Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,766 members, 7,844,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! (3810 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by bawomolo(m): 4:11am On Oct 03, 2008
greed and corruption in wall street is her new slogan.  this republicans and slogans. first we had to deal with mr rudy guiliani aka  mr 911, sarah palin has taken over.  i can't wait to watch sean hannity give her a stamp of approval.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:12am On Oct 03, 2008
the issue is when u're scraping the bottom of the barrel you cant go any lower. That is what happened tonight.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Sisikill: 4:12am On Oct 03, 2008
maxell:

lol.

At one point she said "I have only been at this for only 5 weeks" and then switched the answer to something else.

LMAO! Only that? What about "I'm a washington outsider" [Insert Cutesy Aww, shucks giggle here]

My British cousin is watching with me and she kept asking. . . "Am I not getting what she is saying because I am not American and I don't know the issues or am I just dense? I had to reassure her that even Americans who know the issues don't get her! LMAO! Poor thing thought her brain had turned to mush.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:13am On Oct 03, 2008
who is Joe six-pack?  undecided
Is he a hockey dad?
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:13am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

I believe she won some spats. Biden had his own faltering moments unless if I was watching a different debate  undecided

I didn't see it.
All I saw was a man basically wondering and saying to himself "How do I say this  without sounding mean"
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 4:13am On Oct 03, 2008
To me there were no major casualties here. The presidential ticket (thankfully) still lies squarely on Obama and McCain. Hope Obama comes up tops , tho.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 4:15am On Oct 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

I didn't see it.
All I saw was a man basically wondering and saying to himself "How do I say this without sounding mean"

Why am I not suprised? grin
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:15am On Oct 03, 2008
Did you all hear that she wont be doing any more interviews?
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:15am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

To me there were no major casualties here. The presidential ticket (thankfully) still lies squarely on Obama and McCain. Hope Obama comes up tops , tho.

Opinions polls so far say this debate was 51% Biden
                                                                  39% Palin

are they blind?
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Sisikill: 4:17am On Oct 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

I sat on the ground all through so I don't shout and fall and break a body part.
It was showtime at the apollo
I tell ya

LMAO! Good thinking.

davidylan*:

who is Joe six-pack?  undecided
Is he a hockey dad?

Your Average Joe now. . . you know the one who drinks six pack (American) he keeps cold in a homemade ice bucket in the garage. Joe watches football with his friends on his front lawn and chows down on frozen pizza over the kitchen sink . . that Joe Six pack!
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by maxell(f): 4:18am On Oct 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

I didn't see it.
All I saw was a man basically wondering and saying to himself "How do I say this without sounding mean"

You share my exact sentiments.

Biden was really holding back not to appear mean and insensitive to women. It is obvious the Obama camp
needs those Clinton supporters badly and don't want to jeopardize their position.

Biden made sure he didn't go at her with his full arsenal.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by KarmaMod(f): 4:18am On Oct 03, 2008
All I saw was a man basically wondering and saying to himself "How do I say this  without sounding mean"

Seriously. The poor man was sighing and looked so frustrated, all he could do was grin.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:18am On Oct 03, 2008
davidylan*:

Did you all hear that she wont be doing any more interviews?

how many has she done?
This one we all saw, she set her own questions and answered them.
and absolutely no follow ups
Remember the Katie couric disaster.
The woman is a joke

So if anything were to happen to McCain,this is our president.
Yeeee hawwww
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Orimili(m): 4:19am On Oct 03, 2008
We'll see. I remember a similar "defeat" of Bush/Cheyney by Kerry/Edwards four years ago. Never underestimate the voting behavior of the American people.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by SeanT21(f): 4:21am On Oct 03, 2008
I can not believe that this fool told the US that she only been around for 5 weeks. I was like this Bitch is not even qualified to be a VP.

Oh, I love it when Biden Got emotional. I felt his Pain.

Oh, I also love when he shut down the whole maverick crap.

