Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915032 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:14am On Feb 25, 2022
Bobxin:
Between Toyota Camry 2006 & Toyota Matrix 2006 which is best for UBER BUSINESS?

Same car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:15am On Feb 25, 2022
Hajiuche:
Please I noticed my car Honda civic 04 would just go off when I'm driving would have to call an electrician around to do it 2 days it would give me the Same problem..so I contacted this electrician and he went to look for the root cause..he told me I have to change the whole fuse box..so please I want to know how much is the fuse box and is it the cause of my radio not working...

Replace fusebox
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 9:14am On Feb 25, 2022
Good morning gurus in the house,

The Toyota corolla 2010 was bashed into a wall while trying to reverse the car and I need to have it fixed. I am presently in Kaduna. My issues are as follows:

1) Can anyone help me with the contact of a good panel beater and painter in Kaduna to do a perfect job
2) The car catalytic converter (indomie) is intact and I am worried that it may be stolen while the vehicle is being repaired. As a precaution, I am considering having the entire silencer removed and brought home while the car is undergoing repair.
3) What are the precautions and steps I need to take to get a good job done
Thanks so much.

Cc:
GAZZUZZ
dru23
Structuralman
Conner44
jceesquare

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ebab(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2022
matrix 2006 is better sir

Bobxin:
Between Toyota Camry 2006 & Toyota Matrix 2006 which is best for UBER BUSINESS?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 11:27am On Feb 25, 2022
HilcomTech:

The Toyota corolla 2010 was bashed into a wall while trying to reverse the car and I need to have it fixed. I am presently in Kaduna. My issues are as follows:

1) Can anyone help me with the contact of a good panel beater and painter in Kaduna to do a perfect job
2) The car catalytic converter (indomie) is intact and I am worried that it may be stolen while the vehicle is being repaired. As a precaution, I am considering having the entire silencer removed and brought home while the car is undergoing repair.
Thanks so much.

Cc:
GAZZUZZ
dru23
Structuralman
Conner44
jceesquare

1. I am not on Kaduna so I can't give any recommendations.
2. Ok good idea but you need to factor in the cost of removing and fixing the silencer.
You can also show the mechanic the indomie and warn him that you will take police action if it goes missing.
3. Just get a competent painter/panel beater and mechanic. Also show up at the workshop unannounced and spend time there.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Olonisakinibile(f): 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hello house
Hello everyone.

Which is d recommended coolant for camry 07/08. I have been using the car without a coolant, been seeing the importance of a coolant in a car. How often do i change it?

cc Gazzuzz
cc Nurey
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
Olonisakinibile:
Hello house
Hello everyone.

Which is d recommended coolant for camry 07/08. I have been using the car without a coolant, been seeing the importance of a coolant in a car. How often do i change it?

Toyota longlife coolant

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
HilcomTech:

Thanks so much.

Take it to a reputable shop to get it fixed. It will save you all the stress.

Also visually observe the entire exhaust system with a before and after shot to compare.

While picking up the car, take note of the exhaust sound for difference.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Olonisakinibile:
Hello house
Hello everyone.

cc Gazzuzz
cc Nurey

Toyota long life premixed

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Olonisakinibile(f): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
God bless you

GAZZUZZ:

Toyota long life premixed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Olonisakinibile(f): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
Thanks a lot.

God bless

nurey:

Toyota longlife coolant
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
jceesquare:

Take it to a reputable shop to get it fixed. It will save you all the stress.

Also visually observe the entire exhaust system with a before and after shot to compare.

While picking up the car, take note of the exhaust sound for difference.

Thanks so much for the advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
Structuralman:

1. I am not on Kaduna so I can't give any recommendations.
2. Ok good idea but you need to factor in the cost of removing and fixing the silencer.
You can also show the mechanic the indomie and warn him that you will take police action if it goes missing.
3. Just get a competent painter/panel beater and mechanic. Also show up at the workshop unannounced and spend time there.

Thanks so much.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by domin8(f): 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2022
Further update the check engine light is off!!! The car is now driving normally without stuttering or issues. Hallelujah!! smiley

However, I scanned and the error code still shows and I tried clearing but it didn't clear. Hope all is well sha?

domin8:

An update. Couldn't locate the injector as it seems it way inside and I don't have the technicality to start what I can not finish.

