Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,083 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913044 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 8:42am On Apr 15, 2021
obidevine:
Hello gurus. My car is a toyota 4 plugs camry 2012.

Sometime this year i noticed that the car tends to power down when I'm driving ( the engine just goes off). But when i crank it up again it starts immediately like nothing happened. I took it to a mechanic and he cleaned my throttle body, the engine stalling stopped for about 2 months after cleaning the throttle body.

This issue (engine stalling) while driving started again just yesterday. I really don't know what could be causing this.

Help !!!; Gazzuzz radautoworks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Segzila: 8:48am On Apr 15, 2021
Dear Boss

Please can you advise if Mit. Lancer Evolution is a good car to buy and maintain....I got an offer to buy one that goes off once the A/C is put on...your advise and foresight will be appreciated

Segun
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:17am On Apr 15, 2021
Segzila:
Dear Boss

Please can you advise if Mit. Lancer Evolution is a good car to buy and maintain....I got an offer to buy one that goes off once the A/C is put on...your advise and foresight will be appreciated

Segun

How many do you see on the road?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

How many do you see on the road?

Good question

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Segzila: 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2021
Wow, thanks for the info....true not so many on the road....

Appreciate

Segun
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by owunabastard: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2021
Please, house, I have a lexus 300, the hand brake is up ( it goes three stages as you press down the hand brake and also three stages when you pull it up).
Now, it is up and I noticed that my car is hesitating when accelerating. Which position should the hand brake be, whether up or should be pressed down?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
owunabastard:
Please, house, I have a lexus 300, the hand brake is up ( it goes three stages as you press down the hand brake and also three stages when you pull it up).
Now, it is up and I noticed that my car is hesitating when accelerating. Which position should the hand brake be, whether up or should be pressed down?
lol,e be like you go register for driving school again o

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2021
owunabastard:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
owunabastard:

Bros abeg return that car to the owner . No be you get am.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2021
owunabastard:

Go on YouTube and watch videos of you don’t know where it’s supposed to be

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by omorkelly(m): 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
bskyb:

Thank you..
He said you are yet to reach him.
You may want to drop your digits so he can call you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ExecutiveDC: 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
Thanks Boss@GAZZUZZ for your recommendations and timely supply of the Transmission fluid and Engine Oil for my Highlander.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
ExecutiveDC:
Thanks Boss@GAZZUZZ for your recommendations and timely supply of the Transmission fluid and Engine Oil for my Highlander.

Appreciate the patronage

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CsRockefeller(m): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
owunabastard:

Was in your shoes about 3 months ago, see as I dey panick for road grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
owunabastard:

[img]https://media./images/f0d9ee5052ef2d4086c0e3dd68fa1c08/tenor.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bskyb(m): 7:07am On Apr 16, 2021
omorkelly:

I will reach him today. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bskyb(m): 7:33am On Apr 16, 2021
omorkelly:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by omorkelly(m): 7:53am On Apr 16, 2021
Ok

bskyb:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bskyb(m): 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
omorkelly:
Ok

Sorry, I just dooke to the car owner and ge said he has found an alternative.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by omorkelly(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
Ok
bskyb:

Sorry, I just dooke to the car owner and ge said he has found an alternative.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmyN(m): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
CsRockefeller:

I'm in trouble cry

Already sent him some money, what do I ask him now, so Bayo wants to rip me off cry

You were being asked to supply info on the car model and year. No one has suggested a rip-off.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CsRockefeller(m): 12:55am On Apr 17, 2021
emmyN:

You were being asked to supply info on the car model and year. No one has suggested a rip-off.

It's a Toyota Solara 1998. He had already fixed it, the issue now is; the car doesn't accelerate normal, the accelerator is very stiff, when I take my foot from the brakes it doesn't move until I step on the gas pedal... I'm so tried cry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmyN(m): 2:14am On Apr 17, 2021
CsRockefeller:

It's a Toyota Solara 1998. He had already fixed it, the issue now is; the car doesn't accelerate normal, the accelerator is very stiff, when I take my foot from the brakes it doesn't move until I step on the gas pedal... I'm so tried cry

kingreign, GAZZUZZ may attend. It's a 98 Solara
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kala111: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

If the crankshaft (according to his naked eye) is still ok, why not just replace the bearings? Why use paper?

I was never against him changing the bearings including the crankshaft but said the paper would surely do the magic. He said the paper can't eat up.

But what could possibly be the cause of noise and the non starting when engine is cold until you raise/warm before it picks?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kala111: 10:16am On Apr 17, 2021
obidevine:

Help !!!; Gazzuzz radautoworks

Perhaps your fuel pump is gone but then, what do I know when we have the gurus in the house.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by henryutd(m): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2021
DdenslordD:

It is called gear slippage. Either the gearbox oil is a wrong texture that can onlu carry load on lower gears and slips on higher gears or your gearbox fibres are burnt. Take a look under ur car, do you see gesr box oil leaks then you might have been running on lownoil which must have killed the gearbox

The fibre and the valve bode was changed. The vehicle is now. Okay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
samuelson06:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt_TRT1G8FQ

Any ideas where this noise may be coming from? Please, pay attention from the 6th through the 20th seconds of the video. The car is a Ford Focus 2009 model.

Gazzuzz radautoworks kingreign

Na Ford, e no concern me.
I just played the video, it sounds like low power steering fluid noise, there's another kind of tapping/knocking sound at the background. This vehicle will need physical inspection.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
samuelson06:

Any ideas where this noise may be coming from? Please, pay attention from the 6th through the 20th seconds of the video. The car is a Ford Focus 2009 model.

listened and can't tell from the video for sure. It kind of sounds like bearings but don't hold me to that. Has to be located in person.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
samuelson06:

Low on power steering fluid?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
Thanks for your comments @Gazzuzz radautoworks and kingreign. I don't think it's the power steering fluid because the steering still turns without applying so much energy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mammanbawa: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
samuelson06:
Thanks for your comments @Gazzuzz radautoworks and kingreign. I don't think it's the power steering fluid because the steering still turns without applying so much energy.

Doesn't mean the unit is in excellent condition
It could need bleeding

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.