Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,722 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:00 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503719 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Antidote1(f): 12:02am On Apr 28, 2008
Jackal,
We will bounce back, don't mind those twats called Gayners, They are just jealous because we have gotten where they couldnt. Jealousy is a curse,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 12:19am On Apr 28, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Gaynners are big time bottlerz. . . . .
Matter of fact, they are pussies!!!
The funniest thang is their female team are very successful but the men are buncha dorks.
U can put a wager on it that Arsenal's female team will beat the men in a game of 80 mins. cheesy wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 8:48am On Apr 28, 2008
Jeez!!! No Chelsea player!!! shocked shocked shocked
Is that a football team
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 9:27am On Apr 28, 2008
@dayokanu,
Great ife. I watched soccer too regularly at conference centre and mayfair hotels. My nick name is Buju banton. One love dayo kanu but why hate United.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2008
@Debosky
I think you need a bed at yaba left side
Ur intellectual capacity is dropping at am amazing rate
Its quite sad that you want to pull me with ur downfall
But u won't see me near
Just wallop alone in your world of intellectual ignorance
and let brainy people speak.

U are no better than a goatbrain.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2008
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2008
You mancs are funny grin grin grin
Y'all find it amusing when we stutter
but when u 'fumble', you want all of us to pretend like it never happenned.
No way guys,It's time to poke fun.
I really want to see the footage of that brawl very well.
Heard Patrice threw punches which Mayweather would be proud of grin grin grin grin
Also heard that Scholes might have learnt a bit of Sumo Wrestling when he was recuperating from his last injury grin grin
and G.Neville,no surprise,he's always been a thug!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mavtrevor(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2008
4 Him:

small consolation for Arsenal there.

INCASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED ARSENAL WAS ON TOP OF THEIR GAME THIS SEASON, THAT WE ARE 3RD NOW DOESN'T MAKE IT A JOKE. WE WERE LEADING THE LEAGUE FOR MORE THAN HALF THE SEASON IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN AND THE YOUNGSTERS YOU SAW THEIR NAMES HERE WERE EXCELLENT.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 11:14am On Apr 28, 2008
@ Mavtrevor
Bla bla bla grin
Maybe a trophy should be made for that 'achievement' abi? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 11:38am On Apr 28, 2008
@Reds,

I think 1 win in 5(all comps) gives cause for concern. Apart from the start of the season this is the first time we're going 3 games(all comps) without a win. This is not the time to get those kinda results. Clear pen or not we lost we lost we lost and it's time we bloody pick up our game. We have (a potential) 4 games to go this season and we could get 2 crowns or zilch if we do not get the right results. We've made life difficult for ourselves but still very much have our destiny where it should be. All we need is a win any win to begin to turn things around.We can do it.

Meanwhile why does Baba keep starting Giggs? The guy blunts our attack , no longer has pace and burdens our midfield with his new trademark of inaccurate passes. I hope this does not cost us eventually.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2008
@manu4laif
Its not that we lost that pains me most just that the mistakes the officials make are so terrible that when they apologise u feel like slapping them
U will agree with me that Chelsea never looked like they will score until that Penalty.
We defended stoutly and aggresively.
Anyway like you said nothing can change the loss

I just wish Giggs will move to the youth Academy and start his coaching lessons
I am tired of seeing that guy on the pitch
Nothing do us
Its still our title to lose

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2008
Why is SAF now looking for ammo to make an excuse with tomorrows game comning up

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/27/manchesterunited.championsleague

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3831186.ece

and its so funny, if this fight had involved Arsenal, we would never hear the last of it;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/28/manchesterunited.chelsea1

Owen H kicking and insulting the Ref Rio the Druggie kicking a steward (accidentally) Wow shocked, Lets see how the FA handle this one, there can't be one law for United players and another for others embarassed

As a poster pointed out; "It will be interesting to see the punishment handed to the players after Mascherano got a 3 match ban for daring to ask the ref a question at Old Trafford."

League still United's to lose, but its a thin line between success and failure for both teams, they could both end up with something, and at the same time, nothing. (teams like West Ham, Newcastle, Wigan and Bolton at this stage could prove spoilers).

Lets see how the next 2 weeks pan out, but i see more drama cool TOO BAD WE WON'T BE INVOLVED IN THE FUN AND GAMES sad

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2008
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/28/manchesterunited.chelsea2

For ya'll sakes i hope this ain't true lipsrsealed Cause if it is, ya'll will have to go the[i] "Defensive"[/i] route again, innit.

lipsrsealed GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mavtrevor(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2008
Dr. Dre:

@ Mavtrevor
Bla bla bla grin
Maybe a trophy should be made for that 'achievement' abi? grin

All you can do is sit and player-hate, if you see good thing appreciate it, just as we all have appreciated C.Ronaldo as a good player, maybe the best this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2008
@Dayo

stop being a cunt . . .its annoying angry

I dont watch Bundesliga, neither do I give a f@ck about their players, the club and what they do . . .WHY WASTE MY TIME ON CR@P tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2008
@ Emperoh,

Ssup comrade?

