Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,653 members, 7,844,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! (3809 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 3:50am On Oct 03, 2008
maxell:

Palin's answer to every question was : Energy in Alaska !

Energy in Alaska this, Energy in Alaska that !!

What a shame cry

she should have added snow in Alaska.
Eskimos in alaska
alaskans in alaska
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 3:51am On Oct 03, 2008
KarmaMod:

lmao. Abi o!

My sister was like "Joe shouldnt get emotional", i was like "What the hell do you mean? Let him get emotional jare! That's all they understand"
He lost a daughter and a wife.
who wouldn't get emotional talking about it
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 3:52am On Oct 03, 2008
I was so happy when Biden showed some emotion with his family too. All this "hockey mom" stuff plays to the blue-collar white redneck voters.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 3:53am On Oct 03, 2008
lol. 8 pack joe, let see if she will call Ms. Ifill questions as 'gotcha'
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 3:54am On Oct 03, 2008
The woman made women look stupid.
At a time I did feel sorry for her though
especially when they were talking of Genocide in Darfur and Bosnia.
She looked like a little girl at  her first dance recital
I'm sure she felt like running to the bathroom to pee pee
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Sisikill: 3:54am On Oct 03, 2008
KarmaMod:

I laughed hard when Biden kept sighing, it's obvious he had to restrain his responses alot

Rotflmao! I swear I was half expecting him to drop his pen and say "This is just stupid, this woman has no idea what she's talking about. I'm out of here, call me when you have somebody worthy" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 3:55am On Oct 03, 2008
yes to remind her she is not the only one with someone in Iraq. okay, let's accept she is not vast in foreign issues, but do you have to ramble to make sense? her tutors did a bad job.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by maxell(f): 3:55am On Oct 03, 2008
Sisikill:

Loved how Biden brought his own family drama into it too, shei she thought she was the only one who can the "Oh Look at me, I'm just like y'all. I drink orange juice from a paper cup"

It was very smart for Biden to bring in his family drama; Palin was trying to use that as being in touch with the average working class american,
but Biden saw right through her.

plus_Queen:

she should have added snow in Alaska.
Eskimos in alaska
alaskans in alaska

lol. That woman is really lucky she is white the way she dodges questions.

olodo grin
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by maxell(f): 3:56am On Oct 03, 2008
davidylan*:

I was so happy when Biden showed some emotion with his family too. All this "hockey mom" stuff plays to the blue-collar white redneck voters.

Precisely. cool
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Sisikill: 3:57am On Oct 03, 2008
Please who else wanted to break something when she gave a shout out?

Helloooo, where are we. . . Cabrini Green?  shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 3:57am On Oct 03, 2008
Sisikill:

Rotflmao! I swear I was half expecting him to drop his pen and say "This is just stupid, this woman has no idea what she's talking about. I'm out of here, call me when you have somebody worthy" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ROFL.
There was one point his tone changed and I told my husband,this man was about to go off
thankfully he didn't
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 3:57am On Oct 03, 2008
maxell:

It was very smart for Biden to bring in his family drama; Palin was trying to use that as being in touch with the average american,
but Biden saw right through her.

the Obama campaign must have been expecting that. i would have been disappointed if Biden didnt hammer her on that. Only a white woman can have absolutely no knowledge of issues and still have a shot at the vice presidency.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Orimili(m): 3:57am On Oct 03, 2008
Biden's rambling was definitely on par with Palin's rambling, that is for sure. They both, at best, sounded as if they practiced the answers from a book of generic debate questions, and adapted them to current events.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 3:58am On Oct 03, 2008
In all honesty, I think she performed reasonably well. Everybody expected her to goof up big time after all that "What does a VP do?" and I can see Russia from backyard" bullshit
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 3:59am On Oct 03, 2008
hillary am sure is weeping lol. this is not her goal for sisterhood of traveling pantsuit
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 3:59am On Oct 03, 2008
she performed well in not falling down. in all honesty, she was everywhere with a simple question.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Sisikill: 4:00am On Oct 03, 2008
Oh About that one time they asked her question and she said can I talk about Afghanistan?

Are you kidding me. . . No you can't talk about Afghanistan, answer the darn question!! angry angry

So obvious, she had crammed all about Afghanistan and was determined to show off her new found knowledge.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by KarmaMod(f): 4:01am On Oct 03, 2008
Hiliary would have chewed that woman and spat her out like spoilt moinmoin.

