Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (69547 Views)

Weekend Betting Tips (11-12/04/2015) / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Tribute To Africans Who Play In The NFL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:23am On Oct 25, 2008
JeSoul:

As usual, here are the weekend picks smiley

Week 8

TB vs Cowboys - the recent struggles of the 'Boys + going against a 5-2 team . . . the only positive is they're playing at home
Washington vs Det - No self-respecting team loses to the wigers
Buffalo vs MIA - I expect the bills to continue their winning ways in sunny miami
St.Lou @ NE - Cassel must now show that the 3TD no INT performance last week was not a statistical outlier
San Diego vs NO - ah yes the treat for our London friends over at Wembley stadium. Since SD cannot win in America, perhaps they might win in Europe tongue
Atl vs Philly - a chance for Philly to make that NFC east div much more tighter, but the falcons are not too shabby themselves
Cincy vs HOU - its the clash of the wuss-tans grin The first real chance for the bengals to get in the win column. If they lose to the Texans that would be beyond shameful. By the way . . . where is Onyinye? cheesy
NYG @ Pittsburgh - 1st Game of the weekend - I'm going with Big Ben on this one, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" cool

MNF
Indy vs TEN - the other game of the weekend - The last undefeated team in the league going up against former AFC superpower Colts. I think Tennesee will stay undefeated, the Colts offense lacks chemistry and momentum, they are a shadow of the previous years.
TB - COWBOYS:With the way those boys have been playing lately i wouldn't bet my snack money on them.I am silently hoping they win because 0-3 would be rather hard to take plus we would be 3rd in the NFC East and if the Eagles win it could get a lot worse

Redskins vs Detroit:Makes it all more important that the Cowboys win there is no way the Redskins wouldn't beat Detroit

BILLS vs DOLPHINS: I see the Bills bouncing back and taking this one the Dolphins seemed to have gone into hibernation since beating the Chargers and the Pats

RAMS vs PATS: I don't think the Rams are that good of a side we where so whack last week we made them look good.Jesoul i see you guys winning this one Cassel needs some confidence-boosting to become a consistent performer so that y'all could at least make the play-offs

Chargers vs Saints: Thats going to be a hum-dinger i do like the Chargers but the way they wax hot and cold is very mysterious i would be suprised if they don't beat a Saints outfit without Reggie Bush though that would be the height of it

Falcons vs Eagles: Battle of the birds lol.I would play Division bad-belle as usual and hope the Eagles lose.They must lose ooh grin grin

Bengals vs Texans: I think Onyinye's Texans should get their 3rd win heck at this rate they just might catch up with their TX neighbours if we keep playing rubbish Ocho Clowno is a sure banker for 0-8

Giants vs Steelers
: This game is the Koko i would just sit back and enjoy i wouldn't dare predict the winner on this one

Colts vs Titans: I don't know but why do i get that feeling that the Titans would get beat this weekend.And each time you write the Colts off they have a way of coming back to bite ya i have a feeling thats what would happen this weekend
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 2:19am On Oct 27, 2008
Thank Goodness ooh finally we won.We played some uncharacteristic good defense today which was a breath of fresh air but those Tampa Bay boys really gave me a scare with their final drive but i am glad we can finally get this monkey off our back but wait there is another monkey gorilla to face in Week 9 our nemesis last season the Giants and if the way they beat the Steelers is anything to go by then we really need to up our game if we are going to survive those guys

Oakland 10
Baltimore 29

Arizona 23
Carolina 27

Tampa Bay 9
Dallas 13

Washington 25
Detroit 17

Buffalo 16
Miami 25

St. Louis 16
New England 23

San Diego 32
New Orleans 37

Kansas City 24
NY Jets 28

Atlanta 14
Philadelphia 27

Cincinnati 6
Houston 35

Cleveland 23
Jacksonville 17

NY Giants 21
Pittsburgh 14

San Francisco 13
Seattle 34
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:32am On Oct 27, 2008
you should be very scared with brad johnson as your QB
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2008
wow SD cannot even win against the bush-less saints . . . what a bunch of 'potential' losers

