Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,826 members, 7,844,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! (3811 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 4:47am On Oct 03, 2008
what a pity. she looks like someone who will love war with russia, iran, pakistan, afghanistan, iraq, nigeria etc
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 4:49am On Oct 03, 2008
omoge:

by the color of their skin you shall know them.

soccer mom, hockey mom, redneck, joe six pack, walmart shoppers etc will still vote for them. it is a pity that MCPalin will rule America.

Those were her main targets and I assure U she quite made an impression with them 2nite. As long as she did not say some outrightly stupid or dumb, then she is good . Those guys in bold letters wont even know when one is answering the right questions or even giving the right answers. As long as she comes off as regular people, then all is cool.

Its no coincidence that she keeps on stressing the point that she does not rotate in Washington circles and was always quick to point out that Biden was first and foremost a politician. Remenber this " I was for it before I was against it". She knew what she was doing.

And it was no coincidence too that Biden kept bringing in his everyday life into the debate (The story about the guy filling his tank, his frequent trips to the home depot  grin and then the coupe de grace was when he showed that face filled with sadness). He knew the game the woman was trying to play. She was not there to answer ur questions the way U want it (She said it herself). She was trying to get at a particular audience.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Orimili(m): 4:49am On Oct 03, 2008
davidylan*:

Ask Orimili, i think he heard it. Or ask Joe six-pack.

. . .And I have yet to see how Obama's administration will differ either, as his voting record as of late has been pretty much inline with Bush's (and McCain's) (see FISA, revised bailout, etc. . .)

I'm not a McCain supporter by any means, but people seem to fail to realize that there are leagues of people out there that will vote McCain regardless. All this hype without looking at the reality of the election process is actually hurting any real progress.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Orimili(m): 4:53am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

Those were her main targets and I assure U she quite made an impression with them 2nite. As long as she did not say some outrightly stupid or dumb, then she is good . Those guys in bold letters wont even know when one is answering the right questions or even giving the right answers. As long as she comes off as regular people, then all is cool.

Its no coincidence that she keeps on stressing the point that she does not rotate in Washington circles and was always quick to point out that Biden was first and foremost a politician. Remenber this " I was for it before I was against it". She knew what she was doing.

And it was no coincidence too that Biden kept bringing in his everyday life into the debate (The story about the guy filling his tank, his frequent trips to the home depot  grin and then the coupe de grace was when he showed that face filled with sadness). He knew the game the woman was trying to play. She was not there to answer ur questions the way U want it (She said it herself). She was trying to get at a particular audience.

I can agree with that. Both of them were not really answering the questions in their response, but were selling themselves to a particular crowd. They both actually did well in doing so, and surely people on both sides of the fence will show their impressions in class tomorrow morning.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Sisikill: 4:59am On Oct 03, 2008
Hilary Clinton Weighs In
Hillary Clinton issued a statement shortly after the debate praising Joe Biden's performance:

“Tonight's debate underscored the stark choice American families face in this election," she said. “I've known Senator Biden a long time – as Americans saw tonight, he is a strong, passionate and experienced leader. Like Barack Obama, Joe Biden understands both the economic stresses here at home and the strategic challenges in Iraq, Afghanistan, and around the world.

“We saw yet again that Senator McCain and Sarah Palin will offer only more of the same failed policies of the Bush Administration. America's hardworking Middle Class families deserve better.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 5:06am On Oct 03, 2008
For those intersted in Stats

54 percent voted Palin as likeable to Biden's 36 percent. shocked shocked

Americans and thier fickleness grin Which one concern likeability again for this debate shocked
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Orimili(m): 5:06am On Oct 03, 2008
not when many are one paycheck away from moving into the New York subway station as a permanent home.
Things are very different.
If Obama had been a white man ,this whole thing would have been over.

That may be, but we are at fault for this mess too, by depending too much on credit and living outside our means. The economy is going to tank regardless of who is in office. That bailout bill (the one that both candidates support) is just going to accelerate the process.

Also, have you tried sleeping on the benches in a standard NYCTA station? That, cops, and bad ventilation would make it impossible to make any NY subway station a permanent home. (except for 59th Street on IND Central Park West, that station is pretty nice)
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 5:09am On Oct 03, 2008
I need to start looking for Canadian citizenship.
I need to escape somewhere before anything more disastrous happens
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

For those intersted in Stats

54 percent voted Palin as likeable to Biden's 36 percent. shocked shocked

Americans and their fickleness grin Which one concern likeability again for this debate shocked
If this is going to affect the election, which is likely going to, y'all better get ready for Bush II regime
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 5:14am On Oct 03, 2008
That was why I felt that this debate had no casualty. Biden won the intellectual debate but Palin was percieved as being more in tune with the Joe six packs grin There is going to be no major shift of a vote block either way. The election is still hanging in the air.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Ibime(m): 5:56am On Oct 03, 2008
Sarah Palin represented herself well. At least she made no major gaffes neither did she lose confidence. Her Republican base will love her for this but questions will still remain in the minds of Independents. On a negative notes, her sentences have no full stops, only punctuations. She also focuses on a narrow range of talking points, namely Energy and tax cuts.

