Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,264 members, 7,846,238 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156670 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
Icon4s:

Bc they beat a Nigeria team dat had already qualified? Let them face Germany first before I know where to place them.

No. Because they have a good team, good and very skilful individual players and because they have not lost any match.

I see that boy Moro becoming a player like Modric in the future. They did not beat Nigeria cos we had already qualified, they beat Nigeria because they played better and deserved to win. Let's see what happen between them and Germany. Congrats to them in advance. They have done well even if they went home after the match against the Germans.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
gbosaa:

No. Because they have a good team, good and very skilful individual players and because they have not lost any match.

I see that boy Moro becoming a player like Modric in the future. They did not beat Nigeria cos we had already qualified, they beat Nigeria because they played better and deserved to win. Let's see what happen between them and Germany. Congrats to them in advance. They have done well even if they went home after the match against the Germans.

If reverse was d case, and Croatia had secured qualification and top spot and they faced d Nigerian team and we needed dat win we would have won that match. I have seen scenerios like this play out severally. The psychology of haven secured top spot no matter d outcome of dat game affected our boys.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
Icon4s:

If reverse was d case, and Croatia had secured qualification and top spot and they faced d Nigerian team and we needed dat win we would have won that match. I have seen scenerios like this play out severally. The psychology of haven secured top spot no matter d outcome of dat game affected our boys.

Eaglets remains my team. I only voiced out what I saw which I believe no one has seen.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
gbosaa:

Eaglets remains my team. I only voiced out what I saw which I believe no one has seen.
so they were this tactically sound and they couldn't win the same USA that everyone beat? Couldn't win Chile also? Abi na only against Nigeria their tactics dey show? Did you watch their other games or is it just one game you've already seen these things?

Like Icon4s said, don't let the Nigerian game fool you. If Croatia can scale Germany, then we can rate them. A team that couldn't win Chile and USA when there was no pressure, does not qualify as a 'contender'...even South Korea that won Brazil should be rated above them

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
safarigirl:
so they were this tactically sound and they couldn't win the same USA that everyone beat? Couldn't win Chile also? Abi na only against Nigeria their tactics dey show? Did you watch their other games or is it just one game you've already seen these things?

Like Icon4s said, don't let the Nigerian game fool you. If Croatia can scale Germany, then we can rate them. A team that couldn't win Chile and USA when there was no pressure, does not qualify as a 'contender'...even South Korea that won Brazil should be rated above them

U are spot on my Sister. U have always known me to b a critic and a conservatist when it comes to our national teams and players.
When I see a team dat is glory bound i know. That was how one other guy even after we beat USA 2-0 said we will crash out from d group phase.Saying he concluded that after watching d first 20mins. After we beat Chile 5-1 I was expecting to see his face here bt he never show up till date.

No matter what any1 says Nigeria are top favorites to lift the trophy. Most international pundits also share this view.
I expect nothing short of d semis from them.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
I believe I've said all there is to say................

I've always maintained that my top 4 picks for the trophy are Nigeria, South korea, Germany and France.

Nigeria and South korea, on their days, are "hard to beat" or "break down"..... They got that "tactical discipline" and a few "super talents" who can wreck u "big time".

In Eggestein, Germany has a player who can guarantee u at least a goal in every game (he's one of two players who has scored in all 3 group matches so far....... The other is Nigeria's Victor Osimhen).

France have the best attack so far based on statistics with 14 goals from the first round equalling Nigeria's 14 in 2013 (in first round only) but falling short of Brazil's 15 in 2013.

These are "my top 4" and I strongly think they all will make it to the last 8 after October 28 & 29 round-of-16 matches...... And a "whole lot of things" can happen from there
...... *smiles*

The other likely contenders based on reputation are Brazil and Mexico (they both have 5 u-17 titles together. 3 for brazil and 2 for mexico).

Then the last of the likely contenders include Mali (who have not faced a top side so far in this tournament).

How can anyone rate Mali above Nigeria??

Nigeria faced a U.S. Side that the croatians couldn't beat and the U.S. Side were just unlucky to be placed in our group. They were the finest assemblage of u-17 players from the United States in the last 5 or so editions based on talents, potentials and experience of the lads (several of them play in the Mls and for top european teams like Christain pulisic in dortmund and Haji wright, De la torre, etc).

If the U.S. Were in Mali's group comprising Belgium, Honduras, and Ecuador...... They would have qualified as a top two team without a doubt.

Secondly, Nigeria faced "the host". Not only is Chile the host but they are an interesting south american power house in soccer. Or anyone wanna argue this too??

But hey! It's ok aiiit...... Every man got an opinion stemming from their angle of things, views, and so on.