and Cincy lost to Houston? shocked now 0-8 this is beyond shameful

all the NFC east teams won yday - A-40 its gon be tight for the teams there to make the playoffs. And I agree with Bawo, Brad Johnson looks unstable to me too cheesy

in other good news, the Pats are actually tied with the Bills now for the AFC east lead, our playoff chances r looking good. Cassel was just okay. I need to see this against a quality opponent before I'm sold.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2008
marvin lewis should just just resign and avoid the embarrasment. carson palmer is out for the season. double wahala embarassed embarassed
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 7:28pm On Oct 27, 2008
Abi Oh . . . I think Lewis should recuse himself asap. Palmer should thank his stars he won't be on the field the rest of the season, what an embarrasment embarassed

And Bawo u see the way my the Phillies are spanking the Rays? grin Revenge feels good baby! cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2008
@Jesoul
Are you a Phillie? lol

As for the Cowboys i am just happy we won but i am so-so scared of those Giants and with Brad Johnson at QB we just might need a miracle the NFC East is a dungeon and we have boxed ourselves into a tight corner with shocking losses to the Rams and Cardinals undecided

Ocho-Clowno should take up acting he and his Bengals suck where is onyinye?
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2008
The Chargers really dropped a clanger with the employment of Norv Turner.
For someone regarded as a bit of an offensive wiz he has masterminded
the gradual decline in LT's numbers. And the defence seems to be devoid
of any heart. . . .Shawn Merriman or no Shawn Merriman.

Marvin Johnson. . . .Black men can't coach  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue

In the packed NFC East. . .I am backing the Redskins to come out on top.
Don't ask me why oo. . .Its just a hunch, so it will prolly go to the Eagles.

My sleeper pick for the NFC . . . .the Panthers. Good defence, underrated quaterback
and not too much hoopla

As for the Patriots. . .If they make the playoffs, it will be very very very annoying  cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:19am On Oct 28, 2008
jake delhomme isn't underrated. he is what he is, irrelevant without the steve smith/mushin muhammed combo.

suspended game, na rain save them phillies. the rays could have made a comeback grin

LT is declining due to wear and tear. LT is actually still pretty good. the decline of guys like shaun alexander and edgarrin james have been worse. clinton portis is now healthy. yeah i'd go with the redskins.

jesoul - do you agree with me about bryan westbrook being more valuable than air mcnabb??
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2008
A-40,
yes oh I'm a temporary Phillie . . . until spring training then the affair will be over cool. And I hear say the cowboys might be benching good ol' Brad Johnson for the the 3rd string QB? monster game against the Giants next wk.

Bawo,
au contraire, you meant the rain saved the Rays from receiving the complete 4-1 spanking? grin The Phils will end it tonight. As for Westbrook, he's def earning his pay with all that mileage BUT what happens when the eagles play against a good defensive team that nullifies his running game? You can't have a 1-dimensional offense.
Apart from injuries McNabb woulda had a much more storied career. To me while Brian is no doubt a huge piece of their attack, McNabb is still a bigger piece. And as soon as he goes to a smarter team that knows how to take full advantage of his skills, we'll really see how much of a talent he is.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2008
Doyin, I imagine the kind of trouble maker you must be  grin  cool  The Pats will make the playoffs (AMEN AMEN!) and you'll eat crow *insert evil laugh here*
  I've been saying the chargers are posers. Teams like Det and Oak have a reason to suck but SD with all that pride and talent, a daggone shame. LT is done. He's just as diluted and weak as the soups he's eating in those Campbells commercials.

And it's not too much of a stretch to pick Washington to win the NFC east - they've certainly shown they have the spine to do so. It'll be fun to watch this season wrap up - for those who don't make it, it will be circ-stacular!  grin

@MNF -
the Titans are for REAL! Still undefeated. Maybe people will start talking about them now? they're still somehow under the radar despite their flawless record. and as for the colts - they can kiss the playoffs goodbye, because it ain't happening this yr.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2008
JeSoul:

A-40,
yes oh I'm a temporary Phillie . . . until spring training then the affair will be over cool. And I hear say the cowboys might be benching good ol' Brad Johnson for the the 3rd string QB? monster game against the Giants next wk.

