Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch (800 Views)

Can Flirting Be Considered As Cheating? / Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? / Can She Still Be Considered A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by ammamat(f): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2008
1. Don't be unavailable.
This one is the number one complaint with singles. Again and again people say they are available when in reality they are consumed with something/someone. Want to be considered a great catch, considered a keeper? Be available to have a relationship if you say you want one.
2. Don't cling, demand or beg for attention.
It's good to like someone and want to be with him or her. But when you want closeness while the other person wants space, being a great catch means allowing the space gracefully. What's more, it means cherishing the space.
3. Don't manipulate or ask leading questions.
Manipulation is one way to get what you want in a relationship. However, when you manipulate, what you get is not given freely. People who are a great catch allow everything to be given freely, or not at all.
4. Don't marry him or her in your head.
When you are barely dating, yet already walking to the altar in your head, it shows. What's more, it takes away from enjoying the process of dating. People who are considered a great catch can stay in the moment, having an eye on the future but not living in it.
5. Don't try to force the relationship.
In general, people do exactly as they want to do, and singles who are considered a great catch know that. These singles are able to let their dates/partners do as they will, without forcing the person or the relationship to be different. They observe, accept and choose.
6. Don't come on strong.
It's fun to sweep a new someone of their feet. However, most singles have learned that being swept of their feet is dangerous to the heart - the relationship usually does not survive past the initial rush. Being a great catch means growing slowly, lightly into the relationship.
7. Don't expect to be saved or fixed.
8. Everyone has something they are trying to improve in their life. Relying on a
new partner in the process of this improvement is unattractive. Being a great catch means having the resources to solve your troubles without needing the help of a new relationship partner.
9. Don't give up yourself, your opinions, your values.
If someone is attracted to you when you are at your best, feeling good, sure of yourself, aren't they attracted because of who you are? Being a great catch means daring to remain yourself as your new partner gets to know you.
10. Don't block communication.
Relationships are for relating, be they romantic or otherwise. Relating between humans means communicating. If you do not communicate, you do not have a relationship. People who are considered a great catch communicate.
11. Don't play games - be honest.
Honesty does not mean revealing the details of your sordid divorce on the first date. It does mean being honest about our goals, priorities, intentions, wants, etc. A great catch has nothing to hide
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by mj(m): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2008
Impressive
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by SOJ(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2008
practical tip for sensible people,,,great stuff
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by richo(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2008
girl u beta go and start ur own dr. phil show oh na good business cheesy cheesy
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by HRhotness(f): 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2008
So r u a great catch?
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by tope2000(f): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2008
cool wink cheesy
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by tRoOE(f): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2008
[size=13pt]great catch ko, catch fish ni[/size]
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by whitelexi(m): 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2008
Typical grin
Girl posts nice thread
Guys encourage her
girls diss her.
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by HRhotness(f): 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2008
whitelexi:

Typical grin
Girl posts nice thread
Guys encourage her
girls diss her.

Me i am not dissin anyone oh. . . just wanted to knw if she does everything she wrote? and if she is she single? and why? grin grin grin
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by ammamat(f): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2008
just wanted to knw if she does everything she wrote? and if she is she single? and why?
@ hotness Please do what i say not what i do,
I
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by HRhotness(f): 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2008
ammamat:

@ hotness Please do what i say not what i do,

Gotcha! wink
Re: Things Not To Do If You Want To Be Considered A Great Catch by OBVIOUS(m): 3:12am On Oct 06, 2008
Everything is dependent on luck.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Man Of Your Dreams / Am In Love What Am I Going To Do / Help My Guy Is Gone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.