Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (916384 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 12:09am On Feb 19, 2022
DGreatACO:

Would you recommend 20w50 (Mobil xhp 1000 ) for a toyota rav4 2009 model and if yes what should be the maxumum mileage between oil change?

Bro you wan kill that car with akamu oyel

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by domin8(f): 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
Good morning great people, some days ago my car a Peugeot 5008 came up with an Engine Fault and ESC warning after driving it accidently through some water on the motorway at about 60mph (96kmh). Almost immediately, I lost power and it started to struggle till I brought it to a halt.

It starts up fine but it struggles to gain power. I have done a scan myself and it shows up a P0265 code. (something about Injector 2 circuit high).

Would appreciate some pointers on how I can resolve it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
domin8:
Good morning great people, some days ago my car a Peugeot 5008 came up with an Engine Fault and ESC warning after driving it accidently through some water on the motorway at about 60mph (96kmh). Almost immediately, I lost power and it started to struggle till I brought it to a halt.

It starts up fine but it struggles to gain power. I have done a scan myself and it shows up a P0265 code. (something about Injector 2 circuit high).

Would appreciate some pointers on how I can resolve it.

Thanks.

Very simple.

Reconnect socket on injector 2.

Hopefully it's not an ecu related issue.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by domin8(f): 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
Thanks, boss. I'll try that and revert with the outcome.

GAZZUZZ:

Very simple.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dongc(m): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aieromon(m): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
dongc:
Please where can one get replacement remote like this below.any idea anyone ? Renault laguna

AliExpress is your best bet

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM57u9a
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dongc(m): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2022
aieromon:

AliExpress is your best bet

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM57u9a

I guess I have go with it..wanted to avoid the hassle of importation and dealing with customs and all that comes with it.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nairacountry(m): 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6994691/caveat-emptor-before-giving-money

Oga me I hail oooo. Permit me to post this link here @Gazzuzz

Guys, beware of this fraudulent company. Learn from my experience. All evidence included.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Assimajoy: 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hello guys,

I'm working on a market research for school and I would be grateful if you could use 15 minutes of your time to fill out this survey.
Here's the link below
https://forms.gle/4N3Xq3bJzVMxKb5j7
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by domin8(f): 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Very simple.

An update. Couldn't locate the injector as it seems it way inside and I don't have the technicality to start what I can not finish.

However, started the car today, and drove it for some minutes several times round the block up till Gear 4 without any stutter or lag. Tried to clear the code with the scanner but it isn't clearing which makes we wonder if the issue has resolved itself by the car sitting to dry.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autonaero(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2022
How to Daily Maintain Your Toyota Car on Nigerian Road

1. Check the pressure of your tires before traveling. Gauge them when needed.
2. Regularly check the engine oil level of your Toyota car. Do change the oil filter during every oil change.
3. Observe the level of the engine radiator coolant every morning. Refill when required.
4. Ensure the level of the brake fluid and transmission oil has not gone down.
5. It is often advised that you do not speed up immediately you start the car. This is necessary in order to allow the car fluids to circulate before active motion.

My goal is to help you maintain your car in its optimum state.
Follow this page for more more Updates coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Engine is burning oil.

Could be a case of fake oil, or engine just plain old engine wear and tear in which case we back to where we started

Sir Gaza’s, Please are any of these an original Mobil oil or fake

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 11:58am On Feb 21, 2022
Good day to everyone, please I want to know the duration it require to change the oil of a car , especially when using Mobil 1 SAW 5w-30 , my mechanics said every month but going with the situation of the country , that’s a lot of on the high side , note he claimed the oil get black after a month of usage but none of the oil have any dirty inside , just the change of color to more black
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
ReformerD:

Sir Gaza’s, Please are any of these an original Mobil oil or fake

I cannot tell remotely.

There's more fake in the market than original now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 12:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

I cannot tell remotely.

There's more fake in the market than original now.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
ReformerD:
Good day to everyone, please I want to know the duration it require to change the oil of a car , especially when using Mobil 1 SAW 5w-30 , my mechanics said every month but going with the situation of the country , that’s a lot of on the high side , note he claimed the oil get black after a month of usage but none of the oil have any dirty inside , just the change of color to more black
I'd recommend you change at about 8,000km or 5,000 miles with a filter that can last up to 10,000km.
The darkened colour is the oils detergent doing it's cleaning work in the engine.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bonjovi13: 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
Gazzuz and other top tier mechs, Greetings,
Kindly help me out.
My Toyota Camry 2013 SE makes this noise from the serpentine belt area.
I have changed the belt, adjuster pulley,no change.
It starts making this noise anytime I switch on the AC especially on idle.
Attached is a recording of the noise.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Bonjovi13:
Gazzuz and other top tier mechs, Greetings,
Kindly help me out.
My Toyota Camry 2013 SE makes this noise from the serpentine belt area.
I have changed the belt, adjuster pulley,no change.
It starts making this noise anytime I switch on the AC especially on idle.
Attached is a recording of the noise.

Do you have the stock compressor installed? Post a picture of what is there
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:50am On Feb 22, 2022
mashnino:

[s]he is talking about speed...

