Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913149 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Mar 19, 2023
Kanshi1:
Goodmorning oga gazzuzz, i humbly await your answer in regards to this issue am facing and that code p0607 is the only code that came out

you have a scan tool, stop using it for a while I guess you are always clearing codes.

If You are not then you have a bad ECU.

After a few days of driving the other code/codes should appear
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 10:44am On Mar 19, 2023
@GAZZUZ.

Since I cleaned my throttle body, I noticed car started jerking when I step on the gas pedal.
What could be the cause sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
Seems little moisture touched the ECU which is why it threw the code cos the bonnet was left open at the mechanic shop and little rain got to it.

I unplugged and plugged it back, drove extensively today and no code was found...i scanned again and no single code came on the scanner.

Thanks oga gazzuzz

GAZZUZZ:

you have a scan tool, stop using it for a while I guess you are always clearing codes.

If You are not then you have a bad ECU.

After a few days of driving the other code/codes should appear
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
josephsm823:
@GAZZUZ.

Since I cleaned my throttle body, I noticed car started jerking when I step on the gas pedal.
Check if you left any hose unplugged or clamp not well tightened.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
jceesquare:

Check if you left any hose unplugged or clamp not well tightened.

Ok sir. Thanks Boss.. will check.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 8:24am On Mar 20, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

I don't know who does your work, but PS pumps are resilient, takes a lot to wear them out used or new.

Or maybe the steering rack is bad
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2023
josephsm823:
@GAZZUZ.

Vehicle make and model
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 9:22am On Mar 20, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Vehicle make and model
Lexus RX 350 2011
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BoboKush(m): 12:54am On Mar 21, 2023
My threw up check engine
Corolla 06
Scanned it and i got this

What do u suggest gazzuz
My mechanic is talking abt loosing gear button plate.... Solenoids and service of gear

Need ur input

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Mar 21, 2023
samuelson06:

Bought mine in 2019, till date I haven't. I know someone that got his' in 2017, he's not change too. Though ours are direct toks. If yours is direct too, I'd advise you leave the car alone.
Wrong advise!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Mar 21, 2023
606thearena:
Good morning Nairalanders .
Pls I need your advise since I bought my car since august 2021. I have not changed the gear box oil .
I was told not to be in haste to change it, unless after one year . Car make Toyota Camry 010 v6 engine . I fell it is due Pls guys I don’t know the best type of gear box oil to buy I use Mobil 1 for the oil maintenance. Pls your advise and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Drain and refill the transmission fluid with genuine toyota type WS
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 9:36am On Mar 21, 2023
kingreign:

Wrong advise!

Mbök, explain.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2023
samuelson06:

Mbök, explain.

Contrary to what toyota or other manufacturers tell you, Automatic transmisison fluids are not meant for life. They are meant to be changed at some point in time, usually 30k miles.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:28am On Mar 21, 2023
BoboKush:
My threw up check engine
Corolla 06
Scanned it and i got this

What do u suggest gazzuz
My mechanic is talking abt loosing gear button plate.... Solenoids and service of gear

Need ur input

If the transmission oil Is dirty drain and refill.

Clear code. If it comes back ignore it, or replace the engine ECU
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 11:11am On Mar 21, 2023
kingreign:

Contrary to what toyota or other manufacturers tell you, Automatic transmisison fluids are not meant for life. They are meant to be changed at some point in time, usually 30k miles.

Hmmm! But wait o. Shebi the car can throw a sign on the dashboard or blinks the drive light to show there's something wrong with the ATF? Or does the ATF just spoil the gearbox if it's bad?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Dear Gazzuzz and others, please help.

I noticed my Toyota Camry 2002 isn’t shifting into 4th gear. When it shifts from 2/3 and the pedal is stepped on, it Revs up to 3k and doesn’t shift to 4.

I haven’t changed the gear oil since it was bought toks in November 2021. What could cause this? 1-3 shift smoothly though and reverse works perfectly.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
nymphomaniac:
Dear Gazzuzz and others, please help.