But as for me, Nigeria, South korea, Germany and France are my top 4 (in no particular order).

**smiles** happy new week.......

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by bamac(m): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
I believe I've said all there is to say................

I've always maintained that my top 4 picks for the trophy are Nigeria, South korea, Germany and France.

Nigeria and South korea, on their days, are "hard to beat" or "break down"..... They got that "tactical discipline" and a few "super talents" who can wreck u "big time".

In Eggestein, Germany has a player who can guarantee u at least a goal in every game (he's one of two players who has scored in all 3 group matches so far....... The other is Nigeria's Victor Osimhen).

France have the best attack so far based on statistics with 14 goals from the first round equalling Nigeria's 14 in 2013 (in first round only) but falling short of Brazil's 15 in 2013.

These are "my top 4" and I strongly think they all will make it to the last 8 after October 28 & 29 round-of-16 matches...... And a "whole lot of things" can happen from there
...... *smiles*

The other likely contenders based on reputation are Brazil and Mexico (they both have 5 u-17 titles together. 3 for brazil and 2 for mexico).

Then the last of the likely contenders include Mali (who have not faced a top side so far in this tournament).

How can anyone rate Mali above Nigeria??

Nigeria faced a U.S. Side that the croatians couldn't beat and the U.S. Side were just unlucky to be placed in our group. They were the finest assemblage of u-17 players from the United States in the last 5 or so editions based on talents, potentials and experience of the lads (several of them play in the Mls and for top european teams like Christain pulisic in dortmund and Haji wright, De la torre, etc).

If the U.S. Were in Mali's group comprising Belgium, Honduras, and Ecuador...... They would have qualified as a top two team without a doubt.

Secondly, Nigeria faced "the host". Not only is Chile the host but they are an interesting south american power house in soccer. Or anyone wanna argue this too??

But hey! It's ok aiiit...... Every man got an opinion stemming from their angle of things, views, and so on.

But as for me, Nigeria, South korea, Germany and France are my top 4 (in no particular order).

**smiles** happy new week.......
sorry for quoting you, when and what time is Nigeria's next match if you know?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
safarigirl:

Olanna, you too like to argue.
Yes I watched all the matches in group A and I still do watch them because I recorded them.

I aired my opinion based on what I saw. Its my opinion and does not need anybody's endorsement. I think they will surprise people in this tournament. If they didn't, they'll be compensated by the fact that they came with boys with huge potentials and very bright future ahead.

Yes apart from Nigeria, I support Croatia. It would take a very talented and physical side to dominate and beat the eaglets. Croatia did that and they've earned my respect.

Don't dismiss them like you dismissed New Zealand. You'll be surprised.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Icon4s:

i don't know much about psychology but what i saw was selfishness, the ball didn't flow at all, midfielders were holding on too long and Chukwueze i guess was exiled until late second though he made an assist.
The thing is mental toughness is part of the game, if Croatia's minds were stronger than ours that's even more reason to say they were the better team on that night.
Football is played on grass not paper. Our winning the group means nothing we could easily go out just like anyone else. What matters is dedication and drive, how much do they want it and most importantly are they willing to put aside their selfish agenda's in the interest of the team. You take all that and sprinkle a little luck on top and we might make history again.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
gbosaa:

Yes I watched all the matches in group A and I still do watch them because I recorded them.

I aired my opinion based on what I saw. Its my opinion and does not need anybody's endorsement. I think they will surprise people in this tournament. If they didn't, they'll be compensated by the fact that they came with boys with huge potentials and very bright future ahead.

Yes apart from Nigeria, I support Croatia. It would take a very talented and physical side to dominate and beat the eaglets. Croatia did that and they've earned my respect.

Hmmm "Olanna" . Safarigirl is that ur name?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
Icon4s:

It sounds beautiful!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
gbosaa:

okay
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Icon4s:

yes, it is.....gbosaa, well done o

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Sorry for quoting me?? Come on, you don't have to apologize........*smiles*

Ok, sorry for seeing this late...... I just came online now...... How about that? *smiles*

Anyway, our next game is on wednesday, 20:00 local time in chile (8pm in chile) BUT 12.00AM (12 midnight) in Nigeria.

At this same time Korea will take on Belgium.

While the other games that day will take place earlier by 17:00 local time (I.e. 9pm in Nigeria)...... Have a lovely night rest....... *smiles*

Meanwhile, Safarigirl, what am I seeing? How did it come to this? This is kinda interesting......... *smiles*

bamac:
sorry for quoting you, when and what time is Nigeria's next match if you know?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by bamac(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Sorry for quoting me?? Come on, you don't have to apologize........*smiles*

Ok, sorry for seeing this late...... I just came online now...... How about that? *smiles*

Anyway, our next game is on wednesday, 20:00 local time in chile (8pm in chile) BUT 12.00AM (12 midnight) in Nigeria.

