Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,455 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:12 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503466 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
point of correction, rosicky doesn't run
he's just got a way of being in the right place
giggs needs to learn how to use his dead pace to his advantage
ur the only person i've seen comparing fab4 to andersson so i'll skip that

england and chelski are still looking for a gallas now
terry and ferdinand are not the people that can run into counter attacks
gallas will never be scared of been beaten by two strikers even though he was playin with hoyte an RB in CB
terry payne off supersport once said Rio cannot risk his head for any team
that's what gallas will do
and don't talk about the captain band because he has led the team even into attackin countless times
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2008
Rosicky also has 16 attempts on target to Giggs 7. 39 scoring attempts to Giggs 29 and 616 accurate passes to Giggs 447.I just think Rosicky edges it because he is younger and fitter.

Hleb? Hleb's record is even worse than Giggs.The guy is just a Belarussian show pony.I know looking at the stats can confuse you,ask Dayokanu,but Rosicky seems to have an edge over Hleb

http://telegraph.jumpmediagroup.com/PlayerStat.aspx?p1id=5127&p2id=3789
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ eldee,

Ronaldo had 23 goals-20 assists last season compared to Cesc's 4 goals-16 assists.
If u put their positions into consideration . . . .U will admit it is a land-slide victory for Ronaldo. grin
Did i hear u say Van Der Sar cannot play for Arsenal? My days.
The Dutch wizard is better than Lehmann/Fabianski/Almunia cloned together.

Wes Brown is not a 1st team member. Gazza is better than Sagna.
Did u say Neville is rusty? He is yet to kick a ball this season so what's your definition of rustiness?
Rio Ferdinand is better than any central defender in Arsenal. His composure and positional sense is the best in the land.
He doesn't seem to do much hustling but he makes the art of defending such an easy task.

Hleb can play on the left and right . . . I am having a laugh.
Such is the quality of Ronaldo that he makes good players like Hleb look like slowpoke.
Hleb scored 3 goals each in his first 2 seasons . . . .Can u believe that?
So far, he has 5 goals in 25 appearances compared to Ronaldo's 25 goals in 25 appearances . . . .
STAT's the way it is. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

Don't even think about it.
1-1 at OT against Arsenal? Forget it.
United will bludgeon Arsenal to death.
Have u forgotten about the HOLY TRINITY? They will be supported by ANDERSON, SCHOLES, OWEN and CARRICK.
It will be a rout. . . . I predict another 5-1 SCORELINE.

yea right.and how many goals do anderson/owen/carrick have between them? wait for it. . . . . 0  tongue

ok now lets compare the squads head to head.
GK-i'll pick VDS over Almunia
RB-i'll pick sagna over brown/gary
CB-i'll pick toure over rio
CB-i'll pick gallas over vidic
LB-i'll pick clichy over any LB in england
RW-i'll pick ronaldo over hleb
DMF-i'll pick hargo over flamini
CMF-i'll pick fabregas over anderson/scholes
LW-i'll pick rosicky/hleb over giggs
SS-i'll pick rvp over tevez
CF-i'll pick rooney over adebayor

FINAL SCORE- ARSENAL 7-4 MAN UTD  tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2008
This bastard is living up to his "Viewer" reputation.How is it any of his business where Utd go during midweek? If our Saudi trip caused our jaded performance against Spurs,I guess Arsenal holidayed in Pluto before playing Spurs in midweek.

Arsène Wenger has questioned the wisdom of Manchester United making a 6,000-mile "sunshine break" to Saudi Arabia in the middle of the season and suggested that such heavy travelling could derail the holders' title challenge.

United spent five days in Riyadh last week for a training camp and friendly, which earned the club around £1m. With the return flight diverted to Egypt for refuelling, the squad spent three hours on the plane at Cairo and did not arrive back in Manchester until 8pm on Thursday. Their somewhat jaded performance against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday - albeit in a game they eventually won 3-1 - showed the flip side of such trips.

[url]http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2248463,00.html[/url]
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2008
eldee:

england and chelski are still looking for a gallas now

eerrrmmmmmmmm!!!! We found one. Branislav Ivanovic.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 2:33pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

We all know you are biased. It is allowed.
Gallas/Toure better than Rio/Vidic? C'mon . . . .You can do better than that.
The number of goals they have conceded is the biggest factor here.

Vidic and Rio have made Van Der Sar so lazy as he hardly does anything these days.
The number of clean sheets United have kept this season is a BIG POINTER.
Only 3 goals conceded at OT in the league? Thats phenomenal.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
ritchboy:

FINAL SCORE- ARSENAL 7-4 MAN UTD tongue

When was the last time Arsenal scored more than 3 goals against Utd? We have even doubled your maximum of 3 at OT. . . . . .never mind that,we hit 4 past you at Highbury!

