Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914648 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaleokey: 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
radautoworks:

Let me add to that. Check it, if it's not black, don't.

I couldn't ascertain the colour moreover what is the original colour suppose to be?
Although i took some shots
Kazeem said its suppose to have a burnt kinda smell which i didnt perceive anyways

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaleokey: 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Do not wait till your transmission oil gets dark before drain and refill. It's safer to drain and refill when it is borderline than when it goes black/dark.

If you don't have the records, drain your oil and refill with Toyota W.S .

Honestly i don't have the records
What is the recommended intervals to carry out this change?
Monthly, yearly or by km covered?

Regarding the black colour
I couldn'tascertain but i took some pics and also kazeem suggested if i finally decides to change it.. that he would equally loose the oil filter for the gear, wash n rinse with fuel...then refill with the new gear oil.. Please is this recommended too?
Many thanks...
He dey vex say, i dey ask google everything ni

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bigrovar(m): 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Remote diagnosis not available. Make a YouTube video with the bonnet open.

P.s I have a feeling you now have a manual compressor

Thanks a lot boss, Here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVMB-cfmOrI

Things I noticed when I popped the hood that I had not noticed before
The Rattling noise comes up when the car is at a stop after a long (say 30 minute drive) It seems to be coming from the Radiator and triggered when the radiator fan goes into High RPM. It comes and goes and stops when the Radiator fan is in low RPM.

When the Radiator fan is on high rpm the frontal side of the car vibrates against the body and it cause the rattling noise.. at least from what I have observed.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Presegs(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Buy a good brand of 20w50 and use, drain oil every 3000miles.

And yes I said 20w50.

Same 20w 50 you were fighting some people here for when they were using it is what you are recommending? shocked grin

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
oluwaleokey:

I couldn't ascertain the colour moreover what is the original colour suppose to be?
Kazeem said its suppose to have a burnt kinda smell which i didnt perceive anyways

Okay, it's due for a change from the last picture. Make sure to use the right fluid. I posted an online tool in some places to help you figure out the right fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
makjo900:
@radautoworks what fuel treatments do you have and how much is it?
so many, my favorite are Lucas, Glen's are gumout and we both like marvel mystery oil. Check my thread. I posted a username and login for you to check inventory and pricing.

EDIT: https://www.nairaland.com/5429767/where-rad-auto-works-parts/14#92790045
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
I serviced my engine with Total quartz 5 or so around 7th July last month please when sud I do another service ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
oluwaleokey:

https://www.nairaland.com/4816308/fluid-specs-q-thread/13#92884892
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello peeps,
Pls I need a good panel beater to help me fix permanently the exhaust of y Toyota Corolla 04
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
Presegs:

Same 20w 50 you were fighting some people here for when they were using it is what you are recommending? shocked grin

Sometimes you talk without thinking. Was your engine defective before you poured 20w50 inside?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
oluwaleokey:

Honestly i don't have the records
What is the recommended intervals to carry out this change?
Monthly, yearly or by km covered?

Regarding the black colour
I couldn'tascertain but i took some pics and also kazeem suggested if i finally decides to change it.. that he would equally loose the oil filter for the gear, wash n rinse with fuel...then refill with the new gear oil.. Please is this recommended too?
Many thanks...
He dey vex say, i dey ask google everything ni

Your car is calibrated in miles, replace it every 30,000 miles. (I am not going by the factory manual)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
bigrovar:

Thanks a lot boss, Here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVMB-cfmOrI

Things I noticed when I popped the hood that I had not noticed before
The Rattling noise comes up when the car is at a stop after a long (say 30 minute drive) It seems to be coming from the Radiator and triggered when the radiator fan goes into High RPM. It comes and goes and stops when the Radiator fan is in low RPM.

When the Radiator fan is on high rpm the frontal side of the car vibrates against the body and it cause the rattling noise.. at least from what I have observed.

Impressive to see your compressor is still factory. Now to the koko of the matter.

Replace your fan (inspect the holder), it's about to fall apart.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Presegs(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Sometimes you talk without thinking. Was your engine defective before you poured 20w50 inside?

grin

Question for question.

