Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913107 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:28am On Mar 14, 2021
Jerrysmallz:

All of a sudden gazzuzz is now against 0&5w20
Is it that you now know what the car manufacturers does not know?

The 2GR-FE is best suited with 5w30. By the way I sell engine oils and have almost all possible oil weights
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30am On Mar 14, 2021
obidevine:
My Toyota Camry LE 2012 model AC turns on and cools but when I'm in traffic for long it cuts off and sometimes it makes my engine over heat. But when I'm driving without ac, even if I'm in traffic for 20 hours my engine doesn't overheat. I think it's my compressor.

Gurus what could be the cause of this ?

Have you sorted out the radiator thingy?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Have you sorted out the radiator thingy?

Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 8:09am On Mar 14, 2021
obidevine:

Mr Man du-craft is a Nigerian owned brake pad manufacturing company. I don't know what you are talking about. I can send you ducraft customer care number. You can call them and find out if they also make brake discs. You are arguing blindly. I do not argue blindly. Call du-craft brakes on +234 909 927 2537. Same number on whatsapp.

https://du-craftbrakes.com/

Above is ducraft brakes website
they make brake disc too

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 10:26am On Mar 14, 2021
Bizzyliss:
they make brake disc too

No they don't . If in doubt please call ducraft brakes on
+234 909 927 2537
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ikdaddy01(m): 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2021
yolkman20:
Good evening gurus,

Please I need help. I've been extorted and rubbed off my money due to lack of time and my inexperience about cars.

So, I got this corrola 03 toks and it was superb for the first few weeks, but now, it's all bleeped up. I have changed both front and back absorber in the space of 3 weeks. There's this crazy disturbing sound from both front legs, and I was advised to change absorber, linkages and buchin rubber all all.

It was fine after the fixing only for another sound from the owner's side at the back to surface. The sound is like (hohohohobohoho) while on motion and it's really disturbing. I took it to the mechanic shop and they advised I change the back absorber, I did and the sound didn't stop.

I took it back there and we discovered that the exhaust isn't well laid, hence shaking and creating the sound. They worked on it and sound reduced but still coming up. After then, there's crazy sound from the breakpad and I decided to change it, that's when the problem started. Since then, I realized my brake has been malfunctioning. On motion, it just go down and later stabilize, it's been like that since then. I also notice the handbrake is now very strong than before. I

On the driver's side at the back, there's this hohohohohoho sound in the leg, like the tire is rolling round that thing that is making the sound. I'm really frustrated and tired. Most times, I just give it to them to do and then return it back for me in the office, so I don't monitor what they do. I really wanna fix this whole thing and enjoy my car.

Can the gurus pls help me
Check engine light is on, I discovered that yesterday....
I am guessing you collected your absorbers back............
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ikdaddy01(m): 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
obidevine:
My Toyota Camry LE 2012 model AC turns on and cools but when I'm in traffic for long it cuts off and sometimes it makes my engine over heat. But when I'm driving without ac, even if I'm in traffic for 20 hours my engine doesn't overheat. I think it's my compressor.

Gurus what could be the cause of this ?
Compressor kwa
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Joe4lv(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
franksam209:
@gazzuz that fix u did for me concerning my engine going off or jerking after refueling worked like magic,
I hv purchased fuel over a thousand times now and nothing happened, thank you boss if not for you my kazeem would hv sent me back to the village grin

People in Lagos don't know what they have in @Gazzuzz. How I wish he is in Anambra state. I for do marketing for him free of charge. That guy is a genius.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
ikdaddy01:

Compressor kwa

When I'm in traffic for a while with the AC on. The AC tends to go off and warm air starts blowing from the AC vents, but when there is no traffic and the AC is on and i am on high speed, the AC stays blowing cool air.

I don't understand what the cause could be
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 4:29pm On Mar 14, 2021
obidevine:

When I'm in traffic for a while with the AC on. The AC tends to go off and warm air starts blowing from the AC vents, but when there is no traffic and the AC is on and i am on high speed, the AC stays blowing cool air.

