Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,287 members, 7,846,313 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156672 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:48am On Oct 21, 2015
The Golden Eaglets have achieved nothing yet of course BUT THEY ARE PROVING ME RIGHT in certain ways.

This is a highly tactical team that opponents will find difficult to stop. They work for each other and they do have some fine individual top talents who can influence games.

What a result against the hosts!!! I recall listing 8 major players to watch out for in the squad. I specifically laid emphasis on Our no.9 and no.10.

But behold in our no.8, I think we've found ourselves another super potential. He made my list of top 8 players to watch in this Nigerian squad and he is starting to show why.

Bamgboye was the player dropped to the bench in place of Chukwueze and Amuneke's decision seems to be "divine"............

Chukwueze is living up to the potentials he's always been known to have and I still believe that outside these "8" I listed previous pages back as seen below, "a joker" is waiting to still emerge.... Who will this be? Well, This team, like I once said (or twice or thrice said *smiles*) is CAPABLE OF SPRINGING SURPRISES....... "ORGANISED AND WELL EXECUTED SURPRISES" AS WELL AS "IMPROMPTU SUPER SURPRISES"......... Nigeria just sent down a "big marker"....... This team wanna break the "Win-only-in-Asia-syndrome"...... And they look like they can do it.......

Well, the ride continues............*make sure u still got ur seatbelts on people* **smiles**

TheSuperNerd:
I understand u Sir.... But it's not really your fault *smiles*

I think the media publicity given to this team was kinda on the low side.

But some players to watch out for in the squad include these:

-Kelechi Nwakali(10): MF *skipper/captain

-Victor Osimhen(9): FW

-Lukman Zakari Halilu(5): DF (this guy is the team's top defender going by performance at Niger 2015. He was injured in the 2nd game against guinea. Though he slightly recovered but that injury affected his contribution which is why that defence just collapsed. Watch out for him!)

-Ebere Christian Osinachi(17): FW

-Funsho Bamgboye(7): FW (post-niger 2015 addition who's been quite a revelation in the team's preparations).

-Kingsley Michael(6): MF

-Samuel Chukwueze ( 8 ): MF

-John Lazarus(2): DF

Note: From among the other talents are players that could most likely spring up as "Jokers" of the team and take the tournament by storm.... But above are the "obvious" top talents in the team.

Go go go Golden Eaglets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*smiles*

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:56am On Oct 21, 2015
5-1 Nigeria great win guys! These boys are cold blooded to destroy Chile in Chile is no small task.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:57am On Oct 21, 2015
I watched most of the match and the team has potential. They lack pace upfront otherwise it would have been worse for chile. Impressed by the right back Lazarus.

I think, the heads of the chileans went down after the 3rd goal and Nigeria took full control after that.

Next round, let's see how they fare in the next round.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 2:00am On Oct 21, 2015
Good game... Positive improvement... We need to work more on our penalties as we progress!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:01am On Oct 21, 2015
Napoleon55:
2 goals 2 assists,CHUKWUEZE
I wonder how bad he is at pk's that the coach wouldn't allow him Finnish his hattrick?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by icon4ss: 2:25am On Oct 21, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I wonder how bad he is at pk's that the coach wouldn't allow him Finnish his hattrick?

If Nwakali ånd Osimhen are our best penalty takers then they must try and always win their games during regulation time. Else....

A good game all d same. The boys are getting better. I raised an Eye-brow when Bangboye started ahead of Chukwueze in d first game.

Permit me to say dat Samuel Chukwueze is d Kelechi Iheanacho of this team. And also permit me to say that Kelechi Nwakali seems to b over-rated and I am seeing some element of pride and selfishness in his game. Somebody should tell him d story of Haruna Lukman cos dat is his equivalent.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:07am On Oct 21, 2015
Yeah, Chukwueze does bring Nacho to mind in some ways but not as a whole. I believe in Chukwueze we have another "unique" pearl on our hands with a few Nacho attributes.

And I don't agree that Nwakali is overrated. He's a fine player and "the linchpin" of the team's midfield. Take him out and that midfield will struggle. Nwakali is the team's orchestrator in the midfield while Agor Chukwudi and Enogela David are his midfield lieutenants....

Please cut the kid some slack.... I know he was wayward with the last penalty but that doesn't take anything away from the kid's obvious super potential.

And in case anybody don't know, there is always a "drop" of pride and subtle arrogance (channelled in the right manner) in every super potential and eventual great.........

Good game Nigeria..... Ride's still on.......

**smiles**

icon4ss:

If Nwakali ånd Osimhen are our best penalty takers then they must try and always win their games during regulation time. Else....

