Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (921574 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Activity77(m): 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

I had a rethink to your issue and made this video specially for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmEKTHtLVDw

Thanks you GAZZUZZ... I will do as you said

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Activity77:

I bought the valve 3500 here in enugu with the gum around 800...yes it was only the valve cover I changed nothing else

I believe the problem is the parts, more specifically the gum. The other suggestion of pcv valve is less likely from what you are describing but possible. If you think your mechanic is competent, I'll send you a new valve cover gasket and sealant. If it solves the problem then you can pay for them. If it doesn't we go from there. If it's easier, check the valve and then let me know if you still need to try the gasket and sealant.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:42am On Aug 29, 2020
midetinz:
Nissan Pathfinder 2002 idles roughly at first start in the morning.
Starting has to be done like 3 separate times of "start and quench" before engine revs itself o be normal for the rest of the day. What could be wrong sirs?
Cc:GAZZUZ

Check fuel pressure
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by infolekan(m): 1:12am On Aug 29, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Check fuel pressure

Good evening. Use a 2008 Honda Accord V6 coupe which I recently had the engine and gear changed.
Gear switches perfectly but noticed the engines idles roughly in the morning for about 4 minutes after which it starts working well once I switch it off and on again. Car has been acting like this for about a week and works well during the day with occasional loss of power. It was scanned and the code given was P3400 and P3497 and also P0443 occasionally.
The engine oil has been changed and the oil pressure sensor has also been changed but car still idles roughly every morning which the old engine never does.
I will appreciate any help from the house please...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:07am On Aug 29, 2020
infolekan:

Good evening. Use a 2008 Honda Accord V6 coupe which I recently had the engine and gear changed.
Gear switches perfectly but noticed the engines idles roughly in the morning for about 4 minutes after which it starts working well once I switch it off and on again. Car has been acting like this for about a week and works well during the day with occasional loss of power. It was scanned and the code given was P3400 and P3497 and also P0443 occasionally.
The engine oil has been changed and the oil pressure sensor has also been changed but car still idles roughly every morning which the old engine never does.

VCM issues. Hope you bought an exact replica of what you removed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by isinite4me: 8:08am On Aug 29, 2020
olaboyeh:

Thank you.. eventually sorted it out with Automotech

He reprogrammed it and it's back.. meanwhile scanning showed the following..pls o who can help

Good morning everyone,

Please who can recommend a good mechanic shop with the type of scanning device seen here. I want to completely scan my vehicle. I reside in Abuja. I will be waiting for you guys kind recommendations. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2020
isinite4me:

Good morning everyone,

Please who can recommend a good mechanic shop with the type of scanning device seen here. I want to completely scan my vehicle. I reside in Abuja. I will be waiting for you guys kind recommendations. Thanks

Cc kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sholarb(m): 9:30am On Aug 29, 2020
infolekan:

P3400, P3497 - VCM/Oil pressure sensor - Rear and Front respectively, change both. Meanwhile, ensure your engine oil is not short and right viscosity.

See pic of the parts to replace.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by infolekan(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

not the same replica of the engine cos I saw a socket that had nothing to go inside of it on the new engine. Is there any other way around it or what?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by infolekan(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2020
sholarb:

P3400, P3497 - VCM/Oil pressure sensor - Rear and Front respectively, change both. Meanwhile, ensure your engine oil is not short and right viscosity.

See pic of the parts to replace.

Thanks much but they've already replaced the two and I changed the oil too Don't know what else to do
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sholarb(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2020
infolekan:

Thanks much but they've already replaced the two and I changed the oil too Don't know what else to do

Okay. I once had P3497 and that was what I changed and also cleaned the rocker arm pressure switches. Your engine not being exact replica is a concern.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AutoMoTech(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
isinite4me:

Good morning everyone,

Contact Kingreign... You are in good hands
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by isinite4me: 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Contact Kingreign... You are in good hands

Yes, just came back from visiting him in his workshop. Man checked my car and identify both my catalyst and camshaft sensor require replacement asap. The most pressing one is that[b]catalyst [/b] and is very expensive. Need to start budgeting now.

If anyone here know where I can get a good catalyst with best price. Pls kindly let me know. Again I stay in Abj.

