Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (69548 Views)

Weekend Betting Tips (11-12/04/2015) / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Tribute To Africans Who Play In The NFL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:39am On Oct 14, 2008
JeSoul:

Ouch A-40 . . . Romo Out Up to a Month, finger injury. Well looks like that leaky defense has resulted in a casualty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3640890

It might be a blessing in disguise who knows.Romo didn't do too badly yesterday he was not given too much protection if you ask me but i still feel he needs to work on his game and know how to up the ante when its crunch time thats what separates a good QB from a great QB the fans are really getting impatient though i was going over a few forums and a lot of Cowboy fans are really angry

I told you the Chargers would be too strong for y'all

@bawomolo
I agree with you T.O goes hard but he needs to talk a bit less it kind of makes him an easy target in opposing fans and players mind-games
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 12:43am On Oct 14, 2008
And Jeez what's happening to Big Papi. . . .no homeruns and batting .140 in the postseason.
He must be missing Manny cheesy cheesy grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 2:53am On Oct 14, 2008
lol big papi was a bum with the twins, maybe he has come back down to earth or age is catching up with him. the red soxs have good bats, they would be back. the sox's are a team built for comebacks.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:29am On Oct 14, 2008
Ohh the Giants are getting the beating of their lives i guess its just one of those weekends 35-14 and the 4th quarter is not even done yet

The NFC East just got tighter
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:51am On Oct 14, 2008
ouch, i know all teams lose at some point but this is an embarrassing loss. aaron ross might need to take a break from football, braylon edwards got you shook bitch  grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2008
Not too worried 'bout the Sox . . . Lester is great but he can't pitch perfect every start. Beckett's been struggling cos of injury, but no matter what me cyan hate on him, he is the singular reason the Sox won the title last yr.

and true Ortiz has slowed down but if you look at this season, Ortiz is NOT the reason the Sox have made it this far, infact he was out injured for a good chunk of it, our young guns have been the water underneath the ship and they'll show up in the rest of the series. smiley
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2008
a 35-14 upset of the unbeaten Giants? kiss

GodBless Cleveland! grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2008
JeSoul:

Not too worried 'bout the Sox . . . Lester is great but he can't pitch perfect every start. Beckett's been struggling because of injury, but no matter what me cyan hate on him, he is the singular reason the Sox won the title last yr.

and true Ortiz has slowed down but if you look at this season, Ortiz is NOT the reason the Sox have made it this far, infact he was out injured for a good chunk of it, our young guns have been the water underneath the ship and they'll show up in the rest of the series. smiley

this is prime optimism with nary a hint, I say, not even a tad of self deception tongue tongue cheesy cheesy grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2008
doyin13:

this is prime optimism with nary a hint, I say, not even a tad of self deception tongue tongue cheesy cheesy grin
  reads the line, then smiles because she gets it then replies grin I must say Doyin, you have your days of sheer brilliance! grin  wink
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2008
JeSoul:

a 35-14 upset of the unbeaten Giants? kiss

GodBless Cleveland! grin
Amen ooh!! Those guys would have been two games ahead of us if not for Cleveland i guess it was just one of those weekends
The Redskins,Cowboys,Bears and Giants lost against less fancied opposition
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2008
A-40:

Amen ooh!! Those guys would have been two games ahead of us if not for Cleveland i guess it was just one of those weekends
  You can say that again . . . that yeye Eli that was being booed last season is now walking round like the godfather, some equally yeye people are starting to say he's better than Peyton  shocked  angry

A-40:

Cowboys,Bears and Giants lost against less fancied opposition
  A sign of parity? or a sign of the parody the nfl has become this season . . . but I no fit lie, it is fun to see the weaklings suddenly rubbing shoulders with the elite  smiley . . . fun only when its not the Pats getting beat down  angry

In other related news: I hear say Pacman has been suspended indefinitely . . . well don't think he was that big of an asset, more like a liability. So to that I say good riddance!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2008
It only takes one Superbowl to change the perception of a player Eli Manning to Peyton Manning this time last year was like comparing Solange Knowles to Beyonce Knowles

Its more of a parody if you ask me i guess they just under-rated the opposition the Giants where on a high horse and had to be brought down to earth the Redskins and Bears fell to some good offensive calls by their opponents while the Cowboys just didn't play any D and Andre Gurode's fumble was a typical example