A good game all d same. The boys are getting better. I raised an Eye-brow when Bangboye started ahead of Chukwueze in d first game.

Permit me to say dat Samuel Chukwueze is d Kelechi Iheanacho of this team. And also permit me to say that Kelechi Nwakali seems to b over-rated and I am seeing some element of pride and selfishness in his game. Somebody should tell him d story of Haruna Lukman cos dat is his equivalent.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54am On Oct 21, 2015
Congrats to the lads.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2015
Holders Nigeria continued their impressive start
to their FIFA U-17 World Cup title defence by
completing a comprehensive 5-1 victory over
hosts Chile and progressing to the knockout
stages in the process. A goal within 30 seconds
by star man Samuel Chukwueze set the tone for
a straightforward win, with the diminutive No8
grabbing a second in the second half after he
had earlier been fouled for Kelechi Nwakali's to
score from the spot, and before he was felled for
Victor Osimhen's successful spot kick
conversion.
Chile grabbed a consolation, before
Funsho Bamgboye saw his marching orders, with
Osimhen's late header adding some gloss to the
win, despite Nwakali missing his second penalty
of the match after Chukwueze had been fouled in
the penalty area for a third time.
The African side were remarkably quick out of
the blocks, opening the scoring after 22 seconds.
Victor Osimhen, fresh from his goal in the
opening game against USA, sprinted down the
Nigerian left and slid the ball across the Chilean
penalty area. The onrushing midfielder slammed
home with ease.
He then played a big part in the second Nigeria
goal, sprinting onto a long upfield clearance and
tapping the ball past the sliding Juan Jose
Soriano in the penalty area. The Chilean
defender’s challenge brought down the Nigeria
No8 and Nwakali doubled his side's lead.
Chukwueze then grabbed his second of the game
thanks to sheer determination on the hour mark.
He worked his way into the Chilean penalty area,
performed a couple of stepovers and, after
seeing an initial shot blocked, slammed a left-
footed strike past Lopez.
Chile's defence will be glad to see the back of
the Nigerian No8, as he burst into the Chilean
penalty area once more moments later and was
felled again, this time by substitute Brian Leiva.
For the second spot kick, it was Osimhen who
stepped up, and he matched Nwakali's first effort
by firing home.
Substitute Funsho Bamgboye later hit the post
before Chile's consolation came courtesy of
Marcelo Allende, who slammed past Akpan Udoh
from Luciano Diaz's cross.
Despite Bamgboye's late dismissal, for a rash
challenge, Nigeria rallied and Osimhen grabbed
his third of the tournament in two games.
Nwakali then missed his chance to double his
own tally for the game from the penalty spot,
after Chukwueze had been fouled for a third
time.
It did not matter though, as Nigeria join Korea
Republic in the last 16, with Chile set to face
USA in a pivotal final clash back at the Estadio
Sausalito on Friday.

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298390/match-report.html

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:32am On Oct 21, 2015
as @guysly2much said: Pre-2013 WC, Success was the star of the team, only for Iheanacho to steal the show at the mundial. Now, Nwakali enters as the star of the team, but Chukwueze is about to steal his show

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 7:47am On Oct 21, 2015
safarigirl:
Holders Nigeria continued their impressive start
to their FIFA U-17 World Cup title defence by
completing a comprehensive 5-1 victory over
hosts Chile and progressing to the knockout
stages in the process. A goal within 30 seconds
by star man Samuel Chukwueze set the tone for
a straightforward win, with the diminutive No8
grabbing a second in the second half after he
had earlier been fouled for Kelechi Nwakali's to
score from the spot, and before he was felled for
Victor Osimhen's successful spot kick
conversion.
Chile grabbed a consolation, before
Funsho Bamgboye saw his marching orders, with
Osimhen's late header adding some gloss to the
win, despite Nwakali missing his second penalty
of the match after Chukwueze had been fouled in
the penalty area for a third time.
The African side were remarkably quick out of
the blocks, opening the scoring after 22 seconds.
Victor Osimhen, fresh from his goal in the
opening game against USA, sprinted down the
Nigerian left and slid the ball across the Chilean
penalty area. The onrushing midfielder slammed
home with ease.
He then played a big part in the second Nigeria
goal, sprinting onto a long upfield clearance and
tapping the ball past the sliding Juan Jose
Soriano in the penalty area. The Chilean
defender’s challenge brought down the Nigeria
No8 and Nwakali doubled his side's lead.
Chukwueze then grabbed his second of the game
thanks to sheer determination on the hour mark.
He worked his way into the Chilean penalty area,
performed a couple of stepovers and, after
seeing an initial shot blocked, slammed a left-
footed strike past Lopez.
Chile's defence will be glad to see the back of
the Nigerian No8, as he burst into the Chilean
penalty area once more moments later and was
felled again, this time by substitute Brian Leiva.
For the second spot kick, it was Osimhen who
stepped up, and he matched Nwakali's first effort
by firing home.
Substitute Funsho Bamgboye later hit the post
before Chile's consolation came courtesy of
Marcelo Allende, who slammed past Akpan Udoh
from Luciano Diaz's cross.
Despite Bamgboye's late dismissal, for a rash
challenge, Nigeria rallied and Osimhen grabbed
his third of the tournament in two games.
Nwakali then missed his chance to double his
own tally for the game from the penalty spot,
after Chukwueze had been fouled for a third
time.
It did not matter though, as Nigeria join Korea
Republic in the last 16, with Chile set to face
USA in a pivotal final clash back at the Estadio
Sausalito on Friday.

