Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,979 members, 7,835,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (550398 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
khassy:

Exactly d 10k I've been looking for
God bless you brother

Nice lie to tell popci
May God forgive me my sins. lol
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
Better to be late than never. Congrats to the recently admitted ones and good-luck to those that are yet to receive the good news of admission.
The Good Lord that did it for others will do it for you too.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1boylikevhis(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
agent9:

Annnnnd na who u be....abi na who be u to sama 14years oooo?? tongue
potential SAN..lol
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
torilo..wat department do you need ?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ismaheel161: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
horlawaleh001:

if you intend to stay in the hostel, you really don't need a lot of appliances.
but if you intend to stay off campus, dm me so ill forward my own list to you. Then you can do some addition and subtraction.

And btw, self con available at oke odo for 60k (55k for subsequent payments)... New house, tiled floor, pumping machine..
abeg reach me on ma digits cos I need a 9c selfcon 07062934246@oke odo
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
I just went through semi hell today..i was to pay my acceptance fee today..i was with the mastercard(gtb ) i filled all details not until i saw card pin..the card belongs to my dad..i called him to give me the pin..this man no gree..now am a confused person..i havent still payed up yet undecided

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Khan1993: today is supposed to be the best day of my life but what do i get instead of medicine, plant biology... Even if its the last atom of blood in me...am gonna study medicine and surgery in the best uinversity in nigeria for medicine.. Am practically sad. UI expect this brother next session.
I understand your burning desire for MEDICINE but you've got to weigh your options wisely.
Well, we all have our childhood dreams, I can still remember when nothing interested me more than being a quantum physicist after reading the IN SEARCH OF SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT by John Gribbin and Stephen Hawking's A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME. But age comes with experience and experience comes with age. Hence, the need for a re-evaluation of my dream.
Come to think of it, when in primary school every child wants to become a Doctor, Banker, Pilot, Lawyer, an Engineer, and a Politician etc. Not knowing that there are numerous number of PROFESSIONS besides those so-called traditionally perceived professions. Yes, those fields readily come to our unsuspecting minds courtesy of their popularization by the ill-informed and biased society.
Indeed, MEDICINE is a noble profession that commands the respect of the society. But the reality is: medicine is full of bureaucracies and bureaucracy cripples innovation except you are of the Ben Carson's gene.
I personally see Doctors as Advanced Technicians that work monotonously on a given medical condition (Doctors, please do not interpret this as an outright denigration of your ever indispensable services to the society). In Medicine you dare not question the orthodoxical precepts governing medical operations. And I perfectly understand the rationale for that, because a Doctor's professional mistake is rarely pardonable as this could result to a loss of life. The infamous Dr. Conrad Murray--a victim of circumstances who was globally blamed for the death of Jackson could attest to this.
In contrast, a professional mistake in some fields does not instantly lead to a loss of life e.g.The recent General Motors' recall of vehicles over the Ignition Switch and parking brake risk fire.
No!! Don't get me wrong. Of course, if you are a medical researcher you can always come up with novel solutions to medical problems. But I don't think you are considering this option.
Now, as a Plant Biologist innovation is the key to proffer solutions to the threatening pangs of hunger that await the world's teeming and growing population.
Statistically, the world population is currently seven Billion. By 2030 India's population is expected to surpass China's to become the largest country in the world.
Also, the Nigeria's population is expected to surpass the U.S population in 2045 to become the third most populous country in the world, starting to rival China by the end of the century, with almost 1 billion people in 2100.
As the world's population continues to grow, achieving global food security-producing enough nutritious food that everyone can access, and doing so sustainably is one of the greatest challenges we face today.
By 2050, it is projected that there will be 9.2 billion people on the planet, and recent estimates suggest that food production will have to increase by 70% if we are to feed everyone. So the question remains: How do we feed our growing population?
If policy makers want to address this question, Plant Biology and Agricultural Engineering might be a better investments than computer science or medicine. And this will inevitably lead to mass employment of Plant Biology graduates. So if only you will expand your horizon and see opportunities where there currently seems to be none, Plant Biology is a potentially rewarding career as you will be saving the current generation and the posterity.
As a Plant Biologist, you can choose to work closely with Agric experts to eliminate world hunger and create a world where everyone has equal access to nutritious food.
Evidently, recent analysis of job prospects for Biology-related fields' students reveal that among life sciences, Plant Biology is emerging as one of the areas for career and research globally. And there are variety of specializations and disciplines within the field of Plant Biology that can lead to interesting career from pharmaceutics to food sciences.
So what are you waiting for? Just get out of your deterministic world of Newton and get into the weird quantum world of Heisenberg.
Besides, you might not be so lucky next year (but if you insist on taking another UTME, then good-luck to you), just improvise with what you have now to augment what is to come in the future. After all, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

6 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by fherbeeshara(f): 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
yinkarh187: wow you're even my namesake only dat i spell it as TOYIB
Also for civil engineering!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by jazboy(m): 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
horlawaleh001:

if you intend to stay in the hostel, you really don't need a lot of appliances.
but if you intend to stay off campus, dm me so ill forward my own list to you. Then you can do some addition and subtraction.

