on what to do and how to do it.
  What do you guys think?

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by barakah(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2008
[quote][/quote]yes we caaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!

I say no we can't!
Why?
Cos if we continue with our selfish ways we can never achieve this feat till heaven comes.
Take a good look at your community,the people.
Take a good look at your local government then at your roads and ask if people are not being paid to put things in order.
Ask yourself if our legislators are being owed for 'sitting' or for delibrating over issues that concern their fatherland.
Take a good look at the "Agbada" material the speaker of the house wore in his recent "TV parade".
Have you ever wondered if our people are true to themselves do they really know that the masses are suffering?
Because we are a people that are too self centered to want the best for each other we can't achieve our dreams my dear.
Am not being pessimistic!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by okomogo(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
check this out. make we dey proud of our one and only country

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by okomogo(m): 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2008
I did not include govt official that we all know what they are doing,i want us to do the little we can do to our community.WHAT WILL YOU BE REMEMBERED FOR?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by faoni572(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

WHose job is it to hold government accountable? Whose job is it to make sure that they are not duped by the people hired to be in government?

Ya masses are supposed to hold government accountable, but the fact is that if you cry till thy kingdom come only God can let them listen. Those that can actually talk to them are those on the corridor of power but unfortunately the are bird of the same feathers. there is no way masses can say they want to hold them resposible
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kaestro(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2008
What with the level of corruption,selfish interest,over driven pursuance of wealth and craze for superiority status in this our present generation.How are we supposed to achieve this? I'm not saying it's impossible, but a complete re-orientation is what's needed.It takes more than 85% sensible and positive minded people in every institution to move a nation like this forward at a time like this.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2008
I am surprised as to the dude that is asking question as to how many pple pay taxes and how many pple pays NEPA's bill, it might surprise you that pple dont pay anything cos there is not good system in place, in western world, if pple can invade taxes, they would, but it is almost impossible and it is as well against the law, in western world, you dont pay the taxes, they take it out of your paycheck, u dont even get to see it be4 it is gone, and there are some coys and banks in Nigeria that has same system and it is working.
Regarding Nepa bill, i beg to differ, cos what are they paying the bill for, for the sake of attaching run down meter to your house, or for the time u have no light, pple shd be able to go to court and win, cos theya re using more money to buy gas/diesel into their generator to get what NEpa cldnt.
Now lemme say this, only those that dont see how it is possible to achive such Nigeria might not see it, but if you truely blv it is possible and that we will achieve it, trust me, we will.

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES WE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ud4u: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2008
All these things can be achieved, but the problem is that our leaders are busy siphoning money into their accounts for themselves and their unborn generation while the job is left undone. Is only God that can help Nigeria.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2008
Yes oh, however, me and you needs to do our own as well.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by isaco(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2008
your dream ll surely come through one, America started somewhere

healthospital..com
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by FifiO(f): 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2008
One sweet day!,
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by unit(f): 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2008
People lets be realistic here! From when i can remember things have just gone from bad to worse and it doesn't look like it will get any better and i live here in Najia.
You ask us to be optimistic and i ask what for?
Many pay taxes but the rich feed on it.
You say we should vote and i ask you if it won't be rigged to put the high n mighty in power.
We pay bills even when we don't see the light or water yet the system hasn't improved.
Teachers shouted and went on a long strike but who suffered? the masses of course! and the lawmakers increased their own salary.
As long as 'the old boys' still rule Abuja that dream will NEVER come to reality,that is the reality on ground whether we like it or not.We can dream and hope only God can make Naija better,but dreamland sure looks good!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by lola4jesus: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2008
Rhino i agreed with u that would be better those nuisance of our leader
should be flush out.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by opuro(m): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2008
A NIGERIA WHERE BIG MEN GO DE PAY THEIR NEPA PHCN BILL

DEM GO DE QUE FOR THEIR TURN
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Eziachi: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2008
Do I really need to imagine it? It's not the work of miracle to have such a condition but very possible with vision, plan, harwork and respect toward public coffers but in Nigeria those words are as good as a mirage, so don't hold your breath.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2008
yes, right after the bloody revolution i've been advocating

just like 1966 right.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2008
Eziachi:

Do I really need to imagine it? It's not the work of miracle to have such a condition but very possible with vision, plan, harwork and respect toward public coffers but in Nigeria those words are as good as a mirage, so don't hold your breath.

U will be surprised, cos it will happen, Nigeria will change and all will work well, and I pray it happen in your lifetime, so that yuo will know that it is possible.

opuro:

A NIGERIA WHERE BIG MEN GO DE PAY THEIR NEPA PHCN BILL

DEM GO DE QUE FOR THEIR TURN

There will still be no need for big men to queue, cos they will have pple that work for them, however, a man will not be judged by the size of his pocket, but by what they know and how they have made changes around them.

unit:

People lets be realistic here! From when i can remember things have just gone from bad to worse and it doesn't look like it will get any better and i live here in Najia.
You ask us to be optimistic and i ask what for?
Many pay taxes but the rich feed on it.
You say we should vote and i ask you if it won't be rigged to put the high n mighty in power.
We pay bills even when we don't see the light or water yet the system hasn't improved.
Teachers shouted and went on a long strike but who suffered? the masses of course! and the lawmakers increased their own salary.
As long as 'the old boys' still rule Abuja that dream will NEVER come to reality,that is the reality on ground whether we like it or not.We can dream and hope only God can make Naija better,but dreamland sure looks good!

WE will realize that dream in Nigeria, but no one ever said it will be easy, but there has to be a starting point, there has to be a day when we all say to the old big fools, that enuf is enuf, we have given them chance to rule and they never did, all they did was steal all the money and leave empty accounts, so it is time for the youth to take over.

lola4jesus:

Rhino i agreed with u that would be better those nuisance of our leader
should be flush out.

with reall mobilization, they cld be flushed out, if we start from Ekiti state and arrest all the governors there and maybe start punishing them one by one, since a guy from ekiti said, the place is useless, we cld use it as a ginea pig(joke) but we need to just do something
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bamics: 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2008
U all spoken well u.If sombody like u nd i doesn't stop prayin u know dis changes evryting co milion yrs 2 com those our leader won't retire.Kudos 2 u all.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2008
bamics:

You all spoken well u.If sombody like u nd i doesn't stop prayin u know this changes evryting co milion years 2 com those our leader won't retire.Kudos 2 u all.

We shdnt be waiting for them to retire, cos some of them has ate with the devil and the devil will make sure they dont die soon enuf, so we have to look for a way to force them into retirement of 7 feet.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2008
When it comes to having these in Nigeria, you need to use your imagination. Are we not speaking of the very same Nigeria that has not discovered the wonderful miracle one can work with a common fly swat? LOL

That, to me, is an ingenious invention but many in Nigeria continue to live with flies. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

When it comes to having these in Nigeria, you need to use your imagination. Are we not speaking of the very same Nigeria that has not discovered the wonderful miracle one can work with a common fly swat? LOL

That, to me, is an ingenious invention but many in Nigeria continue to live with flies. ROFLMAO!!

we will make sure you lead that aspect, since yu have an idea on how it works, cos we need a govt that gives everyone a chance, based on what they know and how theya re good at it, and not cos of who they know
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2008
[size=15pt]FLY SWATTERS, UNITE!!![/size]
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

[size=15pt]FLY SWATTERS, UNITE!!![/size]

yeye man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari’s Achievements Will Speak For Him - APC Replies Obasanjo / 2019: Thugs Destroy Chima Anyaso's Posters, Billboards (photos) / Enugu Government Renovates State Judicial Complex (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.