Unfortunately Pacman has not lived up to the hype!Mark Austin and Marion The Barbarian Barber have been our most consistent performers
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 1:47am On Oct 15, 2008
there is parity thanks to free agency. you can't hoard players anymore, same in college football.  i feel bad for the cowboys , everybody falling left and right. overpaying for Roy "big mouth" williams. how would this guy coexist with TO.  the cowboys can as well resign keyshawn johnson to set the field ablaze  grin.  roy williams would have been gotten for cheap if the cowboys didn't seem desperate.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 2:12am On Oct 15, 2008
bawomolo:

there is parity thanks to free agency. you can't hoard players anymore, same in college football. i feel bad for the cowboys , everybody falling left and right. overpaying for Roy "big mouth" williams. how would this guy coexist with TO. the cowboys can as well resign keyshawn johnson to set the field ablaze grin. roy williams would have been gotten for cheap if the cowboys didn't seem desperate.
Its pretty annoying how they would play together is definitely going to be the eighth wonder but i guess time will tell if this move would pay off
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:14am On Oct 15, 2008
the redsox aren't looking so good.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2008
JeSoul:

our young guns have been the water underneath the ship and they'll show up in the rest of the series. smiley

SAY WHATTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2008
don't nail the Red Sox coffin just yet fellas . . . I still think they've got some juice left, though the last two games they've looked like scared kids who got beat up & had their lunch money stolen. It'll be hard to come back from 3-1 but we've had worse . . . just ask the yankees  cool

As for the addition of Roy williams, there were reports on espn that Jerry Jones "consulted" with TO before making the deal and TO was happy about it . . . anyone with 2 eyes and a brain can see that Jerry Jones is prepping for the absence of TO.

A-40 I can't help but feel a storm in brewing in Dallas . . .  grin  cool  with all these fireworks, something's gotta give.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2008
@Jesoul
I don't think T.O is going anywhere anytime soon don't worry things would cool down at the Cowboys pretty soon and even in T.O's absence things would still go on fine.I just wish we didn't always have to hit the panic button each time we lose i mean the Pats lost,the Bears,the Giants i could go on and on but the sky didn't fall down so why has it got to be different with the Cowboys
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2008
well well well who woulda thot Romo has some grit n gut in him . . . he wants to play in spite of the broken pinkie smiley. A-40 I tire oh! every other story on espn is on the cowboys . . . I know more about ur boys than I'd like
. . . Pacman is going to rehab
. . . TO is allegedly happy 'bout Roy
. . . Jerry Jones is crazy grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2008
JeSoul:

well well well who woulda thot Romo has some grit n gut in him . . . he wants to play in spite of the broken pinkie smiley. A-40 I tire oh! every other story on espn is on the cowboys . . . I know more about ur boys than I'D like
. . . Pacman is going to rehab
. . . TO is allegedly happy 'bout Roy
. . . Jerry Jones is crazy grin
I weak ooh all this ruckus for a team that has not won a playoff game for about 12 years.ESPN would practically shutdown if the Cowboys win the next Superbowl

That Pacman sef if he doesn't get his shit together what he should be going for is a trade

Jerry Jones crazy? lol tell me something that i don't know

Hmm I think Romo should go and spend some quality time with Jessica Simpson so he doesn't end up daydreaming about her when he is supposed to throw down crucial TD passes but on second thought Romo's numbers have not been too shabby he just needs to step up when its crunch time thats all

I am keen on seeing your darling Red Sox bite the dust today grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2008
See me see trouble ooo.

I was already thinking of witty retorts wey I go use torment Jesoul today.

Only for those Floridians to mess up

They had berra close this thing out.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2008
grin  grin look at these yeye boys . . . na una bite dust today!  grin  The Sox have lived to die another day, phew that was almost an embarrassment. If there's anything we know about in Boston, it is comeback victories - Sox, Celtics, Pats. Now they need to channel their inner hero and pull off another 2 upsets.
Doyin what was that that your mama taught you? not to count those chickens before they hatch huh?  grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2008
Week 7 Picks