I think Arsenal are ripe for a trashing at OT one of these days. grin One of the 2 games at OT against Arsenal this season might see a real thumping normally reserved for the likes of AS Roma and Newcastle grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
when u said first team, i tot u was talking bout who will play if errone was fit
even when fit, he still lacks that blistering pace and strenght
though he has the best crosses in the league but how would he get forward
i was comparing cesc to ur central midfielders and no one there can match him
anderson/flamini is even hard to choose
ronaldo is exeptional no doubt, i won't take that from him
but a combined team from man u and arsenal will surely have hleb on one of the wings
with rosicky as the next choice before giggs
and where stats fail is when its time to show how many goals hleb had the assist or second to the last touch
hleb is involved in virtually every arsenal goal

@nateevs
time is still here for him to prove grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2008
eldee:

anderson/flamini is even hard to choose

shocked shocked shocked They don't play in the same position but its not hard to choose between Anderson and Flamini.Even Stevie Wonder can tell who is better.Compared to Cesc,Anderson is not 1st choice,but compared to Flamini? Its not even worth comparing.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2008
I am not into the business of comparing Fabregas with Paul Scholes. . present form or whatever. Fab and Anderson fall into the same category of comparism. . but with scholes . . now way. . as well as Giggs with Rosicky. Let's choose someone else.

The guy (Scholes) will be 34 in November over 500 caps for a team he's played for all his life and even at 34 any team in the premieship will gladly welcome him to their 11. Well if it's possible to imagine Fabregas at 34 then I can make a direct comparism with Scholes. . . if not I don' think it's worth the comparism.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2008
i'm not gon be as bias as ritchboy but like i said
head for head there lil difference between the players of both teams

@nateevs
no sentiments in football
henry scored over two hundred goals in arsenal but hes crap at barca
whose business?
scholes is too old to be a top dawg now
he has depreciated, ferguson did not spend 50 mill on midfielders for nuffin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Nateevs,

Well said.
Until Fabregas and Rosicky/Hleb win Prem titles/UEFA Champions league and a TREBLE . . .They should never be compared to GIGGSY/SCHOLESY.
Scholes has done it with Man Utd time and time again so any comparison will be dud for now.
Man Utd has the egde over Arsenal in all departments. Should we compare both managers as well?

@ Eldee,

Scholes depreciated? A player that has been injured for several months has depreciated.
You said the same thing about Neville too. Your definition of depreciation/rustiness is a bit warped.

Are u saying u would choose Adebayor or any Arsenal striker over Theirry Henry? I am waiting for your answer.
Head to head, pound for pound. . . . Man Utd is about 12 notches ahead of Arsenal . .
Man Utd players have won time and time again with the spine of this team. . . .Arsenal is yet to win something MAJOR with the present bunch.
Until they do that . . .Lets keep them veiled like a virgin bride.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2008
eldee:

i'm not gon be as bias as ritchboy but like i said
head for head there little difference between the players of both teams

@nateevs
no sentiments in football
henry scored over two hundred goals in arsenal but hes crap at barca
whose business?
scholes is too old to be a top dawg now
he has depreciated, ferguson did not spend 50 mill on midfielders for nuffin

I do understand your stand in the head to head comparism. I am just trying to alert us to inject some respect into football so that we don't have someone thinking Fabregas is better than Okocha.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

We all know you are biased. It is allowed.
Gallas/Toure better than Rio/Vidic? C'mon . . . .You can do better than that.
The number of goals they have conceded is the biggest factor here.

Vidic and Rio have made Van Der Sar so lazy as he hardly does anything these days.
The number of clean sheets United have kept this season is a BIG POINTER.
Only 3 goals conceded at OT in the league? Thats phenomenal.

how can you say i'm biased? i'm the only arsenal fan who has admitted ronaldo is currently the best player in world football.just yesterday i said i tip man utd to win the league because of their strength in depth.i'm the most un-biased person on this forum.and i dont think rio and vidic should take all the credit for the # if clean sheets yall have had.hargo and anderson(i never knew he could defend this well) have protected them exceptionally well.
when it comes down to INDIVIDUALS in the starting 11,i think arsenal have the edge(although theres nothing to choose between the TEAMS).but when it comes down to the bench, man utd are stronger than arsenal.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2008
@jackal
as i've told many scummers
if the treble was a yardstick, then brown is better than vidic+rio grin grin
man u fans are alway bias when comparing players
that's why i invented my goosy-gander theory grin

@nateevs
lol. . .was woulda been a better word to use
okocha is now man of the match only on testimonials grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2008
@nateevs,
scholes is GREATER than fabregas no doubt,but when we are trying to determine who the BETTER player is we look @ how good they are NOW and not how good they used to be or what theyve achieved in their careers.and that is why FABREGAS IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN SCHOLES AND OKOCHA.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Eldee,

Brown was in the 99 squad not a senior member of the team just like Chris Eagles was in our squad last season.
It will be folly to say Chris Eagles/Pique was better than Hleb/Toure last season just because he won the league on the bench.

