Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919979 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
I want to commend Moses also known as mosbus here on Nairaland for fixing my ac issues. I had taken the car to other technicians and they told me my compressor was bad blah blah blah. But when I contacted Mosbus he told me to bring the car to his workshop at isolo in Lagos and he fixed my ac issues without touching my compressor. It turns out my compressor is in tip top shape . He has all the tools and machines for ac fixing. The guy is "good people"

He's not paying me to advertise for him ooohh.

He can be reached via this number for any car ac issues 0803 758 6148

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
obidevine:
I want to commend Moses also known as mosbus here on Nairaland for fixing my ac issues. I had taken the car to other technicians and they told me my compressor was bad blah blah blah. But when I contacted Mosbus he told me to bring the car to his workshop at isolo in Lagos and he fixed my ac issues without touching my compressor. It turns out my compressor is in tip top shape . He has all the tools and machines for ac fixing. The guy is "good people"

obidevine:

When I'm in traffic for a while with the AC on. The AC tends to go off and warm air starts blowing from the AC vents, but when there is no traffic and the AC is on and i am on high speed, the AC stays blowing cool air.

I don't understand what the cause could be

ikdaddy01:

Nothing is wrong with your compressor oh. When temp goes higher than normal the Ac will shut off nau.
Listen to the guruZ. Check posts☝️��

GAZZUZZ:

Air-conditioning.

In most cases technicians refill refrigerant blindly.

An overfill will cause excessive pressure on the high side which in turn will cause the system to shutdown to protect its self from further damage.

One of the reasons why it is noticeable in traffic is the static nature of air around the condenser.

Gasses expand when hot and there is a higher buildup when static and worse on a hot day.

Just for scientific purposes, reduce the amount of refrigerant in your system a bit or find a technician with a gauge that can read the high side values. (It should not exceed 200psi)

We all told you nothing was wrong with your compressor

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2021
my golf 4 engine has a working thermostat but fans are connected direct to ignition due to fault at socket on radiator which caused my fan to misbehave (it comes on when the car has been turned off, sometimes it refuses to come on and car overheats)
my question is will this affect my fuel consumption
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Slickleo: 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
obidevine:

Mosbus na legend koret guy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 5:21am On Apr 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

We all told you nothing was wrong with your compressor

Yes you did as well. I thank all the gurus in the house .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by idmoore(m): 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2021
Hello Gurus,
I want to ask has anybody come across Polytron Metal Treatment Concentrate.
An oil treatment for ICE that treats metals inside the ICE and reduced friction and wear & tear to the bearest.

let anyone share their experience in using this Addictive.
Am not a fan of addictives but this Polytron has be preached beyond 100% performance to improve engine performance and reduces any friction inside the engine.

I want to use it for my Corolla 2005 engine.

Whats your take... on this Polytron
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 5:50am On Apr 11, 2021
I serviced my Camry 09 barely two weeks ago....yesterday I wanted to get food so started the car and the engine oil light indicator was showing! Had to scan no possible code. Please what's the actual problem cause the oil gauge level is okay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Wandeayo(m): 6:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
drmuchin:
my golf 4 engine has a working thermostat but fans are connected direct to ignition due to fault at socket on radiator which caused my fan to misbehave (it comes on when the car has been turned off, sometimes it refuses to come on and car overheats)
my question is will this affect my fuel consumption

Why not return it to factory settings by buying new fan control module and radiator thermoswitch, both will be less than 5k.
So that ur fan will only work when it's needed, and it will give u rest of mind.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
Wandeayo:

Why not return it to factory settings by buying new fan control module and radiator thermoswitch, both will be less than 5k.
So that ur fan will only work when it's needed, and it will give u rest of mind.

