Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,385 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:35 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503544 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Eldee,

Based on the bone of contention. . it's all about who will make the team. Valid point.

Now. . away from the argument my choice will be Paul Scholes. . I watched this guy come in on saturday and his first touch was a 30 yarder to pick out rooney. The class is still there. Sorry mate.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2008
Are u guys aware that Fab4 was sold to Arsenal because he couldn't displace Iniesta and Xavi at Barcelona?

look @ ur last post?isnt it ridiculous?how old was fabregas when he left barca?ARE YOU AWARE iniesta is 3 YEARS OLDER than fabregas?or do you expect a 15 year old fabregas to be rated higher than an 18 year old iniesta?damn,xavi is old enuf to be his grand dad grin.and iniesta being picked ahead of fab4 doesnt necessarily mean he is a better player.take sagna and diarra for example.diarra was being picked for france ahead of sagna but couldnt hold down a place on the bench for arsenal cos of the same sagna.do the math.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
ritchboy:

look @ your last post?isnt it ridiculous?how old was fabregas when he left barca?ARE YOU AWARE iniesta is 3 YEARS OLDER than fabregas?or do you expect a 15 year old fabregas to be rated higher than an 18 year old iniesta?damn,xavi is old enough to be his grand dad grin.and iniesta being picked ahead of fab4 doesnt necessarily mean he is a better player.take sagna and diarra for example.diarra was being picked for france ahead of sagna but couldnt hold down a place on the bench for arsenal because of the same sagna.do the math.

Now you are going against your initial point. You said it is not about age but present class. So where do you stand . .age or class?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

You seem to be making a syntax error.
All these lads grew up in FC Barcelona TEAM B.  They all grew up in the same academy.
Messi-Fab4-Bojan-Pique-Arteta-Iniesta all grew up together and Barcelona felt Iniesta offers more than Fab4.
Can u tell me Fab4 is better than Iniesta as a midfielder?  grin grin grin

Pound for pound. . . . .Iniesta takes Fabregas to the cleaners.
He is by far the best midfielder in Spain.
Are u aware the under-rated Mikel Arteta(Everton) is better than Fabregas?
Fab4 is just HYPE . . . . . .Anderson is better than him by miles.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Whoever

why do u guys just like arguing over just about anything  undecided

how much games has Fab4 played that u all will be comparing him to SCHOLESY ?

FORGET CLUB SENTIMENTS . . . IN THE PAST FEW YEARS, AMONGST BRITS, ONLY GERRARD AND SCHOLES HAVE REALLY MADE THEIR MARKS IN ENGLISH FOOTIE  cool

basically . . .why dont u guys just start comparing C Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy ?  undecided

truth is . . . .Fab4 has more games ahead of him, SO HE COULD BE GREATER THAN SCHOLESY but definitely Fab4 would never be mentioned in the same breath as Scholesy, forget current form  cool

@Richboi

u claim to be the most unbiased gunner on Nland ? that na ur new title  

who exactly are u trying to impress ? Like the chavs or scumtwats care ?  embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2008
@nateevs
you make your choices anyways
ur telling me that u'll exchange class and experience for someone that has class, a reasonable amount of experience, goal scoring ability, better goal creating abilities, higher pace, youth and agility, etc
heaven knows why people are calling for local coaches grin grin just kiddin
but we all know that those passes are not new to fab4

@jackal
even at that you can't compare him to the rest of them
xavi and iniesta started playing for spain before him, but he has more caps than iniesta
and xavi only has higher amount of caps because he plays DMF

and besides the way barca and madrid have been chasing him cannot be explained based on just his affiliation
but also because of his talent, they admitted it was a big loss
why do u think they still get scared of selling players to us cheesy cheesy

@nateev
15 is so freakin young, 18 is the beginig of real football
34 is the grey years of a football career
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2008
@McOmo

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was saying. Though Eldee got my point, we should not even be talking about it in the first place.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2008
Now you are going against your initial point. You said it is not about age but present class. So where do you stand . .age or class?

jackal said iniesta and xavi are better than fabregas,to drive his point he said fab left barca cos of them.so i pointed out fab was only 15 when he left(while iniesta was 18 and xavi was in his mid 70's  grin).at 15 do you expect him to be rated higher in the pecking order than iniesta(18) or xavi(76)  grin?

Barcelona felt Iniesta offers more than Fab4

ofcourse they did.he was 15,iniesta was 18.do you expect a 15 year old to "offer more" than an 18 year old?@ 15 ur probably not ready mentally/physically for top flight football in a league as strong as la liga.arsenal signed a 15 year old striker from gillingham recently,do you expect him to bench adebayor?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Eldee,

Any player plying his trade in the English league gets a nod. . . .This is why they are over-rated!!!!!!!!!!
The English Premiership had the highest number of players at the last world cup . . . .That speaks volume, mate.
If we put it down to their game techniques, Iniesta takes Fab4 to the cleaners . . . .
Have u forgotten his cameo performance against y'all @ the UCL finals in 2006?