SD vs Bills  - I got Buffalo on this one, SD are nuthin but talented posers   
Vikes vs Chicago  - Look for a bounce back by the bears   
Pitt vs Cincy - wow I think the Bengals are going to be 0-7     
Bal vs Miami  I'm going with the Fins   
SF vs NYG  hehe another upset would be lovely . . .   
Dallas vs STL  - the Cowboys on this one
Detroit vs Houston - Detroit is 0-5, Houston is 1-4 . . . who do we think needs it more?  grin   
Indy vs GB - I'm going with Rodgers & and the Pack on this   
Cleveland vs Redskins - I expect the Reds to get the W

MNF
Denver @ NE - Denver is a decent team but also suck in defense. A victory for the Patriots is more likely than not.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:49am On Oct 18, 2008
BOLTS VS BILLS: With the way they dismissed the Pats last week i wouldn't go against them doing the same against the Bills they would be too high on confidence not to take this one.Phil Rivers rocks smiley

Vikings vs Chicago:Wouldn't bet against the Bears but last week no one saw them losing to the Falcons and the Vikings are not a poor side

Steelers vs Bengals:Ocho Clowno is going down 0-7 there is no point coming out to play sef

Ravens vs Dolphins:With the way the Colts decapitated the Ravens last week its hard to see them recovering so soon just yet i would stick with the Dolphins

49ers vs Giants:As a division rival i would be hoping the Giants lose but i think it would be better i focus on the Cowboys rather than the Giants the Giants are my pick

Cowboys vs Rams:Romo or no Romo a loss is unacceptable come on Cowboys make T.O happy grin

Lions vs Houston:First and Foremost i think calling them the Lions is a big disrespect to that wonderful animal i think their name should be changed to the Chihuahua's or the Detroit Rats.The Texans should win this

Packers vs Colts:Now this is a tight one its always hard going against a team coming on the back of a comprehensive victory but i think i would damn the consequences and go with Green Bay

Cleveland vs Redskins:I would play division bad-belle here and go for the Browns

Broncos vs Pats: I voted against the Pats last week and i was spot on i am not changing that winning formula.Denver will win

@Jesoul
Lol your Red Sox lived to die another day but its all good nice come back from as far as 5-0 down

Una wey wan watch Superbowl i hope you guys have started saving up cash or are planning to donate your organs or something

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-superbowltickets&prov=ap&type=lgns
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 12:56am On Oct 18, 2008
JeSoul:

; Doyin what was that that your mama taught you? not to count those chickens before they hatch huh?  grin

No shaking, . . . . .I have stored up my wisecracks for after the Sox are eliminated.

Don't count chickens before they are hatched. . . .Ahn Ahn, I work on Wall Street na. Its wholly expected tongue tongue tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 2:34am On Oct 18, 2008
we have to shut down adrian peterson and force gus ferotte to beat us. please i beg every bears corner back with whatever God they worship to please please cover bernard berrian. no more 4th quarter surprises, i no get medical insurance o embarassed

upset picks

SD over the bills
Rams over the cowboys
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 3:13am On Oct 18, 2008
bawomolo:

we have to shut down adrian peterson and force gus ferotte to beat us. please i beg every bears corner back with whatever God they worship to please please cover bernard berrian. no more 4th quarter surprises, i no get medical insurance o embarassed

upset picks
Rams over the cowboys

Hehehe u nor serious i think you would be wishing you had that medical insurance come Sunday
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 3:20am On Oct 18, 2008
siddon for corner, i can envision big game tory holt burning that secondary.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 3:32am On Oct 18, 2008
bawomolo:

siddon for corner, i can envision big game tory holt burning that secondary.
They should be more worried about Marion Barber connecting to a TD pass or Mark Austin doing the same.T.O rarely has two quiet games back to back its gonna be a rout
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2008
What is wrong with these Cowboys now angry angry angry how can we be getting our asses kicked by the Rams?Our defense is zilch
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by jgirl3: 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2008
A-40:

What is wrong with these Cowboys now angry angry angry how can we be getting our asses kicked by the Rams?Our defense is zilch
Accept my sympathy.
I would have been laughing at you now but all my laughter is soaked in my hopeful wishes for saints. I really hope we win.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2008
i told you A-40, that defense is more leaky than a broken pipe. the cowboys dialed 1-800 ass whooping. poor tampa rays, talk about choking

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (80) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Son And Lionel Messi Meet At The Best FIFA Awards / Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez In Tears After Hat-trick (Phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.