Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . (803 Views)

Story Of How I Met The Love Of My Live(with Pix) / This Brazilian Town Entirely Made Up Of Single Women Searching For Husbands / Love Spell To Win The Love Of Someone You Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hi fellow nairalanders, I seriously need your advice on this. I need to find the love of my live.

I have contributed several times to discussions under career, academics, money and general stuff, but when it comes to love, dating and relationships, I have very little to contribute.

This is simply because I have never FALLEN IN LOVE. I consider myself to be intelligent, attractive and well-to-do, and I don't usually have problems with finding smart beautiful ladies to date. How long will I continue to hear Love stories without having mine to tell?

I am 25 yrs old now, and everything is set to get married. Do I simply pick the smartest, prettiest, and best mannered of my girlfriends to marry? Or do I continue to wait for Love? If so, how can I love? or better still, how do I know when am I'm in Love?
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by spikedcylinder: 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2008
If you are in love, you don't need a third party to tell you. You would FEEL it! smiley
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by tope2000(f): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
if u are 25yrs then arent u old enough to choose the person you want to spend the rest of your life with undecided
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by spikedcylinder: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2008
tope2000:

if u are 25yrs then arent u old enough to choose the person you want to spend the rest of your life with undecided

Why not? If they court for 2 or 3 years and they get married afterwards, what is wrong with that?
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by sistawoman: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2008
you will know it when it comes.  We cant tell you what to do but just caution you to follow your heart and do what is best for you.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by nana(f): 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2008
*walks in singing fall in love*

spikedcylinder:

If you are in love, you don't need a third party to tell you. You would FEEL it! smiley
Right!

server33:

Hi fellow nairalanders, I seriously need your advice on this. I need to find the love of my live.

I have contributed several times to discussions under career, academics, money and general stuff, but when it comes to love, dating and relationships, I have very little to contribute.

This is simply because I have never FALLEN IN LOVE. I consider myself to be intelligent, attractive and well-to-do, and I don't usually have problems with finding smart beautiful ladies to date. How long will I continue to hear Love stories without having mine to tell?

I am 25 years old now, and everything is set to get married. Do I simply pick the smartest, prettiest, and best mannered of my girlfriends to marry? Or do I continue to wait for Love? If so, how can I love? or better still, how do I know when am I'm in Love?
So,all ur girlfriends have these features? BTW,U need just one person. Having numerous girlfriends would confuse ur mind and brain. To fall in love,u have to follow ur heart. Let go of ur fears. Try to see beyond the physical features.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by tope2000(f): 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Why not? If they court for 2 or 3 years and they get married afterwards, what is wrong with that?

wat are you talking abt??
im sayin hes old enough to know the best girl for him to marry.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by agaba123(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2008
nana:

*walks in singing fall in love*
Right!
So,all your girlfriends have these features? BTW,You need just one person. Having numerous girlfriends would confuse your mind and brain. To fall in love,u have to follow your heart. Let go of your fears. Try to see beyond the physical features.

nana the relationship counsellor.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by zeal500: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2008
@TOPE2000, if u are 25, u sure can get married.
Maturity is not by age cos u can b 6 years but with high level thinking and maturity.

@Poster, follow ur heart and free ur mind ur true love will find u
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by nana(f): 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2008
agaba123:

nana the relationship counsellor.

Oginni?
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by Gamine(f): 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2008
@Poster.

Marriage will not Solve your Loneliness issues.

I have met someone like you and i know what the underlying issue is.

Why dont you stop being self-centered, You will get someone

and you guys will become great for each other, there is no magic formula.

Love is a Commitment.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by tope2000(f): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2008
zeal500:

@TOPE2000, if u are 25, u sure can get married.
Maturity is not by age because u can b 6 years but with high level thinking and maturity.

I guess from reading the poster's post at not knowing whether he is to go for smartest, prettiest, and best mannered of his girlfriends to marry then i agree age isnt maturity.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by spikedcylinder: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2008
tope2000:

what are you talking about??
im sayin hes old enough to know the best girl for him to marry.

I'm saying that 25 is not too old to be in a committed relationship.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by tope2000(f): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2008
i never said he was wink
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by agaba123(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2008
ok
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by Busta(f): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2008
stop serching for love and let love find u!
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for your contributions. This is what I could pick out -

Stop worrying about the fact that you are getting older and wait for love. It will surely come, and you will know when it comes.

I hope that's right, If not, I'd appreciate more comments.