Biden though was in a class of his own. That was a masterclass. Great choice by Obama. He is more qualified to be President than Obama, McCain and Palin. I always loved this guy. And he sure shut down the maverick crap.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by DeepZone: 6:20am On Oct 03, 2008
I need to start looking for Canadian citizenship.
I need to escape somewhere before anything more disastrous happens
Why not go home to your country? Don't you have a country of birth?
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by DeepZone: 6:23am On Oct 03, 2008
i am watching the debate now. My girl is trying to shut Biden up. I couldn't watch it live because i had butterflies in my stomach. I hope women will see through this woman and grab this opportunity to make a landmark in America. Enough of these men blindly leading us to poverty.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

And it was no coincidence too that Biden kept bringing in his everyday life into the debate (The story about the guy filling his tank, his frequent trips to the home depot  grin and then the coupe de grace was when he showed that face filled with sadness). He knew the game the woman was trying to play. She was not there to answer ur questions the way U want it (She said it herself). She was trying to get at a particular audience.

Biden gave the woman a lot of space. The Bridge-to-nowhere could have easily been brought up there.
As you said, he knew the game. Though he obviously got tired of the maverick crap, so he shut it down and she stopped with it.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by KarmaMod(f): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2008
Your "girl" is a slowpoke placed there as a sexual robot to redneck males hence the obnoxious winking and trailer trash speak.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Arielle: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2008
What I would have given to see Hillary v Sarah Palin! Hil would have wiped the floor with her. Biden showed remarkable restraint and I could feel his frustration. His shooting down of the whole maverick nonsense was classic!
But pulling his punches just dampened what would have been a really interesting debate. Whose fault is it she's a dim-wit?
Why should female candidates expect to be treated as equals but still expect softer, less aggressive handling because of their sex? Isn't that pandering and condescension right there?
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by KarmaMod(f): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2008
Arielle:

Why should female candidates expect to be treated as equals but still expect softer, less aggressive  handling because of their sex? Isn't that pandering and condescension right there?

i dont blame him. The other side have made it obvious that any remark against her will be seen as "sexist and aggressive"
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by DeepZone: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2008
She "winked" and winked all night and many American male voters are falling for her eye gesture: grin grin

Work it baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7n7tbAT8oc
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2008
who gives shout outs at a presidential or VP debate?
This woman thinks she's at Balogun market
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 5:37pm On Oct 03, 2008
DeepZone:

Why not go home to your country? Don't you have a country of birth?

I haven't fortified myself yet grin
You can't just walk into a lion's den unprepared
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2008
DeepZone:

[b]She "winked" and winked all night and many American male voters are falling for her eye gesture: grin grin[/b]Work it baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7n7tbAT8oc

maybe the Joe 3 cartons grin
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by RichyBlacK(m): 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2008
Palin's vice-presidency will usher in the era of Dumbocracy in America.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Orimili(m): 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Palin's vice-presidency will usher in the era of Dumbocracy in America.

Because this is the first time we've ever had a vice-president in office with minimal leadership skills.
</sarcasm>
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by RichyBlacK(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2008
Orimili:

Because this is the first time we've ever had a vice-president in office with minimal leadership skills.
</sarcasm>

I see your point. Bush is a dumbocrat, but at least he tried to make some sense sometimes. If you look closely, Bush isn't all that harmful without the real source of evil - Dick Cheney!

The dumb-evil distribution of Bush is about 50-50, while Cheney is about 30-70. Sarah Palin's would be reversed: 95-5. She's so dumb that she'll do evil with a smile and a wink! Really scary!
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2008
RichyBlacK:

I see your point. Bush is a dumbocrat, but at least he tried to make some sense sometimes. If you look closely, Bush isn't all that harmful without the real source of evil - privates Cheney!

The dumb-evil distribution of Bush is about 50-50, while Cheney is about 30-70. Sarah Palin's would be reversed: 95-5. She's so dumb that she'll do evil with a smile and a wink! Really scary!

For a woman who came to a VP debate to dish out winks and shout- outs, what do U expect.

Her tutors knew that she would not last 2 minutes if she goes toe to toe with Biden on issues of national interest. So she played to her strenghts. Make Biden look like an IRS employee while she comes off as a regular working mom.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2008
Biden might have tore her apart if not because they were already crying foul before everything. go easy on her, she is a woman, do not pick on her, iFILL is pro obama, many excuse that the guy just let go.

now MC is saying in colorado, did you see Palin, how did she do, she did soooooooo magnificent bla bla yada and i almost feel sorry for my friend Joe Biden. i hated his gut you know. after he had done taking it easy with her, he is now too weak in MC eyes.

he should stop those fake smile
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2008
the expectation was low anyway. now she should no longer be hiden away from the press
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2008
Biden would have done himself no good if he went for the jugular on Palin. If he had been incisive then Palin would just walk away with more sympathy votes. The word sexist, condescending, impudence et al would have been rife in the press as at now.

Even the moderator's hands were tied. The Republicans had already raised a lot of dust regarding her neutrality. Palin refused to answer a lot of questions posed to her and normally it is the work of the moderator to make sure U answer or at least acknowledge questions rather than dance around them. For the most part, she did not and I don't blame her.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2008
omoge:

the expectation was low anyway. now she should no longer be hiden away from the press

You know most members of the press will not accept her refusal to answer questions by (1) not answering them at all, or (2) answering the previous question again.

Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by RichyBlacK(m): 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2008
khai_khai:

You know most members of the press will not accept her refusal to answer questions by (1) not answering them at all, or (2) answering the previous question again.

That's why I love Katie Couric's "so as not to belabour the point" - yeepee!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iran Destroy USA Best Drone Worth $200million (pictures) / See The Fineboy That Is Shaking The World At The Moment(pix) / What People Or Groups Of People Have Been Responsible For The Most Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.