I just saw Fergie's press conference on MUTV. . . . . .
Vidic and Rooney sat out this morning's training session. . . . .Lets hope they join in the evening.
Ferguson said he would wait for the duo but their chances are 70-30!!!!!!

@ Loyika,

Things must be PRETTY BAD for y'all @ the Emirates.
Idleness on the part of y'all GAYnners have turned y'all to gossips.
The FA, Chelsea staff and Man Utd players plus reh reh reh. . . . . . . The FA can't do shyte to United players.
Blimey, the law says the visiting team can do 15-20 mins running after every match. . . Chelsea staff wouldn't let em run thus the scuffle.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2008
Gayners are actually fasting and praying that Man U slips
Thats what getting outa contension early does. grin grin grin grin

Anyways we have to do West Ham and Wigan so that whatever happens with Chelsea would be meaningless.
Those last two games would be tough for both teams but a expect we shud nick.
its really gonna be interesting since its going to he wire.

Lets see how Barca copes at OT.
They also rested some key players, meaning they had tuesdays match in mind.
Cant wait.

Mc Omo:

@Dayo

stop being a cunt . . .its annoying angry

I don't watch Bundesliga, neither do I give a f@ck about their players, the club and what they do . . .WHY WASTE MY TIME ON CR@P tongue

Thot you saw Dayo's analyses as astute and spot on, what happened?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2008
@Jackal
I am a bit fretty
I have just been thinking who will make up the attack should Rooney not recover
His hardwork and passes are going to be missed.
I strongly believe Vida will be available
Fergie said if he had wanted to bring him on we could have played 15mins with 10 men and thats risky for a game of that magnitude
So i believe he is being precautious

But dude that takes risks
U need to see where he nooded the ball from.
jeez!!!

I getting a bit fretty about tomorrow's game
But hopefully we shall triumph.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2008
Chacal tongue grin

OHHH JUST SHUSH UP!! grin

Anyways, the upcoming game ll speak for themselves.

Nice one forDivinmo there, a'la PFA cool But guess who he voted for shocked ADEAYORRRRRRRRRRR!!! cheesy cheesy He goes on to say, and i quote; "I voted for Adebayor because I think he has had a great season as well." Nahhh!? The same Ade whom Chacal says Tevez and Rooney had a better season than CAN'T BE!!

He then goes on to say; "But you have many players who have had a good season - Torres, Fabregas, many players. But I think I deserve to win!" Fabregas NO YOU DIDN'T!? The same Fabregas that Cacal swore Anderson would win an award over

I guess they should have given Anderson or Nani the young players award.

Anyways, goodluck against Farca, at least its a home game, cause the stats for your last 3 games look worrisome, 3 Away games = 2 draws and 1 loss lipsrsealed At least home comforts might bring the best out of the Scum motley crew. tongue WE SHALL SEE!! lipsrsealed

Divino promised to score against Farca , he should be praying Messi doesn't return the favour grin

lipsrsealed GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2008
@ Emperoh,

We should take Barca to the cleaners tomorrow.

The only snag is. . . . . .Will Fergie go for it?
I am pretty confident there's no team Man Utd cannot thrash but Fergie's sentiments on Giggsy and Scholesy is slowing United down.
They should be kept on the bench tomorrow. . . . Hargo, Anderson and Fletcher can do the job across the middle.
We got Park and Nani as well so why do we really need Giggs in that team?

If we get at Barca at OT. . . . . .They will freeze.
I have seen United rattle teams like that in the past and Barcelona wont be different.
The key thing is for United to run at em and play with the Premiership tempo that European teams are not used to.
It worked against Roma and AC Milan at OT last season. . . .I see no reason why it wont work this time around.

UP UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Loyika,

Stop talking via your anus.

PFA Player's player of the year does not allow players to vote for their teammates.
Drogba voted Ronaldo last season and vice versa. Thats the way it works.
I expect u of all people to know how PFA works but rational thinking is impossible in the GAYnners camp these days.