And btw, self con available at oke odo for 60k (55k for subsequent payments)... New house, tiled floor, pumping machine..
I need dat sef kon,Abeg make we yarn(08080576747,jazboy95,7EE86661)
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alimtoheeb(m): 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
fherbeeshara:
u've been admited?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Khan1993: 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
EINSTEINPG: I understand your burning desire for MEDICINE but you've got to weigh your options wisely.
Well, we all have our childhood dreams, I can still remember when nothing interested me more than being a quantum physicist after reading the IN SEARCH OF SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT by John Gribbin and Stephen Hawking's A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME. But age comes with experience and experience comes with age. Hence, the need for a re-evaluation of my dream.
Come to think of it, when in primary school every child wants to become a Doctor, Banker, Pilot, Lawyer, an Engineer, and a Politician etc. Not knowing that there are numerous number of PROFESSIONS besides those so-called traditionally perceived professions. Yes, those fields readily come to our unsuspecting minds courtesy of their popularization by the ill-informed and biased society.
Indeed, MEDICINE is a noble profession that commands the respect of the society. But the reality is: medicine is full of bureaucracies and bureaucracy cripples innovation except you are of the Ben Carson's gene.
I personally see Doctors as Advanced Technicians that work monotonously on a given medical condition (Doctors, please do not interpret this as an outright denigration of your ever indispensable services to the society). In Medicine you dare not question the orthodoxical precepts governing medical operations. And I perfectly understand the rationale for that, because a Doctor's professional mistake is rarely pardonable as this could result to a loss of life. The infamous Dr. Conrad Murray--a victim of circumstances who was globally blamed for the death of Jackson could attest to this.
In contrast, a professional mistake in some fields does not instantly lead to a loss of life e.g.The recent General Motors' recall of vehicles over the Ignition Switch and parking brake risk fire.
No!! Don't get me wrong. Of course, if you are a medical researcher you can always come up with novel solutions to medical problems. But I don't think you are considering this option.
Now, as a Plant Biologist innovation is the key to proffer solutions to the threatening pangs of hunger that await the world's teeming and growing population.
Statistically, the world population is currently seven Billion. By 2030 India's population is expected to surpass China's to become the largest country in the world.
Also, the Nigeria's population is expected to surpass the U.S population in 2045 to become the third most populous country in the world, starting to rival China by the end of the century, with almost 1 billion people in 2100.
As the world's population continues to grow, achieving global food security-producing enough nutritious food that everyone can access, and doing so sustainably is one of the greatest challenges we face today.
By 2050, it is projected that there will be 9.2 billion people on the planet, and recent estimates suggest that food production will have to increase by 70% if we are to feed everyone. So the question remains: How do we feed our growing population?
If policy makers want to address this question, Plant Biology and Agricultural Engineering might be a better investments than computer science or medicine. And this will inevitably lead to mass employment of Plant Biology graduates. So if only you will expand your horizon and see opportunities where there currently seems to be none, Plant Biology is a potentially rewarding career as you will be saving the current generation and the posterity.
As a Plant Biologist, you can choose to work closely with Agric experts to eliminate world hunger and create a world where everyone has equal access to nutritious food.
Evidently, recent analysis of job prospects for Biology-related fields' students reveal that among life sciences, Plant Biology is emerging as one of the areas for career and research globally. And there are variety of specializations and disciplines within the field of Plant Biology that can lead to interesting career from pharmaceutics to food sciences.
So what are you waiting for? Just get out of your deterministic world of Newton and get into the weird quantum world of Heisenberg.
Besides, you might not be so lucky next year (but if you insist on taking another UTME, then good-luck to you), just improvise with what you have now to augment what is to come in the future. After all, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
i agree with you but you see unilorin is not a school that should determine ones faith like this. I merit the fucking course for crying out loud. Fine unilorin requires legging, the governor of kwara state signed my papers(bliv it or nt).. And here i am with PLB. Someone that didnt got up to my score was giving a medical course. Partaining the future about plant biologist...sir, this is nigeria where darwin's theory is very much in use..natural selection Survival of the fittest. Tell you what, if another university gives me PLB next year, i will gladly do it. Cos then i will know this is what fate has installed for me. What i need now is God intervention in my life. Thanks for taking time to even reply me sir.. Am very greatful sir.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Khan1993: i agree with you but you see unilorin is not a school that should determine ones faith like this. I merit the fucking course for crying out loud. Fine unilorin requires legging, the governor of kwara state signed my papers(bliv it or nt).. And here i am with PLB. Someone that didnt got up to my score was giving a medical course. Partaining the future about plant biologist...sir, this is nigeria where darwin's theory is very much in use..natural selection Survival of the fittest. Tell you what, if another university gives me PLB next year, i will gladly do it. Cos then i will know this is what fate has installed for me. What i need now is God intervention in my life. Thanks for taking time to even reply me sir.. Am very greatful sir.
I admire your resounding resolution but you've got to think beyond Nigeria as a nation.
Regarding your Darwinian view of Nigeria you can't be more correct. But you can't call a dog a bad name and hang it. Just be optimistic brother, the much dreamt about utopian Nigeria is looming.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Fahdehkemmy(f): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
plz I need u guyz to help me out.I applied for geology via DE had 58% ad distinction, but av nt been offered admission. I just want to Knw if any1 has been offered geology?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by illustrious(m): 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
In Need Of Accommodation? A self-contain apartment? A new apartment? Tiled Room, Kitchen & Toilet? With Water and Electricity? Do not search further. Just call this number 08139285933....cost is 60k including a year electricity bill... I bet u don't wanna miss this opportunity.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Iamshakur(m): 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
yinkarh187: hope u no be guru o
Lol... I guess you'll find out soon.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Deattorney: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
padie77: pls i jez saw it on jamb site i have been offered admission for 4 years course into unilorin...civil engineering but i did nt see it in the unilorin site.................pls i nid urgent reply
Same here
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Khan1993: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
EINSTEINPG: I admire your resounding resolution but you've got to think beyond Nigeria as a nation.
Regarding your Darwinian view of Nigeria you can't be more correct. But you can't call a dog a bad name and hang it. Just be optimistic brother, the much dreamt about utopian Nigeria is looming.
thanks bro for your concern.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ahmadjr(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Evening fellow bbfs, pls d questions below are directed to anyone who've stayed or is staying in d school's hostel.

