Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919035 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2021
dru23:

I no get ur time now .. I dey very busy, once work slow down for me . I go get ur time.. I am so excited and looking for to it ........

lolzzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 11:09pm On Dec 11, 2021
dru23:

lolzzzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrinceFola(m): 6:37am On Dec 12, 2021
Praxtech:

Rebuild if you can get qualified technicians
noted with thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 7:14am On Dec 12, 2021
Good morning gurus in the house, please I want to know what could be wrong with my ES350, when I accelerate to 80mph i get this vibrations from my steering and also when I apply brakes I feel the vibration too and I just did my wheel balancing and alignment also just recently changed my brakes , I don’t know if it not done properly and I also just changed my front tires and the vehicle when I accelerate I get a feeling like it’s forcing itself to move I sense a kind of hesitation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2021
Raphael007:
Good morning gurus in the house, please I want to know what could be wrong with my ES350, when I accelerate to 80mph i get this vibrations from my steering and also when I apply brakes I feel the vibration too and I just did my wheel balancing and alignment also just recently changed my brakes , I don’t know if it not done properly and I also just changed my front tires and the vehicle when I accelerate I get a feeling like it’s forcing itself to move I sense a kind of hesitation.
Move the front tyres to the rear. If the issues persists, change your front brake discs.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2021
PrinceFola:
Please my Ogas, between cutting the craft shaft to standard of Toyota corrola (05) or buying tokunbo, which one is advisable sir's? Thanks in anticipation.

buy a crankshaft + bearings attached. It's like ₦50-60k

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On Dec 12, 2021
Raphael007:

Worn out inner CV axles+ Warped brake rotors

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Worn out inner CV axles+ Warped brake rotors
Thank you sir, I will talk to my mechanic tomorrow.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2021
9icetoo:

Move the front tyres to the rear. If the issues persists, change your front brake discs.
Okay sir. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrinceFola(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

buy a crankshaft + bearings attached. It's like ₦50-60k
Thanks so much sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2021
PrinceFola:
Thanks so much sir.

Find me , I have for sale and much more wink

No ask for number
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrinceFola(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Find me , I have for sale and much more wink

No ask for number
I think i have your digit boss...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ono(m): 11:08am On Dec 12, 2021
DukeNija:

Dru23 is absolutely right. Switching from semi to full or vice verser has no effect on the engine if both are the recommended oil weight.
The only downside to semi is that they’re basically conventional oil which requires more regular oil changes and they do not provide some cleaning properties like the full synthetic blend.
I’ve switched between both severally in the past without a single issue.
A little research will go a long way.

I use Toyota full synthetic ONLY for my 2001 Collector Edition V6 Toyota Camry. I marvel at how good the engine (1MZ-FE) performs for a 19 year old vehicle. The 5W-30 oil (written on the oil cap) is what I use since I bought the car 2 years ago. Consumes less fuel, runs smooth. I was doing 180 Km/hr along the Ore-Benin expressway last August when I went to Lagos for my Cousin's wedding. Car ran and handles very smooth -even at that high speed!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by luvinhubby(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
ono:

I use Toyota full synthetic ONLY for my 2001 Collector Edition V6 Toyota Camry. I marvel at how good the engine (1MZ-FE) performs for a 19 year old vehicle. The 5W-30 oil (written on the oil cap) is what I use since I bought the car 2 years ago. Consumes less fuel, runs smooth. I was doing 180 Km/hr along the Ore-Benin expressway last August when I went to Lagos for my Cousin's wedding. Car ran and handles very smooth -even at that high speed!

Very bad idea to do 180km/hr on any Nigerian road, remember our emergency services are virtually non-existent.

14 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ono(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
luvinhubby:

Very bad idea to do 180km/hr on any Nigerian road, remember our emergency services are virtually non-existent.