I noticed my Toyota Camry 2002 isn’t shifting into 4th gear. When it shifts from 2/3 and the pedal is stepped on, it Revs up to 3k and doesn’t shift to 4.

I haven’t changed the gear oil since it was bought toks in November 2021. What could cause this? 1-3 shift smoothly though and reverse works perfectly.

Scan for knock sensor codes.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BoboKush(m): 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

If the transmission oil Is dirty drain and refill.

Clear code. If it comes back ignore it, or replace the engine ECU

Sorry for the disturb
I thought its the solenoid?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bfn1: 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Google Strip head bolts 2AZ.
Read and understand
Oga, what's the likely cost estimate to fix the overheating problem that Ekeoma3650 explained above?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
bfn1:

Oga, what's the likely cost estimate to fix the overheating problem that Ekeoma3650 explained above?

Not a perfect science.

Fixing the threads might not work.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Praxo(m): 10:06am On Mar 22, 2023
Good morning guys.

For the processing of doctor's report on tinted glass, I'm your best plug.

>>> CLICK HERE TO CHAT ON WHATSAPP <<<

or call. . . . 0 8 1 3 4 8 0 3 4 4 9
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nadingo: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2023
Good day folks. Pls I'm having problem of hard starting in the morning with my C180 w202. Problem started about 4days ago. I don't really know what I do right to get it to start as every morning, I have to keep touching and pressing the fuse box in the bonnet and the one in the trunk severally before it finally agree to start. But once it starts, even if I switch it off immediately, the vehicle will have no problem of starting again through out the day till next morning. Like if I struggle and it starts and I shut the car down immediately, don't try to start again till in the evening, it will start on first kick. But if I use the car and shut it off by 1am, the car will struggle to start when day breaks. Kindly assist me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zarakikenpa(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2023
Good day, guys.
Recently I perceive the smell of burnt rubber whenever I accelerate swiftly. Any idea what may be causing this in an 08 honda accord?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
zarakikenpa:
Good day, guys.
Recently I perceive the smell of burnt rubber whenever I accelerate swiftly. Any idea what may be causing this in an 08 honda accord?
Mayb serpentine belt

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zarakikenpa(m): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2023
Bizzyliss:
Mayb serpentine belt

Thank you. I'll have that checked.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnpaul1099: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Not a perfect science.

Fixing the threads might not work.

Greeting sir, please i need your help on this, i got a tokunbo vehicle that is very dirty and needs industrial washing do you know where i can get one around Iyana Ipaja?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2023
Johnpaul1099:

Greeting sir, please i need your help on this, i got a tokunbo vehicle that is very dirty and needs industrial washing do you know where i can get one around Iyana Ipaja?

Interior call 08165211469
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnpaul1099: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Interior call 08165211469

Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HilcomTech(m): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
Good evening GAZZUZZ and other car gurus,

My 2010 corolla car came with steel wheels and I am considering changing all the wheels to alloy but a guy I spoke with says I have to buy another type of tyres that are compatible to alloy wheels that my current tyres only work for steel wheels.

I would like to know if this is true.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Joseph77200(m): 3:01am On Mar 25, 2023
Please the gurus in the house I just realized my car catalyst has been taken and since I don't have money for new one for now, which other thing I can use in place of catalyst?my car is Toyota camry 2013
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 3:40am On Mar 25, 2023
Hello Dears,

My Toyota Matrix 2006 engine vibrates excessively even at 730rpm wen on D & R but smoothens out on N. Again, my confusion is, it runs very steadily on 900 to 1000rpm even on D & R.

Scanned & got these codes only:
1. P0128
2. P0441

Previous repairs: Engine mounts rear & front replaced, replaced air filter & cleaned throttle body & car has been driven more than 300miles since then. All coil are brand new, all iridium spark plugs look ok upon inspection, Change cold start switch.

What else is my issue guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.