Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (921708 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by froshbuddy: 10:54am On Nov 25, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2020
froshbuddy:
This mechanic hand na...E fine
Gay alert
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by froshbuddy: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
Baba calm down. Don't derail this thread. It's all love and light.
Kingdemu:
Gay alert
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
froshbuddy:
Baba calm down. Don't derail this thread. It's all love and light.
Just kidding bro

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by funkymeky: 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
Kingdemu:
Just kidding bro

Expensive and childish joke if you ask me. For a tread like this, I don't think anyone will find that funny
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stanleyallen17(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

This is what I use

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
funkymeky:

Expensive and childish joke if you ask me. For a tread like this, I don't think anyone will find that funny
I know it must have pained, but I'm sorry I didn't mean to insult all gays. So you're just being plain stupid Sir. Bye

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
How much is Honda pilot silencer the middle one?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2020
Good day @Gazzuzz and other experts in the house, I pulled these codes from my 1998 Camry.

Sometime last month, I went through some flooded roads during a heavy storm and the gear 2 indicator on the dash came on and stayed on irrespective of whether the reverse or drive or neutral gear was selected. This was later sorted out by an auto electrician.
But these other codes are stuck. Have cleared them but they keep coming back.

Will be grateful with advice and pointers on how to resolve them.

Warm regards.

NB: I have drained and refilled the ATF with regards to the shift solenoid codes yet no show.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1kinggy(m): 10:01am On Nov 26, 2020
Chief @gazzuz my dashboard display is malfunctioning. My speedometer stoped working after I took the car for suspension change.

The strange part: it is my fuel level that is responslding to speed change.

Every other thing is working well. I have swapped speedometer with another Toyota Highlander of my model, problem persists.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02am On Nov 26, 2020
olenyi:
Good day @Gazzuzz and other experts in the house, I pulled these codes from my 1998 Camry.

Sometime last month, I went through some flooded roads during a heavy storm and the gear 2 indicator on the dash came on and stayed on irrespective of whether the reverse or drive or neutral gear was selected. This was later sorted out by an auto electrician.
But these other codes are stuck. Have cleared them but they keep coming back.

Will be grateful with advice and pointers on how to resolve them.

Warm regards.

NB: I have drained and refilled the ATF with regards to the shift solenoid codes yet no show.

Let's start with the vehicle stuck in 2.

Replace this part called the range switch and solve this issue then rescan and come back.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2020
1kinggy:
Chief @gazzuz my dashboard display is malfunctioning. My speedometer stoped working after I took the car for suspension change.

The strange part: it is my fuel level that is responslding to speed change.

Every other thing is working well. I have swapped speedometer with another Toyota Highlander of my model, problem persists.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

What year is your Highlander? Scan the ABS unit . Use the live scan option with the vehicle driving under 30miles per hr. Check which wheel speed sensors are not responsive .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1kinggy(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

What year is your Highlander? Scan the ABS unit . Use the live scan option with the vehicle driving under 30miles per hr. Check which wheel speed sensors are not responsive .

Thanks. I forgot to add that my ABS +BRAKE indicators are permanently on. I'd be checking them the sensors this weekend. Thanks.

2006 Highlander

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olenyi: 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Let's start with the vehicle stuck in 2.

Replace this part called the range switch and solve this issue then rescan and come back.

OK. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
1kinggy:

Thanks. I forgot to add that my ABS +BRAKE indicators are permanently on. I'd be checking them the sensors this weekend. Thanks.

2006 Highlander

Already anticipated
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wizzle772: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Check the electrical connections to the throttle body.

If it persists, replace the engine ecu for proper confirmation
Good evening oga GAZZUZ, we have checked the connection to the throttle, but now when I turn on the car the REV will go up to 2 and will not go down less than 1 always above 1 and costumes fuel well. Please what could be the issue with this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
wizzle772:
Good evening oga GAZZUZ, we have checked the connection to the throttle, but now when I turn on the car the REV will go up to 2 and will not go down less than 1 always above 1 and costumes fuel well. Please what could be the issue with this.

Recalibrate the throttle system with a scanner.

