Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? (33997 Views)

"What We Would Do If Our Boyfriends Proposed With Cheap Rings" - Young Ladies / She Dont Agree To Us Having Sex She Said I Will Die If She Open Up / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by amaikama(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2008
To me, i think she gave him the feeling that wine and dining is all that she ever wanted. that why he wine and dine her than to assist her financially. A reasonable man should know there is more to any relationship with a lady than just wine and dine a lady. there should be a financial sacrifices.

Let her ask since he is not seeing what she is going through and if he find it difficult to assist, she should put one foot in and one foot out in the relationship. he is just showing himself.

Take care.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by elrufai2(m): 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2008
@ Poster

How about telling your friend to get her lazy arse a job rather than depending on some dude for survival? That is much more realistic and honorable. As they say "A word is enough for the wise".

I aint sayin' she's a gold digger, but she aint messin' wit no broke nigga
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by tempestous: 10:17pm On Feb 27, 2008
@post
def NO!!! i dnt even even want his help financially. period!!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by doyin13(m): 10:50pm On Feb 27, 2008
who were you before this reincarnation
tempestous:

@post
i

who were you before this reincarnation
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by tempestous: 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2008
huh?
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by doyin13(m): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2008
don't huh me. . . .ok lemme use lang. u will understand

wetin be ur id before you take this one?
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by LadyT(f): 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2008
Haba Doyin you love woman too much!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by doyin13(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2008
LadyT:

Haba Doyin you love woman too much!

where you get that idea from

this na my fave song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by tempestous: 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2008
doyin13:

wetin be your id before you take this one?
hmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by uspry1(f): 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2008
I disagree with having boyfriend assist me financially without my request to ask. I am very much financial independence where most guys are not comfortable with.

Only husband if I marry,is allowing to assist me financially as it arises in emergency circumstances.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 28, 2008
tempestous:

@post
like my sweet sister said ( cheesy) NO!!!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by 4Him(m): 2:31am On Feb 28, 2008
your sister indeed.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 28, 2008
4Him:

your sister indeed.
yes na. . . i didn't tell ya? she's my half sister from another mother. .
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by 4Him(m): 2:37am On Feb 28, 2008
I know, i was just wonder why u both are never online at the same time.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 28, 2008
4Him:

I know, i was just wonder why u both are never online at the same time.
LOL. . . david, gbe enu e s'oun. . .i wonder too. . hmmmmm!! my devious sis is up to no good angry
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Tayogeorge(m): 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2008
maturity count in relationships. either can give ,a friend inneed is a friend indeed, but when it becomes right of one party to give for one weak/premitive reason, i conclude the relationship is on weak foundation, both should add more effort and think of capacity building, say entrepanuerial development. it helps.

there are businesses that gives referal commission these days and i can introduce it to anybody in need of,say 5000 upto 50,000 naira monthly-depending on you. you work anytime you like, you can start within your community, no yawa, maybe ladies should get involve to help out here, man dey tryingooooooooooooooooo
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by madamkoko: 5:00am On Jun 09, 2008
@ poster: if u're not married or a financee why should your bf help out ?

Asking for help in my opinion, screams "gold digger" . If you need help ask your papa and mama, the ones that gave birth to you.

I don't think that a woman should put her self in a situation where by her bf sortta feels responsible for her, it spells nothing but trouble.

She can ask her church members, her girlfriendds, her parents, the bank, or she can get a job and make her own money. shooo!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by krama(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2008
I agree with madamkoko. Your boyfriend is not obligated to assist you financially. On the other hand, if he decides to assist you on his won, that's ok.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by spoilt(f): 5:56am On Jun 09, 2008
Drives me crazy when a girl is suffering, broke as heck and her boyfriend cant see it. Of course you are not obliged but as the saying goes "If you dont water your garden, someone else will!" grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by tobaaro(m): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2008
spoilt:

"If you don't water your garden, someone else will!" grin
And the next ryt thing wuld be 2 start screwing the "Gardner" because e don water garden a coupl of tyms

"We can not say because we want 2 eat beef, Call Cow our Uncle"
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Gabry(f): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2008
Dear poster,

I noticed that everytime when it comes to money, the guy is always reffered to as the victim and the one whom should pay for everything. I actually disagree cause this is the 21st century and these days, guy or girl, both have to help each other and willing to work hand in hand in financial issues and so is the rest and thats what you call a couple. Why should the guy pay all the time for the girl since both sexes are given the free life and choice to work and get their own money?

And also, does her boyfriend knows that she has a financial problem? You see, sometimes if the person has a problem, the person cannot expect for her/his partner to know if he/she did not tell him/her so maybe she could try talking to him and ask for some help and she will be able to help him out in the future in return if he needed any help.

