Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919400 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by replete(m): 7:37am On Aug 30, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

start the car, take out the return flow pipe going to the reservoir, pour fresh fluid till it turns clear then plug back.
Thanks a lot sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

The code has nothing to do with the current issue.

You will need to diagnose for fuel pressure in rail pulse at injector, sparks at soarkplugs all at the right sequence .

Thanks boss, can i book an appointment with you ? I dont want any how mechanic to come touch it, or can you suggest a good mechanic:? I reside at Ajah
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2020
patomaniac:

Thanks boss, can i book an appointment with you ? I dont want any how mechanic to come touch it, or can you suggest a good mechanic:? I reside at Ajah

Ajah? Then you are closer to radautoworks,

Personally what I do with car repairs is Google the hell out of the issue, YouTube the hell out of it too... And either take my time to do it myself to my full heart content or get good parts and work with a good kazeem (supervising keenly) to fix, not igboro in airtel advert style oh grin, our interactions are usually in a conversation style and in the end we both benefit each other some way (not just the money I will be paying for labour oh)

Depending on the scale or urgency of the fix needed, I just love being immersely involve in car problem resolution if possible, it reminds of my university days as a Mathematics undergraduate major, each problem or repairs help u understand the logic of how car works {the math} , the knowledge gained can be a source of joy and takes your mind off other things. I remember my first personal repair, the feeling and smell of oil grease in my hands, the way my heart was pounding as I loose the bolt with my shaky hands (and a voice telling me in the back of my mind say who send you, your eye go soon clear) grin... Chai, it is all joy now. Nice memory

Some big shop want allow you be a part of this, you probably sit at the lobby or na go come things. I have save myself and friends lot of repairs money this way

Either ways you are good.

8 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2020
dicksonadams:

Ajah? Then you are closer to radautoworks,

Personally what I do with car repairs is Google the hell out of the issue, YouTube the hell out of it too... And either take my time to do it myself to my full heart content or get good parts and work with a good kazeem (supervising keenly) to fix, not igboro in airtel advert style oh grin, our interactions are usually in a conversation style and in the end we both benefit each other some way (not just the money I will be paying for labour oh)

Depending on the scale or urgency of the fix needed, I just love being immersely involve in car problem resolution if possible, it reminds of my university days as a Mathematics undergraduate major, each problem or repairs help u understand the logic of how car works {the math} , the knowledge gained can be a source of joy and takes your mind off other things.

Some big shop want allow you be a part of this, you probably sit at the lobby or na go come things. I have save myself and friends lot of repairs money this way

Either ways you are good.

Thats true, and a nice one at that, but i dont want to start playing around with things i know nothing about before i make it worse, and it's very urgent i fix the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 9:40am On Aug 30, 2020
patomaniac:

Thats true, and a nice one at that, but i dont want to start playing around with things i know nothing about before i make it worse, and it's very urgent i fix the car

Look for radautoworks here, she has a pro shop close to Ajah

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Belexy(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
Is there any good reputable auto repair shop around ikotun, igando, egbeda or environs that can do diagnosis and repairs? I dont mean roadside kazeems oh.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
Belexy:
Is there any good reputable auto repair shop around ikotun, igando, egbeda or environs that can do diagnosis and repairs? I dont mean roadside kazeems oh.

Gazzuzz, autologic look for these guys
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lush100(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ok sir. Will look for d Mobil one at their gas station.
Thanks

GAZZUZZ:

Power steering fluid for your vehicle is dextronIII, any good brand will suffice (mobil, total, Oando etc)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

wrong engine installed. (I stand corrected) take a clear pic of engine bay
GAZZUZZ here it is. Assuming it is a wrong engine installed, what is the way forward? If it isn't, how can it be solved?

As an aside, is it safe to do an engine wash? I don't like how the engine is dirty but I fear if I wash the engine, there may be issues

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2020
nymphomaniac:
GAZZUZZ here it is. Assuming it is a wrong engine installed, what is the way forward? If it isn't, how can it be solved?

As an aside, is it safe to do an engine wash? I don't like how the engine is dirty but I fear if I wash the engine, there may be issues

nymphomaniac:
Please, how do I solve POO75 code brought up after a scan. Car is a Hyundai Accent 2008 manual transmission.

P0075 Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit B1

You have the right engine installed , but the sensor circled in the pic is not connected.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
isinite4me:

Yes, just came back from visiting him in his workshop. Man checked my car and identify both my catalyst and camshaft sensor require replacement asap. The most pressing one is that catalyst and is very expensive. Need to start budgeting now.

If anyone here know where I can get a good catalyst with best price. Pls kindly let me know. Again I stay in Abj.