-How many peeps in a room
-Are there personal spaces like wardrobes for example
-Are u guys fed?
-Do you cook in the hostel (are u allowed to)?
-Are the toilet facilities a force to be reckoned with
-If u had a choice would u still stay in d hostel
-Wat r d disadvantages and advantages of staying hostel

Kindly post a relevant comment ASAP.
Thanks.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EVarn(m): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
khassy:

Suprise!!!!!!! That sounds gay
Dude,I'm Beginning To Suspect U,lol...Just Passing By...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
ayawori: u no come talk since, na wen I enter Ilorin I go knw aw far, cuz their shakara too much for my dept.
Nah today them come meet me about the stuff
We go meet for School
Till then nah
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yusluv2014: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Eveninq my fellow unilorite.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by yinkarh187(m): 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
fherbeeshara:
fresher??
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
yungchop: werin I go do with am?? Na yungmilio2 sabi use am well jare
Guy you don go smoke ahbi
Better go modify the post now
M still a Vivian
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by yinkarh187(m): 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Iamshakur:
Lol... I guess you'll find out soon.
bros i dey fear o
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ahmadjr: Evening fellow bbfs, pls d questions below are directed to anyone who've stayed or is staying in d school's hostel.

-Are u guys fed?

Thanks.
yup i would also love to know.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by yinkarh187(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
pharmacy freshers here?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
EVarn: Dude,I'm Beginning To Suspect U,lol...Just Passing By...
dude you a microbiology aspirant right?? Let hook up abeg these are my digits

pls try to p.m me
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Torilo:

Khassy, Am I the one you are taunting this way? OK. If I may ask, what should I do with the pot?
For ur mind serious student
Them never clear you
You never pay school fees
you don dey ask of course outline
Lol
Take it easy o
Jeje
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by teewhysafe(f): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ahmadjr: Evening fellow bbfs, pls d questions below are directed to anyone who've stayed or is staying in d school's hostel.

-Are u guys fed?

Thanks.

Room size differs. there is room of 2, 4, 6 and 8. No,students aint fed. its not a boarding school. The toilet facilities depend on d set of human beings u are paired with. I stayed in d girls hostel n we decided to lock the toilet with a key and anybody who picks up the key is known so we knw who to attack if d toilet is messed up. Yeah,at least for the first year, the hostel is the best place to stay. Transport wahala (queues at the park) and also easy accessibility to classrooms to study.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by teewhysafe(f): 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yes, there are wardrobes too. and you are ofcourse allowed to cook. electrical appliances like boiling ring, electrical stove etc are frowned upon but still students use it a lot in cooking sha
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1boylikevhis(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
EINSTEINPG: I understand your burning desire for MEDICINE but you've got to weigh your options wisely.
True All,Matter of factly,i had dreams to become an astronaut myself,until i discovered how bad i was at Physics,i had to quit the sciences department for arts. Keep up with the encouraging Words Einstein! and God Bless
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
75k but nt close to the road. dats where I stayed for 3 years. Sanrab area

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.