Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,745 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918648 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Allem(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Thanks for the kind response, I haven't been topping brake oil. Good day sir
GAZZUZZ:

Check brake servo aka brake booster. Seems it is filled with brake oil.

Have you been topping brake oil recently?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thanks a million. It worked

GAZZUZZ:

realign the shift cable from the transmission side. It is off by a few centimetres.

From the picture the part labeled C
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hgold(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Good evening house, please how do I rectify a P0420 Toyota - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 error code.

I just replaced the coils, spark plugs, air filter, and serviced the injectors.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hgold:
Good evening house, please how do I rectify a P0420 Toyota - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 error code.

I just replaced the coils, spark plugs, air filter, and serviced the injectors.

Replace the catalytic converter upstream bank1
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hgold(m): 7:17am On Jul 12, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace the catalytic converter upstream bank1

Is there a way I can service it or clean it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
Hgold:

Is there a way I can service it or clean it

No, however for the catalytic converter you can get an O2 spacer instead, it is a cheaper alternative.

Available on jumia.

Check tutorials on YouTube so you can guide your panel beater on how to install.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by madgoat(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
aedeha:
Please my honda accord 2014 is not displaying oil life from the dashboard and i dont seems to see any option about oil life. Please kindly advice

Same thing i noticed on my Honda Accord 2010. The oil life suddenly vanished after a rewire scan it. He removed all the error codes without my permission. Now i cant see the oil life but 'Service' is showing.
Have u solved yours, how did u bring back the oil life?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nemadfsyahooc: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
Pls help.my 2006 Lexus RX 330 throw up code 0037 after scanning and the bank 1 sensor 2 has been changed twice yet the code refuse to go off and car hesitate sometimes when on high way. Pls what can I do. Several scan ran on it only brought up P0037. Engine light, vsc lights on. Pls what should I do.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by madgoat(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2020
Gazzuzz, good morning sir. Plz how many litres of transmission fluid does honda accord EX 2010 need.
My mechanic changed the transmission fluid and used 4litres but this morning i noticed transmission fluid dripping to the floor and the mechanic said a hose had burst. I am just wondering if he over filled it and the pressure was too much. Now he is saying i should buy another 3litres of transmission fluid to top it.
I also want to find out how i can book an appointment with you sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Observer007(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2020
P215/60R16 94V
Front 200 kPa (2.0 kgf/cm2 or bar, 29 psi)
Rear 200 kPa (2.0 kgf/cm2 or bar, 29 psi)

Car Gurus in the house,

Above info is from my ES300 owner's manual. Currently, my tyres are inflated up to about 40 psi. Most vulcanizers automatically target 40 psi, more if you aren't checking! Please this is a bit confusing as 29 psi seems really low compared to 40 psi.

Cc: Gazzuz, Nurey, Heavenlybang, others.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2020
Observer007:
P215/60R16 94V

Car Gurus in the house,

Above info is from my ES300 owner's manual. Currently, my tyres are inflated up to about 40 psi. Most vulcanizers automatically target 40 psi, more if you aren't checking! Please this is a bit confusing as 29 psi seems really low compared to 40 psi.

Buy a gauge and deflate them. 40 is too much.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Observer007(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Buy a gauge and deflate them. 40 is too much.

Thanks. So 29 then?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by benedictgold(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
Good afternoon everyone..
Please my 07 lexus es350 vibrates a bit when I'm on high speed( as from 80miles upward)
What can be the issue?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
madgoat:
Gazzuzz, good morning sir. Plz how many litres of transmission fluid does honda accord EX 2010 need.
My mechanic changed the transmission fluid and used 4litres but this morning i noticed transmission fluid dripping to the floor and the mechanic said a hose had burst. I am just wondering if he over filled it and the pressure was too much. Now he is saying i should buy another 3litres of transmission fluid to top it.
I also want to find out how i can book an appointment with you sir.

Transmission requires 3.8liters of oil (drain and refill)

With the fact that it leaked, it is very possible you will need more.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
Observer007:
P215/60R16 94V

Car Gurus in the house,

I will answer with a real life story.

A client came into the workshop with complains of suspension being to hard on rough roads. She paid a suspension diagnosis fee of ₦10,000.

We drove car in to workshop, checked all tyres, they were all above 58psi, we reduced them to 30psi. And drive it out again. Gave her the car to test drive and she had no complaints .

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
benedictgold:
Please my 07 lexus es350 vibrates a bit when I'm on high speed( as from 80miles upward)
What can be the issue?

Go for wheel balancing
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by madgoat(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Transmission requires 3.8liters of oil (drain and refill)

With the fact that it leaked, it is very possible you will need more.

Thanks so much. How can i book an appointment to come to your workshop?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by benedictgold(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Go for wheel balancing

Thanks..
I just change 4 tyres, did wheel balancing and alignment on Saturday but it still the same thing..