Did Palin talk about how her administration differ from that of Bush. I sure did not hear it.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:21am On Oct 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

So if anything were to happen to McCain,this is our president.
Yeeee hawwww

not bad. We can all sit on the lawn and admire her smile and say "gotcha". Doesnt matter if we cant pay for heating in winter.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:22am On Oct 03, 2008
Orimili:

We'll see. I remember a similar "defeat" of Bush/Cheyney by Kerry/Edwards four years ago. Never underestimate the voting behavior of the American people.

not when many are one paycheck away from moving into the New York subway station as a permanent home.
Things are very different.
If Obama had been a white man ,this whole thing would have been over.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:22am On Oct 03, 2008
SeanT21:

Did Palin talk about how her administration differ from that of Bush. I sure did not hear it.

Ask Orimili, i think he heard it. Or ask Joe six-pack.

Sisikill:

Your Average Joe now. . . you know the one who drinks six pack (American) he keeps cold in a homemade ice bucket in the garage. Joe watches football with his friends on his front lawn and chows down on frozen pizza over the kitchen sink . . that Joe Six pack!

the overweight redneck?
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:23am On Oct 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

we wouldnt even be watching debates.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by SeanT21(f): 4:24am On Oct 03, 2008
Biden and Carter!!!

Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:25am On Oct 03, 2008
davidylan*:

not bad. We can all sit on the lawn and admire her smile and say "gotcha". Doesnt matter if we can't pay for heating in winter.

and when the month ends,I'll send out a check of gotcha to Bank of America as my mortgage payment
and stamp a lipstick on the ones  to comcast and the energy company
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by BigB11(m): 4:25am On Oct 03, 2008
not when many are one paycheck away from moving into the New York subway station as a permanent home.
Things are very different.

Absolutely on point.

This is a totally different ball game!
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:26am On Oct 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

and when the month ends,I'll send out a check of gotcha to Bank of America as my mortgage payment
and stamp a lipstick on the ones to comcast and the energy company

If they refuse tell them you're a maverick.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:29am On Oct 03, 2008
davidylan*:

If they refuse tell them you're a maverick.

For the first time,I'm reading out nairaland posts to my husband and he's rolling with laughter
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by maxell(f): 4:30am On Oct 03, 2008
Orimili:

We'll see. I remember a similar "defeat" of Bush/Cheyney by Kerry/Edwards four years ago.

Never underestimate the voting behavior of the American people.

Good point. Even up till now, I am yet to fathom how bush was re-elected for a second term.

And let's not forget the whites are still the majority in the US.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by davidylan4(m): 4:32am On Oct 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

For the first time,I'm reading out nairaland posts to my husband and he's rolling with laughter

Hope he's a joe six-pack.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:33am On Oct 03, 2008
maxell:

Good point. Even up till now, I[b] am yet to fathom how bush was re-elected for a second term[/b].

And let's not forget the whites are still the majority in the US.

Juju
they went to Okija
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:34am On Oct 03, 2008
davidylan*:

Hope he's a joe six-pack.

he's an Okonkwo no pack grin
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by Uche2nna(m): 4:36am On Oct 03, 2008
Like I said before, I think she did well playing the part she was "schooled for".

She came off as a cutesy-folksy mom running for VP and managed to make Biden look like a die hard politician. It might sound ridiculous but that strategy works with American folks

Biden saw that and countered when he pulled out his "I understand" speech.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by omoge(f): 4:36am On Oct 03, 2008
by the color of their skin you shall know them.

soccer mom, hockey mom, redneck, joe six pack, walmart shoppers etc will still vote for them. it is a pity that MCPalin will rule America.
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by plusQueen: 4:43am On Oct 03, 2008
I cannot wait for that election day.
There's nothing that'll keep me from voting.
This is war
Re: The Vp Debate On In A Matter Of Time! by KarmaMod(f): 4:44am On Oct 03, 2008
She came off as a cutesy-folksy mom running for VP and managed to make Biden look like a die hard politician. It might sound ridiculous but that strategy works with American folks

I agree. I saw her stragety from the moment she opened her mouth, the way she ignored the questions and rambled on what she thinks people "really wanna hear". Americans are daft., of course it's gonna work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ben Carson Surges In Polls After Debate Performance / Iran Destroy USA Best Drone Worth $200million (pictures) / See The Fineboy That Is Shaking The World At The Moment(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.