Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912629 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
kala111:

Perhaps your fuel pump is gone but then, what do I know when we have the gurus in the house.

It's possible
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
mammanbawa:

Doesn't mean the unit is in excellent condition
It could need bleeding

Please, are you also thinking the noise may be coming caused by low power steering fluid? BTW, what's bleeding?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mammanbawa: 1:06am On Apr 18, 2021
samuelson06:

Please, are you also thinking the noise may be coming caused by low power steering fluid? BTW, what's bleeding?

Bleeding is the expulsion of air voids from a system
The car sounds like the power steering system has air voids in it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2021
mammanbawa:

Bleeding is the expulsion of air voids from a system
The car sounds like the power steering system has air voids in it

Thanks for the explanation. But is bleeding something any roadside mechanic can do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mammanbawa: 10:52am On Apr 18, 2021
samuelson06:

Thanks for the explanation. But is bleeding something any roadside mechanic can do?

With proper monitoring, yes. Don't let any impurity get in the fluid
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
mammanbawa:

With proper monitoring, yes. Don't let any impurity get in the fluid

Okay.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
Please car gurus in the house help a brother my Lexus Es350 booth has refused to open, it rained heavily in the night only for me to wake us to clean the car for church and my booth refuse to open please what do I do.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mammanbawa: 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
Raphael007:
Please car gurus in the house help a brother my Lexus Es350 booth has refused to open, it rained heavily in the night only for me to wake us to clean the car for church and my booth refuse to open please what do I do.

Are you using the release button only? Or it doesn't open with the remote too?
If it opens with the remote and doesn't open with the release button, there's a trunk release button in your glove box, press it and try again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
mammanbawa:

If it opens with the remote and doesn't open with the release button, there's a trunk release button in your glove box, press it and try again.
Okay thank let me try that now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
mammanbawa:

Thanks boss I just tried it and it worked like you said my son obviously messed with it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Numberz(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

It's a very common problem on the Camry 2007-2009.

Video is long, but if you want to skip lectures just replace the abs module in pic below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxx3Jd1PpJk

This is one month after I changed the ABS module and the car is driving smooth...I appreciate you Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hello gurus. My car is a toyota 4 plugs camry 2012.

Sometime this year i noticed that the car tends to power down when I'm driving ( the engine just goes off). But when i crank it up again it starts immediately like nothing happened. I took it to a mechanic and he cleaned my throttle body, the engine stalling stopped for about 2 months after cleaning the throttle body.

This issue (engine stalling) while driving started again just yesterday. I really don't know what could be causing this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mammanbawa: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
Raphael007:

Thanks boss I just tried it and it worked like you said my son obviously messed with it.

Enjoy boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LaurelP(m): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hello experts in the house. My Toyota camry 09 is having problems starting after some time being off, especially in the morning. Takes at least 7 trials before starting. The exhaust shakes too while trying to start it.
What could be wrong?
@radautoworks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
Please I am aware that most mechanics on the island ( Lekki,Ikoyi, Vi and ajah) really don't know what they are doing. I live in Ajah here in Lagos.

The only mechanic I trust is on the mainland his name is Gazzuzz but he doesn't like handling clients from the island . due to reasons best known to him.

Please who can recommend any very competent mechanic on the island for me even down to ajah Please I don't need all those over packaged ones ooohh.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mammanbawa: 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
obidevine:
Please I am aware that most mechanics on the island ( Lekki,Ikoyi, Vi and ajah) really don't know what they are doing. I live in Ajah here in Lagos.

The only mechanic I trust is on the mainland his name is Gazzuzz but he doesn't like handling clients from the island . due to reasons best known to him.

Please who can recommend any very competent mechanic on the island for me even down to ajah Please I don't need all those over packaged ones ooohh.

Lejeun3
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Interesting smiley

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BamBamK: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2021
grin grin grin
radautoworks:
Interesting smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DonnyE(m): 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

There is a leak. It is visible, start with water pump
The coolant/water drying has considerably stopped after using high pressure water to wash the radiator and AC condenser. I am still monitoring though. Still no leaks, no dryness of water in the reservoir tank
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HottieCoach(f): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
For your engine to always be in good shape, you need to always replace damaged parts with quality parts and this is a service we provide.

Buy Car Parts on Ebay through us and get the best.

Our vehicles are very important and to avoid accidents, maintenance should be done as regularly as possible. Let us ship you original parts for a smooth cruise.

https://www.nairaland.com/6491031/preorder-vehicle-parts-tools-much

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 7:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
HottieCoach:
For your engine to always be in good shape, you need to always replace damaged parts with quality parts and this is a service we provide.

Buy Car Parts on Ebay through us and get the best.

Our vehicles are very important and to avoid accidents, maintenance should be done as regularly as possible. Let us ship you original parts for a smooth cruise.

https://www.nairaland.com/6491031/preorder-vehicle-parts-tools-much

Nice

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ssppen: 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
Numberz:

This is one month after I changed the ABS module and the car is driving smooth...I appreciate you Sir!
Please how much did you get yours? Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Debosneh31(m): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2021
Just scanned My 09 Camry i4 and got these codes. Help please

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Debosneh31:
Just scanned My 09 Camry i4 and got these codes. Help please

Replace the 02 sensor Under the car after confirming it is defective .

O2 sensor B1S2

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Apr 22, 2021
samuelson06:
My Ford focus 2009 tire pressure sensor fault warning won't go away even after tyre gauging, wheel balancing and alignment.

plug in a scan tool and check live data.

You will see the defective sensor, then you can replace and reprogram

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SteveUg(m): 8:37am On Apr 22, 2021
Goodmorning chief gazzuzz and other great engineers in this forum . Please I have a mercedez Benz c230 Kompressor (2004 model) with 271 i4 engine.
Car doesn’t start, sound like no compression when u crank the car . I got it scanned the are the codes I got : p0365- camshaft position "B" circuit bank 1
2:p0128: coolant thermostat ( coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature ) .
Note: these two codes are the current codes when the car was scanned. I list the pending codes below:
1: the two current codes showed up on the pending codes follow by these other codes; p0335- crankshaft position circuit "a”
P0336- crankshaft position circuit “A” Range/performance
Please could be the causes of the codes and what’s the procedure of repair
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39am On Apr 22, 2021
SteveUg:
Goodmorning chief gazzuzz and other great engineers in this forum . Please I have a mercedez Benz c230 Kompressor (2004 model) with 271 i4 engine.
Car doesn’t start, sound like no compression when u crank the car . I got it scanned the are the codes I got : p0365- camshaft position "B" circuit bank 1
2:p0128: coolant thermostat ( coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature ) .
Note: these two codes are the current codes when the car was scanned. I list the pending codes below:
1: the two current codes showed up on the pending codes follow by these other codes; p0335- crankshaft position circuit "a”
P0336- crankshaft position circuit “A” Range/performance
Please could be the causes of the codes and what’s the procedure of repair

Timing chain snapped
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2021
Grupo:

Since the show is over temporarily, can I ask a question here about my car that brings out little blue smoke on first start in the morning?

I had to switch from Mobil semi synthetic 5W 30 to Mobil 20W 50 hoping it would solve the issue. But the issue has persistent.

What do you suggest I do at this point?

Car has a name?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 8:45am On Apr 22, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Car has a name?

Toyota corolla 2007.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57am On Apr 22, 2021
Grupo:

Toyota corolla 2007.

Check PCV and valve stem seals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Macmilla(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.