Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914181 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zane2point4:

Baba how far.
My car (010 camry) started consuming fuel more than usual.
Scanned and got three code for....

* mass airflow sensor
*faulty ignition coil
*knock sensor
I don watch utube video come on how to detect bad mass airflow sensor, they said if the car is idling u should pull out the sensor if the car offs then your sensor is working.
Amazingly i tried it and my car shut off.
Does it mean the sensor is still good?
Although my mechanic is disputing this.
Shld i go ahead and change all these??

Thanks in advance.

chat or call me up tomorrow 07034581213
For now, I dey sleep.

No mind me, Na my spirit respond this message o.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
kingreign:

chat or call me up tomorrow 07034581213
For now, I dey sleep.

No mind me, Na my spirit respond this message o.

Lol ok

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zane2point4:

Baba how far.
My car (010 camry) started consuming fuel more than usual.
Scanned and got three code for....

* mass airflow sensor
*faulty ignition coil
*knock sensor
I don watch utube video come on how to detect bad mass airflow sensor, they said if the car is idling u should pull out the sensor if the car offs then your sensor is working.
Amazingly i tried it and my car shut off.
Does it mean the sensor is still good?
Although my mechanic is disputing this.
Shld i go ahead and change all these??

Thanks in advance.
That is a crude way to check MAF function. Some will turn off and some won't.

I'd say run a live scan and component scan on all parameters and sensors giving off those issues let's see what really is happening.

Chat me up so I can easily assist you remotely or physically.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 11:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
kingreign:

That is a crude way to check MAF function. Some will turn off and some won't.

I'd say run a live scan and component scan on all parameters and sensors giving off those issues let's see what really is happening.

Chat me up so I can easily assist you remotely or physically.

Ok, i guess he did, but i didnt take note.
Thanks I'll do that soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zane2point4:

Ok, i guess he did, but i didnt take note.
Thanks I'll do that soon.

Take pictures of the values or short videos or the values and send to me when you do it. I'd advice accordingly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
What is making my Honda pilot 2003 blink the "Drive" light on the dashboard while I'm driving mostly while traveling

If I use it in city most it doesn't blink
But once it's good express like travelling ND I keep going for long then it starts blinking that D light on the dash board

It do reset if I off it at checkpoints for some minutes ND drive again but comes up after moving for some few miles again?

What could be the cause
The Engine and Gear was changed last year around this time
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Pls o.. urgent advice

Is it possible to use honda civic manual engine 2007 in an automatic of the same year

Pls help o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
olaboyeh:
Pls o.. urgent advice

Is it possible to use honda civic manual engine 2007 in an automatic of the same year

Pls help o

Yes bt u will change ECU, gear shift, instruments cluster etc
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sheantip(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
olaboyeh:
Pls o.. urgent advice

Pls help o
yes. engine is engine. the same engine in an auto car is the same in manual
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
DelTel:

Because you give guarantee so he changed your name to that grin

My bad .. I really need help guys.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
DelTel:

Because you give guarantee so he changed your name to that grin

I recently changed my car seat leather, cream color and i notice it gets dirty like really really fast, collects jeans colors on it easily. It’s frustrating.

I need help, what can be done to salvage this
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

Sorry but you have to redo the upholstery again but this time, insist on very good quality leather or high quality vinyl.
Alternatively, you could install a seat cover.

I tried to use car seat covers, it made the interior too full. I like simple. Which is better for good result; leather or vinyl?
Do you have contact for someone that can do a great job.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 18, 2020
Good morning guys pls help my toyota matrix xr 2003 drinks fuel wella. A friend recently told me to check d thermostat and dt stuff Inside the exhaust pot. ( catalyst)
Truth is my car steams very well in d morning. And I just noticed my car doesn't have a thermostat...
Can that be d problem of the bad fuel consumption
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2020
sheantip:

yes. engine is engine. the same engine in an auto car is the same in manual

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2020
Slickleo:

Yes bt u will change ECU, gear shift, instruments cluster etc

Instrument cluster ke
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
veecent:
Good morning guys pls help my toyota matrix xr 2003 drinks fuel wella. A friend recently told me to check d thermostat and dt stuff Inside the exhaust pot. ( catalyst)
Truth is my car steams very well in d morning. And I just noticed my car doesn't have a thermostat...
Can that be d problem of the bad fuel consumption

I think the catalyst converter sud be one of the culprit causing that and u sud plan on installing it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Pros in the house please what part of the suspension can make a vehicle to kinda be dragging sideways on rough roads during speed

Honda pilot

Wheel alignment and balancing have been done
One Busshion that was bad on the driver side has been changed and I the ball joint sud be fine also

So please what other part can be responsible for that imbalance on highway especially when the highway isn't the smooth one

Cc
Gazzuzz

Nurey
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Good evening ogas,
Please I recently did a gear oil change on my Corolla 08 2zr engine and I realised that my gear does hard shift from 1-2 up till 4.
But after a long Drive say about 1hour it stabilises herself.

