Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab (13282 Views)

Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says / Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? / 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Cayon(f): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2008
Help me out here -

After reading Corinthians 11 - I have a question for the Christians reading this thread. 

Does the Bible state that women should cover their heads when they pray and men should not?

it seems as though in Paul's letter he  devoted to regulation of conduct at the liturgy and, in particular, with the dress of women in the church assembly,  . . . but I stand to be corrected 
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2008
The curiosity that brought about this question is how they are able to put on the full Hijab (burqa) in the hot weather. I also realised that the scanning detective equipment made some shocking discoveries when women with dressed in hijab were being searched.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92301102
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by olabowale(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Olaadegbu: You are almost beside yourself, in off-the-wall thinking!

Interestingly, the same women who practiced nudity, in all its forms, in
my own book, will wear enough coverings, that at first glance, you would
almost take it that they are in "Hijab," when the frigidity of Winter in
North Atlantic land masses, England, etc get to their Bones!

Answer Cayon's question about Paul's handwork, above. That is if you can.
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by AFEEFA(f): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2009
Many well meaning men have confessed to me their love for the hijjab.
Alot of them seem to respect ladies in their hijab than those who do not adorn this piece of clothing.
Besides, it makes sense to cover ones unclothedness from public view and the hijab is just a lady's basic cover and a signature at that.
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2009
In Muhammedan states, It is compulsory.

Any lady who violates that rule, will be arrested by the state.
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2009
Hijab is mandatory
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 11:19am On Oct 21, 2009
Hijab is mandatory

@Abuzola :

Hijab is necessary in order to treat Muslima like a domesticated animals by male Muhammedans.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Muhseen(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
Empty vessel. . .
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hehehe. Muhsin mutumina
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
Muhsin and Abuzola :

Both of you are crazy empty Muhammedan vessels

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2009
What a slowpoke
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2009
What a slowpoke

@Abuzola :

You are a psychotic donkey !!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2009
Focus, nothing do you
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by ladyjay1(f): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2009
d reason y all muslim women must wear is for our own good if we care 2 look very closely,

most of d rape cases we c nowadays can be avoided easily if we follow d ryt way to dress,

u can use ur jallabiyya dress wit a headscarf,as long as ur body is coverd properly its ok,

indescent dressing is not encouraged in any religion as far as i can tell,i dnt wear hijab,but i do dress very

decently n i enjoy it n people do respect mi 4 mi.i especially luv d way d arabs dress n its quite fashionable,pple

stop mi on d street 2 ask mi wia i bought mi jallabiyya n i happily tell them.so plz try it,u wil enjoy it
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2009
d reason y all muslim women must wear is for our own good if we care 2 look very closely,

most of d rape cases we c nowadays can be avoided easily if we follow d ryt way to dress,

u can use your jallabiyya dress wit a headscarf,as long as your body is coverd properly its ok,

indescent dressing is not encouraged in any religion as far as i can tell,i dnt wear hijab,but i do dress very

decently n i enjoy it n people do respect mi 4 mi.i especially luv d way d arabs dress n its quite fashionable,pple

stop mi on d street 2 ask mi wia i bought mi jallabiyya n i happily tell them.so plz try it,u wil enjoy it

Hijab and Jallabiyya does not depite descency. I will never wear any Muhammedan dress. God forbid !!!

Hijab is a veil deception. The Hijab was a curtain or a separator to divide the living quarters from the private ones. It had absolutely nothing to do with covering the women from top to bottom excluding the eyes!.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 6.282 & 315 Narrated bySafiya bint Shaiba
'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

*** According to the wife of Muhammad (the mother of the believers), the veil was to be a cover for the neck (not mentioned in the actual verse) and bosom of the woman (24:31) and not a total body cover with only her eyes showing as later Muhammadan scholars deliberately perverted the interpretation of the word.

As Aisha pointed out (BH 1.486) to her husband Muhammad, women in 'Islam' are treated equal to the donkey and the dog ***

So Hijab is used by male Muhammedan to treat the female Muhammedan like donkey or a dog. God have mercy
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2009
Deception at its best

why do you cut the rest of the hadith and write it short short for God's sake
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 12:01am On Nov 10, 2009
Deception at its best

why do you cut the rest of the hadith and write it short short for God's sake

@Abuzola :

How many Hadiths and Quran do you want me to quote in order for you to believe that your Quran and Hadiths are all evil ?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 3:10am On Nov 10, 2009
You are a liar, all you do is to quote half hadith so that it will send a wrong message, why not quote full hadith if you are truthful, lying cross worshipper
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2009
You are a liar, all you do is to quote half hadith so that it will send a wrong message, why not quote full hadith if you are truthful, lying cross worshipper

Abuzola Bin Laden

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Islam is a cult of deception .
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2009
Shut up mr forgery
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2009
Shut up mr forgery

@Abuzola :

Shut your mouth. Muhammed is the master forger.

grin
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2009
Quran 36

10 It is the same to them whether you warn them or you warn them not, they will not believe.
11 You can only warn him who follows the Reminder (the Quran), and fears the Most Beneficent (Allah) unseen. Bear you to such one the glad tidings of forgiveness, and a generous reward (i.e. Paradise).
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
Quran 36

10 It is the same to them whether you warn them or you warn them not, they will not believe.   
11 You can only warn him who follows the Reminder (the Quran), and fears the Most Beneficent (Allah) unseen. Bear you to such one the glad tidings of forgiveness, and a generous reward (i.e. Paradise). 

