Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912008 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:48am On Dec 07, 2021
stephenponti:
Please who bought 10 pin v6 gear for sienna recently i need this back cover plate from your old gear. Quote me if you have. 080two0399517
please.
GAZZUZZ

Available

It is not free o

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by stephenponti(m): 2:55pm On Dec 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Available

It is not free o
Please sir Let me have the gear back plate.
@the amount I offered. pls help!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by safsoorg: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
autologic:

Let me be sincere with you, using codes to do literary interpretation doesn't apply for most fault , that is why I will always advice against it, cos you can be led astray easily if it alway based on changing parts based on what code are getting cos it always end up as waste of money .
.The best way to fix issue is to get full understanding on how the systems works and the signaling process that takes place which is the skillset of a qualified professionals technician that is equipped with diverse testing method to handle issues as compared to a diyer or those road side kazeems already calling brainbox or gearbox shocked , just unfortunate that our local refuse to upgrade angry (story for another day)
So I will advice you to seek physical help not remote of a good technician that really knows his onion to do further physical troubleshooting to see beyond the codes you are getting which is affecting the cars.
Thanks, bro.
Is there one you can recommend around the Ikeja axis?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
My gear selector cable is bad. How much does it cost please?

It's like my mechanic wants to swindle me.

The car is Honda Accord DC 2007.

Kindly help me with the price....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
Originakalokalo:

My gear selector cable is bad. How much does it cost please?

It's like my mechanic wants to swindle me.

The car is Honda Accord DC 2007.

Kindly help me with the price....

cc @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slimmoney(m): 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
evening sir gazzuzz, please my ac compressor is seriously leaking at the shaft seal, it still works but doesn't retain gas more than 1 day so i intend replacing it, do i need to replace the condenser or it only requires flushing?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Michaeltoss: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2021
Toyota Corolla 2008 Odometer Shows 0 as seen on the photo attached, please is there any solution to this? As this is a car I'm about to buy I did a vin check the last milage is about 154000.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:38am On Dec 09, 2021
slimmoney:
evening sir gazzuzz, please my ac compressor is seriously leaking at the shaft seal , it still works but doesn't retain gas more than 1 day so i intend replacing it, do i need to replace the condenser or it only requires flushing?

Replace the seal.

Lubricate the compressor, flush the system, replace the dryer Filter, recharge the system, use the car.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:40am On Dec 09, 2021
Michaeltoss:
Toyota Corolla 2008 Odometer Shows 0 as seen on the photo attached, please is there any solution to this? As this is a car I'm about to buy I did a vin check the last milage is about 154000.

Rollback , has gone wrong grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:35am On Dec 09, 2021
Michaeltoss:

Na brand new (torn leather) oya start driving from here to South Africa and back. The mileage go high. grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 8:03am On Dec 09, 2021
Michaeltoss:

Rollback gone wrong. You know the mileage. When was it shipped? Make sure it hasn't been registered before, used and put back for sale as toks. If all else checks out, buy the bloody car. It's more than 12 years old so you shouldn't expect the mileage to be low.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olusola2bello: 8:08am On Dec 09, 2021
Good morning bosses. Got a tokunbo camry 2005 a earlier this year. Serviced it twice bow with hardex 5w30 full synthetic but i notice d sound is much louder now. Please can i switch to Mobil 2000 5w30 semi synthetic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Winnerly: 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Rollback , has gone wrong grin

Hi Gazzuz. Please my 2013 avalon has bad transmission when in reverse. Any idea what to do and how much is the gear box? Is it 13 or 10pin please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Winnerly:

Hi Gazzuz. Please my 2013 avalon has bad transmission when in reverse. Any idea what to do and how much is the gear box? Is it 13 or 10pin please?

22pin.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Winnerly:

Replace Transmission, call for pricing
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
kingreign:

22pin.

That gear de play with 6digits now wink

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

That gear de play with 6digits now wink
950k-1m now... grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
kingreign:

950k-1m now... grin
It's alright. It's alright. It's alright. Bia chinedu, tell okwudili to return that 22pin. I no sell again. I get customer here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k2kay(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2021
Some one pls help before my village people finally succeed on this car, I drive a 2005 Honda Accord. The problem is I remove the battery whenever travelling to places in which the roads are quite bad. When I return and start fixing the battery, the car attempts to and sometimes start on its own with the key in my pocket! What could warrant this
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by pejuakinab: 7:00am On Dec 11, 2021
k2kay:
Some one pls help before my village people finally succeed on this car, I drive a 2005 Honda Accord. The problem is I remove the battery whenever travelling to places in which the roads are quite bad. When I return and start fixing the battery, the car attempts to and sometimes start on its own with the key in my pocket! What could warrant this
You have said it all, appease the village people asap
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by YeyeBoyfriend: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2021
k2kay:
that's a rewire issue, some wires connected to the battery terminal are touching each other, same happened to me too, same car model, call a rewire and have it checked.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aluluwan(m): 9:26am On Dec 11, 2021
Please house i need help, my solara has the brake light indicates it on, on the dashboard my rewire took everything out and was still unable to fix it now my temperature, fuel guage, rev meter and speedometer are all malfunctioning please how can i rectify this issue
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k2kay(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2021
YeyeBoyfriend:
that's a rewire issue, some wires connected to the battery terminal are touching each other, same happened to me too, same car model, call a rewire and have it checked.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k2kay(m): 10:26am On Dec 11, 2021
pejuakinab:

You have said it all, appease the village people asap
My brother, times are hard so these village ppl should take it easy on my car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Opynion: 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I wi assume the engine is a camry with a 4cylinder engine made in kentucky USA.

You will have to replace the piston rings and the piston along side because it has a defective design from production. You will have to import the parts if you want to do this properly.

Thank you and Please how much trouble am i into here?

These factory error is it applicable to all 4 cylinder camry of that model?

Pls provide link where i can import geniue part.

Thank you for your effort.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrinceFola(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
Please my Ogas, between cutting the craft shaft to standard of Toyota corrola (05) or buying tokunbo, which one is advisable sir's? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Praxtech: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2021
PrinceFola:
Please my Ogas, between cutting the craft shaft to standard of Toyota corrola (05) or buying tokunbo, wh.ich one is advisable sir's? Thanks in anticipation.
Rebuild if you can get qualified technicians
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2021
dru23:

Sir , how do u source for ur parts. Do u import them directly ? Or do you go to ladipo to buy them? And for ur oyel do import them or u are just a middle man . are you ASE certify ? Or na road side training u get

chai e pain me say I missed this war
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2021
dru23:

Don't mind me joor .. Na so so questions I wan ask the man . my list dey plenty .. It full everywhere .... ....

My pettiness will soon start with him. I just pray say make dey no ban me for cartalk . I made peace with people for Auto and business section.....

Cartalk Cabals &co .... Dru23 is here for the vawlance

Omo see heavy weight warfare
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2021
Praxtech:

Rebuild if you can get qualified technicians
toks

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.