Also check if the throttle pedal has been adjusted
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Uyi213: 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
Please is there anyone that can help me check the engine of my Honda EOD in Isolo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by funkymeky: 11:25am On Nov 27, 2020
Kingdemu:
I'm sorry I didn't mean to insult all gays

It's alright. Apologize to your dad first.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
funkymeky:

It's alright. Apologize to your dad first.
Frustrated old fool

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wizzle772: 5:47am On Nov 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Recalibrate the throttle system with a scanner.

Also check if the throttle pedal has been adjusted
thanks, I have change the ECU as earlier advised, the car is doing well now. Thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mrsdaniel: 8:30am On Nov 28, 2020
Hello, I've a sienna '08 which had clogged fuel pump filter issues but dirt was cleaned and car drove up hill smoothly .. We observed sometimes the RPM fluctuate and car hesitates a little but am not really convinced with the mechanic touching Car injectors since I haven't done any work around engine asides oil change since car was bought few months ago . Car was scanned yesterday after seeing some black smoked color around the exhaust and higher fuel consumption and came up with codes ( P0159 , P0300, P0174 , P2197 ) in snapshot below.. kindly assist me with these codes & possible solution ?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2020
Good morning auto gurus in the house.

I recently realized my corolla 2008 South Africa has no "ring" on the shaft head on the wheels.
I realised this when the abs cable snapped and we were reconnecting it.
Abs cable reconnected now and it works just as before but my mechanic says I will have to get a ring for the shaft head.

What's the pro and cons of this cos I have been driving car so over years...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
mrsdaniel:
Hello, I've a sienna '08 which had clogged fuel pump filter issues but dirt was cleaned and car drove up hill smoothly .. We observed sometimes the RPM fluctuate and car hesitates a little but am not really convinced with the mechanic touching Car injectors since I haven't done any work around engine asides oil change since car was bought few months ago . Car was scanned yesterday after seeing some black smoked color around the exhaust and higher fuel consumption and came up with codes ( P0159 , P0300, P0174 , P2197 ) in snapshot below.. kindly assist me with these codes & possible solution ?

P2197 faulty O2 sensor. I thought I responded to this somewhere
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
eRex:

I recently realized my corolla 2008 South Africa has no "ring" on the shaft head on the wheels.
Abs cable reconnected now and it works just as before but my mechanic says I will have to get a ring for the shaft head.

Attach a pic pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Attach a pic pls

Hello Gazzuzz, that is quite difficult as the legs/tyres are already coupled up..

However here is a picture of the ring the mechanic says ought to be there....
Mine has none of such.. And I have not changed shaft for over 2 years..

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
eRex:

Your vehicle is equipped with an electromagnetic pulsar . Not the old sch type wink

The pulsar on your vehicle is attached to the wheel bearing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Your vehicle is equipped with an electromagnetic pulsar . Not the old sch type wink

The pulsar on your vehicle is attached to the wheel bearing.

Wahala for person wey no go school o...
Two different mechanic almost convinced me to put a ring on it.

In fact one said I am Damaging my gear gradually.

Saw were they forced a guy to do same. On the same model corolla. He came to change his gear box and they were quick to point out that the lack of the ring damaged his previous gear.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lordnaruto: 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hello Experts,
Please, my Honda Accord 2008 started stalling and somehow rough around last week, did a scan and got P0304 code (Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected).
I've changed all the spark plugs, yet the problem persists.

Last night, swapped the 4th and 3rd cylinder Coils, counting from the right, the code just came again this afternoon, although no stalling and the vibration has greatly reduced.

Please, how do i know the engine's cylinder 4 in case i didnt get that, and what else might be the issue to check?
Kindly help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zeal192: 11:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
Good evening everyone, please I need help with my 2009 Toyota Camry, the problem is the engine is running hot because I sometimes hear the cranky overheating sound from the engine but it doesn’t indicate overheating on the dashboard!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Oyedoisrael(m): 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
Good day, Gurus in the house i have learnt so much by reading this thread of a truth words can not really describe what this thread means thank u sir. I need your expert advice on a RENAULT KOLEOS 2012 MODEL Nigerian Used car i am considering buying an ALL round assesment. ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.