@Abuzola:

Carry on with your copy and paste. Empty brain.
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Abuzola(m): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2009
'Even if ALLAH had sent down to them (jews and xtrians and other disbelievers) Angels to warn them and the dead had spoken to them and We had gathered together all things before their eyes,
they would not have believed unless Allah willed, but most of them behave ignorantly'
Quran 6:111
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 18, 2009
Is ALLAH(SWT)that commanded us WOMEN to wear HIJAB, so i imploy all muslims to wear it,thats what makes us diferent from others,cos we simply obeying our CREATOR,and is one of the reason he said CHRISTIANS and other unbelievers will burn in HELL cause they are LAWLESS people,they dnt ACCEPT THE QURAN to obey ALLAH(SWT) DON'T and DO'S
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2009
Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 7.375 & 6.316/7; 8.255 Narrated byAnas
I know (about) the Hijab (the order of veiling of women) more than anybody else. Ubai bin Ka'b used to ask me about it. Allah's Apostle became the bridegroom of Zainab bint Jahsh whom he married at Medina. After the sun had risen high in the sky, the Prophet invited the people to a meal. Allah's Apostle remained sitting and some people remained sitting with him after the other guests had left. Then Allah's Apostle got up and went away, and I too, followed him till he reached the door of 'Aisha's room. Then he thought that the people must have left the place by then, so he returned and I also returned with him. Behold, the people were still sitting at their places. So he went back again for the second time, and I went along with him too. When we reached the door of 'Aisha's room, he returned and I also returned with him to see that the people had left.

Thereupon the Prophet hung a curtain between me and him and the Verse regarding the order for (veiling of women) Hijab was revealed.
The meaning of Hijab in the above story has obviously nothing whatsoever to do with any order concerning the 'veiling of women' as a full body cover but only as a curtain separating the living room from the private rooms of the house hold.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.257 & 1.148 Narrated byAisha
(the wife of the Prophet) 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to say to Allah's Apostle "Let your wives be veiled." But he did not do so. The wives of the Prophet used to go out to answer the call of nature at night only at Al-Manasi.' Once Sauda, the daughter of Zam'a went out and she was a tall woman. 'Umar bin Al-Khattab saw her while he was in a gathering, and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda!" He ('Umar) said so as he was anxious for some Divine orders regarding the veil (the veiling of women.) So Allah revealed the Verse of veiling. (Al-Hijab; a complete body cover excluding the eyes).

Utter nonsense! No Muhammadan can point out such a verse in the Quran. In the Ahadith, on the other hand, it is reported that such a verse existed. If it did existed and is not in the current Quran, then the Quran has been tampered with casting a huge shadow upon its veracity. If such an important verse is missing, then what else have been taken out or put in the Quran? How could it be divine if it is so corrupted?

[b]The veiling of the woman in Muhammadan Islam insults and degrades BOTH of the sexes because it implies that on the one hand, as if the body of a woman is an evil provocation to the male believers, and on the other hand, that the male believers are unrestrained animals who neither have the morals nor the intellect to control their sexual appetites, unlike most other men in other societies.

In the present era of the 21st Century, the Fundamentalist Muhammadan Muslims are attempting to undermine Western and non believing societies by using the Hijab issue to gain political and religious footholds in the laws of these countries and hence expand the envelope of their power over believing women even in democracies.

The HIJAB is NOT a religious issue at all and no Muhammadan can, based on all the 'Islamic' information that is available to the world prove it to be.

It is a purely POLITICAL and CONTROL mechanism that they are using against, what are unfortunately, ignorant politicians and law makers in the democracies who are not knowledgeable enough to call their bluff[/b]
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by muhsin(m): 11:58am On Nov 18, 2009
Is the forum's spambot still active? cheesy
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by muhsin(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by focused123(m): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2009
muhsin:

Stupid beast. I am giving you facts from your evil Quran and you are calling it spam.

Anyway Muhammed encourage Islamist to use deception to achieve their aim.
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by muhsin(m): 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2009
Any body capable to think reflectively can understand who between you and me holds truth.
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by ttruth(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2010
@post :

In Islamic states, Yes it is compulsory. You could be arrested or acid could be poured on you by some fanatics.

In Iran, Saudi Arabia for instance, you could be arrested by the state police or religious police.
Re: Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab by muhsin(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
And who told you that? I know you have never been to any of those countries. . . smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak! / Islamic Quiz / Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.