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/matches/round=271783/match=300298390/match-report.html
this osimhe tag as osime street is not just ordinary name... check out the street record as the street pull out the highest number storing building in orile...

live up osimhe aka osime .
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 21, 2015
safarigirl:
as @guysly2much said: Pre-2013 WC, Success was the star of the team, only for Iheanacho to steal the show at the mundial. Now, Nwakali enters as the star of the team, but Chukwueze is about to steal his show

I didn't even watch the match undecided

I woke up an the house was consummerately devoid of electricity light at that particular time
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2015
Abeg somebody tell those boys to work on their goal celebrations, I no like am at all. Dey no know shoki? Lmao. To me that is the only place they lose to the last set this boys are just as capable, chai 5-1 in person country.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2015
His show?? But this is a team....... Guysly2much should cool it aiit...... It's true the major spotlight fell on Nwakali and Osimhen but it's great to see Samuel "the left footed goals rider" Chukwueze do his thing.

This way, our goal threat options just increased. Opponents will have a lot of headache pondering who to stop....... Osimhen, Chukwueze, Nwakali, Lazarus, Agor, Anumudu, Osinachi...... Etc.

BESIDES, THERE ARE ENOUGH "SHOWS" TO GO ROUND..........**smiles**

safarigirl:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2015
icon4ss:

actually i didn't raise much when Bamboye started because i didn't know much about the team and plus they operate in 2 different positions right and left. Chukwueze might be the star but i didn't see much selfish about Nwakali. Apart from the missed pk he didn't do much wrong. I also think it is very harsh of you to compare him to Lukman. He makes the right passes and takes shots that he is allowed to take, I'm sure he has made a few long bombs during training and so the coach allows it in the games. Lets not forget how well he shields his defenders he made some key interceptions in the game, to me he is one the best players in this tournament and one of the main reasons we play so well. Goals do mean alot but you have to defend and pass well to win a match.
I love this! we go from not knowing a thing about these boys to them being household names.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
Abeg somebody tell those boys to work on their goal celebrations, I no like am at all. Dey no know shoki? Lmao. To me that is the only place they lose to the last set this boys are just as capable, chai 5-1 in person country.
u just said what was on my mind... Their goal celebration isn't good at all... I think de need to practice that too. Nacho set will always keep u on ur feet as u join them in celebration. T even came to point this a.m that i didn't even want any of them to celebrate cos d way osimhen was sliding/gliding on d pitch was scary-make e no carry injury na my concern o. But de did play better this morning.
One more thing is that de need to improve on their final passes.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by linked: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
AIG07:

u just said what was on my mind... Their goal celebration isn't good at all... I think de need to practice that too. Nacho set will always keep u on ur feet as u join them in celebration. T even came to point this a.m that i didn't even want any of them to celebrate cos d way osimhen was sliding/gliding on d pitch was scary-make e no carry injury na my concern o. But de did play better this morning.
One more thing is that de need to improve on their final passes.
You guys are just impossible...Each person has their style of goal celebrations... Some people dont even celebrate...
What's up with all these goal celebration stuffs...
If it pleases them let them be....
Instead of spending time learning celebration skills they should use the time to hone their cohesion and scoring skills...
There is lot of room for improvement in this team... Their celebrations isn't even an issue

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
*smiles* Am I surprised to confirm Robben is his role model? No way!!!! I was even thinking "Arjen Robben kid version" all along (that's why I nicknamed him earlier on this page as the "Left Footed Goals Rider"wink....... But of course, Chukwueze is unique, still growing and can be much better..... *smiles*

--FIFA U-17 WORLD CUP--

Quickfire Chukwueze takes
Oranje inspiration
(FIFA.com) 21 Oct 2015

It took Nigeria’s Samuel Chukwueze no more than 25 seconds to write his name in the tournament record books on Tuesday, scoring a quick-fire goal that put the Africans on the road to a 5-1 defeat of hosts Chile and into the last 16 of the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2015.

