Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913200 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 4:06am On Mar 29, 2023
Michael548:
You can contact me for your professional car inspection incase you want to buy a car anywhere in the southwest. 08167469103.
Are you ASE certified?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Getrich47(m): 7:17am On Mar 29, 2023
olumzzz:

Are you ASE certified?

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 2pump: 10:23am On Mar 29, 2023
Good morning…Please the wiper on the windshield go on immediately the car is on and will not stop in the off position until engine is off and again when the car is shift to drive positing the car doors start locking and unlocking it’s self only stop in the park position…pls help car is Toyota Camry 2013 it all started this morning
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 10:25am On Mar 29, 2023
2pump:
Good morning…Please the wiper on the windshield go on immediately the car is on and will not stop in the off position until engine is off and again when the car is shift to drive positing the car doors start locking and unlocking it’s self only stop in the park position…pls help car is Toyota Camry 2013 it all started this morning
Was the car flooded or engine bay washed at a car wash?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 2pump: 11:56am On Mar 29, 2023
jceesquare:

Was the car flooded or engine bay washed at a car wash?

No..I parked the car myself last night and I didn’t notice anything like that
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2023
2pump:

No..I parked the car myself last night and I didn’t notice anything like that
You're having multiple electrical issues that might be caused by water ingress.
Your technician needs to physically look at your fuse boxes and fix affected components.
Remote diagnosis would be difficult.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
2pump:
Guess you bought a flooded vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CapodeCapouti(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
Joseph77200:
Please the gurus in the house I just realized my car catalyst has been taken and since I don't have money for new one for now, which other thing I can use in place of catalyst?my car is Toyota camry 2013

Kingreign, nurey, please what do you have to say about this? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2023
CapodeCapouti:

please what do you have to say about this? Thanks
Replace catalyst, or buy O² sensor spacer, or keep driving without it.
Whatever you do, don't use wire mesh or any other funny substance in place of it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by CapodeCapouti(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2023
jceesquare:

Whatever you do, don't use wire mesh or any other funny substance in place of it

Plenty thanks. Appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
Good day everyone,
I checked the fuse and relay box in the engine compartment of my toyota camry 2008 2AZ-FE CE trim and I noticed the following fuses were missing :
-RR fog
-FR def
- AM 2
-IG 2
-STR lock
- S Horn
- A/F
- Mayday/ Tel
The following relays were also missing :
-ST CUT
- IG 2 ( i.e both IG 2 relay and fuse are not in use)
I couldn’t find the relay port for VSC 1 and 2 even though they were included in the fuse box chart ( i figured those ones weren’t applicable to my vehicle coz I couldn’t find any vsc button or vsc indicator on the instrument cluster.)
My question now is, were these fuses and relays removed on purpose ??
PS: I did some research and found that ST CUT relay disconnects starter motor from the battery if it’s too low to power the vehicle so i can understand why that was removed.
I also found out Mayday/Tel fuse is for SOS purposes which would most likely not be needed in a country like Nigeria.
Cc: gazzuzz , kingreign, nurey, jceesquare
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
jceesquare:

i’m also dealing with this P0420 code but my catalyst isn’t missing, it’s probably just not working anymore . Will an O2 sensor spacer work for me too?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mcdreamy15:
Good day everyone,
I checked the fuse and relay box in the engine compartment of my toyota camry 2008 2AZ-FE CE trim and I noticed the following fuses were missing :
-RR fog
-FR def
- AM 2
-IG 2
-STR lock
- S Horn
- A/F
- Mayday/ Tel
The following relays were also missing :
-ST CUT
- IG 2 ( i.e both IG 2 relay and fuse are not in use)
I couldn’t find the relay port for VSC 1 and 2 even though they were included in the fuse box chart ( i figured those ones weren’t applicable to my vehicle coz I couldn’t find any vsc button or vsc indicator on the instrument cluster.)
My question now is, were these fuses and relays removed on purpose ??
PS: I did some research and found that ST CUT relay disconnects starter motor from the battery if it’s too low to power the vehicle so i can understand why that was removed.
I also found out Mayday/Tel fuse is for SOS purposes which would most likely not be needed in a country like Nigeria.
Cc: gazzuzz , kingreign, nurey, jceesquare
Thanks.

Your trim is CE those fuse aren't there because those functions are not shipped with CE. Except something is amis though then you can say the fuse was removed for a reason.

Also check those fuse space if empty (plastic only no metal copper clipping) then you know the car doesn't need those functions.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2023
nurey:

Your trim is CE those fuse aren't there because those functions are not shipped with CE. Except something is amis though then you can say the fuse was removed for a reason.