If i tell you i am not scared i am lying.I ain't heavy on baseball but this World Series has not been all that i am sure the Phillies would win though

On the game with the Giants i don't want Brad Johnson in that game i don't know why Romo picked this time of the year to get injured,Pacman Jones decided to act a fool and some other key players like Felix Jones are also struggling with injury.T.O has been too quiet for my liking lately both on and off the field

As for the Colts if what they played on Monday is anything to go by then their case is hopeless but who knows they could just sneak through the backdoor into the playoffs
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 12:47am On Oct 29, 2008
I wouldn't disregard the Colts just yet. . . .

I watched the first three quarters of last night's game, and they were able
to get their running game back in gear and Manning had a lot of time to throw
the ball. And this was against a respected Titan D-line.
All signs the offensive line is getting back to the form of previous seasons.

As for the titans, this was my first time seeing them this season, and I have to say
I am not sold on them. Kerry Collins as a quaterback is a safe pair of hands, but their
reluctance to open up the playbook and throw the deep ball will have defences playing
really close up to the line of scrimmage as the Colts did last night. Their running game did not
really impress me that much either for the time I watched them. and someone tell lendale white
to hit the gym jor.

@Bawomolo

On Jake Delhomme. . .well he is not extraordinary but I still think his name should
be considered in the top echelon of current NFL quarterbacks. I look around and frankly
I can't think of many better.

And remember he led this team to the Super Bowl without the services of Steve Smith for
much of the season due to disciplinary problems. And puhleasse, I can understand Steve Smith
but Mushin kini. Make the guy go siddon for errr. . . .MUSHIN cheesy cheesy grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2008
Doyin abeg stick a fork in dem Colts - they are done! cheesy no playoffs this yr cool

A-40, take heart & keep those fingers crossed grin. I've been sending enuff bad vibes the Giants way, who knows it might materialize into negative play when they play you guys next wknd cool . . . and I thot I was the only one who was eerily disturbed by TO's silence . . . grin cheesy what an irony.

By the way has anyone seen lazyfaire Lasiefaire? cheesy
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2008
JeSoul:

Doyin abeg stick a fork in them Colts - they are done! cheesy no playoffs this yr cool

A-40, take heart & keep those fingers crossed grin. I've been sending enough bad vibes the Giants way, who knows it might materialize into negative play when they play you guys next wknd cool . . . and I thot I was the only one who was eerily disturbed by TO's silence . . . grin cheesy what an irony.

By the way has anyone seen lazyfaire Lasiefaire? cheesy
I am here oh,  cheesy
So that is what you call me behind my back angry
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2008
@Jesoul
I hope your bad vibes work lol even though i think we would need more than just your bad vibes to beat the King Kong Giants
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

I am here oh, cheesy
So that is what you call me behind my back angry
E jo, e ma binu cheesy I was only doing what it took to bring you out of hiding grin

A-40,
my bad vibes have been tried and proven . . . how do you think the Tampa Bay Rays got beat so easily? cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2008
JeSoul:

E jo, e ma binu cheesy I was only doing what it took to bring you out of hiding grin

A-40,
my bad vibes have been tried and proven . . . how do you think the Tampa Bay Rays got beat so easily? cool
Lol i really hope so it would be suicidal if we don't beat those Giants after what they did to us last season
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2008
You know its a strange world when the Colts and Texans are actually TIED in their division . . . hehe  grin

games this weekend:
Jets vs Bills - If jets win they creep up on the pats, if the bills win they overtake the pats . . .  what a conundrum! can they both lose?
Chi vs Det - Chicago will not have an easier opponent all yr 
Jax vs Cincy - well Housh guaranteed a victory, but I'm guessing we can't take that to the bank
GreenBay vs Ten - I don't think GB is good enough to end the Titans streak     
Dallas vs Giants - all hell will break loose if the Cowboys don't win grin    

