Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919292 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
diportivo:

guy

how can you be educationally sound and savagely astute in the same post??

just how?? grin

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmyN(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
Prymestrr:

Ok...you didn't answer my question tho.

I don't think you should worry about the tensioner.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by honsule(m): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
iliyande:

Please just de use your car like that

Okay. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Popefrizzy: 5:01am On Nov 24, 2021
How to Remove Car Odor: A Step-by-Step Guide

The following are the fundamental procedures for removing car odor:

Eliminate the Source of the Odor

If you notice an unpleasant stench emanating from your vehicle, search for a likely source. Examine the floor of your car for anything that can emit an odor, such as clothing, spills, or food. Conduct a visual inspection beneath the seats, between the seats, in any compartments or cup holders, and in the trunk. Food scraps or dust that have accumulated on your carpeting could be the source of the problem. With the doormats removed, now is the time to thoroughly clean them with a carpet cleaner or wash-n-vac powder

In other instances, the seats may need to be removed in order to gain access to those difficult-to-reach areas. If your car has airbags or other sensors, it’s usually a good idea to have this performed by a professional. The majority of scents are absorbed by the inner fabric. You can utilize the upholstery attachment on your vacuum to aid you in cleaning properly.

Learn More at https://www.urcartips.com/how-to/get-rid-of-car-odor/
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lapazi(m): 11:20am On Nov 25, 2021
Heyy guys,
Pls I need help with a small issue that is actually irritating- the tire pressure light on my Honda Accord 2015 has refused to turn off,
I have recalibrated- i don tire, follow all the tricks in the book

who can assist me or point me to a sure honda rewire make e scan am for me?

cc: gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2021
lapazi:
Heyy guys,
Pls I need help with a small issue that is actually irritating- the tire pressure light on my Honda Accord 2015 has refused to turn off,

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
lapazi:
Heyy guys,

Same problem here but I've stopped disturbing myself about it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
Divine373:
Get Free $1000 Worth GiftCard Via These Links
/FreeGiftCardtoSpend
/FreeGiftandMasterCard36
/Freenetflixforayear

Find better work do

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
adubam:

That Kingreign too dey form big man. He phone is always off. You manage to call him he would tell you to call back you call back phone switch off.
Na lie, kingreign deh pick call well, he doesn't know me but I've spoken to him 4times now, i call him frm owerri, he saved me frm buying lemon 4 cylinder highlander.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ade95: 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
Guys please what’s the best oil for 2013 civic and what are the traditions to follow when one just buys a Tokunbo car. Thanks

Cc GAZZUZ , Kingrein
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
I used mobile 1 5w-30 instead of the semi synthetic mobile super 2000 I was using in July for my car(Toyota Camry 2005 v6), and was told I could run it for 6Months or 6k Miles before another change. I am on 4k+ miles now, but noticed since yday the maintenance required sign blinks for a few seconds everytime I start the car now.
Does this mean I should go service again?
If yes, should I stick with mobile 1 now or return to semi synthetic oil?

Also, I started hearing a humming sound from same yesterday. The used to very quiet when steaming but since yesterday there is this hum and ita kinda loud...
What should I do?

@Dru23 @GAZZUZZ @9icetoo and my other Ogas please recommend a line of action I could take... Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 5:20am On Nov 28, 2021
chrisja:
I used mobile 1 5w-30 instead of the semi synthetic mobile super 2000 I was using in July for my car(Toyota Camry 2005 v6), and was told I could run it for 6Months or 6k Miles before another change. I am on 4k+ miles now, but noticed since yday the maintenance required sign blinks for a few seconds everytime I start the car now.

Also, I started hearing a humming sound from same yesterday. The used to very quiet when steaming but since yesterday there is this hum and ita kinda loud...
What should I do?

@Dru23 @GAZZUZZ @9icetoo and my other Ogas please recommend a line of action I could take... Thanks
How long were you using the semi synthetic before switching to mobil 1?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 6:26am On Nov 28, 2021
olumzzz:

How long were you using the semi synthetic before switching to mobil 1?
About 1 year..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2021
chrisja:

What should I do?

1. Switching from semi Full synthetic to full synthetic is not a bad thing. There is no harm when doing so, as matter of fact you did no wrong.....

2. The source of ur engine oil matters . There is a lot of fake engine and adulterated oil in the market. For my uber cars when I used Mobil 1 Extended Performance I change oil every 10k miles and than now am using Super tech advance and change every 10k miles with no issues at all.

3. The humming sound could be from anything. But just to eliminate that you can change the oil and than observe the sound afterwards .

