Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913339 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ekeoma3650:
Hi guys, my car Toyota Camry 04 V4 , My issue is that the car do over heat when I speed from 80 upwards and whenever I ON AC, but when am in stand still traffic even for two hours, it won't over heat but once I speed off , the temperature will be raising and if I slow down it will also be going down.

This also happens when I ON my AC. The engine sound normal.

Just the over heat when I speed from 80km and when I ON my AC. The temperature will increase..

When I open bonnet to check, water will be boiling at the water reserve ( asin the water from radiator will be going back to water reserve and it will be boiling )
Have you checked your radiator? It might be dirty and not containing enough water. What type of water do you put in your radiator?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2023
Peppermintflav:

Have you checked your radiator? It might be dirty and not containing enough water. What type of water do you put in your radiator?
Which type do you recommend? Aquafina, Ragolis or pure water? angry

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by boxypane(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2023
Peppermintflav:

Better coolant than water.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ekeoma3650:
Hi guys, my car Toyota Camry 04 V4 , My issue is that the car do over heat when I speed from 80 upwards and whenever I ON AC, but when am in stand still traffic even for two hours, it won't over heat but once I speed off , the temperature will be raising and if I slow down it will also be going down.

Just the over heat when I speed from 80km and when I ON my AC. The temperature will increase..

When I open bonnet to check, water will be boiling at the water reserve ( asin the water from radiator will be going back to water reserve and it will be boiling )

Google Strip head bolts 2AZ.

Read and understand
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Went to repaint a scratch on my cars bumper and I witnessed this panel beater stealing fuel from a customer's car angry

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 0Cisa(m): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2023
Thanks for the help. Sorted the MAF.

Now this codes are still there. camry 2011

GAZZUZZ:

Not regular codes to find on the computer of a Toyota.

Try another airflow meter .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
0Cisa:
Thanks for the help. Sorted the MAF.

Now this codes are still there. camry 2011

Replace MAF again
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 5:23am On Mar 16, 2023
Kingdemu:
Went to repaint a scratch on my cars bumper and I witnessed this panel beater stealing fuel from a customer's car angry

What of if the fuel is to wash the shaft of the car or to clean transmission filter of the vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 8:06am On Mar 16, 2023
nurey:

What of if the fuel is to wash the shaft of the car or to clean transmission filter of the vehicle?
are those two things you listed the work of a panel beater

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:27am On Mar 16, 2023
Mcdreamy15:
are those two things you listed the work of a panel beater

Is fuel not used to mix gloss paint? grin

Also the mechanic could probably send the panel beater to help him draw fuel for further work
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 10:28am On Mar 16, 2023
Ekeoma3650:

That's my issue, I thought when gasket is bad, it will allow water to mix with oil. But water and oil are not mixing together and the engine sounds normal.

If the gasket is that bad, e for don stop on top bridge as I go to work everyday with the car to VI.
The bolded is not always the case. Oil and water would only mix if the gasket got bad around the oil and water passage point. The best way to test for a gasket leak is to check for presence of combustion gas in the coolant.
As suggested earlier, run a pressure test on your cooling system (including your radiator cap). But I strongly believe you water pump is the culprit cos your fault description looks that of insufficient water flow on high engine demand.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 10:30am On Mar 16, 2023
Grupo:

If you top up water that often, the likely culprit is your gasket.

N.b. I no be mechanic o
Not true. Leaks would also make you top water.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ekeoma3650:

Once had same issue with same car.
I bought a new radiator
Filled with coolant and little water
New fan that blows like Benz fan🤣
Now even in the hotest weather no over heating.... I use Ac always and that's why I haven't sold the car... It's getting to a year plus I did this and no single issues even during the hotest of weather
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
nurey:

Is fuel not used to mix gloss paint? grin

Also the mechanic could probably send the panel beater to help him draw fuel for further work
grin grin this man, you just dey wine me grin you say for further work grin i would rather give them money to buy the few litres they need. Make them no touch my tank or fuel hose.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigyusluv: 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
Good day, I think my AC gas is low, during afternoon it’s not like chilling like before I will be sweating badly, but at night it’s very cold, can you recommend a good gas refill product , pls my car Lexus es350

Thank you boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2023
Bigyusluv:
Good day, I think my AC gas is low, during afternoon it’s not like chilling like before I will be sweating badly, but at night it’s very cold, can you recommend a good gas refill product , pls my car Lexus es350