Thanks for everyone who recommended him for me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

I had a rethink to your issue and made this video specially for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmEKTHtLVDw

Informative
Mine was leaking too(same camry) i changed valve seal upto 3 times,still i can see some oil around especially at the back of the cover and it drains down the engine.
I'll have to show my mechanic to check that stuff you pointed out.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
infolekan:

GAZZUZZ:

infolekan:

not the same replica of the engine cos I saw a socket that had nothing to go inside of it on the new engine. Is there any other way around it or what?

Replace the engine with exactly what you removed (same engine code) or learn to live with current problem as it will never go away.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kassiny(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dear Gazzuzz,

I have oil leaking from my valve cover gasket .

2Gr-Fe Camry 2008. Could PCV be the cause of the leaking value gasket. Kindly advise on the way forward pls.

Activity77:

Thanks you GAZZUZZ... I will do as you said
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by replete(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dear Gazzuz, kindly help: how do I flush my power steering fluid for Camry?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
Good evening boss,
I have a Grand Cherokee 2013 recently brought in from the US. Was working well, all of a sudden the check engine light came up and the car refuses to start. When scanned the code : P1521 came up.

Please what do you think is the problem ??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mgdimagaladima(m): 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

Cc kingreign

Please how can I get his number?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BHyundai(m): 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
mgdimagaladima:

Please how can I get his number?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
replete:

Look for Chrisfix vidoe on YouTube

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
patomaniac:
Good evening boss,
I have a Grand Cherokee 2013 recently brought in from the US. Was working well, all of a sudden the check engine light came up and the car refuses to start. When scanned the code : P1521 came up.

Google and YouTube are some great ways to start

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kassiny:
Dear Gazzuzz,

2Gr-Fe Camry 2008. Could PCV be the cause of the leaking value gasket. Kindly advise on the way forward pls.

Hi does the oil drips on the floor? I recent noticed an oil leak on my Pontiac vibe 2005, I thought it was the valve cover gasket, but after some research (Google and YouTube) I found out it was a weak oring around my timing chain tensioner a common cause of oil leak for my engine type.

So find out if the oil drips on the floor and if you need to top the oil between oil change {if not and if your car is above 15yesr old, I will say don't sweat)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kassiny(m): 1:57am On Aug 30, 2020
dicksonadams:

Hi does the oil drips on the floor? I recent noticed an oil leak on my Pontiac vibe 2005, I thought it was the valve cover gasket, but after some research (Google and YouTube) I found out it was a weak oring around my timing chain tensioner a common cause of oil leak for my engine type.

So find out if the oil drips on the floor and if you need to top the oil between oil change {if not and if your car is above 15yesr old, I will say don't sweat)

Oil does not drip on the floor.. It only stay on top of the valve cover
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 2:53am On Aug 30, 2020
Please, how do I solve POO75 code brought up after a scan. Car is a Hyundai Accent 2008 manual transmission.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lush100(m): 3:42am On Aug 30, 2020
Dear autoGees,
Pls what power-steering oil can I use for Toyota Corolla 2006 sports. Mine is getting low.
Will appreciate if I can also know how many litres it's usually sold and random price estimate.
Cc: radautoworks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 6:26am On Aug 30, 2020
Lush100:
Dear autoGees,
Pls what power-steering oil can I use for Toyota Corolla 2006 sports. Mine is getting low.
Will appreciate if I can also know how many litres it's usually sold and random price estimate.

Hi, all info here. https://www.nairaland.com/post/92886529
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2020
nymphomaniac:
Please, how do I solve POO75 code brought up after a scan. Car is a Hyundai Accent 2008 manual transmission.

wrong engine installed. (I stand corrected) take a clear pic of engine bay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Aug 30, 2020
Kassiny:
Dear Gazzuzz,

Replace valve cover seal on both banks.

You can always check the PCV for functionality

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Aug 30, 2020
patomaniac:
Good evening boss,

The code has nothing to do with the current issue.

You will need to diagnose for fuel pressure in rail pulse at injector, sparks at soarkplugs all at the right sequence .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28am On Aug 30, 2020
replete:

start the car, take out the return flow pipe going to the reservoir, pour fresh fluid till it turns clear then plug back.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On Aug 30, 2020
Lush100:
Dear autoGees,

Power steering fluid for your vehicle is dextronIII, any good brand will suffice (mobil, total, Oando etc)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.