Uche, calm down and relax yourself.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
oluwaleokey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrdVpzD1fqs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaleokey: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
radautoworks:

Okay, it's due for a change from the last picture. Make sure to use the right fluid. I posted an online tool in some places to help you figure out the right fluid.

Thanks boss
This was helpful

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaleokey: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Your car is calibrated in miles, replace it every 30,000 miles. (I am not going by the factory manual)

Oga boss
I appreciate sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bigrovar(m): 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Impressive to see your compressor is still factory. Now to the koko of the matter.

Replace your fan (inspect the holder), it's about to fall apart.

Thanks gazzuzz you are spot on. Decided to inspect the fan and I noticed a screw lodged in one of the blades. I don't know how it got there, it wasn't there to wedge just seem totally random.. The screw was wedged to the edge of one of the fan blade and I had to remove it. After removing it I drove around for some time and idled but the noise did not come back. Even when the fan kicked into high rev (something that usuallytrigher the rattling) it was all quiet. I am still observing sha. Thanks for the pointer.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Please help my Honda Civic is not idling, it increases acceleration on its own without my input, please help breaking finds it dificult to catch due to high rev
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pls help...i need a very good key programmer please..they said my car entered code... it's blinking key light and refuses to start or goes off immediately it starts....

Honda civic 2007
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
olaboyeh:
Pls help...i need a very good key programmer please..they said my car entered code... it's blinking key light and refuses to start or goes off immediately it starts....

Honda civic 2007

more than one thing can cause this issue . Kindly look into scanning vehicle first with a high end scanner.

Contact dicsonadams, he's into scanning and programming of this vehicle .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
nonhuman:
Please help my Honda Civic is not idling, it increases acceleration on its own without my input, please help breaking finds it dificult to catch due to high rev

Another civic lipsrsealed

This matter get as e be. But with this explanation I suspect an intake leak.

You might have a hissing sound when your engine is running, try to confirm this, search for the leak fix it and I am 99per certain problem will be solved .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
bigrovar:
Hi guys. My 2014 toyota corolla makes some rattling noise after I have driven the car for some time and I am in traffic. The noise is particularly much when the AC is on and goes off when I turn off the AC (for some time) but the rattling noise comes up even when AC is off. It seems to only happen when the car has been driven for about an 1 or 2 and usually when in traffic or when the car is idling.

It doesn't show any other symptoms, drives well accelerates well, gear selection is fine and no issues with over heating. The noise can be loud and annoying though.
It usually goes away once I start driving and or after a couple of minutes it kinda goes and comes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
Presegs:

You and mumu talk be like five and six. Two years after you debuted with your rubbish, you still dey as you dey. Try get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
nonhuman:
E be like say this your car dey give you issue, scan the car for codes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Presegs(m): 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You and mumu talk be like five and six. Two years after you debuted with your rubbish, you still dey as you dey. Try get sense.

Ma fi lo mi n da si grin.

Always learn to mind your business because gazzuzz I was even remembering what he said back then about using 50w 20 has given up.

You can continue blabbing as usual while I keep watching and laughing at you without wasting my time responding to you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2020

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Another civic lipsrsealed

This matter get as e be. But with this explanation I suspect an intake leak.

You might have a hissing sound when your engine is running, try to confirm this, search for the leak fix it and I am 99per certain problem will be solved .

there is no hissing sound, for the intake leak where will I search for it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
nonhuman:
car was scanned and the only result was knock sensor malfunction as shown on the obd machine

Timing sequence will be distorted if the knock sensor is not present. For that model the knock sensor seldom goes bad, so check it's connections and do what needs to be done
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 8:30am On Aug 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

more than one thing can cause this issue . Kindly look into scanning vehicle first with a high end scanner.

Contact dicsonadams, he's into scanning and programming of this vehicle .

Dicksonadams said his scanner is a basic one o...

Pls who can help o.. it's really frustrating...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sholarb(m): 10:46am On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:
dm me banking please

DM initiated...i guess you have to confirm/accept before I can send private messages...long thing. See...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
olaboyeh:

Dicksonadams said his scanner is a basic one o...

Pls who can help o.. it's really frustrating...

Look for autologic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mrsdaniel: 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello all,pls does sienna 2009 limited AWD have an Overdrive feature ? If yes ,how does it work ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.