I suggest you start from the radiator
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
I have this Problem too, and with this Mechanic.. just pick from my office and drop after closing... Few days afterwards problem will show face again..

Can really be frustrating...�

yolkman20:
Good evening gurus,

Please I need help. I've been extorted and rubbed off my money due to lack of time and my inexperience about cars.

So, I got this corrola 03 toks and it was superb for the first few weeks, but now, it's all bleeped up. I have changed both front and back absorber in the space of 3 weeks. There's this crazy disturbing sound from both front legs, and I was advised to change absorber, linkages and buchin rubber all all.

It was fine after the fixing only for another sound from the owner's side at the back to surface. The sound is like (hohohohobohoho) while on motion and it's really disturbing. I took it to the mechanic shop and they advised I change the back absorber, I did and the sound didn't stop.

I took it back there and we discovered that the exhaust isn't well laid, hence shaking and creating the sound. They worked on it and sound reduced but still coming up. After then, there's crazy sound from the breakpad and I decided to change it, that's when the problem started. Since then, I realized my brake has been malfunctioning. On motion, it just go down and later stabilize, it's been like that since then. I also notice the handbrake is now very strong than before. I

On the driver's side at the back, there's this hohohohohoho sound in the leg, like the tire is rolling round that thing that is making the sound. I'm really frustrated and tired. Most times, I just give it to them to do and then return it back for me in the office, so I don't monitor what they do. I really wanna fix this whole thing and enjoy my car.

Can the gurus pls help me
Check engine light is on, I discovered that yesterday....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ikdaddy01(m): 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
obidevine:

Nothing is wrong with your compressor oh. When temp goes higher than normal the Ac will shut off nau.
Listen to the guruZ. Check posts☝️��
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 6:24am On Mar 15, 2021
ikdaddy01:

Nothing is wrong with your compressor oh. When temp goes higher than normal the Ac will shut off nau.
Listen to the guruZ. Check posts☝️��

When I'm in traffic for a while the AC shuts off and blows hot air.

Yesterday being Sunday with less traffic I drove the car from Ajah to Ikeja on reasonable speed. The AC didn't shut off because I was driving fast but when I slow down it tends to shut off . It wasn't like that before. I think I will take it for diagnosis
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 6:42am On Mar 15, 2021
obidevine:

Yesterday being Sunday with less traffic I drove the car from Ajah to Ikeja on reasonable speed. The AC didn't shut off because I was driving fast but when I slow down it tends to shut off . It wasn't like that before. I think I will take it for diagnosis

Chk if ur AC compressor is making grinding noise when on, and change ur AC pressure switch, flush the system and vacuum then add New gas

But still visit a reliable AC technician, I suspect ur AC compressor cycle on for to long without cycle off hence compressor overheating

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:57am On Mar 15, 2021
yvy1:
Hello car experts,

Please what do we do about excessive fuel tank pressure for 07 LX470?

When we open the fuel cap After driving the car for more than 10 minutes, the build up pressure is much. When the car parked after driving it for a while, hissing/evaporation sounds can be heard and sometimes fumes can be seen.

We've tried driving around without the fuel cap screwed on but little improvement was seen.

Please any pointers on how to fix this?

Thank you very much.

Your car problem needs a competent technician to take time in diagnosis of it,then repair it.

Where is the car located?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Mar 15, 2021
obidevine:

Air-conditioning.

In most cases technicians refill refrigerant blindly.

An overfill will cause excessive pressure on the high side which in turn will cause the system to shutdown to protect its self from further damage.

One of the reasons why it is noticeable in traffic is the static nature of air around the condenser.

Gasses expand when hot and there is a higher buildup when static and worse on a hot day.

Just for scientific purposes, reduce the amount of refrigerant in your system a bit or find a technician with a gauge that can read the high side values. (It should not exceed 200psi)

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On Mar 15, 2021
Slickleo:

Chk if ur AC compressor is making grinding noise when on, and change ur AC pressure switch, flush the system and vacuum then add New gas

But still visit a reliable AC technician, I suspect ur AC compressor cycle on for to long without cycle off hence compressor overheating

All unnecessary.