Imagine driving benz almost your life and then switching to a toyota...[/s]

Another trashy comment.

FYI, a lot of Benz are very underpowered and a lot of Toyotas have more than enough power than they actually ought to have.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2022
Good day Oga Gazzuzz and Kingreign please I have this codes on 2006 Toyota Camry i4
P2300
B1001
C0024
P1043
What are the steps to take to repair the faults.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bonjovi13: 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Do you have the stock compressor installed? Post a picture of what is there

Thanks for your response Sir Gazzuz

I installed a manual compressor when the custom compressor got bad.
I will take a picture as soon as I leave my office.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
Bonjovi13:

Thanks for your response Sir Gazzuz

I installed a manual compressor when the custom compressor got bad.
I will take a picture as soon as I leave my office.

Compressor is not sitting properly. Have it realigned by a smart technician .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Millyyyyy: 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.

Got a Honda CR-V 2008 recently. It’s my first car and I’m movie, made a terrible rookie mistake of trusting a friend and not going with a mechanic for checks. Anyways, lesson learned, we move.

Recently, I noticed that while on the highway and I ply a rough road or bump, the car loses power and would refused to accelerate until I park and restart. It has happened over 5 times.

Had a Rewire scan it today because I recently changed the fuel pump thinking that would solve the problem.

Here are the codes below, they are a lot. I don’t know if some of the codes have been resolved and just need clearing. But I’m very particular about the losing power issues mid speed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bonjovi13: 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Compressor is not sitting properly. Have it realigned by a smart technician .

Really? Okay. Here are pictures of the compressor.
Is there any thing(s) they should be particular about in the realignment?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jollos(m): 10:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
Our gurus pls I need help.

My Pathfinder want to kill me. Just today alone I changed 4 fuel pump. Once rewire put new pump the car will accelerate well but after like 10 minutes it will do as if there is no fuel and off. Once I start the car again it will repeat the same process. Sometimes it won't work more than 5 minutes before it off. From what I noticed the return pipe on top of the engine was just spitting fuel, not rushing.

I was told the last fuel pump I bought is the best, the issue still persist, the only improvement now is the return pipe now Flow. Well. But problem persist.

Pls I need help on what to do.

I don't want to become mechanic friend.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45am On Feb 23, 2022
Millyyyyy:
Good afternoon everyone.

Got a Honda CR-V 2008 recently. It’s my first car and I’m movie, made a terrible rookie mistake of trusting a friend and not going with a mechanic for checks. Anyways, lesson learned, we move.

Recently, I noticed that while on the highway and I ply a rough road or bump, the car loses power and would refused to accelerate until I park and restart. It has happened over 5 times.

Had a Rewire scan it today because I recently changed the fuel pump thinking that would solve the problem.

Here are the codes below, they are a lot. I don’t know if some of the codes have been resolved and just need clearing. But I’m very particular about the losing power issues mid speed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

loose Electrical conntions

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ReformerD: 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
jceesquare:

I'd recommend you change at about 8,000km or 5,000 miles with a filter that can last up to 10,000km.
The darkened colour is the oils detergent doing it's cleaning work in the engine.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BwalaMarama: 11:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
Urgent advice is needed please. My Corolla S 08 is slow in picking up or during acceleration (RPM would be high with no commensurated speed). Sometimes I would have to pumped the gas pedal (accelerator) before I could get more power/speed. The doesn't mostly start on kick even after driving for about 30min in a hot afternoon. Each morning start follows with a loud rattling sound and sometimes even on motion while accelerating.

I have changed serpentine belt tensioner and cold start sensor but the rattling sound and the cold start did not stop. I've searched online got some information that "changing of camshaft intake sprocket" can solve the problem. Please if it's true, where can I get an OEM replacement? Which one is better, new or toks?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EdmundDantes(m): 11:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
The ac of 2006 toyota rav4 brings out white particles for about 4 minutes after first start of the day. What could be the cause and how can it be resolved? Thanks.

Gazzuzz and all the gurus, your help is kindly needed.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EdmundDantes(m): 11:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
EdmundDantes:
The ac of 2006 toyota rav4 brings out white particles for about 4 minutes after first start of the day. What could be the cause and how can it be resolved? Thanks.

Gazzuzz and all the gurus, your help is kindly needed.

One other thing, the car intermittently fails to start. When I turn the key, the engine does not crank (dead silence). I have to wait for 2 or 3 minutes before starting it and it immediately starts without hesitation. This behaviour can occur at any time. I might drive for a week without it occurring. No code on the scanner. I use techstream and some others to scan.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hajiuche: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2022
Please I noticed my car Honda civic 04 would just go off when I'm driving would have to call an electrician around to do it 2 days it would give me the Same problem..so I contacted this electrician and he went to look for the root cause..he told me I have to change the whole fuse box..so please I want to know how much is the fuse box and is it the cause of my radio not working...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bobxin: 12:20am On Feb 25, 2022
Between Toyota Camry 2006 & Toyota Matrix 2006 which is best for UBER BUSINESS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.