The frustration on Biden's face was beyond amusing. He had to keep converting it into a grin.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Orimili(m): 4:01am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

In all honesty, I think she performed reasonably well. Everybody expected her to goof up big time after all that "What does a VP do?" and I can see Russia from backyard" bullshit

Shhhh! Don't say that here, it's only cool to make fun of and name-call Palin! Never mind that she held up just as well as Biden. . .
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:01am On Oct 03, 2008
How about the time [b]they asked her a question and she heaved a sigh, turned about 12 leaves of her notebook then said "well let's talk about Afghanistan"[/b]I was like
"woman,that was not the Q
Then after she had read out her speech on Afghanistan and talked her nonsense, Biden squashed her like a bug.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:02am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

In all honesty, she's dumbed down the quality of debates. If "victory" is about being able to avoid a huge gaffe (by filling dead space with nonsense) then God help America.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by jgirl3: 4:02am On Oct 03, 2008
I loved BIDEN! He wants to really get away from Iraq and they both performed well. I just prefer Biden.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 4:02am On Oct 03, 2008
it is all off her shoulder. she only have to listen to what pundits got to say tmr (as she said herself like they asked her). now it is time fo go cook dinner for Tood. Lasanga or a moose soup
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Orimili(m): 4:04am On Oct 03, 2008
KarmaMod:

Hiliary would have chewed that woman and spat her out like spoilt moinmoin.

The frustration on Biden's face was beyond amusing. He had to keep converting it into a grin.

. . .or cried and played the "I'm a woman" card. . .
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by maxell(f): 4:04am On Oct 03, 2008
Sisikill:

Oh About that one time they asked her question and she said can I talk about Afghanistan?

Are you kidding me. . . No you can't talk about Afghanistan, answer the darn question!! angry angry

So obvious, she had crammed all about Afghanistan and was determined to show off her new found knowledge.

lol.

At one point she said "I have only been at this for only 5 weeks" and then switched the answer to something else.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:04am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

Biko in what way?
By answering her own questions?
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:06am On Oct 03, 2008
Orimili:

Shhhh! Don't say that here, it's only cool to make fun of and name-call Palin! Never mind that she held up just as well as Biden. . .

How did she "hold up"? By outright lying, refusing to answer the questions, rambling on with offtopic points and not having any clue about John McCain's voting record in the senate?

Yeah she "held up" just as well.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:06am On Oct 03, 2008
maxell:

lol.

At one point she said "I have only been at this for only 5 weeks" and then switched the answer to something else.

and did you see the dial on the bottom of the screen go south.
chei
The men and women who were being sampled all spoke in one voice.
That was a scary moment
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Sisikill: 4:08am On Oct 03, 2008
I about fell off the chair laughing when Biden said this. . . .

"I would compare mine and Barack's record against McCains and anybody else."

ZING! ZING! ZING!!!

Rotflmao! What a way to DISMISS her!
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:09am On Oct 03, 2008
Just the mere fact that she had absolutely no follow up rebuttals to anything Biden said including when he used hammer and destroyed John's "maverickness"
The woman was a failure jo
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 4:10am On Oct 03, 2008
davidylan*:

How did she "hold up"? By outright lying, refusing to answer the questions, rambling on with offtopic points and not having any clue about John McCain's voting record in the senate?
Yeah she "held up" just as well.

Yeah, that kinda bothered me a bit. Everytime she accuses Obama of something it turns out that McCain voted the same way.

plus_Queen:

Biko in what way?
By answering her own questions?

I believe she won some spats. Biden had his own faltering moments unless if I was watching a different debate  undecided
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:11am On Oct 03, 2008
Sisikill:

I about fell off the chair laughing when Biden said this. . . .

"I would compare mine and Barack's record against McCains and anybody else."

ZING! ZING! ZING!!!

Rotflmao! What a way to DISMISS her!

I sat on the ground all through so I don't shout and fall and break a body part.
It was showtime at the apollo
I tell ya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russian Sniper Kills World Female Terrorist 'white Wiidow' Samantha / Too Hot: Female Russian Spy Disguising As Girlfriend To Ukrainian Pilot Busted / Ben Carson Surges In Polls After Debate Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.