Just hook up pressure gauges with the AC running and all will be revealed .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by yvy1(f): 7:58am On Mar 15, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Problem cannot be solved remotely

*Sigh

kingreign:

Your car problem needs a competent technician to take time in diagnosis of it,then repair it.

Where is the car located?

I'm in Agbor, Delta State.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 8:14am On Mar 15, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Air-conditioning.

In most cases technicians refill refrigerant blindly.

An overfill will cause excessive pressure on the high side which in turn will cause the system to shutdown to protect its self from further damage.

One of the reasons why it is noticeable in traffic is the static nature of air around the condenser.

Gasses expand when hot and there is a higher buildup when static and worse on a hot day.

Just for scientific purposes, reduce the amount of refrigerant in your system a bit or find a technician with a gauge that can read the high side values. (It should not exceed 200psi)

Okay thanks a lot Guru.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:11am On Mar 15, 2021
yvy1:

*Sigh

That's where you may have to search for a competent technician to fix it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
yvy1:

*Sigh

Some people's village head might be the cause of your wahala. Hold on, he will respond to you soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
inze:

Don't say it o angry

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TruthHurts1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oga I hail. Please I need to replace my car battery. My current battery is 75ah, but I'm thinking of replacing it with a 100ah battery because my car is a Toyota Highlander 2004. I'm looking at something like this:

[img]https://images./66Os05nG92jGWpIIAZOBw2.jpg[/img]

Will it work? Also, can you recommend a reliable battery brand? Thanks in advance.

GAZZUZZ:

Don't say it o angry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Shanid(m): 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
Hello ,good evening everyone , please, I want to change my car tyre( camry 04) from 205/65/15 to 205/70/15 just to raise it a little .its too low .....Is it okay this way or can I get a better suggestion?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
Shanid:
Hello ,good evening everyone , please, I want to change my car tyre( camry 04) from 205/65/15 to 205/70/15 just to raise it a little .its too low .....Is it okay this way or can I get a better suggestion?

Either of this suppose work.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Shanid(m): 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
frebor:

thank you so much sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ifebazz(m): 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good day guys, please guys, is there any timeframe for one to refill or top up car Air Conditioner gas irrespective of perfomance? I have been using mine for about one year running now, and it's the one that came with the car as I am yet to top up the gas or anything, although, I feel my other car that I topped up seems to 'chill' more than this one.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vincentjk(m): 1:47am On Mar 16, 2021
Shanid:

One man living close to me bought this camry (maybe 04) with large rims and tyres with raised shock absorbers.

Car has a very good ground clearance and looks bigger and very fine, haven't seen a finer big daddy than his all my life smiley

All thanks to the rims and tyres alone.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tunesh(m): 2:53am On Mar 16, 2021
Hello Guys, I am thinking of changing my 2005 Corolla tyres from 195/65 r15 to 205/70 r15 or 195/70r15 or 215/65 r16
m
The aim is mainly to achieve a higher ground clearance. Is this recommended or is there a better alternative? and is it safe . Please. Current tires are bad.

Thanks for the response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 3:06am On Mar 16, 2021
frebor:

bros can you give me the tyre schematics for 225/45R17 and 235/45R17
car is VW jetta 2002
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 3:31am On Mar 16, 2021
Tunesh:
Hello Guys, I am thinking of changing my 2005 Corolla tyres from 195/65 r15 to 205/70 r15 or 195/70r15 or 215/65 r16
m
The aim is mainly to achieve a higher ground clearance. Is this recommended or is there a better alternative? and is it safe . Please. Current tires are bad.

Thanks for the response

Smaller wheel wells, Corolla no be SUV. Very big tyres won't allow you turn properly àbí make e kuku commot your front bumper. 205/65/15 or 205/60/16 to be safe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Wealth1105

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.