Thank you boss

It your gas is truly low, it means there's a likely leak in your ac system.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 6:29am On Mar 17, 2023
Bigyusluv:

Thank you boss
before you do anything gas, have the cabin filter checked. Ẹ dey behind the "safe".
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2023
Oga gazzuzz goodevening sir, pls i have an issue....i was driving today and my car threw up check engine light, i scanned and got the following code P0607

My car model is camry 2010/2011

Pls oga gazzuzz, what do i do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2023
Kanshi1:
Oga gazzuzz goodevening sir, pls i have an issue....i was driving today and my car threw up check engine light, i scanned and got the following code P0607

Was that the only code?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2023
Yes oga gazzuzz

GAZZUZZ:

Was that the only code?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dare01: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good afternoon nairalander, I have a 2012 camry Se v6 which transmission oil brand is the best. Please could you recommend one for a first change.

GuZzuzz nurey ND other big cars fan
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
dare01:
Good afternoon nairalander, I have a 2012 camry Se v6 which transmission oil brand is the best. Please could you recommend one for a first change.

Toyota WS for the 6speed automatic for both 4cylinder and 6cylinder engines
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dare01: 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
nurey:

Toyota WS for the 6speed automatic for both 4cylinder and 6cylinder engines

This right

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
dare01:

This right

Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dare01: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
nurey:

Yes

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2023
dare01:

This right
how much is this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by celestial1: 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good day guru in the house, my highlander 2005 steering rank was leaked but it's soft and working fine,I take it to power steering mechanic to repair steering rank but to my surprise the power steering pump didn't pump again and steering is stiff then he told me I have to buy steering pump and I did he fix it steering still stiff,he return the pump and bring another one he fix it still stiff,I don't know what to do,I have been going to his office over 4days now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:09am On Mar 19, 2023
celestial1:
Good day guru in the house, my highlander 2005 steering rank was leaked but it's soft and working fine,I take it to power steering mechanic to repair steering rank but to my surprise the power steering pump didn't pump again and steering is stiff then he told me I have to buy steering pump and I did he fix it steering still stiff,he return the pump and bring another one he fix it still stiff,I don't know what to do,I have been going to his office over 4days now

What you have here is poor diagnosis leading to a lot of guess work.

A functional steering pump can easily be tested by hand using ps steering oil before installing in a vehicle . While you will be unable to decipher how much pressure it will produce, you will have fair idea while rotating it.

I have never believed in the repair process of seeing racks largely due to the unavailability of genuine replacement kits. New after markets steering racks are available in the market and will be much better off to the foreign used steering racks called tokumbor or the repairs conducted on your current unit which look like a failure.

Replace mechanic, replace steering rack and pressure hose with new parts, check your original steering pump by hand and fluid while rotating clockwise to see if it builds up pressure. If it does install back to vehicle , if not replace with a brand new part.

This is a capital intensive job. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 5:41am On Mar 19, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

What you have here is poor diagnosis leading to a lot of guess work.

A functional steering pump can easily be tested by hand using ps steering oil before installing in a vehicle . While you will be unable to decipher how much pressure it will produce, you will have fair idea while rotating it.

I have never believed in the repair process of seeing racks largely due to the unavailability of genuine replacement kits. New after markets steering racks are available in the market and will be much better off to the foreign used steering racks called tokumbor or the repairs conducted on your current unit which look like a failure.

Replace mechanic, replace steering rack and pressure hose with new parts, check your original steering pump by hand and fluid while rotating clockwise to see if it builds up pressure. If it does install back to vehicle , if not replace with a brand new part.

This is a capital intensive job. Good luck.

Real Capital intensive . I once changed 5 steering pump. That thing is annoying and they don't give guarantee.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 6:17am On Mar 19, 2023
Goodmorning oga gazzuzz, i humbly await your answer in regards to this issue am facing and that code p0607 is the only code that came out

Kanshi1:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dare01: 7:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Mcdreamy15:
how much is this?

No idea for now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:49am On Mar 19, 2023
Jamie1000:

Real Capital intensive . I once changed 5 steering pump. That thing is annoying and they don't give guarantee.

I don't know who does your work, but PS pumps are resilient, takes a lot to wear them out used or new.

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.