@ Ritchboy,

When a player is good . . .he is good,
Cristiano Ronaldo forced Luis Figo to an early retirement. Rooney kept many English strikers out of EURO2004 at the age of 18.
Leo Messi and Bojan are keeping Gudjohnsen and even Ronaldinho out of Barcelona team.
When a player is good . . . . .Age has nuthing to do with it.
A good player will always be a GOOD PLAYER. Fabregas has nothing on Iniesta and Mikel Arteta.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2008
Mc Omo:

@Whoever

why do u guys just like arguing over just about anything  undecided

how much games has Fab4 played that u all will be comparing him to SCHOLESY ?

FORGET CLUB SENTIMENTS . . . IN THE PAST FEW YEARS, AMONGST BRITS, ONLY GERRARD AND SCHOLES HAVE REALLY MADE THEIR MARKS IN ENGLISH FOOTIE  cool

basically . . .why don't u guys just start comparing C Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy ?  undecided

truth is . . . .Fab4 has more games ahead of him, SO HE COULD BE GREATER THAN SCHOLESY but definitely Fab4 would never be mentioned in the same breath as Scholesy, forget current form  cool

@Richboi

u claim to be the most unbiased gunner on Nland ? that na your new title  

who exactly are u trying to impress ? Like the chavs or scumtwats care ?  embarassed

me?impress? do you think i care whether the "chavs" or "scumtwats" care.  cool

jackal,
by saying "when a player is good he is good" are you implying players dont improve/get worse?
ronaldo?rooney?messi? these dudes are/were 18 plus at the time they benched whoever.FABREGAS WAS 15 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2008
When a player is good . . .he is good,
Cristiano Ronaldo forced Luis Figo to an early retirement. Rooney kept many English strikers out of EURO2004 at the age of 18.
Leo Messi and Bojan are keeping Gudjohnsen and even Ronaldinho out of Barcelona team.
When a player is good . . . . .Age has nuthing to do with it.
A good player will always be a GOOD PLAYER. Fabregas has nothing on Iniesta and Mikel Arteta.

Like Jackal has been learning some thing from me.

Ronaldo lima won world footballer at 19. Del Piero sent legendary baggio out of Juventus. Wayne Rooney and Darius Vassel who is older?

@ Dayokanu,

I am not looking at u dude . . . . .that sounds like an excerpt of Jigga's HEART OF THE CITY(BLUEPRINT)

Sure
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

Dont mis-inform us.
Fabregas was born in May 1987 . . . . He joined Arsenal in Sep 2003(He was 16 years 4 months) and NOT 15 years of age.
Cesc moved to Arsenal because he sensed his appearances will be limited in Barcelona. He knew he had better players fighting for his space.

@ Dayokanu,

Jackal learning from u?
Try it the other way round, mate!!!!!
U didn't have to bite Jigga's lines . . . . Why not bite Pasuma's tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2008
Some Pasuma's lines are tight like Awwwwwhhhh Mr Pasoooooooooooo
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
jackal,
ok.fabregas was 16.then that means iniesta was 19.its still the same shitzo.do you expect a 16. . . . (you know the rest wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2008
ritchboy:

jackal,
ok.fabregas was 16.then that means iniesta was 19.its still the same shitzo.do you expect a 16. . . . (you know the rest wink

grin grin grin grin grin
How old is Bojan Krkic?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
Chacal

Fabregas displaced Paddy V as the main MF at Arsenal, what are you on about mate

YA'LL REALLY DON'T HAVE NOTHING TO DO!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
Bojan? I dont know grin
why dont you tell me wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2008
loyika:

Chacal

Fabregas displaced Paddy V as the main MF at Arsenal, what are you on about mate

YA'LL REALLY DON'T HAVE NOTHING TO DO!!

cool GOONER 89

Displaced? Like Dudu displaced Henry or Wesley Sneijder displaced David Beckham.

Cesc only got a regular spot after Vieira sought and got a transfer to Juventus.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2008
What won't i hear on Nairaland.
Okay . . . . . . . . . . .ANDERSON displaced PAUL SCHOLES. grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2008
I think he meant to say "replaced" wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2008
Are u suggesting Loyika is a semi-illiterate? grin

Bojan is 17.
He is playing in one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Bojan waited for his time and he is reaping the benefits now and scoring good goals.
If Fab4 was good, he should have waited for his time as well as he didn't start playing WELL at Arsenal till he clocked 18.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Chacal

that analysis is flawed - players peak at different points in their playing careers

Drogba was shyte till he turned 26, he was busy shagging all the Marseilles chicks to focus on footie, does that mean he is not good enough?

Where was Cantona playing when he was 17? does that mean he was not good?