Also check those fuse space if empty (plastic only no metal copper clipping) then you know the car doesn't need those functions.
Thanks so much for your contribution. I got one more question though, can any of the removed fuses/ relays cause my car to be consuming power even when it’s turned off?? As it stands now, I’ve used two new batteries in less than six months. I’ve had the alternator metered and it charges pretty well but i guess something keeps consuming power in my vehicle even when it’s turned off and the key is not in the ignition. I can’t leave my car for a day without using it.. it won’t start the next day. On weekends i removed the battery cables to avoid monday morning wahala.
This was exactly what made me change my battery the first time now the second one too is going bad. I once removed the battery cable for three days and the engine started at the first crank the day after. If i left the cable on, battery would have been dead
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mcdreamy15:
Thanks so much for your contribution. I got one more question though, can any of the removed fuses/ relays cause my car to be consuming power even when it’s turned off?? As it stands now, I’ve used two new batteries in less than six months. I’ve had the alternator metered and it charges pretty well but i guess something keeps consuming power in my vehicle even when it’s turned off and the key is not in the ignition. I can’t leave my car for a day without using it.. it won’t start the next day. On weekends i removed the battery cables to avoid monday morning wahala.
This was exactly what made me change my battery the first time now the second one too is going bad. I once removed the battery cable for three days and the engine started at the first crank the day after. If i left the cable on, battery would have been dead

No, those missing fuses are not the cause.

You have a parasitic drain you either have to look back at what electrical gadget that was recently connected to the vehicle.

If non, then a good rewire that knows how to trace electrical installation should do the job, he will trace each fuse and component to know which is still drawing power after switching ignition off.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mcdreamy15:
i’m also dealing with this P0420 code but my catalyst isn’t missing, it’s probably just not working anymore . Will an O2 sensor spacer work for me too?
If it's blocked, remove completely or replace so you don't suffocate and kill your engine with excessive back pressure.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManAdii: 6:44am On Apr 01, 2023
Good day car gurus.
Are oil filters generic or car model specific?

I want to get oil filter for my VW mk5
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
jceesquare:

If it's blocked, remove completely or replace so you don't suffocate and kill your engine with excessive back pressure.
how do i know if it is clogged? I don’t seem to be having any issues other than fuel consumption that has gotten pretty high.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Good evening chief , suddenly saw this oil light in my car ....what could this mean and what could be the cause sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 6:22am On Apr 02, 2023
Mcdreamy15:
how do i know if it is clogged? I don’t seem to be having any issues other than fuel consumption that has gotten pretty high.
Sound, smell, and feel.

It will sound overly muffled.
Some say a bad cat smells like rotten egg. A car with good functional catalyst has this distinct sweet smell from the tail pipe on a cold start different from the rotten egg smell.

You won't have good gas flow from the tail end and it will get red hot faster before the cat section.

Ask you mechanic or panel beater to check.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by RoadMozart(m): 7:29am On Apr 02, 2023
Good Morning house, I noticed this about my Highlander 09. Whenever I speed up above 100kmph, there's this smell of rotten egg in the car. After sometime it will stop.

I don't want to go to the Kazeems without knowing what could be wrong.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2023
slowice:
Good evening chief , suddenly saw this oil light in my car ....what could this mean and what could be the cause sir
It simply means you don't have good oil flow, or bad oil switch

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:48am On Apr 02, 2023
RoadMozart:
Good Morning house, I noticed this about my Highlander 09. Whenever I speed up above 100kmph, there's this smell of rotten egg in the car. After sometime it will stop.

I don't want to go to the Kazeems without knowing what could be wrong.
It's from your catalyst.
Take it out and replace with another good one.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mcdreamy15: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2023
jceesquare:

Sound, smell, and feel.

It will sound overly muffled.
Some say a bad cat smells like rotten egg. A car with good functional catalyst has this distinct sweet smell from the tail pipe on a cold start different from the rotten egg smell.

You won't have good gas flow from the tail end and it will get red hot faster before the cat section.

Ask you mechanic or panel beater to check.
I’m considering a Cat delete. I would still use the housing though but i would take out the guts and use a o2 sensor spacer like you recommended for the other guy. Can’t imagine losing my engine because of a cat considering it’s even a 2AZ-FE engine that has factory installed oil burning issue. Thanks so much for your contribution bro. Very grateful
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2023
jceesquare:

It simply means you don't have good oil flow, or bad oil switch

It comes on when I turn on my ignition and goes off when I start the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jollos(m): 11:36am On Apr 02, 2023
Please I need trusted Nissan Pathfinder Engine from a trusted seller. People said most in the market has been tampered or worked on. But am sure one can still get direct tokunbo from trusted seller.
3.5Lt, turtleless V6 engine.

I discovered all those that want to help me get it are adding their own percentage.

Pls don't suggest seller that are not trustworthy please.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:53am On Apr 02, 2023
Mcdreamy15:
I’m considering a Cat delete. I would still use the housing though but i would take out the guts and use a o2 sensor spacer like you recommended for the other guy. Can’t imagine losing my engine because of a cat considering it’s even a 2AZ-FE engine that has factory installed oil burning issue. Thanks so much for your contribution bro. Very grateful

Okay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:54am On Apr 02, 2023
slowice:

It comes on when I turn on my ignition and goes off when I start the car.
That's normal.
Unless I don't understand your complain.
The oil light should go off when the engine is running.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
jceesquare:

That's normal.
Unless I don't understand your complain.
The oil light should go off when the engine is running.

Okay then but why I became worried is that sometimes when I turn the ignition it doesn't come on too
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2023
slowice:

Okay then but why I became worried is that sometimes when I turn the ignition it doesn't come on too
You have a faulty oil switch
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowice(m): 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
Good evening sir.. recently when I apply brakes while in motion the wheels makes a continuous squealing sound. I Ve changed clippers,pads and brake disc but the sound won't just go away.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
Who knows any good mechanic in warri ?
Liek very standard ?
Pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.