Thing is it felt like I was doing 90 - 100 km/hr with that car! For a 2001 Camry (the famous tiny big light), I couldn't believe it myself. But for the traffic in Lagos that Sunday morning, I tell you, I could have made it to PHC in 6 hours. The car was asking for it. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miee: 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
Is the Mercedes-Benz C400 a worthy drag race competitor to be put against the Mercedes E63 AMG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HynkGhaRChk

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
ono:

Thing is it felt like I was doing 90 - 100 km/hr with that car! For a 2001 Camry (the famous tiny big light), I couldn't believe it myself. But for the traffic in Lagos that Sunday morning, I tell you, I could have made it to PHC in 6 hours. The car was asking for it. grin grin grin
that car light for that speed o.well enjoy grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1stNumeroUno: 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hello bosses in the house, my Corolla 06 (manual drive) is having serious stiff gear every morning - especially gear 1&2.

When I notified my mechanic, he suggested I take it for gear oil check. Which the bay guy said it's gear oil is dry, I had to buy the 5liter gear oil but same issue persists.

Please help.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:53am On Dec 13, 2021
1stNumeroUno:
Hello bosses in the house, my Corolla 06 (manual drive) is having serious stiff gear every morning - especially gear 1&2.

When I notified my mechanic, he suggested I take it for gear oil check. Which the bay guy said it's gear oil is dry, I had to buy the 5liter gear oil but same issue persists.

Please help.

If your clutch is working properly, replace your gearbox
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Deigofortune: 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2021
Pls How much can I get honda Civic 06 engine in the market now...my got damage due too overheating, hard starting ...it brings out smoke heavily which lead to high engine oil consumption..!!
Pls how much for new engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obamaverick: 5:49am On Dec 15, 2021
Hello,
Pls why does my gear delay in shifting? If I don't rev hard and take my foot off the gas, the gear does t shift, and I believe that's not good for my engine.
This is my first automatic car as I've always used manual gears... The car is a 98 Honda CrV.
Pls what do I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chinnyonwu(m): 6:55am On Dec 15, 2021
Raphael007:

Did you raise the car? Like to get more ground clearance from the road?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2021
chinnyonwu:

Did you raise the car? Like to get more ground clearance from the road?
Yes I did that when I took delivery of the car like close to one year now was driving smoothly before just started having this issues when I changed the front tires.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
obamaverick:
Hello,
Pls why does my gear delay in shifting? If I don't rev hard and take my foot off the gas, the gear does t shift, and I believe that's not good for my engine.
This is my first automatic car as I've always used manual gears... The car is a 98 Honda CrV.
Pls what do I do?
Change gearbox and use original gear oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chinnyonwu(m): 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2021
Raphael007:

Yes I did that when I took delivery of the car like close to one year now was driving smoothly before just started having this issues when I changed the front tires.

You have your answer then..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2021
chinnyonwu:

You have your answer then..
I guess
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2021
Raphael007:

Raising your vehicles heigh, by modifying the struts causes the CV axles to wear out faster,

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:42am On Dec 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Raising your vehicles heigh, by modifying the struts causes the CV axles to wear out faster,
very true,I've experienced it.better to buy suv than raising a car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ochiske(m): 2:42am On Dec 16, 2021
Miee:
Is the Mercedes-Benz C400 a worthy drag race competitor to be put against the Mercedes E63 AMG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HynkGhaRChk

Is that really an E63 AMG? Lol

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ade95: 2:50am On Dec 16, 2021
Guys is 2011 Avalon a great buy ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Raphael007(m): 3:47am On Dec 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you after researching what you said here, I think you are on point because I don’t think my mechanic knows what to do since scanning the car it’s not detecting any fault.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joey150(m): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
Any help or ideas would help.

The key fob on a lexus rx 300 suddenly stopped working.

I had a fix done on one of the windows that wasn't winding down only to get home to discover that pressing the remote keys does nothing. I am positive that the remote battery isn't dead.

Any ideas or pointers would really help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.