Someone is saying it is the cv axle but I'm sceptical
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
benedictgold:

Thanks..
I just change 4 tyres, did wheel balancing and alignment on Saturday but it still the same thing..

Someone is saying it is the cv axle but I'm sceptical

if the vibrations increase when you accelerate , then the inner side c.v axles are the most likely culprits.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Observer007(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

I will answer with a real life story.

A client came into the workshop with complains of suspension being to hard on rough roads. She paid a suspension diagnosis fee of ₦10,000.

We drove car in to workshop, checked all tyres, they were all above 58psi, we reduced them to 30psi. And drive it out again. Gave her the car to test drive and she had no complaints .

Wow! N10,000 for suspension diagnosis?!! shocked Just when I was beginning to toy with the idea of stopping by at your workshop for some assistance with the issues we earlier discussed. Wonder what scanning and actual workmanship charges would be like.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by knowhowk: 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
I travelled for 4 days ,Left my car ( Toyota Camry),My Junior brother drove it ,I told him the fuel is low ,He did not too the Fuel. When I came back I tried driving it ,It start and goes off ,The bonnet vibrates and it stops ,The kick stopped working it was changed ,The Kirk start working again ,But the issue remains ,The plugs were changed it remains same ,The mechanic suggests that we change the fuel Pump probably when my brother refuse to put fuel it might have affected the fuel pump .Please expert advise me what to do .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blissbliss: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
knowhowk:
I travelled for 4 days ,Left my car ( Toyota Camry),My Junior brother drove it ,I told him the fuel is low ,He did not too the Fuel. When I came back I tried driving it ,It start and goes off ,The bonnet vibrates and it stops ,The kick stopped working it was changed ,The Kirk start working again ,But the issue remains ,The plugs were changed it remains same ,The mechanic suggests that we change the fuel Pump probably when my brother refuse to put fuel it might have affected the fuel pump .Please expert advise me what to do .

I will lean towards the fuel pump.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dare01: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
benedictgold:
What can be the issue?

You can let them inspect your control arm
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
knowhowk:

Car has run out of fuel. Pour fuel in the tank

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
Observer007:

Wow! N10,000 for suspension diagnosis?!! shocked Just when I was beginning to toy with the idea of stopping by at your workshop for some assistance with the issues we earlier discussed. Wonder what scanning and actual workmanship charges would be like.

Soup wey sweet Ololopaa... If you willing to get your hands dirty you can learn the basic here... I personally use this but no harm in trying a pro too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOk0tkGEWmA

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:25am On Jul 14, 2020
Observer007:

With experience and excellence comes a price tag. How much were you expecting him to charge for such jobs?
Name a figure pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by laluski(m): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Car has run out of fuel. Pour fuel in the tank
grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Observer007(m): 7:04am On Jul 15, 2020
kingreign:

With experience and excellence comes a price tag. How much were you expecting him to charge for such jobs?
Name a figure pls.

I've been clearly outnumbered. smiley Cross the bridge when I get there.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cybertron88: 8:35am On Jul 16, 2020
How do I rectify issue with my EOD 2004. In the morning or when d weather is cold, the car doesn't rev beyond 2000rpm. But after driving for few mins and I switch off and restarts d car it starts normally and rev well. During d day or when the temperature is Normal I don't experience this. My mechanic said it's the cold start censor that is failing have changed it but issue still persists. He has advised I change the plugs. Please what can be done so I don't end up spending money of plugs that won't resolve d issue.
Cc Gazzuzz and other gurus in d house.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:25am On Jul 16, 2020
cybertron88:
How do I rectify issue with my EOD 2004. In the morning or when d weather is cold, the car doesn't rev beyond 2000rpm. But after driving for few mins and I switch off and restarts d car it starts normally and rev well. During d day or when the temperature is Normal I don't experience this. My mechanic said it's the cold start censor that is failing have changed it but issue still persists. He has advised I change the plugs. Please what can be done so I don't end up spending money of plugs that won't resolve d issue.
Cc Gazzuzz and other gurus in d house.

SCAN THE VEHICLE.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Carfreak966: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
My Eod 04 vibrates when I am speeding. Please what is the cause of it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
kingreign:

The middle picture on the tyre info was from manufacturer, the third picture bearing sticker for new 20" tyre and it's recommended tyre size and cold air inflation recommendations.
Baba how far.
My car (010 camry) started consuming fuel more than usual.
Scanned and got three code for....

* mass airflow sensor
*faulty ignition coil
*knock sensor
I don watch utube video come on how to detect bad mass airflow sensor, they said if the car is idling u should pull out the sensor if the car offs then your sensor is working.
Amazingly i tried it and my car shut off.
Does it mean the sensor is still good?
Although my mechanic is disputing this.
Shld i go ahead and change all these??

Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.