Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? (33996 Views)

"What We Would Do If Our Boyfriends Proposed With Cheap Rings" - Young Ladies / She Dont Agree To Us Having Sex She Said I Will Die If She Open Up / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by mrmayor(m): 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2006
Edygirl,

My original response to question is that there is no Hard and Fast Rule about what to do if I find myself in such situation,my actions would have to be determined by the circumstances surrounding the woman.If she is the type that blows her money on a lot of rubbish then I wouldn't give her a dime.
We all go through financial difficulties,I have been through my own share of money worries but I pulled through and learnt better money management,some women buy stuff they don't need.

The last girl I was out with was a spender,who spent on perfumes,shoes etc while neglecting her bills!,I will not give her money just because we sleep together
I still repeat the situation is not one size fits all.You gave money to your boyfriend because you understood the problems he was going through,he didn't find himself in that situation because he was partying with his school fees.

1 Like

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by edygirl(f): 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2006
ok mrmayor you don't need to argue again . i wouldn't give her either becuase she is not in need of money . if she has the money for all that then she can take care of herself.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by ademiller(f): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2006
@badmann. u dis boi sef. she is ur gfrend first, then she becomes ur fiance then ur wife.so u go up to a girl and say be mas fiance, wont u court her first. see ur mouth shocked
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by kellybaba(m): 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2006
Not a guy's obligation 2 pick any gal's Bill plsssssssssssssssss.
Hwever,if u have and ur friend is in need,its morally,fair and just to help out.
I dont giv my money to girls at alll xcept when its absolutely neccessary and thaz when a friend needs Help and i have it !.
I personally biliv am obligated only to my wife(whn i finally tie d nuptial nut) and am bound to pick her bills w/out 'thinking' twice
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by CalabarMan(m): 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2006
A golddigger once asked me to give her some money for the weekend and I looked her straight in the eyes and said NO. Another drew up a list of things she wanted to buy and gave to me, I asked her if I was her father.

Damn I work hard for my money and I spend it wisely. If a lady thinks her pussy is for sale then she had better go stand on the streets. I never try to get a pussy by paying. If a lady ask me for money /gifts before she hops into bed with me, I automatically classify her as a prostitute and stop seeing her however if she ask for money after we have slept together a few times then I evaluate her need and respond appropriately. I for one don't believe in paying for pussy.

if in the unlikely event I want to pay for pussy its better I get value for my money by going to the professionals who can perform very well and not some log of wood amateur in skirt.

1 Like

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2006
CalabarMan:

A golddigger once asked me to give her some money for the weekend and I looked her straight in the eyes and said NO. Another drew up a list of things she wanted to buy and gave to me, I asked her if I was her father.

Damn I work hard for my money and I spend it wisely. If a lady thinks her pussy is for sale then she had better go stand on the streets. I never try to get a pussy by paying. If a lady ask me for money /gifts before she hops into bed with me, I automatically classify her as a prostitute and stop seeing her however if she ask for money after we have slept together a few times then I evaluate her need and respond appropriately. I for one don't believe in paying for pussy.

if in the unlikely event I want to pay for pussy its better I get value for my money by going to the professionals who can perform very well and not some log of wood amateur in skirt.

they were not golddiggers, they were wanna beeeeeeeeeeee's brother a golddigger would take ya money and ya heart leaving you shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Mystique(f): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2006
@ Topic:

Yes, They should, it could really be annoying, when you hav to ask,like, out loud angry
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Idekeson(m): 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2006
You can assist a girlfriend in her times of need, but please don't make it a habit. Women liberation is all about been independent, financial and otherwise. When you commit to each other and I mean real commitment, marriage or kids, then you can support each other. Quid pro quo. No support in exchange for sex or even the hope of future commitment.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by MerC2(f): 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2006
Idekeson:

You can assist a girlfriend in her times of need, but please don't make it a habit. Women liberation is all about been independent, financial and otherwise. When you commit to each other and I mean real commitment, marriage or kids, then you can support each other. Quid pro quo. No support in exchange for sex or even the hope of future commitment.