The hard-running midfielder’s well-taken strike was
the third-fastest goal in the history of the competition, exceeded in speed only by Brazilians
Fabinho at Korea 2007 and Celso at Peru 2005, who
took only nine and 14 seconds respectively to find the back of the net.

“Seriously?” asked the smiling and softly spoken
Chukwueze when told by FIFA.com of his
achievement. “I had no idea, but it’s an honour to
know that my name is part of the history of a World
Cup. I never imagined anything like this. It makes me feel proud.”

Though he may be shy and retiring off the pitch,
there is nothing restrained about Chukwueze’s
performances on it. As well as scoring twice against
the hosts, he also forced three penalties with his
driving runs, two of which were converted. The only
goal he had no part to play in was his side’s fifth.

More to come

“I know I did well today, but I still have a lot of work
to do to improve,” said Chukwueze, a product of the
Diamond Football Academy. “I try to base my game
on that of Arjen Robben, who can run with the ball at speed, score goals and set them up too. I want to be an all-round player like him.”

The youngster served early notice of his striking
prowess at the 2013 Iberian Cup in Estoril, when, at
the age of only 14, he scored the small matter of 12
goals in seven matches for Nigeria’s U-17s.

That same year he followed the Golden Eaglets’
triumphant progress at the U-17 world finals in UAE
closely, looking on in awe as compatriot Kelechi
Iheanacho played a starring role and collected the
adidas Silver Boot: “He showed a lot of power and
quality and he’s now with Manchester City. The
English Premier League is my favourite league and
the one I watch the most.”

Turning his attention back to Chile 2015 and the job
in hand, Chukwueze believes Nigeria have much
more to offer after their exhibition against Chile. “It
wasn’t the perfect game by any means,” said the No8.
“I think we can play better if we work on our
concentration.”

Nigeria wind up their Group A campaign against
Croatia, a side they beat in the final of a friendly
competition not so long ago. Will that victory have a
bearing on their confidence going into the game? Not according to Chukwueze: “Absolutely not. We showed against Chile that we have a strong mentality and nothing will make us lose it.”

www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/y=2015/m=10/news=quickfire-chukwueze-sets-nigeria-on-the-way-2719809.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
did y'all know another Nigerian, Ike Ugbo plays as a forward for England's U17 team?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
Yeah, I do...... He stars for Chelsea's u-17s or so.

He's not the only Nigerian in the current English u-17 side. There's also a certain Tayo Edun of fulham academy ( a defender).

**smiles**

safarigirl:
did y'all know another Nigerian, Ike Ugbo plays as a forward for England's U17 team?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by linked: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Guinea has five players with the name 'camara' in their team...... Their coach is named 'Camara' too

Love for the name wink

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah, I do...... He stars for Chelsea's u-17s or so.

He's not the only Nigerian in the current English u-17 side. There's also a certain Tayo Edun of fulham academy ( a defender).

**smiles**

didn't make the squad. Only Ugbo made the list, there's also Ndukwe, he was in the we qualifiers, didn't make the final squad thought
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
Safarigirl..........*smiles*

Ok here's the deal. On Fifa.com, Yeah, Edun's not on the list. I think I missed the fact that he was a last-moment withdrawal, alongside one other player, from the squad.

I recall that a certain Marcus Wood of Man City u-16s/17s was one of two players who were last minute replacements.

The other must have been Cameron Humphreys-Grant (a defender) who replaced Tayo Edun.

So you're right.....*smiles*
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lexyman(m): 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
linked:
Guinea has five players with the name 'camara' in their team...... Their coach is named 'Camara' too

Love for the name wink

You made me remember one of the old Guinea player , Titi Camara, back then used to be a very a good player , Infact he's one of the best so far !

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Safarigirl..........*smiles*

Ok here's the deal. On Fifa.com, Yeah, Edun's not on the list. I think I missed the fact that he was a last-moment withdrawal, alongside one other player, from the squad.

I recall that a certain Marcus Wood of Man City u-16s/17s was one of two players who were last minute replacements.

The other must have been Cameron Humphreys-Grant (a defender) who replaced Tayo Edun.

So you're right.....*smiles*

you Don modify abi? After I copied the list to paste here.....issorait
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
Well, I actually heard about this few days to the tournament. But didn't know "Tayo Edun" was one of the two players affected.... So I naturally thought England had 2 Nigerian-borns I know of.