Philly vs Seattle - Eagles should pick up this necessary win to stay in the running
Patriots vs Indy - if Cassel can go on the road in Indianapolis and win I will finally get off his back  cheesy   

MNF
Pitt vs Washington - should be a fun game all around, if Big ben can take better care of the ball, 4 INTs last week is not the signature of a smart QB.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2008
Onyinye go begin they show face now. them wowo colts could get a wildcard if joseph addai and bob sanders come back early. dominic rhodes is trash.

doyin3, i get what u saying. steve smith is a beast. ask charles tillman grin.

anyway it's gonna be fun watching the bears put up a ton of points on the lions. did you guys hear dante cuolpepper(sp) is about to make a comeback with the lions.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2008
Jets vs Bills: Its going to be a very good game both teams could use a win but i fancy the Jets on this one

Bears vs Lions: I don't know if Bears eat Lions in real life but its definitely going to happen on the football field.I feel for the Detroit fans that have to watch this shitty team week in week out don't worry Detroit its only 6 or 7 weeks left the pain would soon be over

Jaguars vs Bengals: Sorry fellas there are no prizes for guessing who wins this Feline war.Did i hear someone say 0-9? grin grin

Packers vs Titans: The Packers have been a big let-down i knew they would miss Favre but i didn't expect it to be this bad Mr Rodgers has just been too damn inconsistent but the Titans run have to end someday maybe Green Bay can do it

Cowboys vs Giants: We are going to need a lot of luck and then some to beat these guys where its going to come from i don't know but i have no choice but to back my team

Eagles vs Seahawks: As much as i would not want to Eagles to win i would be suprised if they didn't and would rather channel my energy in hoping we upset the Giants

Pats vs Colts
: The Patriots should win this one for no good reason at all

Steelers vs Redskins: This is where division bad-belle comes in coupled with the fact that the Steelers are my 2nd favorite team if Big Ben gets protection from his D the Steelers should take this game
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2008
i'm finished, kyle orton just went down embarassed cry
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2008
@bawomolo
You guys cannot possibly be losing to the Lions shocked shocked

Jeez even the Bengals are winning
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2008
we are leading 27-23. rex grossman didn't turn the ball over. this could be a miracle
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2008
bears recover a fumble. the bears are playing defense in the 4th. grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2008
You guys narrowly escaped but the big suprise is Jacksonville losing to the Bengals i knew the Jaguars where inconsistent but not this badly

Who would stop these Titans though? Green Bay tried stretched it to OT but came up short

The Giants are really kicking our asses 14-0 and the 1st quarter ain't even over yet
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2008
whatever.  brad johnson or brook bollinger  grin what sucks is you guys dashed the lions your ist round pick
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2008
These guys are giving us a serious beatdown three touchdown passes from Eli Manning and its only half-time and he is not even trying hard
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 1:36am On Nov 03, 2008
The Cowboys bow to the Giants.We where thoroughly beaten embarassed 35-14
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by ochocinco1(m): 3:10am On Nov 03, 2008
its Ocho Cinco y'all. cool cool cool cool

Cincy on the way to the playoffs. . . . . cool cool cool

Haters can lick my granny's wrinkled IDI tongue tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by myndofgold(f): 3:42am On Nov 03, 2008
I am soo pissed!!! so the cowboys are out because Tony Romo couldnt suck it up and play with his "pinkie"!!! AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:13am On Nov 03, 2008
myndofgold:

I am soo pissed!!! so the cowboys are out because Tony Romo couldnt suck it up and play with his "pinkie"!!! AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Not like i was expecting them to win i mean even with Romo and home advantage in the last playoffs we still got our asses kicked its just the fact that we where clueless from start to finish that's the most annoying part

At this rate we might not even have to worry about not winning a playoff game because we wouldn't be in the playoffs

The Cowboys are now bottom of NFC East despite the fact that the Redskins are yet to play and to think we started 3-0 embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (80) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Son And Lionel Messi Meet At The Best FIFA Awards / Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez In Tears After Hat-trick (Phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.