At this same time Korea will take on Belgium.

While the other games that day will take place earlier by 17:00 local time (I.e. 9pm in Nigeria)...... Have a lovely night rest....... *smiles*

Meanwhile, Safarigirl, what am I seeing? How did it come to this? This is kinda interesting......... *smiles*

thank you
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Amaechi5(m): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
If you are not watching the match live you can follow the link below to watch it live from your smartphone or pc plus other live football or sports games. Don't know why nairaland isn't accepting the links here.
http://www.zpykios.com/2015/08/watch-epl-matches-your-android-smartphone.html
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
safarigirl:
yes, it is.....gbosaa, well done o

Apologies sister mi if I have committed a 'capital offence'.

...but that's a beautiful name though...God bless whoever gave you that name.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
gbosaa:

Apologies sister mi if I have committed a 'capital offence'.

...but that's a beautiful name though...God bless whoever gave you that name.
how do you know my name sef?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 27, 2015
safarigirl:
how do you know my name sef?

I can't remember now...Maybe I attended the same nursery school with your brother's friend's nephew.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:15am On Oct 27, 2015
gbosaa:

I can't remember now...Maybe I attended the same nursery school with your brother's friend's nephew.
good to know
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:37am On Oct 27, 2015
joseph1013:

It sounds beautiful!

Yeah it does. It means "father's jewel" in Igbo language. A beautiful name for a Daddy's girl.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

Yeah it does. It means "father's jewel" in Igbo language. A beautiful name for a Daddy's girl.

I'm gonna give my baby girl that name. I really love it.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:27am On Oct 27, 2015
joseph1013:

Hmmm I can see u are really in love witg that name. Are u Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 8:33am On Oct 27, 2015
3 Gbosa! for gbosaa-Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!! Na so gbosaa de hit everybody for this thread. Well done bro. *big smiles* good to know Miss Safari's name-though hearing d name for the first time- thanks for d meaning at Sir.
Icon4s.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 8:34am On Oct 27, 2015
joseph1013:

that thought just came to my mind.*laughs*

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:36am On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

I'm not. I'm very detribalized though.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:40am On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

It just occurred to me that I've seen it before, in Half of A Yellow Sun by Adichie. How is it pronounced?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2015
AIG07:
3 Gbosa! for gbosaa-Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!! Na so gbosaa de hit everybody for this thread. Well done bro. *big smiles* good to know Miss Safari's name-though hearing d name for the first time- thanks for d meaning at Sir.
Icon4s.

Now I'm in trouble and I'm feeling guilty as well. I shouldn't have replied her with that name. I wish I could strike all of una with amnesia right now. I hope she isn't feeling bad. embarassed Beautiful name though...I think the name means daddy's/father's treasure/jewel...I didn't say the name means papa's neck chain o...make una no put me for wahala.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2015
Awwwww........ Don't feel too bad. I also "know" about her real identity aiit..... I just never wanted to bring such online coz I believe people's identity should be respected and left for them to reveal on their own.......

So don't worry, I knew all along..... Including her full name...... *smiles*

But hey! I'm not talking...... **smiles**

Hehehe......

gbosaa:

Now I'm in trouble and I'm feeling guilty as well. I shouldn't have replied her with that name. I wish I could strike all of una with amnesia right now. I hope she isn't feeling bad. embarassed Beautiful name though...I think the name means daddy's/father's treasure/jewelry...I didn't say the name means papa's neck chain o...make una no put me for wahala.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 27, 2015
joseph1013:

Where are you from?. Good to know that you are detribalised like me. tongue
Pls when you do, make sure you let your daughter know how you got it and the meaning. I'm not detribalised in things like that. Are you gonna give her 'Safari' as her middle name? I think they sound cute.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
TOP TEN PREMIERE LEAGUE BEST PLAYERS 1,SERGIO ARGUERO 2,ALEXIS SANCHEZ 3,ANTHONY MATIAL 4,RAHEEM STERLING 5,WILLIAM 6,SANTI CARZOLA 7,CHRISTIAN BENTEKE 8,YAYA TOURE 9,EDEN HAZARD 10,VICENTE KOMPANY..... wow!!! latest way to earn million with just N100 on sport betting.....it is very easy is left for u to predict ur team.2 register click http :// www.naijabet.com/registration/affiliate/124853

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
As una don sabi my name, make everybody talk their first name here, starting with the whistle-blower himself, gbosaa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.