Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914661 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vincentjk(m): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2021
chrisja:
Hello Everyone, I have a 2005 Toyota Camry V6, I noticed recently that as I am drive, I feel a vibration on the steering, then also noise at the back on my right hand side like there is a metal object in the boot tumble around.
Please what could the cause of these 2 issues? Thanks

For the vibration, go to an alignment workshop and make sure everything is in order including the wheel balance.

For the noise, visit a mechanic and let a check be done on your right back shock absorber.

I hope this helps.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Niell(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2021
Does anyone know where I can get a 2005 Honda Accord Ignition switch key set please.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by yvy1(f): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2021
Hello car experts,

Please what do we do about excessive fuel tank pressure for 07 LX470?

When we open the fuel cap After driving the car for more than 10 minutes, the build up pressure is much. When the car parked after driving it for a while, hissing/evaporation sounds can be heard and sometimes fumes can be seen.

We've tried driving around without the fuel cap screwed on but little improvement was seen.

Please any pointers on how to fix this?

Thank you very much.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
yvy1:
Hello car experts,

Please what do we do about excessive fuel tank pressure for 07 LX470?

When we open the fuel cap After driving the car for more than 10 minutes, the build up pressure is much. When the car parked after driving it for a while, hissing/evaporation sounds can be heard and sometimes fumes can be seen.

We've tried driving around without the fuel cap screwed on but little improvement was seen.

Please any pointers on how to fix this?

Thank you very much.

Problem cannot be solved remotely
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AKALAMAGBO: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please, is it necessary to change oil filter every time there’s an oil change? My mechanic changed my oil few days ago and I asked why didn’t he change the oil filter too, he told me it’s not necessary for now, that it can be changed on the next service. Could that be true?

Thanks

PS: I own Es 350 2013 Model and the oil was the filter I guess came with it, because it’s a tokunbo car...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 8:13pm On Mar 12, 2021
AKALAMAGBO:
Hi everyone,

Please, is it necessary to change oil filter every time there’s an oil change? My mechanic changed my oil few days ago and I asked why didn’t he change the oil filter too, he told me it’s not necessary for now, that it can be changed on the next service. Could that be true?

Thanks

PS: I own Es 350 2013 Model and the oil was the filter I guess came with it, because it’s a tokunbo car...

Ahhh

Change Mechanic first.

Then we'll ask which oil you used to change before you'll now change both oil and filter properly.

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2021
AKALAMAGBO:
Hi everyone,

Thanks

It's imperative that you change your oil filter during every oil change.

I also advise you change your mechanic

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AKALAMAGBO: 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
Thank you so much.... I just changed the oil few days ago, I drove it from Ilorin to Lagos and back, I used Mobil 1 and it cost me not less than 50K because the engine capacity is 6litres... Going by your advice, would I have to change the Oil again with a new filter since I haven’t even used the oil that much, only from ilorin to lagos and back..

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by yolkman20: 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
Good evening gurus,

Please I need help. I've been extorted and rubbed off my money due to lack of time and my inexperience about cars.

So, I got this corrola 03 toks and it was superb for the first few weeks, but now, it's all bleeped up. I have changed both front and back absorber in the space of 3 weeks. There's this crazy disturbing sound from both front legs, and I was advised to change absorber, linkages and buchin rubber all all.

It was fine after the fixing only for another sound from the owner's side at the back to surface. The sound is like (hohohohobohoho) while on motion and it's really disturbing. I took it to the mechanic shop and they advised I change the back absorber, I did and the sound didn't stop.

I took it back there and we discovered that the exhaust isn't well laid, hence shaking and creating the sound. They worked on it and sound reduced but still coming up. After then, there's crazy sound from the breakpad and I decided to change it, that's when the problem started. Since then, I realized my brake has been malfunctioning. On motion, it just go down and later stabilize, it's been like that since then. I also notice the handbrake is now very strong than before. I

On the driver's side at the back, there's this hohohohohoho sound in the leg, like the tire is rolling round that thing that is making the sound. I'm really frustrated and tired. Most times, I just give it to them to do and then return it back for me in the office, so I don't monitor what they do. I really wanna fix this whole thing and enjoy my car.

Can the gurus pls help me
Check engine light is on, I discovered that yesterday....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2021
yolkman20:
Good evening gurus,

Please I need help. I've been extorted and rubbed off my money due to lack of time and my inexperience about cars.

So, I got this corrola 03 toks and it was superb for the first few weeks, but now, it's all bleeped up. I have changed both front and back absorber in the space of 3 weeks. There's this crazy disturbing sound from both front legs, and I was advised to change absorber, linkages and buchin rubber all all.

It was fine after the fixing only for another sound from the owner's side at the back to surface. The sound is like (hohohohobohoho) while on motion and it's really disturbing. I took it to the mechanic shop and they advised I change the back absorber, I did and the sound didn't stop.