In 1999, Giggsy and Scholesy contributed immensely to the cause.
TREBLE winning team . . . . .Man Utd is the last team to do the TREBLE so Milan, Real Madrid or Barca has nothing on Man Utd.

Jaap Stam was the main guy in 99 so your analogy there is very wrong. Brown was never a member of the senior team in 1999.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2008
@jackal
ok you got me there, but you still got my point cheesy
scholes is a good player!!!true
he's a great player!!!word
england might never see sumone like him again, probably
but will he ever reach that level again?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2008
ritchboy:

@nateevs,
scholes is GREATER than fabregas no doubt,but when we are trying to determine who the BETTER player is we look @ how good they are NOW and not how good they used to be or what theyve achieved in their careers.and that is why FABREGAS IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN SCHOLES AND OKOCHA.

Oh !!! Really. . . Well let's just say Fab's BETTER than Maradona then since past achievement have nothing to do with it.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2008
@nateevs
let me explain this to you
if u was some good manager under a super russian billionaire
and u were given a blank check to sign one player between scholes, jayjay and Fab4
who would you sign first and why?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2008
nateevs
dont be sily mate.ok let me put it like this."fabregas[b] IS [/b] a better player than scholes". do you know the meaning of the word "is" or do i have to explain?

Well let's just say Fab's BETTER than Maradona then since past achievement have nothing to do with it.

fabregas is going way to far.marlon harewood IS a better player than maradona.i'm probably a better player than maradona.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2008
Name: ritchboy

err. . .bruvv, what did u do to seun now grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2008
eldee:

Name: ritchboy

err. . .bruvv, what did u do to seun now grin grin

If he answers now,he won't be a "419er" again.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2008
make dat 420  cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2008
Fabregas is better than Scholes?
I rest my case. This is the height.
What else are u going to tell us? Adebayor is better than Careca?

What has Fabregas actually done this season? Nothing. What has he won as a player in Arsenal? Nothing of note!!!!!
2 months of good form this season and then ZILCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where was Fab4 when he was run ragged by Tottenham's midfielders.
Cesc is over-rated . . . .In Spain, Iniesta and Xavi and prolly Alonso will get a NOD AHEAD OF CESC.

In England, there is only one SCHOLESY.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2008
eldee:

@nateevs
let me explain this to you
if u was some good manager under a super russian billionaire
and u were given a blank check to sign one player between scholes, jayjay and Fab4
who would you sign first and why?

Eldee, I fully understand you and where you stand. To answer your question I will sign Fab. Reason . . because he is younger and meets the present footablling requirements

What I am just trying to say is that I will sign him because he is younger not because he is better. To say that he is better is holistic. . . . you can't make such comparism just because we are talking about present form.  It's like saying Djiskstra is more intelligent than Isaac Newton. . .

Such kind of comparism becomes difficult to justify.

Talking about youthfulness, pace and spontaneous brilliance over the season you will choose Fab. . but not primarily because he is better but because he is younger,  . . At the same time If I had, as a manger, a stalemate in a champions league final for example . . extra time I'll put Scholes because he's got the experience of playing in finals, he won trophies and he knows just aw to play in a final when the utmost performance and discipline is desired. .

So aw do we compare the both?. . . My simple point is . . you don't do it.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2008
cesc is overrated?we all know the ENGLISH are the most overrated twats in the history of football!!!!!!!!
come to think of it,arent all world-class players who play for the big four overrated?it comes wid the teritory.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

Fabregas is extremely over-rated. I have heard people say he is the best player in the planet.
Blimey . . . Cesc does not command a starting role in Spain and he is a better player than Scholes?
Its unbelievable. Are u guys aware that Fab4 was sold to Arsenal because he couldn't displace Iniesta and Xavi at Barcelona?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 3:56pm On Jan 29, 2008
@nateevs
well said, the bone of contention was who will make a merged team from the two teams
ritchboy said scholes and with what u said too, scholes is ur option too init?
at this moment fab is higher on any manager's scale of preference than scholes
simple, and besides, the word better means whose the choice after a round up of thier abilities. . .

@jackal
and are u aware that the same teams in spain are running after him?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Ritchie

I never for once misunderstood the "IS" and I fully understand what it means. My argument is just that IS can only be used when all factors for comparism are at par. In this case , the factors will be, exerience, number of games etc

They really don't have to be the same age but an age range is a good way to start, the same applies to experience and number of games.

So as much as I understand the "IS". I find it funny to want to compare them both. My point is there's no basis.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Eldee,

Barcelona is running after him cos Fab4 is Barca through and through.
Man Utd is running after Guissepe Rossi as well. Does that make him better than Rooney/Tevez?

Spanish teams will run after anything in England.
Blimey . . . .Carlos Queiroz was the gaffer of Real Madrid for a whole season. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.