But hey... What about this name in the England squad?.... Uhm.... Yeah.... "Easah Suliman"....

*smiles*

safarigirl:
you Don modify abi? After I copied the list to paste here.....issorait
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
[q
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
linked:
You guys are just impossible...Each person has their style of goal celebrations... Some people dont even celebrate...
What's up with all these goal celebration stuffs...
If it pleases them let them be....
Instead of spending time learning celebration skills they should use the time to hone their cohesion and scoring skills...
There is lot of room for improvement in this team... Their celebrations isn't even an issue

Who cares about the room or improvement? i want to see good dance jor and i want number 9 Osihimen to stop whatever he calls his celebration because if he gets injured i go vex. Obviously we are not sending them to dance class or telling Amunike to invite lil Kesh to camp so chill it's just good fun.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Sokari: Golden Eaglets Must Learn From F/Eagles Mistakes
[/size]

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Former Flying Eagles midfielder Kingsley Sokari has sensationally told Comple tesportsnigeria.com that the team he was part of to the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand underestimated their opponents, and warns that the Golden Eaglets who have booked a place in the Round of 16 must not be so cocky in their approach to games.

Emmanuel Amuneke's team thrashed hosts Chile 5-1 in their second game of the 2015 U17 World Cup, making it their second win on the bounce in the tournament following an opening day 2-0 victory over USA.

Sokari who was one of the impressive Nigerian stars at the U20 World Cup this year spoke to Comple tesportsnigeria.com on Wednesday on his thoughts about Nigeria's run at the cadet World Cup.

"I'm wishing them all the best against Crotia. They have been wonderful against USA and Chile, especially against the hosts – a game many people said will be very tough.

"But they should not be carried away by their success so far in this U17 World Cup because that was what happened to us at the last U20 World Cup.

"We were confident we could beat our opponents but found some of these teams extremely difficult," the Enyimba midfielder who has been a regular in the national U23 Eagles games further told Completesportsnigeria.com.
Sokari however expressed hope that the Eaglets will defend the title they won in 2013.

"They are working with a good coach, an ex international who played football to the highest level and was a one-time African Footballer of the Year, so I believe they have the ability to defend the title again," Sokari enthused.

The Eaglets will play against Croatia in their last Group A game midnight on Friday.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/sokari-golden-eaglets-must-learn-from-feagles-mistakes/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Manu Garba Urges Eaglets To Avoid Complacency
[/size]

By Adeboye Amosu:
Erstwhile Golden Eaglets coach, Manu Garba believes the current side have proved they can go all the way at the on-going FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile following an impressive 5-1 win against the host nation Chile, reports ‎Completesportsnigeria. com.

The Eaglets booked their passage into the next round of the competition following their opening day win against the United States of America.

And after watching Emmanuel Amuneke's charges took apart their opponent's in both games, Garba is confident they can successfully defend the trophy.

"The boys have done well in the two games they have played so far and I believe they can win the trophy," Manu who led the Eaglets to win a record fourth U-17 title, 2013 in the United Arab Emirates told Completesportsnigeria.com.

"They have showed real quality in their first two games, and if they maintain this form, then they will be unstoppable.

"The most important thing is for them not to get complacent as there is still a long way to go in the competition."

The Golden Eaglets will take on Croatia in their final Group A game on Friday.‎
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/manu-garba-urges-eaglets-to-avoid-complacency/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
[size=14pt]
VIDEO - Nigeria Under 17 goalkeeper bear hugs referee after win
[/size]
Akpan Udoh, the Nigeria Under 17 goalkeeper, bear hugs and lifts referee Buquet Ruddy off the ground when he blows the final whistle after the Super Eagles’ 5-1 win over Chile in the World Cup.

video.eurosport.co.uk/football/nigeria-under-17-goalkeeper-bear-hugs-referee-after-win_vid393428/video.shtml

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria U17
We were wasteful and Nigeria punished us lament Chile
[/size]

Eaglets vs Chile

Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has praised his players for their impressive display in a 5-1 demolition of hosts Chile, which advanced them into the round of 16 of the FIFA U17 World Cup.

He said his players made the hosts uncomfortable in the midfield and forced them out of their style.

"It is true we were effective up front, but we also knew how to block their passing game, forcing them to play uncomfortably in the midfield,” he said.

“My players understood the transition game, that is when to attack, when to defend.

“We also prepared them mentally, it is not easy to play against the host. Chile has a god team, but today they lost against the best team. I believe they can qualify for the next round."

Nigeria play Croatia in their last group game on Friday by 12 midnight Nigerian time.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/578194/Amuneke-hails-rampant-Eaglets

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.