Johan Micoud was a great player, almost as good as Zidane in my estimation, but because he emerged at the same time as Zizou who was better than him, he never got that shot in the French team.

In essence, what I'm saying is that timing matters - Cesc emerged when two or more players in the same position were ahead of him on the curve, he had to leave.

@ I-man

you can't compare Dudu or Wesley's case to Cesc

Cesc was at the club prior to Paddy V's departure, so it is possible to say he was displaced - AW probably felt it was a better bet to build his new team around Cesc than around PV who was not as motivated as before and was looking to secure his future pay checks.

He was vindicated by Cesc outplaying his mentor a few months later against Juve.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Debosky,

Flawed analysis? I think my analysis is FLAWLESS.
Please don't bring Cantona into this argument. There is a wider appeal these days.
Managers/Coaches dont need to travel 300,000 miles to monitor a good player in New Zealand.
Fabregas had an outstanding under-17 tournament so everyone expected him to rise through the ranks.

Ok. . . . . . Cesc Vs Iniesta
Who is the better player AS WE SPEAK?

Damn. . . . . Nigeria's game is about starting.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2008
debosky:

I-man

you can't compare Dudu or Wesley's case to Cesc

Cesc was at the club prior to Paddy V's departure, so it is possible to say he was displaced - AW probably felt it was a better bet to build his new team around Cesc than around PV who was not as motivated as before and was looking to secure his future pay checks.

He was vindicated by Cesc outplaying his mentor a few months later against Juve.

So Paddy V left because of Cesc? Otherwise,he would have remained at Arsenal? You have a distinctly unique memory of events.I seem to remember Vieira desperately aching for a move away from Arsenal.

Cesc "outplaying" Vieira in one game proved nothing.Vieira has won more titles-ignoring Calciopoli-since he left.Precisely the reason he felt it was time to move.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Chacal

who is better?

Cesc has 11 goals in 26 games this season, Iniesta 3 goals in 30 games

answer the question yourself. wink

@ I-man

I'm just painting one aspect of the situation, Vieira's aching to move was due to a need to secure his future as I noted, and AW decided building around Cesc was a more promising option.

Vieira did not leave Arsenal to win just league titles, he had those in Arsenal, he left for security and for the CL, which he has still not won.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Debosky,

The goals scored this season does not count.
I am talking about awareness, vision, passes and game techniques.
Lets debate like real soccer buffs, mate.
It's like saying Fab4 is better than Gerrard because he has scored 11 goals . . . .Are u shitting me?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2008
On what count is CR better than Fabregas this season except for goals

I don't understand you mate, goals are a legitimate measure, especially when the players are in a similar role.

Game techniques? Iniesta is probably better defensively, but Cesc's vision is far better than Iniesta's, so is his nose for goal (at least based on this season's stats)

what exactly do you mean by 'game techniques'? Cesc has added steel to his game now, he is not easily pushed around, so he is improved in that respect. La Liga is decidedly less physical, so I would give Cesc an edge in that as well.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 29, 2008
CHACAL!
Dat was a low blow directed @ loyika.You should be SHOT!
How can you say goals dont count.Fabregas is a much better passer than iniesta.Gerrard has scored MORE GOALS than fab so wat are you on about?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
CR is better than Fab4 in every aspect of the game.
They don't play in the same position but it aint quantum physics.
Ronaldo edges him in dribbling skills, pace, dead balls, aerial prowess, goal sense and good entertainment value. grin

Back to Iniesta and Fabregas . . . . .
It's obvious u don't watch La Liga games . . . .Ardent lovers of La Liga will tell u Fab4 has nothing on Iniesta.
In my own opinion  . . . . . .Arteta and Iniesta are tactically and technically better than Fab4.

Can someone tell me why Nigerians are running like pregnant donkeys?
Drogba has done us a favour now . . . .I don't see Nigeria scoring here today.
Utaka, Yakubu and Etuhu are a disgrace to the EPL. Apologies to Mikel Obi.
I think Osaze should take Yakubu's position. Yakubu looks bloated with Ghananian beans.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Jackal
we won. . .Saw a few minutes of the game.
I didnt want to see it.

Nigeria now play like Ethiopia, its so annoying

We are gonna have a busy weekend, Pompey and Spurs again?
if we can get the 3 points in those games, then we are aight
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2008
Its so annoying to see these Nigerians win Why did Drogba and co do that now?

There is no denying that the Barca team is star studded and Fab4 would have problems breaking in. You can t tell me that Giovani, Boja, Iniesta,Messi and those youngster wont stroll into any EPL team see the way Fab4 and Anderson did it. If they had gone to Barca they would have had to contend with those prodigious talents in Barca
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2008
@dayokanu
what did u expect, for them to lose and face Ghana, it's not sensible

and as for fab4 and iniesta
if they have been in the same barca team
then barca would prolly not have gone for deco
all said, fab4 still kills iniesta and anderson anyday

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.