WELL SAID! smiley
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by kellorah: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2006
abi ohhh
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Smashing1(f): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2006
I think BOYFRINEDS, FIANCEES,HUSBANDS,FRIENDS should financailly assist their women when the need arises. What else are u part of their lives for.
Some guys r just stingy and use 'I dont wanna pay for p***y' excuse not to be a responsible partner.
A Question to REAL MEN; How would u feel if u hear that ur girl needs cash and she has gone to every other person but you?
Where is that male pride, ego, respect?
Where is it?

1 Like

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Idekeson(m): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2006
Smashing!:

A Question to REAL MEN; How would u feel if u hear that your girl needs cash and she has gone to every other person but you?

Advise her to get a real job, and find a decent girl that is not into pan-handling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by babe1(f): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2006
This is what i think, a good man does not need to be told when u r in need. Expecailly our naija men. i think most of the time they know when u need money. And in this situation this dude does not need to be told cos he is dating her so he should know better. I give it up to yoruba men tho, most of em know how to treat a lady. Please i am ibo ooo. so no hard feelings for ibo men. hahaha. My hobby is yoruba, thank you very much. grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Mystique(f): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2006
I think Igbo men are quite generous wink
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by babe1(f): 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2006
I guess u could say some ibo men r generous, Mystique, like my daddy. haha
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by earthrealm(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2006
yup, i cud/do such
aint a tribe thing.its an individual thing,
it all boils down to the level of the relationship n the 2 people involved,
me i dont like a chic asking me 4 stuff, [am i her father]?, na me born am?],
i am a preemptive giver, its much better that way,
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Memunah(f): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2006
NO BIG DEAL.I THINK THE GUY IS ONLY BEING UNFAIR.HE SHLD HELP HER WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by kioboy(m): 9:13pm On Aug 07, 2006
well coco dat depend on individual behaviors to ur boyfriend, if u're ok, caring, and faithful to him alone, definitely u don't have to ask for financial help. except d man is looking on a way to dump her for another favorable one. hey coco u are online now, let chart. tell me more about yourself
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2006
do i seem interesting shocked shocked
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by kioboy(m): 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2006
i didn't say u seem interested, all i wanted is to be Ur i think like u becos of Ur age (29) pls understand me honey
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2006
understand u??
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Mystique(f): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2006
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Remmzy(m): 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2006
Friends should be of help to each other, but if you don't ask some @time you cant receive. So if he gives not ask! my own point of view
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by momoney1(m): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2006
grin mans world. we have to accept our responsibility, but if it comes the other way round too we have to accept it cool
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Abike2k6(f): 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2006
I believe a woman should be able to fend for herself and be financially independent. Not for any feminist reason, I just feel you should be able to stand on your own two feet before and after a man has been in your life. There are many women out there who've relied on hubby and got used to having handouts, only to be left struggling once the relationship ended. 

I'm not into that whole 'spending money' thing. I've never understood it. Unless of course you're dead broke and genuinely need help.

Let me flip the question - what do you think about a woman being financially supportive of her man?
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by bigB3: 2:28am On Aug 19, 2006
COCO29:[b][/b] What a turn off, I beg, get a job and have some self respect.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2006
big B:

COCO29:[b][/b] What a turn off, I beg, get a job and have some self respect.

WHAT A TURN OFF am i suppose to turn u on big B with all the love i can imagine F U C K OFF angry
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by saintindia: 5:41am On Aug 22, 2006
Hi
I think he should be helpful to her and always ask her in case she is comfortable or need any help.
I am looking for youngsters and can help them in making money by working for me in Nigeria.  In case you are interested, please send me a msg at  genuinedeal@gmail.com
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Mystique(f): 7:31am On Aug 22, 2006
Verrry funny angry angry
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Bosdem(f): 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2007
Any reasonable man should know when to come in and assist
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by dremoney(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2007
@Coco,

I love ur post.u were reasonable well enuf to understand from both sides.

Point is,
A man should know wen to assist his babe if he's financially stable bt deserves to b loved 2 if otherwise.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by tkb417(m): 10:06am On Sep 14, 2007
Yeah, if the gurl needs money and i have it. ill be very happy to give her. she's my gurl so no wahala.
I give my gurl money monthly so she doesnt need to run to me often.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Washes His Woman's iPhone With Wine (Photo, Video) / How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts / Have You Ever Loved Someone Who Didn't Love You Back ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.