Please ladies, Dont depend on your guy for money as you are working and earning your own money yourself. You have your own money and yet your guy have to give you money to spend then what do you use your money for? This is a give and take situation so I think both sexes should be able to share the financial burden no matter what. Even if your guy is well off than you, it doesn't mean that you could just use him for his money. To ask for help would be appropriate but to depend like a parasit is never good based on my personal opinion.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by squirrel20(f): 9:46am On Jun 09, 2008
spoilt:

Drives me crazy when a girl is suffering, broke as heck and her boyfriend can't see it. Of course you are not obliged but as the saying goes "If you don't water your garden, someone else will!" grin

I STRONGLY AGREE WITH YOU.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by bimsluv: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2008
Why shouldn't the guy help,a friend in need is a friend indeed
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Tomme(f): 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2008
I think while it is quite true that a woman should be independent and try to fend for herself, it goes without gainsaying that there comes a time in everybody's life where you'll need the help of another whether financial or otherwise.

For a woman in a relationship, her boyfriend is her rock and solace in this times of distress.
For the guy she loves to act aloof in a time like this would only convey the message of an uncaring, selfish person to her and if she cannot find the boldness to ask him for help, she'll get help somewhere else.
But she'll never forget how he treated her then and it may affect their relationship
For a guy to say he owes no obligation to no woman except his wife is wrong.
If that is the case, keep your d**k and pocket till u get maried.

I'm not saying that a guy has to pay for sex, but with every act comes responsibility,
If a woman trusts u enough to let u into her life, her heart and her body, it is the least that u can do to help her out of a tight spot.

I'm not talking about extravagant girls who think every man is their 'mugu', i'm talking about responsible girls in relationship with responsible guys.

So guys, i guess its time u took up your responsibilities and stopped running away from them under one pretence or the other.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by aisha12(f): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2008
men are like that even the married ones will choose not to support you once you strart working talk less of just dating. well my advice to men is the best way to have peace with your working wife is not put your eyes in her earnings and that way there will be peace nad you will no have any confrontation
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by joomiegal(f): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2008
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! why on earth not? i really, really, hate it when i have to ask, but if push comes to shove i WILL ask!arent you guys supposed to be friends, and if u see a friend needing help u'll just stand by and watch?

4 all the women out there singing beyonce's "independent woman" na una sabi. good luck to u. i used to be that way before i wised up. Yes, i DEF believ a woman shld hav her own cash, but the guy too has responsibilities.

you have to make him get used to carrying some responsibilities else u'll wind up like my nieghbour who's always whining that her hubby doesn't pay the kids' fees or give her money etc. And he's loaded! she too was doing 'miss independent woman-i can pay my bills-buy my own stuff-etc.
i can't abide stingy guys, cos i happen to be generous myself. not with cash per se, but wot about gifts? seeing a nice shirt or palm slippers or something, and buying it on impulse even tho its not his birthday cos u know he'll love it? woteva happened to lovin and givin?
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Malinza: 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2008
I do give and never seen any body who has given me. I am not saying he should be giving her money for her day to day wutever but at least help at times when she needs it most

Thats true
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by jkpretty(f): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2008
In my own Opinion, whoever does not give does not love or prolly stingy, we are not asking that u pour all the cash on her, She needs not ask before u give neither should she be in a point of need before u act. Giving to somebody u love is on impulse, You just find yourself doing it. I don't see it as assistance too. I see it more like a thing of commitment. More like a surprise thingy E.g "I'm sending some money to your account, use it for your hair". He doesn't have to wait for a major event. Kai! I would never ask. But if i see he is taking it for granted, i'll bow out.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by tobaaro(m): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2008
Giv a girl an inch and she'll take 400km

B4 u kno watsapnin' u go don turn father christmas for july grin

Running off!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2008
NEVER sit back and expect a man to take care of you.Later they will use it to bash you. Get up and work, make your own dough, so as to ensure you don't allow them to walk over you. My 2cents,
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Antidote~:

NEVER sit back and expect a man to take care of you.Later they will use it to bash you. Get up and work, make your own dough, so as to ensure you don't allow them to walk over you. My 2cents,

even tho i make my dough . . I still expect ma man to spend on me and gimme money when I need am.
its good to look to this fyneee abeg.
what is he using his money for? and yet he wants to show me off.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2008
buzyDiva:

even tho i make my dough . . I still expect ma man to spend on me and gimme money when I need am.
its good to look to this fyneee abeg.
what is he using his money for? and yet he wants to show me off.

To each its own Busta, More power to you!!
As I said I don't accept anything from any man. I rather struggling on my own. When my empire has been established, let's see him lay claim to anything I have sweat my ass for, Just my rule, NOT scriptual wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts / Have You Ever Loved Someone Who Didn't Love You Back ? / 5 Unfair Situations Girls Get Guys Into.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.