@ Tope, Yes I'm old enough to know a good lady to marry, the point is that I dont know whether or not it is Love.
@ Gamine, I dont think I'm celf-centered cos if I was I wouldnt be asking publicly for advice, I'd just believe I have it going-on. Also, if Loneliness means living without Love then I am, otherwise, . . . I dont think so.

Maybe answers to this question may help - To all happily married persons - Did u marry out of Love? Or can Love develop out of Marriage?
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2008
And you waited till 25 to worry about marriage? Were you procrastinating? joking!

Anywayz, the best of lock luck
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by topup: 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
What has probably happened is the case, where you have dedicated most if not all your time to achieving your academic and financial goals and working, you have spent very little time in the past trying to learn more and interact with women. I am not saying you are shy or timid, all I am saying is that, it is probably only now that you have time for women.

Don't worry, you will know when you are in love, and you may as well have been without knowing it, the truest of love, is one that makes you content, not the one that is written and depicted in stories and movies. When you are in love, you are happy in life, with your partner, it should not be a strategic move, some people are able to achieve a love like that in the movies, but as time passes, a long lasting relationship is made by hard work and not just walks in the park.

I advice that you start meeting more people, don't act desperate to get married, but you may be reasonably pushy with being outgoing and meeting new people, you need to make more female friends and also ask your friends about suitable matches. Start dating, first focus on what you have in common with the woman in terms of goals and aspirations, and then pinpoint early habits that you really cannot tolerate, if the woman passes these two first tests then you should give the relationship your all, don't try and follow the rule book, do what comes natural, care for her like you would like to be cared, treat her like a very very close friend, hopefully you find this woman attractive, if so, things should come naturally.

Maybe, you haven't fallen in love because you have not let yourself release your emotions, if you don't give you can't receive, you need to express yourself and your truest feelings in your relationships, this way you can learn more from the relationship, understand the benefits and disadvantages of certain things.

Practice makes perfect, just take it slow, just make sure you make an effort to be open minded and step out of the norm.

I need more information if I am to further suggest any tips, the above is pretty general.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2008
Nice1 topup. Wassup wit d pink? If its wat am thinking, am a fan too. Tnx
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by iice(f): 1:50am On Sep 20, 2008
You'll know when it happens.
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by dyabman(m): 1:54am On Sep 20, 2008
topup:

What has probably happened is the case, where you have dedicated most if not all your time to achieving your academic and financial goals and working, you have spent very little time in the past trying to learn more and interact with women. I am not saying you are shy or timid, all I am saying is that, it is probably only now that you have time for women.

Don't worry, you will know when you are in love, and you may as well have been without knowing it, the truest of love, is one that makes you content, not the one that is written and depicted in stories and movies. When you are in love, you are happy in life, with your partner, it should not be a strategic move, some people are able to achieve a love like that in the movies, but as time passes, a long lasting relationship is made by hard work and not just walks in the park.

I advice that you start meeting more people, don't act desperate to get married, but you may be reasonably pushy with being outgoing and meeting new people, you need to make more female friends and also ask your friends about suitable matches. Start dating, first focus on what you have in common with the woman in terms of goals and aspirations, and then pinpoint early habits that you really cannot tolerate, if the woman passes these two first tests then you should give the relationship your all, don't try and follow the rule book, do what comes natural, care for her like you would like to be cared, treat her like a very very close friend, hopefully you find this woman attractive, if so, things should come naturally.

Maybe, you haven't fallen in love because you have not let yourself release your emotions, if you don't give you can't receive, you need to express yourself and your truest feelings in your relationships, this way you can learn more from the relationship, understand the benefits and disadvantages of certain things.

Practice makes perfect, just take it slow, just make sure you make an effort to be open minded and step out of the norm.

I need more information if I am to further suggest any tips, the above is pretty general.

wetin sef
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by topup: 2:25am On Sep 20, 2008
dyabman:

wetin sef

I'm not good at pidgin, what's 'wetin sef' mean ,
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by dyabman(m): 2:28am On Sep 20, 2008
topup:

I'm not good at pidgin, what's 'wetin sef' mean ,

its frustratn reading ur post for 2hours! argggggghhhh
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by topup: 2:45am On Sep 20, 2008
Nah that's not what it means! Does it just mean you're frustrated?
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by dyabman(m): 3:03am On Sep 20, 2008
that statement refers to many ways of expression
Re: Searching For The Love Of My Life. . . by dyabman(m): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2008
got that Top up

(1) (Reply)

A 9ice Romantic Friday Evening In Shomolu / How Do I Get My Freedom Back.i Need Help. / Religion Indifference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.