Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (921557 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
olaboyeh:

Dicksonadams said his scanner is a basic one o...

Pls who can help o.. it's really frustrating...

Take it to our shop undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:

Take it to our shop undecided

Car that is not starting...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
dicksonadams:

Look for autologic

Thanks boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
olaboyeh:

sorry, skimmed and didn't notice that part. My apologies.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
olaboyeh:

You can tow it there cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
This is actually the third time I am changing my valve cover in my camry 2008 v4... Yet still leaking oil... Please help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Activity77:
This is actually the third time I am changing my valve cover in my camry 2008 v4... Yet still leaking oil... Please help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
Activity77:
where are you getting the part you are using?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
Activity77:

The major challenge in naija is getting the right quality parts,

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Activity77:

Has nothing to do with the parts you are using (fake or original it's just rubber)

The original will get brittle and settle much slower than the fake/substandard .

The issue you having is procedure used in installing part. The preparation of mating surfaces etc.

Change mechanics.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
dicksonadams:

It is not a challenge, it is a choice. Have you imported a brand new clockspring from the USA? No why? It's a choice....

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

It is not a challenge, it is a choice. Have you imported a brand new clockspring from the USA? No why? It's a choice....

True
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:

In Enugu.. That's where I reside... Is their anyway you can be of help.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Has nothing to do with the parts you are using (fake or original it's just rubber)

The original will get brittle and settle much slower than the fake/substandard .

The issue you having is procedure used in installing part. The preparation of mating surfaces etc.

Change mechanics.

Thanks alot brother... I will change but the issue is how would I differentiate between kazeem and real auto repairers. I stay in Enugu, if you can refer me to one in Enugu I would be grateful.. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
dicksonadams:

Seriously brother and I am tired of all these.. I wish I can get a permanent solution to it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Timing sequence will be distorted if the knock sensor is not present. For that model the knock sensor seldom goes bad, so check it's connections and do what needs to be done
this morning I had to gauge the oil and find out the oil didn't gauge complete so top up, and since morning I have not experienced the problems including the overheating car now idles at 900rpm
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
nonhuman:
this morning I had to gauge the oil and find out the oil didn't gauge complete so top up, and since morning I have not experienced the problems including the overheating car now idles at 900rpm

Has nothing to do with oil level. You have an intermittent problem that cannot be wished away . But happy for you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
Activity77:

In Enugu.. That's where I reside... Is their anyway you can be of help.

I'll step back since you are getting conflicting advice and I don't want you confused.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

more than one thing can cause this issue . Kindly look into scanning vehicle first with a high end scanner.

Contact dicsonadams, he's into scanning and programming of this vehicle .

Thank you.. eventually sorted it out with Automotech

He reprogrammed it and it's back.. meanwhile scanning showed the following..pls o who can help

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:16am On Aug 28, 2020
olaboyeh:

Thank you.. eventually sorted it out with Automotech

He reprogrammed it and it's back.. meanwhile scanning showed the following.. pls o who can help

Automotech

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AutoMoTech(m): 7:01am On Aug 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Automotech

Present sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Present sir

They are looking for you upstairs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboyeh(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Automotech

Oya Automotech o.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2020
radautoworks:

I'll step back since you are getting conflicting advice and I don't want you confused.

Please don't... I know the stress I've passed through because of this... Please help me out
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
Activity77:

I had a rethink to your issue and made this video specially for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmEKTHtLVDw

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
So my car Nissan Altima 2009 overheated and my gasket got burnt. Long story short, my engine is damaged. I’m not ready to buy a ‘new’ washed up engine. I need an engine rebuild. @gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
DukeNija:
So my car Nissan Altima 2009 overheated and my gasket got burnt. Long story short, my engine is damaged. I’m not ready to buy a ‘new’ washed up engine. I need an engine rebuild. @gazzuzz

Replace engine. There are engines better than what came with your vehicle when it was imported into the country, sitting in ladipo market.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine. There are engines better than what came with your vehicle when it was imported into the country, sitting in ladipo market.

Okay great coming from you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
Activity77:

I should have been clearer. Back to what I was asking, I meant is it original or something else (if you don't know, how much did you pay for the part) and was it only the valve cover changed at the time?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by midetinz(m): 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nissan Pathfinder 2002 idles roughly at first start in the morning.
Starting has to be done like 3 separate times of "start and quench" before engine revs itself o be normal for the rest of the day. What could be wrong sirs?
Cc:GAZZUZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
radautoworks:

Enugu...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
radautoworks:

I should have been clearer. Back to what I was asking, I meant is it original or something else (if you don't know, how much did you pay for the part) and was it only the valve cover changed at the time?

I bought the valve 3500 here in enugu with the gum around 800...yes it was only the valve cover I changed nothing else

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.