Thanks for everyone who recommended him for me.

What is pressing about the catalyst? What car is it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

You have the right engine installed , but the sensor circled in the pic is not connected.
thank you sir for your help. I’ll get this sorted
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ekakamba: 7:27am On Aug 31, 2020
Good morning Car Gurus, I noticed that my fuel air vent drips fuel at times. This mostly happens anytime I drive my car and park it. I noticed this on Tuesday last week. What could be wrong?

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On Aug 31, 2020
Ekakamba:
Good morning Car Gurus, I noticed that my fuel air vent drips fuel at times. This mostly happens anytime I drive my car and park it. I noticed this on Tuesday last week. What could be wrong?

Thank you.

Where can this be found on what vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ekakamba: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Where can this be found on what vehicle?

It is at the rear wheel arch area (left side).

Don't really know if I said the right name.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 9:41am On Aug 31, 2020
Ekakamba:

It is at the rear wheel arch area (left side).

Don't really know if I said the right name.
Oga state your vehicle make, model and year
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ekakamba: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2020
olumzzz:

Oga state your vehicle make, model and year

Honda Civic 2006

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Joebas: 11:43am On Aug 31, 2020
Good day auto gurus
How much is the thermostat for 2000 toyota avalon. Thermostat was removed and fans connected directly and i plan on returning it to factory settings.i was told the thermostat is 15k. I want to be sure
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sholarb(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
sholarb:
Hello madam, your shop is yet to honor a refund of N5,422 since past 2weeks (11th August). I called last week Mon (17th August), your guy told me I might have to come pick cash instead of agreed funds transfer, however, no cash in shop yet. Kindly step in, the shop has my account details. FYI...Glen approved the refund...Invoice num is 2592. Thanks nd stay safe!

radautoworks:
dm me banking please

sholarb:
DM initiated...i guess you have to confirm/accept before I can send private messages...long thing. See...

@radautoworks, this is still pending. I guess i might have to followup/visit the shop at my leisure time angry sad

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2020
Ekakamba:

Honda Civic 2006
I meant that for your reply to gazzuzz.
You can modify your post to include your vehicle make, model and year
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by missybol: 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hello House, I bought a tokunbo Honda CRV 2005 in december 2019, it has been serviced twice and currently due for service. I didnt get the recommended oil from the Mobil filling station on the two occassions so I bought the Mobil 1 5W30. Do I continue with this or can I still change to the 5W20 as required. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
missybol:
Hello House, I bought a tokunbo Honda CRV 2005 in december 2019, it has been serviced twice and currently due for service. I didnt get the recommended oil from the Mobil filling station on the two occassions so I bought the Mobil 1 5W30. Do I continue with this or can I still change to the 5W20 as required. Thank you.

You can go back to 5w20
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2020
sholarb:

@radautoworks, this is still pending. I guess i might have to followup/visit the shop at my leisure time angry sad

I've been waiting for your response! I responded to DM request. I'll send one now again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sholarb(m): 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
radautoworks:

I've been waiting for your response! I responded to DM request. I'll send one now again.

Oh okay. Got your DM request...I already replied.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fedrams: 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
Jtdbr32e160077848 help me at this vin no pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
missybol:

personally I will stick with 5w30 not minding what the manufacturer says.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2020
Fedrams:
Jtdbr32e160077848 help me at this vin no pls

https://www.nairaland.com/6088905/vin-check

Contact carguide
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
Joebas:
Good day auto gurus
How much is the thermostat for 2000 toyota avalon. Thermostat was removed and fans connected directly and i plan on returning it to factory settings .i was told the thermostat is 15k. I want to be sure

It's not just about installing thermostat back, ensure the system can hold the envisaged pressure build up when you do that if not, you wi have an undriveable car.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Expires September 2020

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by isinite4me: 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2020
He said the catalyst require replacement for smooth sound, healthy engine and low fuel consumption. Camry 2005.

The fuel consumption is not a big deal for me, cause I drove 4cyl before and my current fuel consumption with the v6 is almost the same, I can't even tell the diff.

thebigkendo:

What is pressing about the catalyst? What car is it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
isinite4me:
He said the catalyst require replacement for smooth sound, healthy engine and low fuel consumption. Camry 2005.

The fuel consumption is not a big deal for me, cause I drove 4cyl before and my current fuel consumption with the v6 is almost the same, I can't even tell the diff.

I use to be like you when I bought my car newly... Spending money on problems which do not affect performance grin grin grin grin grin grin

Am sure Gazzuzzlogistic can arrange both catalyst for you grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.