Hello bros where do u reside? I will try to talk to my rewire to know of he can effect the above procedure

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdeniyiA(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
My car jerks at slow or in traffic, it, d jerking, stops if I put it in Neutral but begins whenever I put in drive or reverse. Finds it difficult to drive up hill but runs well on flat ground. Now it can’t even climb d hill it usually climbs.
I bought it from someone, I noticed that the injector mouth was blocked at the small hole in it, when opened the vehicle works high. But was advised to replace it. Plugs changed.

Now i am looking at replacing d fuel pump, and replacing the injector mouth.

Camry envelope
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdeniyiA(m): 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2021
Is it advisable to use a V6 fuel pump in V4 vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ceelog(m): 5:28am On Apr 12, 2021
Good morning Gazzuzz.

Please which is the recommended engine oil for a Toyota coaster bus 2016-2018 model.

And do you have it in stock? Both Mobil 5L and 1L?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2021
AdeniyiA:

Just change your mechanic

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by flecho: 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

unplug socket? Is catalytic converter present? If yes , test it to check if it is blocked

greetings engrs please d catalytic converter has been chkd and confirmed not blocked. PL any idea on wat to do. A friend was suggesting d EGR valve (base on his previous experience with Honda) bt there is no code 4 dat any help will be appreciated. thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
seanfer:

Just change your mechanic
Come straight bro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Wandeayo(m): 8:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
drmuchin:

Hello bros where do u reside? I will try to talk to my rewire to know of he can effect the above procedure

Thanks
I reside in Lagos presently, Your rewire should be able to install it if the factory wire connections haven't been tampered with.
But if they have cut the factory wire connections, then I will advice you to just continue to manage it that way until u meet a professional, to prevent unforseen issues.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
Wandeayo:

I reside in Lagos presently, Your rewire should be able to install it if the factory wire connections haven't been tampered with.
But if they have cut the factory wire connections, then I will advice you to just continue to manage it that way until u meet a professional, to prevent unforseen issues.

well car was converted from VR6 JETTA TO I4 GOLF 4

E BE THINGS! na to manage am sure pass

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sammily(m): 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
AdeniyiA:
My car jerks at slow or in traffic, it, d jerking, stops if I put it in Neutral but begins whenever I put in drive or reverse. Finds it difficult to drive up hill but runs well on flat ground. Now it can’t even climb d hill it usually climbs.
I bought it from someone, I noticed that the injector mouth was blocked at the small hole in it, when opened the vehicle works high. But was advised to replace it. Plugs changed.

Camry envelope

My Corolla was having similar issue, though not as profound as yours some time ago. What I did then was to change the engine air filter and clean the Mass Air Flow sensor with MAF cleaner, the engine power returned in fill blast. You can try it if it will work, if not you may have to into changing your fuel pump.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:01am On Apr 13, 2021
ceelog:
Good morning Gazzuzz.

Please which is the recommended engine oil for a Toyota coaster bus 2016-2018 model.

And do you have it in stock? Both Mobil 5L and 1L?

Diesel or petrol?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:02am On Apr 13, 2021
AdeniyiA:

There is no such thing as a a V6, I4 or V8 fuel pump.

Buy what you removed.

Always replace entire assy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:03am On Apr 13, 2021
AdeniyiA:

Camry envelope

You have a misfire and a none functional IACV.

You will need a good mechanic to solve this
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:04am On Apr 13, 2021
bastien:
I serviced my Camry 09 barely two weeks ago....yesterday I wanted to get food so started the car and the engine oil light indicator was showing! Had to scan no possible code. Please what's the actual problem cause the oil gauge level is okay

You do not scan a car when you have issues like oil indicator on when running. There will be no related codes.

Check if you have engine oil in the engine .

If you do, then It is a sludge related incident

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:05am On Apr 13, 2021
idmoore:
Hello Gurus,
I want to ask has anybody come across Polytron Metal Treatment Concentrate.
An oil treatment for ICE that treats metals inside the ICE and reduced friction and wear & tear to the bearest.

let anyone share their experience in using this Addictive.
Am not a fan of addictives but this Polytron has be preached beyond 100% performance to improve engine performance and reduces any friction inside the engine.