Once it parked down again for a long time it goes through the process above.
Initially I though it was my engine seat..
meet my mechanic and he said they are all firm..(coupled with the fact that after a long drive the hard shift ceases.) Please what could be wrong?
kindly assist

Cc:
Gazzuz.
Nurey
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
9twalker:

I tried to use car seat covers, it made the interior too full. I like simple. Which is better for good result; leather or vinyl?
Do you have contact for someone that can do a great job.

I have someone who redo my customer's seats, he's expensive but he knows his onions.
He's based in Abuja. If you need his contact do indicate pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
KINGreignn:

I have someone who redo my customer's seats, he's expensive but he knows his onions.
He's based in Abuja. If you need his contact do indicate pls.
Thank you, I appreciate. Yes I need his contact .. how expensive, can you give price range
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
eRex:
Good evening ogas,
Please I recently did a gear oil change on my Corolla 08 2zr engine and I realised that my gear does hard shift from 1-2 up till 4.
But after a long Drive say about 1hour it stabilises herself.

Once it parked down again for a long time it goes through the process above.
Initially I though it was my engine seat..
meet my mechanic and he said they are all firm..(coupled with the fact that after a long drive the hard shift ceases.) Please what could be wrong?
kindly assist

Cc:
Gazzuz.
Nurey

Did you use the recommended oil and rightly gauged? When was the last time the gear oil was changed? Lastly have the car scanned.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:

I think the catalyst converter sud be one of the culprit causing that and u sud plan on installing it
Btw is ur car i4 or v6 ?

Matrix na 4 plugs na
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Who sells quality car seat covers and in Lagos please
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
DukeNija:

Did you use the recommended oil and rightly gauged? When was the last time the gear oil was changed? Lastly have the car scanned.

I used a t4 transmission fluid
just did another check... It looks like it's way above the hot marker.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 1:19am On Jul 20, 2020
eRex:

Take it back to your mechanic to drain the excess. Be careful so you don’t go below the mark.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mgdimagaladima(m): 7:36am On Jul 20, 2020
Mrford:

Where is your location?
Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2020
9twalker:

Thank you, I appreciate. Yes I need his contact .. how expensive, can you give price range

Chat me up so I direct you to him. I am not on his mind so u can't give you a price range

My phone number Is 07034581213
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2020
DukeNija:

Take it back to your mechanic to drain the excess. Be careful so you don’t go below the mark.

Did... He claims the fluid was not in excess but the slant position I parked when guaging.

I scanned and got a P2770 code.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 10:14am On Jul 20, 2020
eRex:

When the engine is cold it's alwys above the hot Mark, let the vehicle run for 5-10 mins. Then u can check the fluid level.
"cold level" indicates the transmission oil level when the engine runs for 5-10 mins. U don't need to worry about the "hot mark" if uve verified the "cold Mark" is properly guaged.
And i think the required transmission fliud is WS and not "T whatever". I'm not certain though cos I'm not an auto expert; but if it's the wrong fluid uve got there, drain ASAP and use the right stuff.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Btw is ur car i4 or v6 ?

It's i4. Planning to get it but it's very expensive
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2020
double3:

When the engine is cold it's alwys above the hot Mark, let the vehicle run for 5-10 mins. Then u can check the fluid level.
"cold level" indicates the transmission oil level when the engine runs for 5-10 mins. U don't need to worry about the "hot mark" if uve verified the "cold Mark" is properly guaged.
And i think the required transmission fliud is WS and not "T whatever". I'm not certain though cos I'm not an auto expert; but if it's the wrong fluid uve got there, drain ASAP and use the right stuff.

Thanks alot.. oil guaged.... .

Let me break explain from the onset.

I had a failed gear pump(pump stop working all of a sudden in d morning). Although, I initially wanted to replace the gear. Went to Ladipo, guys gave me a wrong gear(05 Corolla gear) requiring t4 oil which I bought (8 litres).
I eventually return the gear and bought a gear pump. Installed and for lack of sufficient fund used the t4 oil on the old gear.

Current issue: early morning... Gear shift very hard(even reverse). But after some 30- 40mins drive ... It shift very smoothly.
Initially thought it was the engine seat but they are all firm. Mechanic says its because the pump is new.
This is the third day and it still doing hard shifting if I drive early in the morning or I park for a long time.

Scanned error code is p2770
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ochima75(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
afobam:
Please how can I put this off? I fear it damaging the battery.

Is it like that even when you remove car key?

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.