However, started the car today, and drove it for some minutes several times round the block up till Gear 4 without any stutter or lag. Tried to clear the code with the scanner but it isn't clearing which makes we wonder if the issue has resolved itself by the car sitting to dry.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
Please I need spark plugs for Honda Accord 2007.

Also shocks.

What's the price?

Cc:

GAZZUZZ
dru23
Structuralman
Conner44
jceesquare
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 11:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
domin8:

An update. Couldn't locate the injector as it seems it way inside and I don't have the technicality to start what I can not finish.

Wisdom.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 11:38pm On Feb 27, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Please I need spark plugs for Honda Accord 2007.

Also shocks.

Contact Luvinhubby here on Nairaland. You can get his phone number from his signature, or else meet him at oyinbo. He sells original Honda parts.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 6:41am On Feb 28, 2022
Structuralman:

Contact Luvinhubby here on Nairaland. You can get his phone number from his signature, or else meet him at oyinbo. He sells original Honda parts.

Thank you. I stay in Abuja.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 7:01am On Feb 28, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Thank you. I stay in Abuja.

He does same-day delivery... I stay in Abuja also, i buy all my spare parts for my accord 2008 from him...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 7:50am On Feb 28, 2022
mashnino:

He does same-day delivery... I stay in Abuja also, i buy all my spare parts for my accord 2008 from him...

Okay.
Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hupo: 7:58am On Feb 28, 2022
Good morning All, The battery warning Sign keep appearing and disappearing on my dash ( 2008 lexus rx350), it’s been 3 days it all started. What could be the possible cause? Thank you all and do have a great week ahead.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 8:46am On Feb 28, 2022
hupo:
Good morning All, The battery warning Sign keep appearing and disappearing on my dash ( 2008 lexus rx350), it’s been 3 days it all started. What could be the possible cause? Thank you all and do have a great week ahead.
Charging system issue ,and if not taken asap, your battery will soon run down

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hupo: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2022
Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Burchester: 8:50am On Feb 28, 2022
@GAZZUZZ

Please how do I diagnosed this codes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59am On Feb 28, 2022
Burchester:
@GAZZUZZ

Please how do I diagnosed this codes

Message WhatsApp

Free remote consultancy ends in 12hrs for this fault .

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2022
mashnino:

Is he to be trusted?

I am getting shocks and plugs from him...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:36am On Feb 28, 2022
Structuralman:

Is he to be trusted?

I am getting shocks and plugs from him....

Will I get value for money?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 9:37am On Feb 28, 2022
hupo:

Last time I had similar issues, turned out to be the alternator.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Is he to be trusted?

I am getting shocks and plugs from him...

So far so good i have done transactions with more than 400k

and i have never complained about anything i bought from him

you can sha do your own research... but for me i trust his parts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 10:14am On Feb 28, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Is he to be trusted?

I am getting shocks and plugs from him....

Will I get value for money?

With respect to the parts and the quality, you have no problem with luvinhubby.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:18am On Feb 28, 2022
davessales039:

With respect to the parts and the quality, you have no problem with luvinhubby.

Okay.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by markpenk: 10:57am On Feb 28, 2022
Good morning. I have an 09 accord that's been stressing me out. It does the following:

1. Vibrates/shakes during acceleration --usually between 20&40kmph. Runs smoothly after the 40kmph mark. Please note: I've changed the cv axles for both driver and passenger sides and replaced engine mounts.

2. Struggles to start during the first try in the morning. Sometimes it doesn't particularly if I haven't driven it in 2 days. But it typically starts on the second try and starts smoothly afterwards throughout the day. Please note: I already changed the fuel pump 2x (second be time after buying bad fuel from an nnpc station)

3. Has significant vibration when I depress the brakes. Please note: I already replaced brake discs (both discs at the front) a while ago

4. Car feels like the tires are bouncing when I'm driving. All tires are gauged (225/65/16) to 35 psi. I've had vulcanizers look at the tires and they're in good condition --no uneven wear

Can you cartalk gurus pls help with the diagnosis? I'd really appreciate it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: femarse and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.