I want to use it for my Corolla 2005 engine.

Whats your take... on this Polytron

Additives are not necessary. Change your oil as at when due.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kewtt: 6:01am On Apr 13, 2021
seanfer:

That car is meant to do 11km/L. But if we put into consideration our fuel and that car can’t be in factory level. The worst you should be getting is 7km/l. Scan the car, make sure you’re using the recommended plugs and clean the injector.
My MB E320 V6 engine does that!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 6:21am On Apr 13, 2021
Kewtt:

My MB E320 V6 engine does that!

Remember that’s a turbo engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arantess: 6:34am On Apr 13, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Additives are not necessary. Change your oil as at when due.
Good morning sir

Normal rpm for the vehicle is at 800
Recently when I put on the AC, it jumps to 1000 and slides back to 800, making the vehicle have a sluggish acceleration... corolla 2004

Pls i need your thoughts on this, thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 7:48am On Apr 13, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Check for air leaks between throttle body and air cleaner .

Good Morning Boss,

Thanks for the other time.

Update:
So i checked for air leaks as advised and i didn't see any though my check might not have been exhaustive. But i discovered that the air filter was not fixed properly and a hose to the engine has the clip on the on the body of the rubber instead of the mouth. So those two were corrected and i cleared the error code. It didn't come up for 3 weeks.

However, it (P0101) came up again on Easter Monday (last week), i cleared it, drove the car for a week. Then the check engine light was up again last night. Same error code P0101.

I also noticed the engine hesitates a little when i try to accelerate or when i want to start it.

Kindly assist.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 8:24am On Apr 13, 2021
blazetitov:

Good Morning Boss,

Thanks for the other time.

Update:
So i checked for air leaks as advised and i didn't see any though my check might not have been exhaustive. But i discovered that the air filter was not fixed properly and a hose to the engine has the clip on the on the body of the rubber instead of the mouth. So those two were corrected and i cleared the error code. It didn't come up for 3 weeks.

However, it (P0101) came up again on Easter Monday (last week), i cleared it, drove the car for a week. Then the check engine light was up again last night. Same error code P0101.

I also noticed the engine hesitates a little when i try to accelerate or when i want to start it.

Kindly assist.
dust off ur engine air filter,get mass airflow cleaner n clean ur mass airflow sensor,allow to dry n reinstall den clear error code

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:08am On Apr 13, 2021
arantess:

Good morning sir

Normal rpm for the vehicle is at 800
Recently when I put on the AC, it jumps to 1000 and slides back to 800, making the vehicle have a sluggish acceleration... corolla 2004

Pls i need your thoughts on this, thank you

Cannot be solved remotely

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 11:31am On Apr 13, 2021
Hello gurus. My car is a toyota 4 plugs camry 2012.

Sometime this year i noticed that the car tends to power down when I'm driving ( the engine just goes off). But when i crank it up again it starts immediately like nothing happened. I took it to a mechanic and he cleaned my throttle body, the engine stalling stopped for about 2 months after cleaning the throttle body.

This issue (engine stalling) while driving started again just yesterday. I really don't know what could be causing this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by macdee20(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
I dont know about 205/70/r15, buh I used 205/65/r15 on my ex-2003 Corolla (no regrets!!!)
I be like black Vin Diesel for road, dey use am enter anywhere.
Yes, u'll get higher ground clearance as well (no more under-bumper scratching).

the only thing i noticed is, if your car is at a hault position, and another car pass you with speed, your car go shake!!!
asides that, nothing else!.

Tunesh:
Hello Guys, I am thinking of changing my 2005 Corolla tyres from 195/65 r15 to 205/70 r15 or 195/70r15 or 215/65 r16
m
The aim is mainly to achieve a higher ground clearance. Is this recommended or is there a better alternative? and is it safe . Please. Current tires are bad.

Thanks for the response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ceelog(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Diesel or petrol?
Petrol

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.