Anderson/Fabregas was an easy decision. . . . . .Fabregas has played more games than Anderson.
The Brazilian would have clinched it if he is playing in a team with a small squad like Arsenal.
Only u and some few other poofs still think Fab4 is better than Anderson.
Football fans worldwide know Anderson is miles better . . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2008
Chacal embarassed

You are a real jester, Mate i didn't put that up to talk about how the PFA works, i put it up to say Divino voted for a player you felt was rubbish embarassed, why didn't he vote for Torres or Santa Cruz instead Or as a Manc he isn't allowed to vote for players from teams up north grin I only mentioned Tevez and Rooney in jest.

And typical you, instead of giving Cesc his due, you keep on your deluded path of Anderson is better that Reh!! Reh!! Reh!! Typical rubbish tongue tongue

Thank God those in the know have more sense than to be biased.

ANDERSON IS BETTER THAN CESC MY BLOOD FOOT!! tongue tongue

I am sure next season when Anderson doesn't win it, you will say he didn't play so so amount of games as well.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2008
Wait 1 question, If Shrek and Vidic do not play tomorrow, will you guys still play defensive at OT

GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2008
@ Loyika,

Who else could Ronaldo have voted for?
It has to be Adebayor . . . . . The way he scored with his hands at OT. . . .His moronic dance when he scored the equaliser against Liverpool.
His Samson-like ridden season. . . . .Afro-hair(plenty of goals). . . . Low cut(goal drought). . . He even nutted Bendtner at White Hart Lane. tongue
I would have voted for Adebayor myself too. . . . .  grin grin grin   He is one dude full of DRAMA.

Anderson is a TANK. . . . . .  .In all the games he has played against Cesc, he kept him in his pockets.
When u get home tonight(after shagging your missus), i want u to take a look at this article.
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=593469

These are the excerpts. . . .  .

Yet again the young Brazilian international dominated the midfield in a style befitting someone of a more considerable age than his 19 years, with his boundless energy proving to be a constant thorn in the side of an Arsenal midfield that was outfought dramatically throughout the game.

However, to those who have been following Anderson’s progress at Manchester United this season, this kind of performance came as no surprise. Indeed, it seemed incredibly reminiscent of the 2-2 draw between the sides at the Emirates Stadium in November, where United’s midfield domination led to Arsenal requiring an injury time equaliser from William Gallas to salvage a point.

In both of these fixtures Anderson has also been able outshine Cesc Fàbregas in a way that no other player in the Premiership has been able to do. In the Premiership game at the Emirates, Anderson clearly got under the skin of Fàbregas, with the Spaniard’s frustration leading to a rash challenge on his Brazilian rival, and a booking.
These kinds of performances have led to the question being asked as to whether Anderson is a better player than Cesc Fàbregas? Indeed, in certain departments the answer to this question would have to be a resounding ' YES'

One such aspect of the pair’s capabilities where Anderson has a clear advantage over his Spanish rival would be in terms of physicality.

Whilst the early stages of Fàbregas’ career saw doubts exist over his ability to handle the rough and tumble nature of the Premiership, with an example of this coming from ex team mate Ashley Cole’s autobiography when he stated that the Spaniard was "an unproven featherweight," no such comments have ever been aimed at Anderson.

The combination of Anderson’s power and tenacity was clear for all to see yet again on Saturday. An example of this came at the end of the first half, when Anderson was able to shield the ball from Kolo Touré, thus winding down the clock until the half time whistle.

There are hardly any players in the game today who are capable of repeatedly fending off the advances of a player as powerful and committed as Touré. Whilst Anderson was able to do this, it is highly improbable that Fàbregas has the capability to repeat such an act.

Furthermore, whilst Fàbregas is no slouch, the explosive pace and acceleration that Anderson is able to inject on the football pitch is another area where the Brazilian scores highly. A key component Anderson’s game is his ability to charge through the pitch, using his speed to escape from the battleground that is the central midfield area of Premiership matches. This ability was exhibited constantly against Arsenal, where his excellent control and dribbling skills in tight spaces allowed him to move away from Gilberto Silva and Fàbregas.

Another area where Anderson can also be seen to excel over Fàbregas is in the range of his passing, with the Brazilian capable of spreading passes over long distances with both incredible accuracy and vision. As both players are more than capable of passing at the speed and accuracy required of central midfielders over short distances, it is here that another part of the Brazilian’s game can be seen to excel Fàbregas’.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2008
shocked shocked

Chacal embarassed Shame on you embarassed

For one that castigates others when they bring up articles like this (especially from GOAL.COM embarassed) you sure do turn a blind eye, when it seems to favor a manc player (which the article semms to be doing, if not that it shot itself in the foot in its final paragraph).

We have all seens this article before on the forum, someone already posted (bloke claimed he wrote for goal.com). So you can do better than that.