The maintenances light that is blinking might not have been reset at the start of the oil change. For example for my personal car 2011 Infiniti G25x . I set up maintenance light to pop up every 7k miles. Once it reaches 7k miles the light shows. I think yours was not reset properly .... Change the oil and see if u still hear the humming sound...
Give us a feedback once done. And remember to always buy your engine oil from a reliable source. This will help you easily eliminate issues down the line
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ade95: 8:11am On Nov 28, 2021
ade95:
Guys please what’s the best oil for 2013 civic and what are the traditions to follow when one just buys a Tokunbo car. Thanks

Cc GAZZUZ , Kingrein

Morning guys
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 9:36am On Nov 28, 2021
dru23:

1. Switching from semi Full synthetic to full synthetic is not a bad thing. There is no harm when doing so, as matter of fact you did no wrong.....

2. The source of ur engine oil matters . There is a lot of fake engine and adulterated oil in the market. For my uber cars when I used Mobil 1 Extended Performance I change oil every 10k miles and than now am using Super tech advance and change every 10k miles with no issues at all.

3. The humming sound could be from anything. But just to eliminate that you can change the oil and than observe the sound afterwards .

The maintenances light that is blinking might not have been reset at the start of the oil change. For example for my personal car 2011 Infiniti G25x . I set up maintenance light to pop up every 7k miles. Once it reaches 7k miles the light shows. I think yours was not reset properly .... Change the oil and see if u still hear the humming sound...
Give us a feedback once done. And remember to always buy your engine oil from a reliable source. This will help you easily eliminate issues down the line

OK Boss. But I was thinking of going back to the semi synthetic since it is now available, is that advisable?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2021
chrisja:

OK Boss. But I was thinking of going back to the semi synthetic since it is now available, is that advisable?

Yes u can go back ... But u will still have to change oil frequently compare to Full synthetic.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
ade95:

Morning guys
Mobil1 - 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil mobil 1,super tech, castrol etc......
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
ade95:

Cc GAZZUZ , Kingrein
Depending on the market your civic is produced for .Is it America, Europe or naija spec
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ade95: 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
autologic:

Depending on the market your civic is produced for .Is it America, Europe or naija spec

America
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ade95: 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
melviniyke2002:
Mobil1 - 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil mobil 1,super tech, castrol etc......

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
dru23:

Dru23, why do you always comment on issues you know nothing about?
How can you say switching from semi-synthetic to full synthetic isn't a bad thing?
Do you know how long he has been using the semi synthetic? Do you know the condition of his engine before he used mobil 1?
I'll advise you desist from giving advice and focus on selling what you sell
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
chrisja:

Pls do not listen to dru23.
Contact a car guru here like gazzuzz or kingreign for professional advice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
olumzzz:

How can you say switching from semi-synthetic to full synthetic isn't a bad thing?
Do you know how long he has been using the semi synthetic? Do you know the condition of his engine before he used mobil 1?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
dru23:

This is my last response to you here.
Op said he used mobil super 2000. Do you know the composition of that oyel?
You're there posting a screenshot for us from penzoil.
Dru23, you're not a mechanic.
Just sell your oil in peace.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
olumzzz:

This is my last response to you here.
Op said he used mobil super 2000. Do you know the composition of that oyel?
You're there posting a screenshot for us from penzoil.
Dru23, you're not a mechanic.
Just sell your oil in peace.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
olumzzz:

Dru23 is absolutely right. Switching from semi to full or vice verser has no effect on the engine if both are the recommended oil weight.
The only downside to semi is that they’re basically conventional oil which requires more regular oil changes and they do not provide some cleaning properties like the full synthetic blend.
I’ve switched between both severally in the past without a single issue.
A little research will go a long way.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
DukeNija:

Dru23 is absolutely right. Switching from semi to full or vice verser has no effect on the engine if both are the recommended oil weight.
The only downside to semi is that they’re basically conventional oil which requires more regular oil changes and they do not provide some cleaning properties like the full synthetic blend.
I’ve switched between both severally in the past without a single issue.
A little research will go a long way.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by diportivo: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
lol

monkey is carrying monkey to climb palm tree

sadly,I can't write that in yoruba for effect grin

e ma wa alright Las Las

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zabimaru: 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
dru23:

Baba wadup naw. E don tey oh

Dru the mad titan
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aanumi16: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
diportivo:
lol

monkey is carrying monkey to climb palm tree

sadly,I can't write that in yoruba for effect grin

e ma wa alright Las Las
Let me help you

Ọ̀bọ ngbọ̀bọ gọ̀pẹ

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.