I took it back there and we discovered that the exhaust isn't well laid, hence shaking and creating the sound. They worked on it and sound reduced but still coming up. After then, there's crazy sound from the breakpad and I decided to change it, that's when the problem started. Since then, I realized my brake has been malfunctioning. On motion, it just go down and later stabilize, it's been like that since then. I also notice the handbrake is now very strong than before. I

On the driver's side at the back, there's this hohohohohoho sound in the leg, like the tire is rolling round that thing that is making the sound. I'm really frustrated and tired. Most times, I just give it to them to do and then return it back for me in the office, so I don't monitor what they do. I really wanna fix this whole thing and enjoy my car.

There lies your problem
You can never enjoy your car that way.
It's probably the back brake lining that's making the sound.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by yolkman20: 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
Peppermintflav:

There lies your problem
You can never enjoy your car that way.
It's probably the back brake lining that's making the sound.

Now that I know, I don't give to them again. I'd just call in sick at work or fix issues at weekends. Thanks anyways...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nitt: 1:03am On Mar 13, 2021
yolkman20:

Now that I know, I don't give to them again. I'd just call in sick at work or fix issues at weekends. Thanks anyways...

rather share yr location here, there are better workshop/mechanics that can fix yr car well on this thread.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:22am On Mar 13, 2021
yolkman20:
Good evening gurus,

Call me if you in Lagos. This sounds very depressing on the easiest car to fix in this physical world

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:23am On Mar 13, 2021
AKALAMAGBO:
Thank you so much.... I just changed the oil few days ago, I drove it from Ilorin to Lagos and back, I used Mobil 1 and it cost me not less than 50K because the engine capacity is 6litres... Going by your advice, would I have to change the Oil again with a new filter since I haven’t even used the oil that much, only from ilorin to lagos and back..

Thanks

Engine oil is safe. Filter should be replaced

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by franksam209: 1:36am On Mar 13, 2021
@gazzuz that fix u did for me concerning my engine going off or jerking after refueling worked like magic,
I hv purchased fuel over a thousand times now and nothing happened, thank you boss if not for you my kazeem would hv sent me back to the village grin

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 3:23am On Mar 13, 2021
Gazzuzz is a genius

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AKALAMAGBO: 7:09am On Mar 13, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Engine oil is safe. Filter should be replaced

Thank you Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AKALAMAGBO: 7:16am On Mar 13, 2021
One more question please,

My oil cap rating says 0w 20...

But I couldn’t get that particular oil type, so I used 5W 30... Is that an issue

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:43am On Mar 13, 2021
AKALAMAGBO:

But I couldn’t get that particular oil type, so I used 5W 30... Is that an issue

Thanks

Do not let the oil cap confuse you. 5w30 is the right oil weight.

I hope you used a good brand and not that semi synthetic nonsense
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2021
AKALAMAGBO:

Thanks

Not an Issue at all... 5W-30 is good for engine protection
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DonnyE(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2021
OduduaDefender:
Mr Gazzuz, I got Corolla 2007 Tokunbo last year September 2020 and I am a novice about car. I notice that the cooling fan doesn't start rotating immediately I start the car until a few minutes after. When I took the car to a recommended Rewire last week to help fix the horn that didn't sound again, he noticed the fan and said he would have do something to make the cooling fan rotate immediately I start the car which he did and the fan starts rotating immediately I start it.
My question is whether that would have negative effects on the car
Bros you should have asked this question before going to temper with your new ride. Revert to original state please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by yolkman20: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Call me if you in Lagos. This sounds very depressing on the easiest car to fix in this physical world

Thanks so much. I will call you. I appreciate the comments.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AKALAMAGBO: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I used the Mobil 1 synthetic...: Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OduduaDefender(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
DonnyE:

Bros you should have asked this question before going to temper with your new ride. Revert to original state please.

I have done that now.
Thank you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OduduaDefender(m): 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Trouble dey sleep you go wake am. Tell him to revert it back to how it was.

Thank you Chairman.
I have done that.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jerrysmallz: 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

All of a sudden gazzuzz is now against 0&5w20
Is it that you now know what the car manufacturers does not know?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sammily(m): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2021
yolkman20:
Good evening gurus,

Likely culprit will be a failing brake master cylinder. I have been having similar issue with my 06 Corolla and ended up changing it recently.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
My Toyota Camry LE 2012 model AC turns on and cools but when I'm in traffic for long it cuts off and sometimes it makes my engine over heat. But when I'm driving without ac, even if I'm in traffic for 20 hours my engine doesn't overheat. I think it's my compressor.

Gurus what could be the cause of this ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sunshyne200(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
Good evening Gazzuzz

Please there is a Honda accord 2010 sedan a friend of mine wants to buy, but I am shocked it came with a Civic Engine, how possible is this

Pic Attached

Cc
seanfer

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:18am On Mar 14, 2021
Sunshyne200:
Good evening Gazzuzz

Please there is a Honda accord 2010 sedan a friend of mine wants to buy, but I am shocked it came with a Civic Engine, how possible is this

Pic Attached

Cc
seanfer

That is the base model 2.0L. Don’t buy it sha
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chijioke17(m): 4:39am On Mar 14, 2021
selfmadeOLX:

That is the base model 2.0L. Don’t buy it sha
why

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Ohiomoba5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.