You bring an article, I bring this; CESC FABREGAS PFA YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR!! Where Torres, Micah Richards, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Young were the other nominees. I DON'T SEE ANDERSON'S NAME ON THAT LIST!!

Compare and contrast that cool

You still haven't answered my question on Rooney and Vidic WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY DON'T PLAY!?

GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2008
TKB, You know very well that dayokanu is a footie guru.
I don't miss games where were you when we were going to mayfair hotel in the heat of Ife-Modakeke war to watch Lazio vs Chelsea, (1999-2000),
when dayokanu would go it with some footie gurus then to Conference center and Ogunbanjo  to watch UCL matches in 1997/1998  
while the rest of you would wait to hear scores from us.  
You know how much of my meagre income as a student I spent on world soccer magazine and football Italia ask Ugo, jay Z if you don't remember.

Those were pre internet, pre DSTV dayz .

I have paid my dues to the game

grin grin grin grin
DSTV Viewing Center?
hehehehehehehehehe
You forgot i was living in Mayfair b4 i came to Alawode
i didnt have to hustle/pay to watch games. . .DSTV was fitted to all rooms
can you spot the difference grin grin grin

PS: the people you mentioned met me in school and there was no way they could have known whats gwan with me.

Employ a Fuji musician to do a song for you as a SoccerLord who loves to dub from wiki
grin grin grin

@Mancs
hey, please lets pray for Rooney to be fit for the game against Barca
we need to be firing on all cylinders

Barca must fall by force!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2008
@ Loyika,

Dont cry now. . . . . .
I didn't bring up this issue, . . . . U were the one looking for me trouble.
First all, Ronaldo should have won the Young Player Award. . . I cant see any sense in him winning the big one and losing out on the other.
The FA just had to console Arsene Wenger and his goons so that most of em won't leave Arsenal.
Imagine Clichy getting a nod ahead of Evra. . . . .I can count 5 different incidents where Clichy's pocket was picked this season. tongue tongue

If Vida and Wazza don't play. . . . United will still go 4-4-2.
Pique and O'Shea can deputise for Vidic. . . . . . .Ronaldo will play in Wazza's position.
It means Park and Nani/Giggsy will man the flanks. . . . . .It is no conundrum. Fergie knows he must score 2-3 goals to forge through.
Fergie was in this position in 2005. . . . .Man Utd V Chelsea( no Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Gary Neville) and Mourinho still lost 1-0 at OT!!!!

United have a huge advantage at OT(only a fool wont recognise that).
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2008
@Jackal
thats true. .
we can get 3 goals against Barca but im thinking it will end in a goal to nil
Tevez to do his thing again
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2008
@ tkb417,

1-0 to Man Utd? Are u serious?
I would need a bottle of BUBBLY to be able to live with that.

We should do this thang like we did against ROMA or Arsenal(FA Cup) in February.
This will make room for early subs so Wazza and Vida can take a breather for the Hammers on saturday.
A slugfest kinda game would take its toll and we might lose players.

Fergie should go BANG BANG BANG.
Barca will not come to OT and go Gung Ho. . . . .I saw their game against Celtic in Scotland.
They were on the back foot throughout. . . . only few bursts going forward but they couldn't handle the pace of the Celts.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2008
i really do not see Manchester United losing tomorrow, i believe that with the recent run of poor performances and poor results and all that's at stake with the possibility of the season imploding,that this is when Manchester United are renowed for picking themselves up and getting the Job done.It's moments or times like this that i believe that the true Character of a team is shown when their backs are against the wall and with everything to lose that in the end they come through.United to win 3-1.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2008
The curses that where hurled on Fergie last Saturday was suprising tkb's comments where compliments compared to what i heard from some Mancs.

@vinisky
You are obviously new to UCL soccer a score draw would do for BARCA

That is what pisses me of with you Scumtwats you have forgotten when you guys where given penalties every other week last season and a lot of dodgy decisions you got this season at OT in big games we didnt hear a whimper then it is now Fergie knows refs are out to get him you guys should take this loss like men and bounce back tomorrow or tape it shut we have had our fair share of bad calls but we Gunners are not crying yall should do the same
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2008
@dayokanu,
Great ife. I watched soccer too regularly at conference centre and mayfair hotels. My nick name is Buju banton. One love dayo kanu but why hate United.

Was this Buju in Faculty of Tech? Computer Engineering. Argues a lot, SUB, Under the bookshop, lived in Awo,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2008
@Dayo

stop being a cunt . . .its annoying Angry

I don't watch Bundesliga, neither do I give a f@ck about their players, the club and what they do . . .WHY WASTE MY TIME ON CR@P Tongue

That means you have no right to analyse Euro footie. Just stick with Ass-anal

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.